PDA

View Full Version : why does Kawhi cower vs feisty guys like Matt Barnes or dray Green???

hater
01-26-2016, 12:34 AM
He is bigger and stringer than those guys but he seems to piss his pants vs these types of playas.

Why he such a coward vs these feisty dudes?

hater
01-26-2016, 12:39 AM
Were lucky Lebron is such a non feisty man..otherwise we probably have 1 less ring tbh

Coasting
01-26-2016, 12:40 AM
When did he cower against Green? :lol

Kawhi played fine tonight but he needed to have an exceptional game from the jump for the Spurs to be anywhere close to competitive.

hater
01-26-2016, 12:42 AM
Green took his cookie and then some tbh. He dissapers when guys get physical with him.

Were lucky NBA is soft as shit and he faces lame superstars like Durant and Lebron

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 12:44 AM
He dropped by Curry.... And Curry didn't even have the ball.

He got shook

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Why are hater and TheGreatCuck salty faggots?

SuperCam
01-26-2016, 12:46 AM
soft beta personality. his basketball accumen is at an all time high and two wway skills but you can't change the soul and it shows up in the big moments tbh

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 12:48 AM
Meanwhile, MVParker and LMAlpha schooled those fools

Horse
01-26-2016, 12:50 AM
What the fuck are you faggots talking about? Kawhi is the only one who played halfway decent.

siraulo23
01-26-2016, 12:51 AM
Green is stronger and bigger than kawhi tbh

hater
01-26-2016, 12:52 AM
What the fuck are you faggots talking about? Kawhi is the only one who played halfway decent.

For an MVP candidate in a huge game playing halfway decent is a huge fail

hater
01-26-2016, 12:52 AM
Green is stronger and bigger than kawhi tbh

Nope

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 12:53 AM
He is bigger and stringer than those guys but he seems to piss his pants vs these types of playas.

Kawhi scored 11 points in 7 minutes and then Pop sat him with more than 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter.

You should ask why Pop sat Kawhi when he was starting to look unstoppable...

Blake's Cucktainer
01-26-2016, 12:53 AM
Why does Porker cower against literally every point guard on an NBA roster?

hater
01-26-2016, 12:54 AM
Kawhi scored 11 points in 7 minutes and then Pop sat him with more than 5 minutes remaining in the 3rd quarter.

You should ask why Pop sat Kawhi when he was starting to look unstoppable...

Pop sat him because he was showing no energy and was resorting into a jump shooting Kei van horn

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 12:55 AM
soft beta personality. his basketball accumen is at an all time high and two wway skills but you can't change the soul and it shows up in the big moments tbh

dabom
01-26-2016, 12:55 AM

:lol

Blake's Cucktainer
01-26-2016, 12:56 AM
GreatFaggot reduced to quoting his own alts because nobody other than the faggot OP agrees with him.

bic50
01-26-2016, 12:56 AM
Why are hater and TheGreatCuck salty faggots?

Them and superkunt are bitches tbh. Were quiet af until tonight.

bic50
01-26-2016, 12:57 AM
GreatFaggot reduced to quoting his own alts because nobody other than the faggot OP agrees with him.

james evans
01-26-2016, 12:58 AM
he was 4-6 with 16 points. How is that cowering when he's attackign the basket going to the freethrow line? :lol. Pop threw in the towel early though.

hater
Big game. Usual result tbh

r0drig0lac

YGWHI

He was effective 4-6 FG 7-7 FT 16 points...With LMA in a bad night (2-9) I wonder why this team didn't give more the ball to Kawhi in the first half. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating how they play him.

siraulo23
Nope

green can guard 1-4, in todays NBA in some cases 1-5

kawhi can guard 1-3

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Kawhi is not the Pb, even if he needs to improve with his ball handling and decision making.

He is the last that we should be worried about...

hater
01-26-2016, 12:59 AM
Kawhis ISO strugless vs Klay Thompson are far from being effective tbh :lol

hater
01-26-2016, 01:00 AM
Kawhi is not the Pb, even if he needs to improve with his ball handling and decision making.

He is the last that we should be worried about...

