PDA

View Full Version : Trade LMA for Brook Lopez (throw in Kyle as a bait)

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:15 AM
Can post-up, rebound just as well & protects the rim better. Slow-footed like Tim but better than being pussy footed like LMA.:rolleyes

ceperez
01-26-2016, 01:18 AM
Can post-up, rebound just as well & protects the rim better. Slow-footed like Tim but better than being pussy footed like LMA.:rolleyes

Sigh... another Albatross of a contract. But at least it is one year shorter!

Yeah... I'll go for this deal. Will make defense better.

ceperez

Sigh... another Albatross of a contract. But at least it is one year shorter!

Yeah... I'll go for this deal. (No KA though) Will make defense better.

Spurs9
Nah lets trade him for Lavine.

TheMulletMan3000
01-26-2016, 01:19 AM
Let's trade him for Tiago!

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 01:22 AM
I'd do this trade. Lopez can't play with Duncan though. We'd have 48minutes of great center play though and a better future.

sventhedog
01-26-2016, 01:22 AM
Seriously? Brook lopez? Id trade LMA if it was for jennifer lopez not brook.

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 01:30 AM
Won't make enough of a difference to cover the talent gap that exists between the Warriors backcourt and the Spurs

daslicer
01-26-2016, 01:32 AM
People get overly emotional about this loss. The spurs have 3 more games with the warriors. If the Warriors blow out the spurs by 30 in the next 3 games then panic but for now STFU.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:38 AM
People get overly emotional about this loss. The spurs have 3 more games with the warriors. If the Warriors blow out the spurs by 30 in the next 3 games then panic but for now STFU.

This isn't about tonight, LMA is just a mediocre postup player & plays outside-in thus needs his jumper to get in rhythm.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:39 AM
I'd do this trade. Lopez can't play with Duncan though. We'd have 48minutes of great center play though and a better future.

Basically rotate, West/Lopez & Diaw/Tim for 48 minutes.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 01:41 AM
I'd rather have Thad Young if they're dealing with Brooklyn, tbh..

G-Dawgg
01-26-2016, 01:44 AM
Aldridge is a good player. He just needs his teamates to relax and throw him a decent entry pass into the post and not run around all frantic throwing every pass into the stands or coughing it up every other possession...

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:46 AM
I'd rather have Thad Young if they're dealing with Brooklyn, tbh..

Wouldn't mind shipping Diaw's fat ass for Thad (Diaw's contract is only partially guaranteed).

daslicer
01-26-2016, 01:46 AM
This isn't about tonight, LMA is just a mediocre postup player & plays outside-in thus needs his jumper to get in rhythm.:wakeup

It is pretty much about him since that was the title of the thread. Anyways Aldridge is a black Dirk without a 3 point shot. Anybody who expected him to be a great post up player like Duncan was going to be disappointed.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:47 AM
Aldridge is a good player. He just needs his teamates to relax and throw him a decent entry pass into the post and not run around all frantic throwing every pass into the stands or coughing it up every other possession...

Bruh, he has been a mediocre postup player his entire career unless his jumper is falling & he's in rhythm. Brook Lopez on the other hand is an inside-out player.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 01:48 AM
It is pretty much about him since that was the title of the thread. Anyways Aldridge is a black Dirk without a 3 point shot. Anybody who expected him to be a great post up player like Duncan was going to be disappointed.

Don't you ever compare him to dirk again :lol

One is a alpha male nba champion future 1st ballot hof'er
The other had 2 good games shooting over Terrence jones

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 01:49 AM

:lol comparing Aldridge to Dirk is disrespectful, bro..

Kawhitstorm

Dirk was unstoppable on post-ups in 1-on-1 coverage, we all know what happened to LMA when Tiago was all up in his mug.:lol

apalisoc_9
Bruh, he has been a mediocre postup player his entire career unless his jumper is falling & he's in rhythm. Brook Lopez on the other hand is an inside-out player.

