PDA

View Full Version : LMA in a big game = disappears

razor247
01-26-2016, 12:49 AM
This guy has disappeared in every game when the going gets tough. Watching him tonight, if he isn't wide open hes worthless. His defense sucks and he is slow... Yet in a big game West always shows up and can at least get a shot...LMA please go away

DeRozan m8
01-26-2016, 12:50 AM
I have noticed this too.

dominates shit teams then goes missing.

james evans
01-26-2016, 12:51 AM
I'll still take him over shitter

Spurs9
01-26-2016, 12:51 AM
Lets trade him for Drummond imo

tbdog
01-26-2016, 12:52 AM
He apparently is having back spasms.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 12:53 AM
He's a pussy choker. Unless being guarded by Terrence jones :lol

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 12:54 AM

Splitter would get us a bunch of easy baskets off pnr and just putting himself in good position.

Dingle Barry
01-26-2016, 12:54 AM
Gonna be a dark and cold world when Tim rides off into the sunset.

Hemotivo
01-26-2016, 12:55 AM
:reading

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 12:56 AM
This was already common knowledge, tbh..

james evans
01-26-2016, 12:56 AM
Splitter would get us a bunch of easy baskets off pnr and just putting himself in good position.
when was this?

timtonymanu
01-26-2016, 12:57 AM

At least Splitter was a key part of a championship and also shut down this scrub when it mattered.

spursistan
01-26-2016, 01:06 AM
More striking is that his body language exudes the whole proverbial fetal position...With all West's limitations, you at least get the sense that the guy is fighting his ass off and contributing against the big guns as evidenced in both games vs CLE/GSW..

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 01:09 AM
His whole career he's been a high volume, low efficiency choke artist. Spurs will need injuries and favorable matchups to win a title with him and Parker as your 2nd and 3rd options.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-26-2016, 01:09 AM
LMA and Green for Kobe, 2 goats and one bag of Doritos? Guys?

spurraider21
01-26-2016, 01:10 AM
only big game he's showed up (to my memory) was vs the clippers

testies
01-26-2016, 01:11 AM
Why are you guys comparing him to Splitter, retards? Have you noticed we lost Belinelli, Splitter AND Baynes because of him?

Its not that hes soft, he actually lacks the techinque and hands to catch passes in scrambles etc.. He cant finish with his left .. his only good move is the fadeaway which he inexplicably only tried once today.

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 01:12 AM
More striking is that his body language exudes the whole proverbial fetal position...With all West's limitations, you at least get the sense that the guy is fighting his ass off and contributing against the big guns as evidenced in both games vs CLE/GSW..

You see the Portland/Memphis series last playoffs? Never seen a big phone it in as bad as LMBeta did in that series. Dude has always been mentally weak and soft as shit

spursistan
01-26-2016, 01:16 AM
our only hope is for Pop/Timmy to wire some testicular fortitude in him..We have little chance, even against OKC/Clips, if he isn't 16-10 guy in a playoff series..

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 01:24 AM
our only hope is for Pop/Timmy to wire some testicular fortitude in him..We have little chance, even against OKC/Clips, if he isn't 16-10 guy in a playoff series..

He could pull of 16/10 but it will be on awful efficiency. What makes it even worse is his inability to draw free throws. One of the softest bigs in the NBA. His entire Portland career is like this.

spursistan
02-14-2016, 11:02 PM
again this dude when not playing scrub teams :depressed..

rasuo214
02-14-2016, 11:17 PM
Maybe time to reactivate his twitter.

BillMc
02-14-2016, 11:25 PM
This was hardly a big game. In fact it is the most meaningless game on the schedule.

AFMadison
02-14-2016, 11:28 PM
This was hardly a big game. In fact it is the most meaningless game on the schedule.
Bill had some of that Truthburger Helper for supper.

BillMc
02-14-2016, 11:30 PM
Bill had some of that Truthburger Helper for supper.
:lol:toast

Or Latvian potatoes and chicken. Same difference.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-14-2016, 11:32 PM
:lol:toast

Or Latvian potatoes and chicken. Same difference.
Don't Latvians live off of cabbage, thistles and snow tbh? Not much to eat up there, nothing grows nothing really survives.

Kawhitstorm
02-15-2016, 12:55 AM
He gets tense when the lights are bright ala Klay "Choke" Thompson:lol

BillMc
02-15-2016, 07:54 AM
Don't Latvians live off of cabbage, thistles and snow tbh? Not much to eat up there, nothing grows nothing really survives.