Ah ok. Thought he was supposed to be our MVP. Carry on then...

YGWHI
Pop sat him because he was showing no energy and was resorting into a jump shooting Kei van horn

Since when attacking the rim, getting to the line, scoring 11 points in just 7 minutes...is "showing no energy"?

dabom
Maybe the team should take turns and learn how to fucking do an entry pass. :lmao

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:02 AM
Kawhis ISO strugless vs Klay Thompson are far from being effective tbh :lol

Did you watch the game? Kawhi ate Klay alive in the post in this game.

Not effective? :lol

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:05 AM
Ah ok. Thought he was supposed to be our MVP. Carry on then...

He is not an iso player what do you expect from him when the whole team is playing like that?

I don't care if people overate him despite his great productions, he is not Kobe or TMac, he needs to system more than any previous Spurs allstar...

Only (young) Manu or TP could take over.

hater
01-26-2016, 01:08 AM
Very confused by Kawhitard logic tbh.

He's the league MVP yet 14 pts bullied by Green and hanging his head by the 3rd quarter is acceptable

Smh

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:14 AM
Very confused by Kawhitard logic tbh.

He's the league MVP yet 14 pts bullied by Green and hanging his head by the 3rd quarter is acceptable

Smh

No he is not...

And it's not because we argue that we are player fan or whatever bro, just that Kawhi's is an amazing player, but his production depends on the "stability" of the spurs system, nobody could keep his composure today...

TheMulletMan3000
01-26-2016, 01:16 AM

hater
01-26-2016, 01:17 AM
Kawhi is amazing. Never said he wasn't. He is a beast especially when you see him live. And he is stronger and bigger than most guys.

But why can't we cal him out when he shits his pants in big games?? Why does he get a pass in big games?

james evans
01-26-2016, 01:18 AM
He was effective 4-6 FG 7-7 FT 16 points...With LMA in a bad night (2-9) I wonder why this team didn't give more the ball to Kawhi in the first half. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating how they play him.
because parker was too busy turning the ball over and flopping playing hero ball

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:18 AM
He is not an iso player what do you expect from him when the whole team is playing like that?

I don't care if people overate him despite his great productions, he is not Kobe or TMac, he needs to system more than any previous Spurs allstar...

Kawhi was #2 in iso plays in the whole league until the first days of January, his most points in this game coming from isos-plays...

But who can expect he takes over when he gets 6 touches in a game?

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:21 AM
And it's not because we argue that we are player fan or whatever bro, just that Kawhi's is an amazing player, but his production depends on the "stability" of the spurs system, nobody could keep his composure today...

Not sure how Kawhi was starting to look unstoppable in the 3rd quarter when the rest of our guys looked so bad...

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:21 AM
Kawhi is amazing. Never said he wasn't. He is a beast especially when you see him live. And he is stronger and bigger than most guys.

But why can't we cal him out when he shits his pants in big games?? Why does he get a pass in big games?

Because he is not like Tony or Manu used to be, HE IS NOT A GOOD BALL-HANDLER NOR DECISION MAKER UNDER PRESSURE and has never been even if he is (slightly) improving.

I understand your frustration bro, but he is the wrong target. Tony and LA's productions are the main pb imo

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Not sure how Kawhi was starting to look unstoppable in the 3rd quarter when the rest of our guys looked so bad...

He can't dominate for long stretches because of his ball-handling mainly, at some point they just trap him and he doesn't respond well... yet at least (the guy is improving).

He tries to bully his opponent, which works sometimes, but you need more moves to take over.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:24 AM
Because he is not like Tony or Manu used to be, HE IS NOT A GOOD BALL-HANDLER NOR DECISION MAKER UNDER PRESSURE and has never been even if he is (slightly) improving.

And Parker and Manu were that great like Kawhi in the post? They have differents games but it doesn't mean that Kawhi isn't a great iso-player. Or he can't take over a game if Pop and his teammates give him the chance...

hater
01-26-2016, 01:26 AM

I understand your frustration bro, but he is the wrong target. Tony and LA's productions are the main pb imo

He's proven he can be that guy. But not vs feisty physical playas. Those are his kryptonite

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:29 AM
Buddy I love Kawhi, but he is not there yet, he still needs to deal better with dble teams for instance, change of directions...

