PDA

View Full Version : Game Observations [email protected] works and What does not.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 01:31 AM
First and Foremost don't let the blowout get into you. They played at home with something to prove..200 Dollars the Spurs win their home game.

Quick General game observation

The ball handling in general was Putrid.. However, it's not all on San Antonio. Golden State is THE BEST PnR defensive team in the league they allowed almost zero penetration. Bogut was instrumental in defending the Screens early in the game and Pop tried to respond by putting him on foul trouble and posting him up. Bad decision imo. So man silly missed rotations.. Simmons, Parker, Aldridge and Green are the biggest Culprits. The bright side of things is that it's obvious theres a few things the spurs can exploit offensively and most importantly the spurs have the tools to defend GSW.

What Works defensively

Single Coverage on Curry was much much more effective against their offense. Not only was it more effective against curry, it actually made it really tough for GSW in the first 18 minutes of the game to generate wide open looks. Curry actually got a TON of looks from scrambled possesions from from both halves. The requirement though is that its one of Kawhi-Green-Simmons. It reminds of how Rick Carlisle defended San Antonio two years ago. As good as curry is, This team moves the ball really fucking well. In the few minutes the players stayed with their man, the result was A+

What doesn't work defensively

Double teams, Simmons guarding any of Klay or Curry off ball, Parker and Mills as a defensive player in this matchup. The bad news for spursfan is that both Parker and Mills are going to get overwhelmed in this matchup..Both offensively and defensively and it isn't going to change. When you double and force curry to pass, it doesn't actually mean Curry is not going to shoot the basketball, it's just means that they are going to pass the ball around and the spurs Will scramble and that would generate easy looks for Curry-Thompson and everyone else. It's not like doubling the PNR means Draymond would actually have to make a play and score. THIS GSW TEAM Isn't some random ass team with an antiquated look at the game. They're just as good if not better than San Antonio in terms of playiung ..Actually they are better, a lot better.

What works offensively

Midrange Jumpers are there for the bigs and the wings to take advantage off. Barnes or Klay CAN NOT guard Kawhi who was 4-6 and 7-7..Every Kawhi POST UP generated great looks. Boris Posting up anyone not named Bogut generates offense.

One point i had defensively was the spurs ability to guard in single coverage situation. They actually got a few good transition looks there but failed to utilize. Jonathan Simmons in Particular is a STUPID player, sadly. He reminds of younger westbrook who can't control his drive..He missed WAY to many wide open Shooters in transition with his eyes on the basket and worse the poor pass to mills...Just Piss poor transition IQ and probably selfishness in general.

What doesn't work offensively

Our PnR duo of Parker-Ginobili was a nightmare tonight and it is going to be a nightmare going forward. The scary part is that, the Bread and Butter of Todays's game the PnR and PnP is Heavily titled towards GSW..by Heavily I mean, The spurs are just way below GSW. It's the combination of GSW having great defensive players in the PnR and only having a 34 year old and a 39 year old to rely on in the PnR...Even pop knows this as evidence by the lack of PnR by Parker and Ginobili in the 2nd half it was actually almost non existent...But it was a too late kinda adjustment, the warriros were already up 17 at that point.

Lamarcus Aldridge Post ups Never worked and I repeat never against good defensive teams. It's putrid. just terrible..The issue is that, the PnR wasn't working either so what was there to use? Kawhi score like 10 Points in the third, If I am not mistaken and that is virtually the only offensive weapon that heavily tilts towards San Antonio..Boris in the bench unit posting up works.

Big Question

How are you suppose to Beat the Golden State Warriors in a 7 Game series if the bread and butter of today's basketball heavily favours Golden State?

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 01:38 AM
:lol I'd rather see Patty Mills post-up, rather than Aldridge, at this point..

ceperez
01-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Big Question

How are you suppose to Beat the Golden State Warriors in a 7 Game series if the bread and butter of today's basketball heavily favours Golden State?

You can't win if Spurs take only 14 3 point attempts vs GSW 26.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 01:40 AM
Spurs simply don't have the offense to hang with the Dubs imo. Kawhi going full DPOY against Curry is the only way I can think of for the Spurs to have a chance in a 7 game series.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 01:42 AM
Spurs need a serious upgrade at the SG position if they want to beat GS. Maybe not this season but the next.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 01:43 AM

I seriously wanted to Puke. He's going to have great post up games when the matchup allows it, but this isn't a team that the spurs should be utilizing the bigs in the post outside of Boris. He can't pass, he can't score either..It's a disaster.

One question people kept on asking here " Can Draymond Guard LMA" the Answer " yeah man, it's like an NBA player guarding D-leaugue player.

The post offense isn't as big of an advantage as people make it out to be. Boris and West in the Bench works...but that's it.