Plenty survives. Lots of great farmland here.

Horse
02-15-2016, 01:59 PM
again this dude when not playing scrub teams :depressed..

Eat a dick not only was it a joke of a game there was no place for a big man in this 5 on 5 3pt shootout.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Plenty survives. Lots of great farmland here.
I thought it was a frozen tundra country next to the Baltic Sea?

BillMc
02-15-2016, 02:50 PM
I thought it was a frozen tundra country next to the Baltic Sea?

Next to the Baltic Sea, sure. Cold in winter, yeah, but no worse than Chicago. In fact better. Plenty grows here, beautiful forests, nice farmland, and in summer its plenty warm with the best beaches I've ever been on. (And I lived 3 years in Miami).

UNT Eagles 2016
02-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Next to the Baltic Sea, sure. Cold in winter, yeah, but no worse than Chicago. In fact better. Plenty grows here, beautiful forests, nice farmland, and in summer its plenty warm with the best beaches I've ever been on. (And I lived 3 years in Miami).
Miami is too warm but the women are far superior in Miami tbh.

BillMc
02-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Miami is too warm but the women are far superior in Miami tbh.

I would disagree but to each their own.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-15-2016, 03:14 PM
I would disagree but to each their own.
Aren't women up in Scandinavia all tall, skinny, blonde feminists?

BillMc
02-15-2016, 03:24 PM
Well, Latvia is not part of Scandinavia, though if you know the history of the region a lot of Swedish bloodlines run through here (as well as Russian, German and, of course, native Latvian). There are no shortage of tall, skinny, blondes (which I like) though sort of amber hair is more common. Except for maybe Kiev, the center of Riga has the most concentrated number of beauties I've ever seen. They are no more or less feminists than the average European woman. There are enough political and social-political points of views to go around.

The beaches I mentioned are great in summer because they are all white sand but we are far enough north that the sun is up very late. You can get a tan at 10 at night in late June.

If you want to keep talking about this PM. I think we've shanghaied this thread. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-15-2016, 03:30 PM
lol UNT

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-15-2016, 03:40 PM
Aren't women up in Scandinavia all tall, skinny, blonde feminists?

Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are the non Nordic countries on the Baltic Sea. And Slavic women are way hotter than American women, just sayin.

BillMc
02-15-2016, 03:49 PM
Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania are the non Nordic countries on the Baltic Sea. And Slavic women are way hotter than American women, just sayin.

Lithuanians and Latvians aren't Slavs, they're Balts, tbh. That said, about 30% of Riga is ethnic Russian (who are obviously Slavic). So there's a good mix of everything "Hotness" is in no short supply. :)

spursistan
02-19-2016, 12:47 AM
Like seriously, incredible what kind of non factor he becomes in a game vs contender when he misses his early few shots..This the type of game you need 30-35 out a him..really disappointing performance vs league elite and we are only talking about regular season..

fusionjazzman72
02-19-2016, 12:51 AM
He sucks! Regular season champs again!

spursistan
02-19-2016, 01:00 AM
3-12 :lmao...

ceperez
02-19-2016, 01:03 AM
Like seriously, incredible what kind of non factor he becomes in a game vs contender when he misses his early few shots..This the type of game you need 30-35 out a him..really disappointing performance vs league elite and we are only talking about regular season..

Total BS performance.... Spurs missed trade deadline... could have maximized his trade value with his all-star selection.

C'mon.... how can an all star shoot 3-12????

TheDoctor
3-12 :lmao...
He should activate and deactivate his social media accounts again :lmao

still.focused

This would be an adequate response if he just didnt take this game serious & could turn his game on & off at will
But theres nothing about this season that makes anyone in their right mind think he can do that
It wasnt exactly a big game in terms of the Spurs needing to win
But definitely an important game in terms of him establishing and maintaining his rythym

boutons_deux
Really bad omen for his playoff numbers.

ElNono
02-19-2016, 01:04 AM
It's about stepping up when your team needs you the most... I saw David West fired up out there, trying to give this team a chance... but softridge was just being softridge, tbh...

All Mighty Janitor
02-19-2016, 01:05 AM
LaMarcus must really want to keep the "we win when he leads in scoring" stat perfect, huh?

AZK619
02-19-2016, 01:07 AM
LaBeta doing big things, showing he can do it himself. :lma

spursistan
02-19-2016, 01:09 AM
with these pitiful showings now, it's looking bleak as far as him getting thrown into the pressure cooker of WCF/WCSF deep into May against the same opponents....