You don't take over by only posting, you need drive and even if HE IS GETTING BETTER but he is not elite at that yet (Simmons is better in that area for ex)

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:29 AM
He can't dominate for long stretches because of his ball-handling mainly, at some point they just trap him and he doesn't respond well... yet at least (the guy is improving).
Not responding well? Tonight they doubled him twice, one play Manu made a bad pass, in the other Kawhi found Simms for an easy bucket.

He tries to bully his opponent, which works sometimes, but you need more moves to take over.
Worked in this game. Drawing fouls and getting to the line...7-7.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:35 AM
Buddy I love Kawhi, but he is not there yet, he still needs to deal better with dble teams for instance, change of directions...

You don't take over by only posting, you need drive and even if HE IS GETTING BETTER but he is not elite at that yet (Simmons is better in that area for ex)

He's a post-up player, even if you can't believe it most of them take over posting...And he's getting better handling double teams, if you can't see it maybe you aren't watching him very often.

james evans
01-26-2016, 01:35 AM

25 mins, 4-6, 16 points. 16 points on 6 shots at 67%. In what league is that considered "shitting ones pants.."? Especially when you're benched most of the 2nd half.. We can look at stats and say, "____ had a bad game", or we can look at the game and make an assessment. Somewhere, a kid is googling a bruce bowen or rodman stats type of player and saying, "these guys sucked, they couldn't score..". This is why we watch games..

rasuo214
01-26-2016, 01:36 AM
Did you watch the game? Kawhi postup resulted in a score the 3 or so times they bothered to give him the ball in the post. Instead they wasted time trying to force a LMA postup on Green, had Parker try and go 1 on 1 or Manu trying to hero ball like he was still playing the Lakers.

Kawhi could have easily had 20+ in 3 quarters yet he isn't going to win the game on his own.

james evans
01-26-2016, 01:37 AM

apparently parker isn't a good ball handler anymore either:lol

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:38 AM
Even if Kawhi went for 30+ we would have still been blown out...

He is not the pb (coward? really?:lol) like some haters say, but he is not TMac, he needs his teammates to be on the same page, can't do it alone (that's why Pop only played him 25min).

But add Timmy and 30+min Kawhi, it's a different game

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Did you watch the game? Kawhi postup resulted in a score the 3 or so times they bothered to give him the ball in the post. Instead they wasted time trying to force a LMA postup on Green, had Parker try and go 1 on 1 or Manu trying to hero ball like he was still playing the Lakers.

Kawhi could have easily had 20+ in 3 quarters yet he isn't going to win the game on his own.

I asked him the same but it's pretty obvious that he didn't.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:43 AM
apparently parker isn't a good ball handler anymore either:lol

TP is a whole other issue imo, he just didn't come for the fight (like against the Cavs) for whatever reason. Let's hope he is injured and didn't want to force...

He is such a liability on D aginst the Dubs that the only reason he can be on the floor is if he "compensate" with a great O.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Even if Kawhi went for 30+ we would have still been blown out...

He is not the pb (coward? really?:lol) like some haters say, but he is not TMac, he needs his teammates to be on the same page, can't do it alone (that's why Pop only played him 25min).

But add Timmy and 30+min Kawhi, it's a different game

Who can do it alone? LeBron, Durant? They couldn't in the Finals.

But there is a difference saying Kawhi can't do it alone and what you said about him being not good in ISOs or not getting better handling double teams.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 01:53 AM
Who can do it alone? LeBron, Durant? They couldn't in the Finals.

But there is a difference saying Kawhi can't do it alone and what you said about him being not good in ISOs or not getting better handling double teams.

:lol man you are very sensitive...

I didn't say he sucks in ISO, I just meant he can't YET carry the team in scoring for long stretches the way Manu or Tony used to when nobody else could score.

The main reason imo being his ball handling and also the energy he puts on D. He is great at the post but when dbled he need his teammates and they were nowhere to be seen today...

james evans
01-26-2016, 01:56 AM
I asked him the same but it's pretty obvious that he didn't.
yep, that's been a problem with discussions. People comment when they haven't been watching games hahaha

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM
I didn't say he sucks in ISO, I just meant he can't YET carry the team in scoring for long stretches the way Manu or Tony used to when nobody else could score.