Man, Lamarcus is such a shitty passer in the Post too...SMDH.

Kawhi and Fat ass diaw are basically the only legit playmakers in the post now.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 01:50 AM

wow, that's disrespectful to the second best PF ever.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:50 AM

That's why he should just strictly be a PnP player or just crash the boards.:lol

West is a much better postup player/passer.

spursistan
01-26-2016, 01:51 AM
It is still early but these two CLE/GSW games confirmed the early red flags about the guy capacity to shrivel in under pressure..He literally becomes impactless..

Spurtacular
01-26-2016, 01:54 AM

:lmao

Trading for Tiago 0.85

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:54 AM

Trading for Tiago 0.85

EKCCaTlVYug

sasaint
01-26-2016, 01:55 AM
Won't make enough of a difference to cover the talent gap that exists between the Warriors backcourt and the Spurs

Talent gap compounded by size gap, tbh.

Spurtacular
01-26-2016, 01:55 AM

Kawhi and Fat ass diaw are basically the only legit playmakers in the post now.

Yea, cos mother fucking Duncan stopped existing.

FUCKING MORON.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 01:56 AM
If you watch his body language out there after a fumbled pass, missed chip shot, turnover, etc. It's usually the same emotionless face. He doesn't play with any fire or heart.

G-Dawgg

I don't think you give Aldridge enough credit for what he can do. He is averaging 15+points a game this year in his FIRST year as a spur. Kawhi averaged 12 last year in his 3rd year and the Spurs offered him a max contract... Give him some time, he's already shown that he's getting better in the system. Out of the last 10 games, how many did he lead the Spurs in scoring? People need to chill out a bit on Aldridge he's signed for 5 years and he's a proven scorer. He'll come around. This loss to Golden State is definately NOT his fault. Everybody played the shits from turning the ball over to missing simple shots and layups to getting completely undressed on defense.. The whole team was piss poor in this game. Lamarcus is a Spur and he's going to stay a Spur

Pauleta14
Pop and RC would never do it, it would be like quitting instead of working to make it work...

Kawhitstorm
It is still early but these two CLE/GSW games confirmed the early red flags about the guy capacity to shrivel in under pressure..He literally becomes impactless..

http://www.playmakeronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/983746675712343.jpg

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:57 AM
Pop and RC would never do it, it would be like quitting instead of working to make it work...

We all know how that worked out w/ Dick Jefferson.

HarlemHeat37
If you watch his body language out there after a fumbled pass, missed chip shot, turnover, etc. It's usually the same emotionless face. He doesn't play with any fire or heart.

:( but Lillard has the billboards, bro:(

Spurtacular
EKCCaTlVYug

I'm plenty familiar with the player.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 01:58 AM
I don't think you give Aldridge enough credit for what he can do. He is averaging 15+points a game this year in his FIRST year as a spur. Kawhi averaged 12 last year in his 3rd year and the Spurs offered him a max contract... Give him some time, he-s already shown that he's getting better in the system. Out of the last 10 games, how many did he lead the Spurs in scoring? People need to chill out a bit on Aldridge he's signed for 5 years and he's a proven scorer. He'll come around..

Again, he is a mediocre postup player & has always been......:wakeup

daslicer
Don't you ever compare him to dirk again :lol

One is a alpha male nba champion future 1st ballot hof'er
The other had 2 good games shooting over Terrence jones

Dirk got punked a bunch of times prior to 2011. I didn't see Dirk being an alpha when Haslem roughed him up in '06 or when Jax intimidated him in '07 or how about '08 David West tapped Dirk on the face. Before Dirk won that title '11 he was labeled a very soft player.

Kawhitstorm
I'm plenty familiar with the player.

Jimmer better

daslicer
01-26-2016, 01:59 AM
:lol comparing Aldridge to Dirk is disrespectful, bro..