AZK619
02-19-2016, 01:10 AM
Total BS performance.... Spurs missed trade deadline... could have maximized his trade value with his all-star selection.

C'mon.... how can an all star shoot 3-12????
:pctoss:

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:12 AM
The guy is no better than Ibaka when it comes to posting up legit post defenders :depressed

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:14 AM
with these pitiful showings now, it's looking bleak as far as him getting thrown into the pressure cooker of WCF/WCSF deep into May against the same opponents....

Thanks god for D-West but that faggot Pop probably will only play him when there is a 7 footer playing PF.:bang

02-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Had flashbacks of Tiago unable to post up smaller players. Saw many opportunities for LMA to post up smaller players but he just backs down a little and settles for the long two.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 01:20 AM
Had flashbacks of Tiago unable to post up smaller players. Saw many opportunities for LMA to post up smaller players but he just backs down a little and settles for the long two.

He should stick to his pick-n-pop but unfortunately the one time Porker tried to run the play he ended up on the bench getting scorned by Pop like a fat bitch b/c the execution was straight diarrhea.

spursistan
02-19-2016, 02:04 AM
It's about stepping up when your team needs you the most... I saw David West fired up out there, trying to give this team a chance... but softridge was just being softridge, tbh...
Some guys just simply don't have "it"..It is an innate intangible talent ..It is not like the Spurs don't have history with it including some team icons, active and retired..It is not looking good as far as him coming though for us in big moment in POs..

ceperez
02-19-2016, 06:16 AM
Some guys just simply don't have "it"..It is an innate intangible talent ..It is not like the Spurs don't have history with it including some team icons, active and retired..It is not looking good as far as him coming though for us in big moment in POs..

Thought he had turned it around, now this pathetic performance. Regressed to a player that was just coasting. He honestly doesn't have enough talent to just turn it on night after night.

West is clearly a winner, he's a liability in defense and needs to be paired with a center. Paired with Boban, they did very well to get back into the game.

Having the worse +/- on the team and 3-12 shooting is enough stats to be blamed for this loss.

cd021
02-19-2016, 08:58 AM

Part of me is curious about what his performance would have been if KL played and Duncan sat while West started. Better spacing and he doesn't seem to defer when its West on the floor instead of Duncan.

cd021
02-19-2016, 09:03 AM
He should stick to his pick-n-pop but unfortunately the one time Porker tried to run the play he ended up on the bench getting scorned by Pop like a fat bitch b/c the execution was straight diarrhea.

haven't watched the Spurs as much this season but I've been surprised how much he's playing near the basket. I would have thought they would use him as a "decoy" more by having Duncan setting screens for Parker with him in the elbow or on the baseline pulling his man away from the basket. If his man leaves him open then he can kill them with his mid range or Parker gets an easy layup or Duncan gets a easy run by rolling to the basket.

Dex
02-19-2016, 10:29 AM
This has become a legitimate concern. LMA should have had the green light last night with Kawhi out, instead deferred and shrunk to the occasion once again.

Dude needs to get his head straight before playoffs.

peacemaker885
02-19-2016, 11:21 AM
If he can't show it now, he won't be able to show it in the playoffs.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 11:52 AM
haven't watched the Spurs as much this season but I've been surprised how much he's playing near the basket. I would have thought they would use him as a "decoy" more by having Duncan setting screens for Parker with him in the elbow or on the baseline pulling his man away from the basket. If his man leaves him open then he can kill them with his mid range or Parker gets an easy layup or Duncan gets a easy run by rolling to the basket.

The only players that should be allowed to post up are consistently are Boban/Kawhi & Diaw/West when they have a mouse in the house. In the playoffs, LMA should only be allowed to post terrible post defenders such as Blake/Dirk otherwise he's going to keep catching Ls on national TV like Porker.

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 11:58 AM
BREAKING
Live footage from LMA in LA.
http://i.imgur.com/dHoshAJ.gif

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 12:03 PM
BREAKING
Live footage from LMA in LA.
http://i.imgur.com/dHoshAJ.gif

:lma L train keeps picking up Ls all the way to the bank.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 12:40 PM
For the record:

Clippers - 10pts 28% Loss
Cavs - 15pts 63% Loss
Dubs - 5 pts 22% Loss
Cavs - 6 pts 28% Win

Regular season down to 2 more months and we have yet to see a single impressive game against a contender!