Not sure why you say this. The only game we watched this team feeding Kawhi consistently during a whole game and getting more than 18 FGA, he scored 32 points.

He scored 18 points in a half against Washington, 14 points in the 3rd quarter against the Cavs...it's pretty obvious that he can carry the team on offense.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 02:10 AM
Not sure why you say this. The only game we watched this team feeding Kawhi consistently during a whole game and getting more than 18 FGA, he scored 32 points.

He scored 18 points in a half against Washington, 14 points in the 3rd quarter against the Cavs...it's pretty obvious that he can carry the team on offense.

That's the thing, Tony or Manu didn't need to be fed as much because they could go wherever they want on the floor, nobody could slow them down.

Kawhi is different, so much better in so many areas but I haven't seen him bring the ball all over, crossing/getting rid of opponent the way Tony or Manu did that's all...

Look, we mainly agree, the only part we disagree is imo subjective, Kwahi might prove me wrong later on (I hope so), but don't you think, at some point Pop would have given him the green light if he thought he could do it?

Maybe CIA Pop didn't want to show his cards, idk...

rasuo214
01-26-2016, 02:41 AM
That's the thing, Tony or Manu didn't need to be fed as much because they could go wherever they want on the floor, nobody could slow them down.

Kawhi is different, so much better in so many areas but I haven't seen him bring the ball all over, crossing/getting rid of opponent the way Tony or Manu did that's all...

Look, we mainly agree, the only part we disagree is imo subjective, Kwahi might prove me wrong later on (I hope so), but don't you think, at some point Pop would have given him the green light if he thought he could do it?

Well Tony and Manu are guards, that's like complaining about Timmy not crossing people over in the same way as Tony and Manu. They play different positions and will have different strengths and weaknesses. Kawhi is more than capable of taking over and scoring, the problem is he isn't the primary ball handler so he can't do it whenever he wants like Tony and Manu. He needs to rely on his teammates to give him the ball.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 02:44 AM
Well Tony and Manu are guards, that's like complaining about Timmy not crossing people over in the same way as Tony and Manu. They play different positions and will have different strengths and weaknesses. Kawhi is more than capable of taking over and scoring, the problem is he isn't the primary ball handler so he can't do it whenever he wants like Tony and Manu. He needs to rely on his teammates to give him the ball.

Pretty much. Not sure why this simple basketball concept is hard to understand. Ginobili and Parker are still both stuck in 2014 basketball of some sorts.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 02:51 AM
Apples and oranges. They're guards, they have the balls in their hands most of times.

But don't you think, at some point Pop would have given him the green light if he thought he could do it?
I wonder why Pop doesn't do it more often. The few times he gave Kawhi the green light he responded in the best way possible...scoring 30 points.

29 in the Finals, 32 against Clippers, 32 against OKC...

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 02:58 AM

I think some fans didn't witness young Tony or Manu, and what you describe, how they could just be dominant without needed a system even, so it is difficult to grasp your comparison.
I do think they could go more to Kawhi, but the post up does take a lot of energy, and strength (ask Lebron, who doesn't like to post up every possession either, and prefers to mix it up, drive and dish, do other things). Kawhi is not that. And I also get what you say, not hating on Kawhi at all, which some fans think you are doing.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 03:07 AM
I do think they could go more to Kawhi, but the post up does take a lot of energy, and strength (ask Lebron, who doesn't like to post up every possession either, and prefers to mix it up, drive and dish, do other things). Kawhi is not that. And I also get what you say, not hating on Kawhi at all, which some fans think you are doing.

Good to know that someone thinks they can go more to Kawhi than 6 FTA in a game...Especially against Barnes and Klay who can't guard him like this game has shown.

Kawhi's a post player and mid-range shooter, so he can mix his post-ups with that shot. But it seems that they go away from him/his favorite spots.

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 03:13 AM
Good to know that someone thinks they can go more to Kawhi than 6 FTA in a game...Especially against Barnes and Klay who can't guard him like this game has shown.