Right since they are both 7fters that score a lot of their points off of jump shots.

Pauleta14
We all know how that worked out w/ Dick Jefferson.

yep, that's the scary thing tbh. Pop is so stubborn...

If he sucks during the PO, they might try something next summer tho

Kawhitstorm
Dirk got punked a bunch of times prior to 2011. I didn't see Dirk being an alpha when Haslem roughed him up in '06 or when Jax intimidated him in '07 or how about '08 David West tapped Dirk on the face. Before Dirk won that title '11 he was labeled a very soft player.

Dirk wasn't being guarded 1-on-1 bruh. He lit up prime Bowen in 2006 when Pop tried to guard him 1-on-1.:lol

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 02:00 AM
:( but Lillard has the billboards, bro:(

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM

Dirk led that team to the nba finals. Aldridge led his teams to the lottery when alpha males like roy and lillard and soon to be kawhi weren't present

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM
yep, that's the scary thing tbh. Pop is so stubborn...

If he sucks during the PO, they might try something next summer tho

The best thing to hope for is that Aldridge starts rocking the boat & wants out when he realizes he won't make the all-star team nor win a chip.

daslicer
01-26-2016, 02:05 AM
Dirk led that team to the nba finals. Aldridge led his teams to the lottery when alpha males like roy and lillard and soon to be kawhi weren't present

Right so was he an alpha male when he got bullied by Jax,West,Haslem prior to 2011? So was he Beta from '99-'11 and suddenly became Alpha :lol. I'm laughing at your retarded logic.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 02:10 AM
The best thing to hope for is that Aldridge starts rocking the boat & wants out when he realizes he won't make the all-star team nor win a chip.

The spurs are better off finding Kawhi an SG as a 2nd option, tbh.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 02:11 AM
Right so was he an alpha male when he got bullied by Jax,West,Haslem prior to 2011? So was he Beta from '99-'11 and suddenly became Alpha :lol. I'm laughing at your retarded logic.

Keep waiting for aldridge to put a team on his back for a deep playoff run. We will see who the retard is

Pauleta14
01-26-2016, 02:15 AM

Yep, it might have to come from him, because if Timmy retireS this summer Pop and RC might wanna keep him even if he sucks (a la RJ).

I prefer staying optimistic, the guy isn't stupid, got great skills for the spurs system and has shown in the past (against Houston in the PO for ex) that he can come up big.

So let's not bury him yet...

daslicer
01-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Keep waiting for aldridge to put a team on his back for a deep playoff run. We will see who the retard is

I'm still waiting on you answer about how Dirk became an alpha after being bullied by Haslem,Jax, and West. If you give me a good answer then I might be convinced that your are not retarded.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 02:21 AM
I'm still waiting on you answer about how Dirk became an alpha after being bullied by Haslem,Jax, and West. If you give me a good answer then I might be convinced that your are not retarded.

Well he did lead his team back to a finals and won himself a championship but I guess that's not all that much of a accomplishment to a mouth breather like you

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 02:22 AM
Yep, it might have to come from him, because if Timmy retireS this summer Pop and RC might wanna keep him even if he sucks (a la RJ).

I prefer staying optimistic, the guy isn't stupid, got great skills for the spurs system and has shown in the past (against Houston in the PO for ex) that he can come up big.

That was 2 games that he pretty much shot over a chair by the name of Terrence jones. Don't get your hopes up

ceperez
01-26-2016, 07:34 AM

I don't RJ was stupid either. RJ had a big leap in his 3 point percentages in his second season.

What you want to see is a will to win, just look at West. That guy is definitely exceeding expectations.

You don't want to see a guy who is coasting most of the time and doesn't have a lot of flexibility in his offensive game.

Right now, Spurs are beggars and don't really have a lot of good options in trades. Nets probably are fed up with Lopez and maybe will take a chance on LMA. Sure there are better players elsewhere, but I doubt teams will trade.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4177407/5_tiago_moves.gif

BTW, what is Tiago doing here that LMA isn't doing?