Baseline21
02-19-2016, 12:56 PM
LMA has a small on him down in post and he still settles for 18ft jumpers. It starting to be a trend where he does like to bang or go down in the post. Luc Mbah a Moute is 6'8 and LMA 6'10 but is and all star. He should be destroying this scrub and should just over power him in post and shoot over him. Then another pet peeve of me is when he has an wide open 16ft jumper and then passes up shot and drives into the defender. He does it all the time and pissing me off, then he does a turnaround dirk fade away. It's just mind blowing why he shoots like and plays like this. Draymond green killed him and I'm starting to think LMA folds when tough gets going. If he starts missing his shot early, if passes up open shots and hides.

RD2191
02-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Told you all this nigga was trash when it mattered.

cd021
02-19-2016, 01:27 PM
The only players that should be allowed to post up are consistently are Boban/Kawhi & Diaw/West when they have a mouse in the house. In the playoffs, LMA should only be allowed to post terrible post defenders such as Blake/Dirk otherwise he's going to keep catching Ls on national TV like Porker.

Posting up in general is a generally inefficient play. Diaw is usually effective posting up because he only posts players that are similar sizes to him or smaller/skinnier. In 2014 during the OKC series, he gave the Thunder fits by posting up Caron Buttler or Kevin Durant when they tried to play small ball. They wound up having to send doubles at him, which is a terrible idea because he can find the player that they help off of or he can turn away from the double and shoot that turnaround jumper of his.

Leonard is usually effective as well, i'm fine with him posting up. Boban doesn't really play major minutes so i don't really have an opinion on him. Aldridge can be dominant in the post at times, there was a game last season (one of the @ Portland games) where he bullied Diaw in the post before hitting that turnaround jumper. He is taller than most people realize and very strong and can shoot over most bigs.

I actually would like to see the Spurs try to post him more against Dray Green. He's strong but he is 4 inches shorter, if LMA can bully Diaw then he should be able to have an similar effect on Green.

Duncan probably shouldn't post up much anymore. It slows down the offense and even though he is still pretty good (at least as of last season, i haven't looked at his numbers this year) come playoff time the Spurs would be better suited having him screen and roll and having LMA space the floor when he stays near the basket.

West is probably the most psychical of the spurs bigs in the post, if he has an SF, that's trying to check him then i'd go for it or another PF with similar size.

bic50
02-19-2016, 01:33 PM
For the record:

Cavs - 15pts 63% Loss
Dubs - 5 pts 22% Loss
Cavs - 6 pts 28% Win

Regular season down to 2 more months and we have yet to see a single impressive game against a contender!

He had a pretty good game earlier in the season against the clippers

T_L_P
02-19-2016, 02:06 PM
It's just Aldridge rounding into his usual Playoff form.

Whats the big deal?

ceperez
02-19-2016, 02:10 PM
He had a pretty good game earlier in the season against the clippers

You are right, he had one good game.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 02:11 PM
It's just Aldridge rounding into his usual Playoff form.

Whats the big deal?

He's 30 years old. He's not like an aging Robert Horry that can time off during the regular season.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:04 PM
For the record:

Cavs - 15pts 63% Loss
Dubs - 5 pts 22% Loss
Cavs - 6 pts 28% Win

Worst part about it is him getting outplayed offensively by cats that aren't known for their offensive prowess::lol

Clippers:
-Cole/DeAndre: 4 FGs each
-LaCarcass: 3 FGs

Cavs:
-Tristan: 7 FGs
-LaCarcass: 2 FGs

Worriers:
-Draymond: 3 FGs

ceperez
02-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Worst part about it is him getting outplayed offensively by cats that aren't known for their offensive prowess::lol

Clippers:

Cavs:

Worriers:

Depressing. :depressed

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Draymond green killed him and I'm starting to think LMA folds when tough gets going. If he starts missing his shot early, if passes up open shots and hides.

Draymond? All-NBA 1st Team Z-Bo exposed him in the postseason!:lol

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:12 PM
Depressing. :depressed

http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nbalive09jeffersonspurs.jpg

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 03:18 PM
We need to see him and our full squad playing together in the playoffs before writing him off. Comparing him to RJ is just plain foolish...

polandprzem
02-19-2016, 03:22 PM
I kinda agree :)

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 03:53 PM
We need to see him and our full squad playing together in the playoffs before writing him off. Comparing him to RJ is just plain foolish...
I agree b/c LaCarcass has never played a playoff game & didn't get his lunch snatched by washed up Z-Bo:wakeup

look_at_g_shred
02-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Sticking by my guy LMA. Thick and thin.

timtonymanu
02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
So he needs Timmy AND Kawhi holding his hand at the same time for him to play like an alpha. smh.

daslicer
02-19-2016, 04:34 PM
We'll see what happens come playoff time and only then will I judge him.

ceperez
02-19-2016, 04:55 PM
We'll see what happens come playoff time and only then will I judge him.

nothing we can do know, trade deadline has passed. Spurs will have to live and die with this diva.