Kawhi's a post player and mid-range shooter, so he can mix his post-ups with that shot. But it seems that they go away from him/his favorite spots.
I agree they should have gone more to him this game, I am also very puzzled why Pop sat him down yet let Manu run wild out there. Kawhi, LMA and Simmons played 25 minutes. Maybe that was the cap Pop had.

rasuo214
01-26-2016, 03:19 AM
I think some fans didn't witness young Tony or Manu, and what you describe, how they could just be dominant without needed a system even, so it is difficult to grasp your comparison.

Well it isn't a fair comparison to make. Primary ball handlers, like Tony and Manu, can call their number whenever they want. So if they have a mismatch they can continuously exploit it. Just compare how those to do on their own vs when they have to share ball handling duties when both are on the court.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 03:27 AM
I agree they should have gone more to him this game, I am also very puzzled why Pop sat him down yet let Manu run wild out there. Kawhi, LMA and Simmons played 25 minutes. Maybe that was the cap Pop had.

Let Manu and Rasual there. It was Pop's :yield

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 03:48 AM

You may be right (I wish so), but Pop doesn't seem to think he can be...

Believe me I would rather have seen the ball in his hand than Tony's or Manu's tonight.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 03:58 AM

THANK YOU!!!

I know my english is far from perfect but I was starting to wonder why they didn't get what I was saying...

I have his jersey, I love the dude, do we need to say it before saying anything about Kawhi now? :lol

The progresses he has done are mind-blogging, but his ball-handling is imo the next step that could make him unguardable the same way Tony and Manu were and carry the team when everybody sucks and the system doesn't "work"...

I still think Pop didn't want to overplay him, he is ok with the Dubs thinking they can deal with Kawhi (which I'm sure they think).

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 04:02 AM
Well it isn't a fair comparison to make. Primary ball handlers, like Tony and Manu, can call their number whenever they want. So if they have a mismatch they can continuously exploit it. Just compare how those to do on their own vs when they have to share ball handling duties when both are on the court.

The best comparison is Paul George, Kawhi is a better overall player, but PG is way more comfortable with the ball and is often their primary ball-handler.

I want Kawhi to get to that point. Just a matter of time imo...

01-26-2016, 04:12 AM
The best comparison is Paul George, Kawhi is a better overall player, but PG is way more comfortable with the ball and is often their primary ball-handler.

Paul George has improvved as a ball handler, but his issues were different than Kawhis. He was always more comfortable with the ball, he was just wreckless, and loose with his handle, kind of like Simmons. Kawhi is not a natural ball handler.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 04:21 AM
Paul George has improvved as a ball handler, but his issues were different than Kawhis. He was always more comfortable with the ball, he was just wreckless, and loose with his handle, kind of like Simmons. Kawhi is not a natural ball handler.

I know, but he was neither a natural shooter and look at the level he is at...

I have no doubt he can improve greatly in that area and it will make a huge difference!

01-26-2016, 04:38 AM
I know, but he was neither a natural shooter and look at the level he is at...

I have no doubt he can improve greatly in that area and it will make a huge difference!
I hope so :tu

rasuo214
01-26-2016, 06:33 AM

It would be nice to see Kawhi get more experience as a primary ball handler and see how it goes. The only way to improve is with more experience, like Kawhi's postups, at first he wasn't very good at reacting to the double team but the more he sees them the better he gets.

Ginobili3
01-26-2016, 06:39 AM
D-West, Simmons and Manu were our best players. Kawhi touched the ball way too little to be considered any sort of factor.

tholdren
01-26-2016, 06:41 AM
Go away

theman21
01-26-2016, 06:48 AM
That's the problem here, Kawhi brought fire to his game and wanted the ball so badly, but for whatever reason (team running the offense perhaps), Kawhi just wasn't getting the ball. Kawhi is the Spurs biggest threat to GSW and he wasn't utilized efficiently and Pop needs to figure this out or Spurs will continue to lose to Warriors in blowouts.

I'm starting to grow tired of the fact that the Spurs still don't have an offensive play set that gets the ball into Kawhi's hands.