With that warriors defense, the spurs are limited offensively....No way around it.

spursistan
01-26-2016, 01:46 AM
Spurs simply don't have the offense to hang with the Dubs imo. Kawhi going full DPOY against Curry is the only way I can think of for the Spurs to have a chance in a 7 game series.
the series is going to be: either they blow the fuck out of us like 2001 Lakers in sweep or the Spurs steal one in Oracle and get the classic 4-2..It is either Golden State is historically that GOOD or the Spurs has figured out a way to slow them down a bit and win a bunch of close games..

tmtcsc
01-26-2016, 01:53 AM
It's one game folks. Let the season play out and step back from all the absolute statements. They were better than the Spurs TONIGHT and it wasn't even close. The Spurs just need to move on and get back to work. Houston and Cleveland are next.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 01:54 AM
It's one game folks. Let the season play out and step back from all the absolute statements. They were better than the Spurs TONIGHT and it wasn't even close. The Spurs just need to move on and get back to work. Houston and Cleveland are next.

Typical vanilla response.

Yes it's one game, but some things are evident. Should the spurs give up? No..obviously. But these are things that clear and evident and the spurs should find ways to rectify these problems.

Spurtacular
01-26-2016, 01:56 AM
I observe the OP should stop making fucking threads.

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 02:01 AM
Danny Green better transform himself into JJ Redick by the end of the season to compete vs the Warriors.

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 02:03 AM
LMA should've utilized that turnaround more after he hit that 1st one in the third. It appears he's going to have to go god mode on that shot.

SpursFan86
01-26-2016, 02:11 AM
I don't think posting up Draymond is the answer, regardless of who it is. He's an elite post-up defender (90+ percentile)...I know guys like LMA might have a size advantage, but regardless, going 1-on-1 against a DPOTY-caliber guy isn't the answer IMO. If our offense is running through Aldridge or Tim or Diaw posting up Draymond, we're going to struggle. Spurs are going to have to find other ways to generate offense.

cjw
01-26-2016, 02:17 AM
I don't think posting up Draymond is the answer, regardless of who it is. He's an elite post-up defender (90+ percentile)...I know guys like LMA might have a size advantage, but regardless, going 1-on-1 against a DPOTY-caliber guy isn't the answer IMO. If our offense is running through Aldridge or Tim or Diaw posting up Draymond, we're going to struggle. Spurs are going to have to find other ways to generate offense.

I think this is exactly why they opened the game with a Lamarcus three. Game plan SHOULD be to draw Draymond away from the post with Aldridge or West, and let Kawhi / Diaw / Anderson / etc. do work.

daslicer
01-26-2016, 02:22 AM
the series is going to be: either they blow the fuck out of us like 2001 Lakers in sweep or the Spurs steal one in Oracle and get the classic 4-2..It is either Golden State is historically that GOOD or the Spurs has figured out a way to slow them down a bit and win a bunch of close games..

Pretty much accurate. They will either dominate the spurs and sweep them or take them out in 5 or the Spurs beat them in 6 or 7.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 02:23 AM
What works offensively

Midrange Jumpers are there for the bigs and the wings to take advantage off. Barnes or Klay CAN NOT guard Kawhi who was 4-6 and 7-7..Every Kawhi POST UP generated great looks. Boris Posting up anyone not named Bogut generates offense.

Agree. If something we can learn from this game is that Barnes/Klay even Iguodala -like in that play in the post- can't guard Kawhi once he gets the ball...Sadly, it seems like the Spurs don't care if he gets the ball.

itzsoweezee
01-26-2016, 02:38 AM
When you double and force curry to pass, it doesn't actually mean Curry is not going to shoot the basketball, it's just means that they are going to pass the ball around and the spurs Will scramble and that would generate easy looks for Curry-Thompson and everyone else.

This is absolutely true. The teams that have had (limited) success against gsw (tor, mil, det, bklyn) did it by not overreacting on defense. spurs were running around with no idea what to do.they have a better shot by just manning up.

phxspurfan
01-26-2016, 02:44 AM
I'd agree, Aldridge is a huge reason why we lost by 30 today. No one was beating them today, btu we lost by 30 bc Aldridge didn't how up. Otherwise we lose by 10.

tmtcsc
01-26-2016, 02:48 AM

Yes it's one game, but some things are evident. Should the spurs give up? No..obviously. But these are things that clear and evident and the spurs should find ways to rectify these problems.

What is evident is that on Jan. 25th the Spurs carried a 13 game winning streak in to Golden State and played like dog shit. They also took the floor minus a team leader and starter. No one is giving up and no one should judge the remainder of the season on 1 game either. Trying to dissect a blowout loss like tonight's is ridiculous. Do you honestly think the way the Spurs played and turned the ball over is indicative of how they will play in future match ups? C'mon man. There's nothing vanilla about what I'm saying. Golden State played better tonight and punched the Spurs in the mouth. End of story, move on to the next one.

spurs10
01-26-2016, 02:51 AM
Didn't look like we had a game plan. By the time we put Kawhi on Curry the game was over. When it's for all the marbles I doubt we let him do whatever the fuck he wants. Boris was very effective in the post, so that works. West played with some sack. Tim isn't going to allow a lay up fest. Danny is going to have to find himself and LMA has got to do some soul searching. Granted I think he plays better with Tim, but tonight he was an embarrassment out there.

