PDA

View Full Version : Lol Warrefs

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 01:02 AM
They played better than Spurs of course but there were lots of calls that refs made to help them along the way so dont be sad if we lose the RS against them, Warrefs looked very OKC-Heatles with UNPARALLELED DEFENSE :lmao
Peace

UNT Eagles 2016
01-26-2016, 01:04 AM
It's not the refs' fault when we punt and lose by 30, IMO

dabom
I know man. EASY calls. Not 50/50s.

TheGreatYacht
Worst refs we've gotten the whole season, and it wasn't a coincidence. Lmao they tried to stay pad our free throws at the end when the game was over

LakerHater
01-26-2016, 01:05 AM
Not completly!

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 01:05 AM
It's not the refs' fault when we punt and lose by 30, IMO
Did you read the OP?

sventhedog
01-26-2016, 01:06 AM
Come on. How about we blame lebron for this while you're at it.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 01:08 AM
Lots of bitter asses here, Spurs were not even trying, 14-3 during the last 4 seasons we are going to lose sometime and THATS NOW and BETTER than during the Playoffs.
Only a complete retard would expect to beat them now and in the playoffs
They are good but the point of the thread is to remark they are ¨call whores¨

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 01:08 AM
Excuses

ElNono
01-26-2016, 01:09 AM
I miss being the defending champs, tbh (:cry still hurts, etc)

spurraider21
01-26-2016, 01:09 AM
lol blaming refs

we got thoroughly outplayed

TrainOfThought5
01-26-2016, 01:11 AM
LOL this is the weakest thread ive ever seen on here. We were outplayed and the refs had NOTHING to do with it.

dabom
01-26-2016, 01:12 AM
People didn't actually see all those bad calls? Low IQ posters again. :lmao

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 01:12 AM
lol blaming refs

we got thoroughly outplayed
Yeah, thats what some smartasses like you were saying about OKC and the Heatles and its totally ok.
Did you even read the OP? is your nose bleeding?

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 01:15 AM
I miss being the defending champs, tbh (:cry still hurts, etc)
Lol the happy days drinking wine and singing with the little birds at the park, now evil is back Heatles 2.0

PublicOption
01-26-2016, 01:19 AM
They were getting away with a lot of hacking. Pop didn't even complain. So pop didn't really want this one and the players played like it.

james evans
01-26-2016, 01:19 AM
Boban should live at the freethrow line. Every time he gets the ball, guys are hanging over his back. It's not his fault he's the biggest player in the league, but the refs allow guys to beat on him and call touch fouls for everything else

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 01:23 AM
Pretty sure that first spot is secured thats why its this game is no biggie to Pop, all the complaining when this will be decided in the playoffs, and like OCK and Heatles there will be lots of bad calls and swallowed whistles.

Horse
01-26-2016, 06:56 AM
We played like scared pussies but the refs were absolute a factor. I'm not saying we deserved to win, we got what we deserved with that effort but the refs were awful.

Benoit
01-26-2016, 07:48 AM
lmao lose by 30 and making excuses

Stay classy Spurs fans

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 08:27 AM

Dude, GS got away with murder that game, HB, Bogut and Green should have fouled out by the 3rd quarter. They finally called Green on his hand checking in the 3rd, which he had been doing ALL GAME and he had the audacity to argue it.

Curry should have fouled out as well with all those push off. Simmons did an excellent job blanketing him. On that one drive where Simmons fouled him, Curry pushed off on him before half court, pushed off on him at the 3 point line.

The great thing about a game like this Pop has film to send to league on all the fouls that GS is doing because they did A LOT last night that weren't called. Even Speights pushed Boban like 3 times and I mean PUSHED while the ball was being brought up the floor to get him off the block.

It was a horribly called game. Those refs were horrible. You can't wrap someone up from behind, ref 101. If a guy throws the ball at the ref and HE stops it from going out of bounds, guess what, its out of bounds. I can't believe that ref actually put the the ball back in play for a few seconds.

lefty
01-26-2016, 08:43 AM
Blowout and blaming the refs

:lol SPurms fans

cjw
01-26-2016, 09:02 AM
Did you read the OP?