Our strength is ISO and inside out and we still have factions of the team who believe motion and PnR are our strengths.

DenialTwist
01-26-2016, 06:57 AM
I'm starting to grow tired of the fact that the Spurs still don't have an offensive play set that gets the ball into Kawhi's hands.

I wholeheartedly agree but I don't think that will change with Parker in the lineup. I know there are people on ST that go back and forth with the Parker hate but it's really noticeable that Kawhi gets frozen out of the offense. 6 shots in 3 quarters is unacceptable. Pop must notice this?! Can you run more sets for the leading scorer please? How hard is it really.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 07:04 AM
That's the problem here, Kawhi brought fire to his game and wanted the ball so badly, but for whatever reason (team running the offense perhaps), Kawhi just wasn't getting the ball. Kawhi is the Spurs biggest threat to GSW and he wasn't utilized efficiently and Pop needs to figure this out or Spurs will continue to lose to Warriors in blowouts.

Our strength is ISO and inside out and we still have factions of the team who believe motion and PnR are our strengths.

I agree, but the players do what Pop ask then to do.

I still have no idea what the game plan was though... :lol

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 07:35 AM
WE have to consider the defense. He gets double teamed and has to pass out. Once even Manu had a TO trying to get him the ball when he was double teamed. He has to handle the ball better so that there is no issue with getting him the ball while he's double teamed and then he can do whatever he pleases, pass or force his shots. If he can't handle the ball under pressure, he remains at the mercy of someone else who can, and in those situations, there is ball denial, there are many ways of preventing him getting the ball or forcing to give it up once he has it.

theman21
01-26-2016, 09:37 AM
WE have to consider the defense. He gets double teamed and has to pass out. Once even Manu had a TO trying to get him the ball when he was double teamed. He has to handle the ball better so that there is no issue with getting him the ball while he's double teamed and then he can do whatever he pleases, pass or force his shots. If he can't handle the ball under pressure, he remains at the mercy of someone else who can, and in those situations, there is ball denial, there are many ways of preventing him getting the ball or forcing to give it up once he has it.
Just like Tim you have to let him grow and learn to deal with double teams to force a mismatch and pass to the open man. Tim was horrible when he started to get doubled when he started out then people stopped doing it once he got good at exploiting the double.

loveforthegame
01-26-2016, 10:51 AM
It's funny really. Lots of posts about how Leonard needs to be parked on the 3 point line (save energy, biggest threat). Let Parker and LMA do the 2 man game. Kawhi post ups are not good offense. BUT Kawhi has to be aggressive.

What's he suppose to do? He's our best 3 point shooter but rarely gets looks from there. The only play they run for him is the ally oop. You can't tell me they can't set a screen or two. Get him involved in some p/r and p/p now and then.

The biggest joke is not clearing out when he's in the post. The bigs are terrible about staying near the basket which clogs the lane. Also makes entry passes iffy because another defender is always hovering. Clear out, let him operate quickly, or make the help defender commit, then move without the ball.

I'm not saying everything has to run through Leonard. But mix it up. A post up here, a screen there, and so on.

still.focused
01-26-2016, 11:05 AM
The best part of this thread is that out all the negatives or quarrels people have about Kawhi very few were exhibited in this GSW game
He WAS aggressive. He DID get to the line. He DIDNT settle for jumpers. He played WELL outta the dbl teams
Ill say it again,
His biggest hindrance is the team he plays with
if they used him like this last year I wouldnt have be surprised if he left during FA
Kawhi isnt elite yet but hes damn sure on the way
Get the fuck out his way & let that boy shine!

loveforthegame
01-26-2016, 11:25 AM
A few times Leonard grabbed the rebound and pushed the ball up. He's doing that more this season. Sometimes it works. Basket for himself, layup for someone else, or open 3 look for another. Sometimes he turns it over or is indecisive and the moment of attack is gone. Part of the process.

Why not let him bring the ball up a few times? See if anything develops? He can always run to the corner and watch/wait if there isn't anything to work with. But it would draw his defender out and make him work/think about what is coming. As of now everyone knows he's going to run to the corner/3 point line.

hater
01-26-2016, 11:54 AM
It's great that spursfans finally agree Kawhi is no MVP. Not even close and he can't carry a team anywhere.