Venti Quattro
01-26-2016, 10:11 AM
This is a trade that will significantly weaken the Spurs and hand the West to the Warriors on a silver platter. Think before you draw up trades

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 10:14 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4177407/5_tiago_moves.gif

BTW, what is Tiago doing here that LMA isn't doing?

Head faking and LMA did it only once last night and drew a foul on Green. Like I said, A lot of game film was given to the Spurs last night, not too much for the Warriors.

Chillen
01-26-2016, 10:18 AM
It's just one ugly game people, Spurs have lost badly before to teams like OKC and still beat them in the playoffs. You can't play that shitty against the Warriors and expect to win. They have 3 more meetings, if all of them are blowouts in favor of Golden State, than worry. For now move on and recover, Aldridge is still learning as a Spur. Don't hand the 2016 NBA title to the Warriors because they beat the Spurs in one regular season game. Spurs played terrible.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 10:36 AM
It's just one ugly game people, Spurs have lost badly before to teams like OKC and still beat them in the playoffs. You can't play that shitty against the Warriors and expect to win. They have 3 more meetings, if all of them are blowouts in favor of Golden State, than worry. For now move on and recover, Aldridge is still learning as a Spur. Don't hand the 2016 NBA title to the Warriors because they beat the Spurs in one regular season game. Spurs played terrible.

LMA has been terrible against the top 4 teams in the league:

-OKC
-Raptors
-Cavs
-GSW

Dude has a shrinkage problem in big games most likely b/c the "nerves" get to him so he needs to relax but Tim should come in handy as far as calming him down. (Curry himself was shook against the Grizz/Cavs in the playoffs)

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 10:38 AM

Right now, Spurs are beggars and don't really have a lot of good options in trades. Nets probably are fed up with Lopez and maybe will take a chance on LMA. Sure there are better players elsewhere, but I doubt teams will trade.

That's why you throw in Kyle as a bait, they aren't going anywhere w/ Lopez & need young players since they don't have any draft picks until 2019.:lol

r0drig0lac
01-26-2016, 10:40 AM
talking business impossible, Spurs should try to negotiate Giannis, Middleton and MCW, puts them together with Kawhi is no team can beat us

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 10:40 AM
:rolleyes

K...
01-26-2016, 10:47 AM
What about trading rc Buford for robin? That's value for value. We can get ferry back.

sasaint
01-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Trade LMA and Kyle (or Ray or Rasual) to Atlanta for Horford (expiring contract) and Teague (2 years on contract). Add draft picks to taste and stir well.

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 10:53 AM
It's been half the season. I have seen very little from LMA that is encouraging. He has an old man's, flat footed shot from 18-20' that is his bread and butter. He has to be open to hit it. It's almost like Danny Green waiting in the corner for a 3. People say his D has been good. I haven't been impressed with that either.

What I see in Aldridge is a guy who can make an open 18' shot...mostly. What I don't see in Aldridge is a fierce competitor who wants to win and will do whatever is necessary to do that.

If you could transfer Manu's competiveness...hell, even Patty's competiveness, into LMA, he could be something. He has the body and skills to be a champion, but not the heart. Can we change that? Can he?

ceperez
01-26-2016, 10:56 AM
It's been half the season. I have seen very little from LMA that is encouraging. He has an old man's, flat footed shot from 18-20' that is his bread and butter. He has to be open to hit it. It's almost like Danny Green waiting in the corner for a 3. People say his D has been good. I haven't been impressed with that either.

What I see in Aldridge is a guy who can make an open 18' shot...mostly. What I don't see in Aldridge is a fierce competitor who wants to win and will do whatever is necessary to do that.

If you could transfer Manu's competiveness...hell, even Patty's competiveness, into LMA, he could be something. He has the body and skills to be a champion, but not the heart. Can we change that? Can he?