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 04:58 PM
I agree b/c LaCarcass has never played a playoff game & didn't get his lunch snatched by washed up Z-Bo:wakeup
Hmmmmmm, ok bro....

daslicer
02-19-2016, 05:01 PM
nothing we can do know, trade deadline has passed. Spurs will have to live and die with this diva.

You could be right or wrong about LMA but I'm not going to whine about it all day like everybody does after every terrible game he has. I will leave the complaining and venting for when the Spurs are actually eliminated from the playoffs. The odds are against the Spurs to win it all but I'm optimistic they have a chance in hell. Right now they are just playing for that chance in hell and we will see what happens come playoff time.

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 05:02 PM
This place erupted when we signed him. Literally had more visitors and new sign ups (albeit tons of trolls) than when we won in2014. I've got my concerns too but it's way too early to write the guy off. That's Laker style...

daslicer
02-19-2016, 05:10 PM
This place erupted when we signed him. Literally had more visitors and new sign ups (albeit tons of trolls) than when we won in2014. I've got my concerns too but it's way too early to write the guy off. That's Laker style...

LMA hasn't played well against the top teams this year outside of the one win against the Clippers but it works both ways. People who hate him for not playing well in these games also have to realize without LMA the spurs are probably battling for 5-8 in the Western Conference. They would be in world of pain right now had they kept Splitter. For me the regular season is all about the standings and not so much about quote on quote big games because there is zero big games during the regular season.

NameLess Scrub
02-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Not writing him off, but worried.

I'm getting tired of hoping he'll take charge against good teams only to see get punk'd.

It's been nice seeing him dominate lesser teams, but will not be enough.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 05:19 PM

Clippers:

Cavs:

Worriers:
Those guys have legit point guards who are legit stars... nit going to defend this performance by LMA but when your PG is playing like pure trash what do you expect??? Send Tony to play with all those forward s and watch them look like turds particularly last night's Tony. We better hope Tony wakes the heck up.

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 05:23 PM
HERO

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 05:32 PM
LMA hasn't played well against the top teams this year outside of the one win against the Clippers but it works both ways. People who hate him for not playing well in these games also have to realize without LMA the spurs are probably battling for 5-8 in the Western Conference. They would be in world of pain right now had they kept Splitter. For me the regular season is all about the standings and not so much about quote on quote big games because there is zero big games during the regular season.
He defers too much when TD is out there. I also blame Tony and Pop for not getting him the ball in the right spots...it's all a work in progress though.

T_L_P
02-19-2016, 05:35 PM
He's 30 years old. He's not like an aging Robert Horry that can time off during the regular season.

I'm being sarcastic.

Anyone who watched Portland knew LMA was a huge underperformer in the postseason. Why people are surprised that he doesn't raise his game against good teams is surprising to me.

houston spurs fan
02-19-2016, 05:36 PM
I'm being sarcastic.

Anyone who watched Portland knew LMA was a huge underperformer in the postseason. Why people are surprised that he doesn't raise his game against good teams is surprising to me.
Houston fans do not agree...

DeRozan m8
02-19-2016, 06:21 PM
He should be okay today....its just the Lakers.

Unless we get off to a really bad start

dbreiden83080
02-19-2016, 08:09 PM
Tim Duncan as his best obviously he is not..

Another good player commanding max money.. But a true franchise level player... Not really.

All Mighty Janitor
02-19-2016, 08:36 PM
Part of me is curious about what his performance would have been if KL played and Duncan sat while West started. Better spacing and he doesn't seem to defer when its West on the floor instead of Duncan.
Yeah, the spacing could have been part of the problem. It's one of the reasons it's difficult for Kawhi to post up at times.

Russ
02-19-2016, 08:41 PM
Last night, LMA was just missing easy mid-range jump shots (his bread and butter).

He'll either make them when it counts or he won't.

Till then, he gets my benefit of the doubt in this "make-or-miss" league.

dabom
02-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Last night, LMA was just missing easy mid-range jump shots (his bread and butter).

He'll either make them when it counts or he won't.

Till then, he gets my benefit of the doubt in this "make-or-miss" league.

Funny that was the same excuse last year for Tony. LMA will pick it up though. I'm sure of that.