We gona need LMAlpha to take over the team or we might as well tank

james evans
01-26-2016, 12:35 PM
D-West, Simmons and Manu were our best players. Kawhi touched the ball way too little to be considered any sort of factor.
simmons????? for real? hahaha. simmons and ginobli are 2 players u name???? did u watch the GAME last night or just that highlighted gif of simmons dunking?

james evans
01-26-2016, 12:38 PM
It's funny really. Lots of posts about how Leonard needs to be parked on the 3 point line (save energy, biggest threat). Let Parker and LMA do the 2 man game. Kawhi post ups are not good offense. BUT Kawhi has to be aggressive.

What's he suppose to do? He's our best 3 point shooter but rarely gets looks from there. The only play they run for him is the ally oop. You can't tell me they can't set a screen or two. Get him involved in some p/r and p/p now and then.

The biggest joke is not clearing out when he's in the post. The bigs are terrible about staying near the basket which clogs the lane. Also makes entry passes iffy because another defender is always hovering. Clear out, let him operate quickly, or make the help defender commit, then move without the ball.

I'm not saying everything has to run through Leonard. But mix it up. A post up here, a screen there, and so on.
see my post in another thread about floor spacing. GS doesn't defend the 3 point line. They camp in the lane, double and triple for a steal and run out. We gotta make them pay. We can't make them pay with everyone playing inside of the 3 point line. work that 4-1 offense with either tim or aldridge on the block. From the bench, put west on the block and diaw at the 3 point line with ginobli, mills, and simmons with him and we will make them pay. I promise u.. That's how u beat a zone defense. No one here watches Duke basketball?

loveforthegame
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
People here seem big on saving Leonard's energy. Minimal post ups, parking at the 3 point line.

How about finding some guards who can do their jobs and play defense. Not waste Leonard's energy having to chase guys like Curry and Redick for long stretches.

skulls138
01-26-2016, 12:48 PM
Why does Porker cower against literally every point guard on an NBA roster?Are you daft? That is so not the case. Ive seen him school Westbrook, CP3 and many others.

skulls138
01-26-2016, 12:54 PM
It's great that spursfans finally agree Kawhi is no MVP. Not even close and he can't carry a team anywhere.

We gona need LMAlpha to take over the team or we might as well tankHuh? How about LMA just show up for a game before talking about taking over. One bad game and you throw in the towel in for Kawhi? A coach you are not.

Ginobili3
01-26-2016, 01:56 PM
simmons????? for real? hahaha. simmons and ginobli are 2 players u name???? did u watch the GAME last night or just that highlighted gif of simmons dunking?
They were the only ones playing worth a damn and with any sort of fire. Sure they missed a lot of shots but who else but Manu was drawing fouls and getting to the line?

bic50
01-26-2016, 02:03 PM
Huh? How about LMA just show up for a game before talking about taking over. One bad game and you throw in the towel in for Kawhi? A coach you are not.

The guy is a garbage troll tbh.

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 03:46 PM

We gona need LMAlpha to take over the team or we might as well tank

Why do you need to be so manichean? :lol

The fact that he is not the MVP of the league doesn't mean he can't carry the team on the long term, that's actually the goal, like it or not...

And he is an "alpha" dude, no question about it. You just have to accept that he is in a "process". When you see the speed with witch he has improved SO MANY areas of his game, just be patient a little bit buddy.
Just with that game itself he is gonna learn/improve so much (I'm not the only one suspecting that CIA Pop wasn't unhappy, not by the loss, but by the lessons and so the improvements that his team/players with benefit from).

He is our MVP, it's not even close. :toast

And btw, I've never seen anything remotely alpha in LMA, even in Portland...

Buddy Mignon
01-26-2016, 04:25 PM

Retard has no balls. He's no Bowen.

midnightpulp
01-26-2016, 04:28 PM
Retard has no balls. He's no Bowen.