Not happening with half a regular season left.

Spurs tried for 3 years with Richard Jefferson.

It is one of these things that you can't teach.

Just ask David West.

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 11:06 AM
Well, maybe LMA isn't taking over...because we haven't demanded that from him? Too many weapons maybe a 2 edged sword? Not allowing our biggest and most important weapons to hone themselves?

I wish LMA would have come in with the mindset of not fitting in, but aggressively taking away Duncan's spot from him. I would have liked him to not come in passively...but, with a chip on his shoulder.

And maybe I'm just rambling...lol

sasaint
01-26-2016, 11:41 AM
Not happening with half a regular season left.

Spurs tried for 3 years with Richard Jefferson.

It is one of these things that you can't teach.

Just ask David West.

I said several weeks ago that he had yet to make a play that inspired either his teammates or the fans. He still hasn't. He is no Batman - only an unreliable Robin, at best. If he hasn't really put his heart into it now, my guess is that isn't gonna happen. It will be fascinating, in a dispassionate kind of way, to watch him the next few games.

james evans
01-26-2016, 12:34 PM
we gotta work aldridge out of a 4-1 offense. If players are too close to him, it allows for a double team to be sent or too far from the basket. He's always killed Green when he was in portland. Floor spacing is important. and that's just not for him, it's for leonard, parker, duncan, and ginobli as well because the warriors want to sit in the paint. They didn't even defend the 3 on us last night that well because we hardly shot it. Space the floor, 4-1 offense and we'll kill 'em.

Baseline21
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
As a Diehard Spurs fan I hated the loss but maybe we needed this type of a loss to light a fire under their ass when we meet them up down the road. This is the type of game pop will keep showing them footage all season long. Remember game 6 and that heart wrenching loss 3years ago. Yeah it wasn't a blow out but it's the crushing losses that pop shows them all the time to make sure they all are on the same page and not to high and don't get to low. Even keel!!! This will be brought up every time we face them and that's a good thing because they got embarrassed. No one wants to get embarrassed and also since when did teams win chips in January. Their have been a lot of teams who started off hot and failed or tailed off in the end. I'm not saying GS will but who knows what happens later on. I just know being a Spurs fan since 1989. The Spurs will be ok because they usually have bad starts anyways and by the looks of things, they above my aspectations to start this season. Also another reminder remember back in 2005 vs Pistons in the finals. Spurs lead 2-0 in series and then Spurs got blown out in games 3&4 by 20 and people wanted to crown them after those 2 blowouts and then horry saved are ass in game 5 and then we won in game 7 from Manu. Everyone just needs to RELAX as a Spurs fan. GS is hot headed and on a high right now but just wait until they get a key injury or burned out. GoSpursGo

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 02:56 PM
Trade LMA and Kyle (or Ray or Rasual) to Atlanta for Horford (expiring contract) and Teague (2 years on contract). Add draft picks to taste and stir well.

-Horford is just a shorter version of LMA & doesn't even feast on mediocre opponents.:lmao
-Teague often gets benched for Schroder so he isn't going to move the needle but would be a better option than Porker/Patty

testies
01-26-2016, 03:15 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

sasaint
01-26-2016, 04:23 PM
-Horford is just a shorter version of LMA & doesn't even feast on mediocre opponents.:lmao
-Teague often gets benched for Schroder so he isn't going to move the needle but would be a better option than Porker/Patty

I think LMA has proven himself to be much softer than Horford. Tbh, I'd take Teague or Schroeder, whichever I could get.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 04:39 PM
I think LMA has proven himself to be much softer than Horford. Tbh, I'd take Teague or Schroeder, whichever I could get.