He didn't watch the game. He was on a date

And yes, it's possible to lose regardless of the refs but still have poor officiating

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Dude, GS got away with murder that game, HB, Bogut and Green should have fouled out by the 3rd quarter. They finally called Green on his hand checking in the 3rd, which he had been doing ALL GAME and he had the audacity to argue it.

Curry should have fouled out as well with all those push off. Simmons did an excellent job blanketing him. On that one drive where Simmons fouled him, Curry pushed off on him before half court, pushed off on him at the 3 point line.

The great thing about a game like this Pop has film to send to league on all the fouls that GS is doing because they did A LOT last night that weren't called. Even Speights pushed Boban like 3 times and I mean PUSHED while the ball was being brought up the floor to get him off the block.

It was a horribly called game. Those refs were horrible. You can't wrap someone up from behind, ref 101. If a guy throws the ball at the ref and HE stops it from going out of bounds, guess what, its out of bounds. I can't believe that ref actually put the the ball back in play for a few seconds.

Do you think that's going to change?

Warriors with HCA will probably get these calls.
It's one of the reasons it would be best if the Spurs have HCA, to mitigate that effect.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 09:18 AM
He didn't watch the game. He was on a date

And yes, it's possible to lose regardless of the refs but still have poor officiating

This. It's just common sense.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Do you think that's going to change?

Warriors with HCA will probably get these calls.
It's one of the reasons it would be best if the Spurs have HCA, to mitigate that effect.

Yes, it will. Refs are evaluated. Upon those evaluation determine if they get to ref the playoffs. OKC gets all the 50/50 calls but they don't push off hardly ever, not like last night. Thing OKC does get away with is mostly moving screens. Last night was inexcusable. Do you really think you are going to see ref in the playoffs put the ball back in play after a player throws it to him on the sideline. Say what you want about Crawford, but he would have blew his whistle like a coach at football practice last night against GS.

theman21
01-26-2016, 09:47 AM
The outcome was not predicated solely by the refs, but the refs surely helped GSW in ways that were beyond laughable. Let's just say that the refs role in last nights blowout was 20% of the outcome, the other 80% was the Spurs playing weak, Warriors playing hyped and performing, and home crowd energy.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2016, 10:08 AM
The Spurs also got cheap calls, don't act like the officiating was one-way traffic

r0drig0lac
01-26-2016, 10:27 AM
arrogance in spurstalk is unbelievable (even after a beating, people can not accept the reality), a lot of excuses, but the only real certainty is that GSW is much better SAS staff (and everyone else, they have perfected heat styling / spurs before all other teams, of course, the other teams will close the gap at some point, but until that day comes, GSW will continue to destroy any team in 30 minutes), I just want to see them fall, will be glorious.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
The Spurs also got cheap calls, don't act like the officiating was one-way traffic

I think in every given game both teams get cheap calls Liv..
People will complain when they think it's obvious the calls favor one team and play into their strengths.

I understand how we are not very impartial though, as we're fans..

But overall I think it's a pattern for teams like GSW and OKC..

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Yes, it will. Refs are evaluated. Upon those evaluation determine if they get to ref the playoffs. OKC gets all the 50/50 calls but they don't push off hardly ever, not like last night. Thing OKC does get away with is mostly moving screens. Last night was inexcusable. Do you really think you are going to see ref in the playoffs put the ball back in play after a player throws it to him on the sideline. Say what you want about Crawford, but he would have blew his whistle like a coach at football practice last night against GS.

You trust them more than I do :lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 11:37 AM
You trust them more than I do :lol

My coworker refs for the SEC Football. Refs get evaluated after every game. Based off those evaluations, you get selected for bowl games or not. Bigger games equal bigger pay. Same with NBA refs as he has a couple of friends who are. Its not as stringent as the NFL/NCAA football on a game to game basis as there are obvious more games played, but the evaluation process at season end is.