:lol 6th seed
:lol Charles Barkley 2.0
:lol We Won't Be Sneaking

Kool Bob Love
01-26-2016, 04:33 PM

dabom
01-26-2016, 04:42 PM

I can tell you don't watch basketball because u just said manu simms and dwest who all played garbage last night. Especially dwest for fuck's sake. :lmao

hater
01-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Huh? How about LMA just show up for a game before talking about taking over. One bad game and you throw in the towel in for Kawhi? A coach you are not.

Who said I threw in the towel? He is our best player but I am just pointing out the obvious trend that he shrinks vs feisty boisterous physical opponents. Just pointing it out

kobyz
01-27-2016, 01:36 AM

kawhi is slow minded and can't communicate because of his syndrome, so can't defend this type of great flow and smart offense, that's why he got fooled over and over again...

rasuo214
01-27-2016, 02:45 AM
They were the only ones playing worth a damn and with any sort of fire. Sure they missed a lot of shots but who else but Manu was drawing fouls and getting to the line?

Trying to dunk over and over again does not = playing well. Also did you see his defense? He played the worst defense last night (with the exception of Patty and Parker who are just too small).

hater
01-27-2016, 09:31 AM
Glad the Kawhi bubble has finally burst.

Time to wake up to reality and start from scratch. Pop needs to start building the team around LMaloha and start inserting Boban. Oh and Simmons needs to start instead of green. And we probably need to trade someone for a long defensive PG.

bic50
01-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Garbage ass trolls.

hater
01-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Oh and Duncan needs to get healthy. We are obviously not even a top 5 team with a hurt Timmy

DarrinS
01-27-2016, 09:51 AM
Glad the Kawhi bubble has finally burst.

Time to wake up to reality and start from scratch. Pop needs to start building the team around LMaloha and start inserting Boban. Oh and Simmons needs to start instead of green. And we probably need to trade someone for a long defensive PG.

Did you give up on MVParker? :cry

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256182

hater
01-27-2016, 12:20 PM
Porker is too small to guard curry/klay/green tbqh.

Neither can Mills or Evita for that matter

CE la vie :lol

KimmyGib
01-27-2016, 02:39 PM
I'll add Marcus Morris to that list as well. Love Kawhi, but there is a trend here tbh

in2deep
01-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Demar Derozan anyone?

DarrinS
01-27-2016, 02:55 PM
I'll add Marcus Morris to that list as well. Love Kawhi, but there is a trend here tbh

What trend would that be?

Benoit
02-17-2017, 12:52 PM
LMAO

TheGreatYacht
03-29-2017, 09:48 PM
hater :wow

phxspurfan
03-29-2017, 09:57 PM
He can study MJ's fade and Kobe's step back, but does he have either of their killer instinct? Looks like no so far

hater
03-29-2017, 10:05 PM
Barnes just completely owns our superstar tbqh

I called it when Warriors landed Barnes "we are fucked even if we somehow make it to the west finals" I said

TheGreatYacht
03-29-2017, 10:08 PM
Buford had the chance to sign him, but Joel Anthony :lmao

TheGreatYacht
03-29-2017, 11:22 PM
Never seen a poster that's consistently right as much as hater tbh

Budkin
03-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Barnes just completely owns our superstar tbqh

I called it when Warriors landed Barnes "we are fucked even if we somehow make it to the west finals" I said

Yeah what's up with that, ever since the 2015 Clips series.

TheGreatYacht
03-29-2017, 11:35 PM
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tbrnews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/94/09495f44-0747-11e2-a61b-001a4bcf887a/506205bb1cd8d.image.jpg

JohnnyMax
03-30-2017, 01:40 AM
http://www.thecoli.com/data/emoticons/1/4681943faf0ddcd60350f90ea403184c.png

UZER
03-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Buford had the chance to sign him, but Joel Anthony :lmao

Because Barnes "is not a Spur".

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Because Barnes "is not a Spur".
Aka he won't take Poop's shit tbh

hater
03-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Porker is too small to guard curry/klay/green tbqh.

Neither can Mills or Evita for that matter

CE la vie :lol

Goddam shit hasnt changed in 1 fucking year

:lmao Pop you had one year to try to get anyone who could guard besides Green n Kawhi