Millsap (the Draymond of the Eastern conference) was there for the taking this off-season & Softridge would have been a good fit w/ the Hawks since Millsap/Horford are an undersized frontline. Pop should holla at Bud & make the offer along w/ exchanging Kyle for Schroder. Salary works out perfect: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zf2n6g5

sasaint
01-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Millsap (the Draymond of the Eastern conference) was there for the taking this off-season & Softridge would have been a good fit w/ the Hawks since Millsap/Horford are an undersized frontline. Pop should holla at Bud & make the offer along w/ exchanging Kyle for Schroder. Salary works out perfect: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zf2n6g5

I like Millsap plenty, but that makes us more undersized AND especially vulnerable if Tim is seriously impaired.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 04:55 PM
I like Millsap plenty, but that makes us more undersized AND especially vulnerable if Tim is seriously impaired.

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/bI3SRC8c5e7Hql4KmIqttQBD7Lo=/0x88:2142x1293/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/47292438/usa-today-8831117.0.jpg

ceperez
01-26-2016, 05:23 PM

I'll take Milsap despite being undersized. I doubt Hawks though will trade for Schroder.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 05:23 PM

Maybe you forgot... LMA scored 5 points on 22% shooting against the Dubs. Any serviceable center is worth trading for him.

sasaint
01-26-2016, 05:28 PM
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/bI3SRC8c5e7Hql4KmIqttQBD7Lo=/0x88:2142x1293/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/47292438/usa-today-8831117.0.jpg

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 05:44 PM

^^^ What Kawhitstorm said. Atlanta has serious, serious problems rebounding and Al Horford + Paul Millsap are the culprit. Teague is getting a ton of flame, a ton from Atlanta fans, lately Schroder is closing out games for ATL because Teague is coasting? not competing? not bringing it? I read an article on SBNation the Atlanta blog, about it, and Teague is really under fire as he's playing as scared as LMA looked against GSW, and a third year young player in Schroder is showing more balls to close out games.

Not a good trade for us.

sasaint
01-26-2016, 06:05 PM
^^^ What Kawhitstorm said. Atlanta has serious, serious problems rebounding and Al Horford + Paul Millsap are the culprit. Teague is getting a ton of flame, a ton from Atlanta fans, lately Schroder is closing out games for ATL because Teague is coasting? not competing? not bringing it? I read an article on SBNation the Atlanta blog, about it, and Teague is really under fire as he's playing as scared as LMA looked against GSW, and a third year young player in Schroder is showing more balls to close out games.

Not a good trade for us.

I still like Teague pretty well for his size, plus a change of scenery might revive him. If we could get Schroder instead + another contract for balance, then great. As for Horford/Aldridge - if the that were close to a push then I like it because Horford is on an expiring contract. I do not believe Horford is as soft and lacking in fire as LMA. Our game against Houston will be extremely telling.

BillMc
01-26-2016, 06:16 PM
Trade him for Blake Griffin straight up. Right now the Clips might do that deal.

Then start giving all members of the equipment staff Valium to make them more chill.

spursistan
02-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Sean Marks is Nets GM :stirpot:..

need to fleece those broke ass niggas in the summer..Thad Young would be my choice..

BillMc
02-19-2016, 04:09 PM

need to fleece those broke ass niggas in the summer..Thad Young would be my choice..

Agent Sean, initially reluctant to take the job, changed his mind after getting the "plan" from Pop and RC. Best sleeper agent since McHale in Minnesota.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 04:14 PM

Bud paid his dues & PATFO have all the pieces to acquire Thad/Brook: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jmc6sxu

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 04:17 PM
This is too late. Trade season is over.

BillMc
02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
If Sean trades us Lopez in the off season, it kills two birds with one stone. 1) It replaces a retiring TD, 2) We get someone to replace Manu with the Hispanic community.

But, no, I wouldn't trade LMA for Lopez. After bad games like the Clippers, the LMA haters come out but really he has exceeded expectations in the transition. At least, he's definitely better than Lopez.

But, if we could get him somehow, a frontcourt next year of Kawhi, LMA and Lopez would be pretty nice. That said, I'd still rather have Holford as the TD replacement.