Silver and the NBA committee has done a great job imo of picking refs for the playoffs over the past. I hardly complained about the refs in the Spurs lost to the Clips last year. That loss was entirely on Parker.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 02:56 PM

He did it, it was a total retard situation staring there like saying GO ON, nonsense.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 02:58 PM
the more aggressive better team tends to get the calls
Like those first 2 games during the finals vs Miami were Kiwi got fouled out (game 2) because Spurs were more aggressive?

testies
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
My coworker refs for the SEC Football. Refs get evaluated after every game. Based off those evaluations, you get selected for bowl games or not. Bigger games equal bigger pay. Same with NBA refs as he has a couple of friends who are. Its not as stringent as the NFL/NCAA football on a game to game basis as there are obvious more games played, but the evaluation process at season end is.

Silver and the NBA committee has done a great job imo of picking refs for the playoffs over the past. I hardly complained about the refs in the Spurs lost to the Clips last year. That loss was entirely on Parker.

Thanks for the info.

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 04:40 PM
lmao lose by 30 and making excuses

Stay classy Spurs fansYour username and icon are dedicated to a murderer :lol

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 02:47 AM

On the other end, they called very tick tack fouls. I remember 2 sequences Anderson pressed teh issue, he fell down, but a guy was backtracking on him tripping him in the restricted area and wasnt called. Another time, he got an offensive board boxing out Livingston, and two guys (D.Green among them) came over and jumped on him. Kyle is incredibly long although he's not a jumper, they jumped on him inside the restricted area to block that shot (3 guys), nothing called. Then on the other end, Danny blocked a weak Draymond Green layup that was a weird lob to begin with and they called a bogus foul on Danny. They called a foul for Kyle having been properly boxing out D.Green and grabbing a defensive board. Yes I am an Anderson fan, and I rewatched these sequences. But this was going on all game.
The fouls on Boban were the most astonishing. Guys were literally jumping on his back to try to block his shots, and nothing was called.

Pop wasn't even arguing anything or wasn't going to get thrown out. Maybe CIA Pop also getting tape on all this to send to the league. For sure if they play us like this, on top of all our other issues we are in trouble. No wonder we could not get much going offensively. By the way, there were all sorts of reaching in fouls by D.Green and they didn't call any of it like you said until very late in the game.

It was terribly called game. Not saying all our defensive concerns (the backcuts for example) were terrible defense. But the blowout was bc of all the bullshit they let them get away with.

I suppose Pop schooling young bucks and a new team through this (we do have a lot of veterans, but too many new guys who have not been through adversity together). Too many cupcakes.

dabom
01-27-2016, 02:49 AM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 02:50 AM
I think in every given game both teams get cheap calls Liv..
People will complain when they think it's obvious the calls favor one team and play into their strengths.

I understand how we are not very impartial though, as we're fans..

But overall I think it's a pattern for teams like GSW and OKC..
Well I suppose the issue for Pop is that if they are letting them get away with murder and physicality, we had to bring that and we didn't match it. Except Simmons, heck yea he picked up 4 fouls, but they counted for something. He was literally breathing on guys necks.

HI-FI
01-27-2016, 02:55 AM

good info. and agree about last year's loss, that was classic Parker.

also good to see others bring up the officiating, GS was allowed to do whatever it wanted. We'll see how the next game goes.

AFMadison
01-27-2016, 03:10 AM
They played better than Spurs of course but there were lots of calls that refs made to help them along the way so dont be sad if we lose the RS against them, Warrefs looked very OKC-Heatles with UNPARALLELED DEFENSE :lmao
Peace
I think the refs were letting both teams play physical, but San Antonio opted out in matching the intensity. Only no calls I noticed were the push offs they kept using to get to the basket. Good thing this was a wake up call in the regular season and not in the playoffs.

Mikeanaro
01-27-2016, 03:20 AM
I think the refs were letting both teams play physical, but San Antonio opted out in matching the intensity. Only no calls I noticed were the push offs they kept using to get to the basket. Good thing this was a wake up call in the regular season and not in the playoffs.
Yeah but I think it will be real hard for Spurs if refs shallow whistles to let Raymond Green and Bogut look like hyper/ultr/advanced defensive monsters.