Spurs have good connections to Atlanta, 76ers, and now Nets, all of whom have a big worth getting.

spursistan
02-19-2016, 04:29 PM
Bud paid his dues & PATFO have all the pieces to acquire Thad/Brook: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jmc6sxu

In a heartbeat, bro :lol ..

Kawhi is going to need a star-caliber sidekick from his age group 1991-1995 in order for us to make the most of his peak time in couple of years....Otherwise, he is Dwayne Wade 2.0 (2007-2010)= won early but wasted his best years for lack of help..

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 04:38 PM
In a heartbeat, bro :lol ..

Kawhi is going to need a star-caliber sidekick from his age group 1991-1995 in order for us to make the most of his peak time in couple of years....Otherwise, he is Dwayne Wade 2.0 (2007-2010)= won early but wasted his best years for lack of help..

More like Tim b/w '99-'02 b/c the Heat were absolutely trash b/w 2007-10:lol

Sean Marks also recruited LaCarcass along w/ Udoka b/c they played with him in Portland & the Nytes need a young prospect like Kyle who's from nearby Jersey. They can dump Diaw contract b/c it partially guaranteed & take a chance on someone like Whiteside b/c they have nothing to lose.

sasaint
02-19-2016, 07:52 PM
More like Tim b/w '99-'02 b/c the Heat were absolutely trash b/w 2007-10:lol

Sean Marks also recruited LaCarcass along w/ Udoka b/c they played with him in Portland & the Nytes need a young prospect like Kyle who's from nearby Jersey. They can dump Diaw contract b/c it partially guaranteed & take a chance on someone like Whiteside b/c they have nothing to lose.

IMHO, this proposal is not any more realistic than the trade of Diaw/Parker/picks for Horford/Teague I proposed on another thread that you found laughable. However, if Sean would go for this deal, then you and I have found one we can agree on. In a Brooklyn minute. :tu

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 08:00 PM
IMHO, this proposal is not any more realistic than the trade of Diaw/Parker/picks for Horford/Teague I proposed on another thread that you found laughable. However, if Sean would go for this deal, then you and I have found one we can agree on. In a Brooklyn minute. :tu
Big Dummy, the crux of the Horford/Teague deal is that Pop will NEVER trade any of the Big 3.:wakeup

sasaint
02-19-2016, 08:27 PM
Big Dummy, the crux of the Horford/Teague deal is that Pop will NEVER trade any of the Big 3.:wakeup

Not quite as certain as death and taxes - but not far from it. However, I cannot help but hope that Pop will bring in a guard that will provide better defense than Tony and Patty - sooner rather than later. Plus, posters here give Diaw a pass because it is somehow acceptable for him to coast until playoff time. I wish we could have dumped him for a player who doesn't regard coasting until the postseason as his privilege. It is hard to imagine Pop's putting up with that.

tmtcsc
02-19-2016, 08:33 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg3uapc9OC1qablpd.gif

Brazil
02-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Brook Lopez ? :lol

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Not quite as certain as death and taxes - but not far from it. However, I cannot help but hope that Pop will bring in a guard that will provide better defense than Tony and Patty - sooner rather than later. Plus, posters here give Diaw a pass because it is somehow acceptable for him to coast until playoff time. I wish we could have dumped him for a player who doesn't regard coasting until the postseason as his privilege. It is hard to imagine Pop's putting up with that.

Like I've been saying, Diaw will get the Malik Rose treatment & get shipped out if he doesn't show up in the postseason especially considering his team friendly contract.

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 09:00 PM
Diaw has a tendency to coast so he's hard to gauge... I am careful to proclaim him finished bc the man has looked the part and has had rennaissances... I do think he's too heavy at this point and not in his playoff shape. He's lately getting the ball picked and TO a lot in the post bc he's lost some agility against perimeter players, which he would just dominate b4, as he had a combinations of bulk/heaviness, craftiness and still quickness that was very tough to stop... He's still got his craftiness, but he's now more bulky and less quick.

Manu being out puts an additional burden on him, but he was already coasting b4 the Manu injury. In fact, KA having a few games at the 4, and playing relatively well has covered up Diaw's state of play. Even Rasual has gotten minutes at the 4. I hope for our sakes, Diaw gets on his playoff diet/regimen soon. KA, as much as I like him, is not ready to carry that torch, and Rasual as much as I like him too, is a very, very streaky shooter.

NameLess Scrub
02-19-2016, 09:17 PM
Diaw has a tendency to coast so he's hard to gauge... I am careful to proclaim him finished bc the man has looked the part and has had rennaissances... I do think he's too heavy at this point and not in his playoff shape. He's lately getting the ball picked and TO a lot in the post bc he's lost some agility against perimeter players, which he would just dominate b4, as he had a combinations of bulk/heaviness, craftiness and still quickness that was very tough to stop... He's still got his craftiness, but he's now more bulky and less quick.

Manu being out puts an additional burden on him, but he was already coasting b4 the Manu injury. In fact, KA having a few games at the 4, and playing relatively well has covered up Diaw's state of play. Even Rasual has gotten minutes at the 4. I hope for our sakes, Diaw gets on his playoff diet/regimen soon. KA, as much as I like him, is not ready to carry that torch, and Rasual as much as I like him too, is a very, very streaky shooter.

I hope so too. Spurs fans put up with Boris because they assume he will start showing up in the POs. If he keeps coasting or is incapable due to lack of discipline in what's probably the last run for Timmy and Manu, that love can turn quickly :lol

TrainOfThought5
02-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Super Diaw showing up for 16 games would probably win us 6 before any other bench player. Yes even Ginobili.

Kawhitstorm
02-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Brook Lopez ? :lol

Boris 1.0 :lol

TheDoctor
02-19-2016, 09:57 PM
2) We get someone to replace Manu with the Hispanic community...

You crazy with that hispanic crap. The guy doesn't even speak spanish.

BillMc
02-19-2016, 10:00 PM
You crazy with that hispanic crap. The guy doesn't even speak spanish.

Yeah maybe. His dad was Cuban but I think they separated really early in his life.

sasaint
02-19-2016, 10:34 PM

I hope that, as some have suggested, Pop has been saving Rasual. Although the sample size is quite small, I regard his shot as quite reliable. I am not sure why you would think he is streaky - at least so far in the silver and black.

Brazil
02-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Boris 1.0 :lol

More like 0.1 tbh

SAGirl
02-19-2016, 10:38 PM
I hope that, as some have suggested, Pop has been saving Rasual. Although the sample size is quite small, I regard his shot as quite reliable. I am not sure why you would think he is streaky - at least so far in the silver and black.
He's shooting 30%, just going by his stats... currently at 29% on 3s. Its not very noticeable bc he doesn't play much, but if he was getting Danny's minutes everybody would be on his grill.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/butlera01.html
Small samples may make someone look more than they are in reality. he burned out for the Wizards after the all star break as well and shot about 30% the rest of the season, so its a small sample that can trend up or down depending. I don't consider his 29% shooting from 3 reliable. He's also had some really far off the target shots.

sasaint
02-19-2016, 10:47 PM
He's shooting 30%, just going by his stats... currently at 29% on 3s. Its not very noticeable bc he doesn't play much, but if he was getting Danny's minutes everybody would be on his grill.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/butlera01.html
Small samples may make someone look more than they are in reality. he burned out for the Wizards after the all star break as well and shot about 30% the rest of the season, so its a small sample that can trend up or down depending. I don't consider his 29% shooting from 3 reliable. He's also had some really far off the target shots.

In the game-by-game chart, he started the season poorly (again in a micro-sample), and I think that skews his percentage downward.