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2016, 09:01 AM
Well I suppose the issue for Pop is that if they are letting them get away with murder and physicality, we had to bring that and we didn't match it. Except Simmons, heck yea he picked up 4 fouls, but they counted for something. He was literally breathing on guys necks.

I guess the question is, would the Spurs actually be allowed to play the same way?
And if they are allowed to play out of the normal parameters of a foul, can they benefit from it?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Yeah but I think it will be real hard for Spurs if refs shallow whistles to let Raymond Green and Bogut look like hyper/ultr/advanced defensive monsters.

I don't expect them to get away with it in the future. I seriously don't. Silver won't allow it. Games like Monday night actually can cost some of these refs their jobs at season end.

And Pop would have gotten tossed if he cared about winning Monday night. Remember the Minny game which was very much like last night, where the Wolves were getting away with murder and the refs were calling ticky tack shit on the Spurs, Pop went off on that female ref.

And now this shit. You know Pop is just playing mind games right now. Now the Spurs have a fire lit under them and that is what Pop wanted, especially under LMA.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/popovich-no-idea-how-spurs-can-counter-warriors-speed?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 09:40 AM
I don't expect them to get away with it in the future. I seriously don't. Silver won't allow it. Games like Monday night actually can cost some of these refs their jobs at season end.

And Pop would have gotten tossed if he cared about winning Monday night. Remember the Minny game which was very much like last night, where the Wolves were getting away with murder and the refs were calling ticky tack shit on the Spurs, Pop went off on that female ref.

And now this shit. You know Pop is just playing mind games right now. Now the Spurs have a fire lit under them and that is what Pop wanted, especially under LMA.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/popovich-no-idea-how-spurs-can-counter-warriors-speed?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo
T is why I bumped your thread. The sections I referenced were very fresh in my mind bc I researched them since I wanted to see Anderson again. There were blocking fouls on him. Unfortunately he's unathletic and these calls go against him but he fell in the paint bc Livingston tripped him while backtracking his feet not set. Bad day for Slomo, but it was going on for several other guys. I think Tony and Patty are a defensive liability but even with all that, if we don't allow as many backcuts, and don't turn the ball over as we did we are in better position. We didn't get the benefit of any calls. They e were all in GSW favor. So that compounded the situation.

We didn't play well obviously. Specially LMA and Tony. That was inexcusable, but the game was within 10 at different times and then they would gain further momentum when they were getting the benefit of all 50/50. Quite simply we will have to match their effort and some guys didn't. Tony and LMA were lackadaisical and didn't show up. I think that is why Pop praised Simmons. At least he played with the required effort, even if he made a ton of mistakes.

Mikeanaro
01-27-2016, 02:22 PM

Exactly, took LMA out of his new comfort zone and tested him without Duncan in a hostile enviroment, regarding refs I hope this show comes to an end when playoffs come, but things like that dilute that stupid record of them I mean is not big deal when there are only 2 great teams in the whole league and yet refs gives extra seconds to them to help them winning.

TampaDude
01-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Your username and icon are dedicated to a murderer :lol

Not just any murderer, either. That scumbag brutally murdered his wife and child, then took the pussy way out and hanged himself. Burn in fucking hell, Chris.

tonight...you
01-27-2016, 05:13 PM
I watched LP of the game for the third time (glutton for punishment, right?) and there were some ugly, ugly non-calls and wrongly called fouls that helped contribute to what ended up becoming THE AVALANCHE.

It was as ugly as the Thunder/Spurs 2012 series. I mean- players get called for a foul for being elbowed in the face whilst being completely stationary? More than once?
Ugly stuff was happening that game.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2016, 05:14 PM
The only egregiously bad calls were the 2 clean blocks by Green that were called fouls, IIRC..the rest was pretty standard with home-court/reputation..

Getting away with illegal screens is pretty common for great teams that frequently utilize them, tbh(Garnett's Celtics, recently)..