spurs10
01-26-2016, 02:54 AM
What is evident is that on Jan. 25th the Spurs carried a 13 game winning streak in to Golden State and played like dog shit. They also took the floor minus a team leader and starter. No one is giving up and no one should judge the remainder of the season on 1 game either. Trying to dissect a blowout loss like tonight's is ridiculous. Do you honestly think the way the Spurs played and turned the ball over is indicative of how they will play in future match ups? C'mon man. There's nothing vanilla about what I'm saying. Golden State played better tonight and punched the Spurs in the mouth. End of story, move on to the next one. Is 26 TO's a record? I would think so. They scored the majority of the point differential of TO's. A lot of slapping and hitting and it worked!

AFMadison
01-26-2016, 03:05 AM

Yea and how you do that is continue to play your games. Fix your mistakes throughout the regular season. Houston next.

siraulo23
01-26-2016, 03:05 AM
Bottom line the spurs offense is just too predictable, inside out offense is not gonna get it done unfortunately. It sucks but vs GSW, parker needs to be MVParker to have a chance

As for slowing the warriors offense, im not sure how to the spurs do that tbh. I mean they TRIED to take away the warriors 1st/2nd option but still got picked apart at the end of each possession.

Defensively i think theres some obvious adjusments they can make, and can easily be corrected but can this spurs offense evolve in 3 months for them to win another championship? Its hard to see right now tbh

Fireball
01-26-2016, 03:12 AM
Boris posting up Draymond will not work out as well ... Green just cannot be moved that's why he is still effective as a center. Boris made an extreme difficult hook shot over him because he could not get deeper into the paint

midnightpulp
01-26-2016, 03:19 AM
First and Foremost don't let the blowout get into you. They played at home with something to prove..200 Dollars the Spurs win their home game.

Quick General game observation

The ball handling in general was Putrid.. However, it's not all on San Antonio. Golden State is THE BEST PnR defensive team in the league they allowed almost zero penetration. Bogut was instrumental in defending the Screens early in the game and Pop tried to respond by putting him on foul trouble and posting him up. Bad decision imo. So man silly missed rotations.. Simmons, Parker, Aldridge and Green are the biggest Culprits. The bright side of things is that it's obvious theres a few things the spurs can exploit offensively and most importantly the spurs have the tools to defend GSW.

What Works defensively

Single Coverage on Curry was much much more effective against their offense. Not only was it more effective against curry, it actually made it really tough for GSW in the first 18 minutes of the game to generate wide open looks. Curry actually got a TON of looks from scrambled possesions from from both halves. The requirement though is that its one of Kawhi-Green-Simmons. It reminds of how Rick Carlisle defended San Antonio two years ago. As good as curry is, This team moves the ball really fucking well. In the few minutes the players stayed with their man, the result was A+

What doesn't work defensively

Double teams, Simmons guarding any of Klay or Curry off ball, Parker and Mills as a defensive player in this matchup. The bad news for spursfan is that both Parker and Mills are going to get overwhelmed in this matchup..Both offensively and defensively and it isn't going to change. When you double and force curry to pass, it doesn't actually mean Curry is not going to shoot the basketball, it's just means that they are going to pass the ball around and the spurs Will scramble and that would generate easy looks for Curry-Thompson and everyone else. It's not like doubling the PNR means Draymond would actually have to make a play and score. THIS GSW TEAM Isn't some random ass team with an antiquated look at the game. They're just as good if not better than San Antonio in terms of playiung ..Actually they are better, a lot better.

What works offensively

One point i had defensively was the spurs ability to guard in single coverage situation. They actually got a few good transition looks there but failed to utilize. Jonathan Simmons in Particular is a STUPID player, sadly. He reminds of younger westbrook who can't control his drive..He missed WAY to many wide open Shooters in transition with his eyes on the basket and worse the poor pass to mills...Just Piss poor transition IQ and probably selfishness in general.

What doesn't work offensively

Our PnR duo of Parker-Ginobili was a nightmare tonight and it is going to be a nightmare going forward. The scary part is that, the Bread and Butter of Todays's game the PnR and PnP is Heavily titled towards GSW..by Heavily I mean, The spurs are just way below GSW. It's the combination of GSW having great defensive players in the PnR and only having a 34 year old and a 39 year old to rely on in the PnR...Even pop knows this as evidence by the lack of PnR by Parker and Ginobili in the 2nd half it was actually almost non existent...But it was a too late kinda adjustment, the warriros were already up 17 at that point.

Lamarcus Aldridge Post ups Never worked and I repeat never against good defensive teams. It's putrid. just terrible..The issue is that, the PnR wasn't working either so what was there to use? Kawhi score like 10 Points in the third, If I am not mistaken and that is virtually the only offensive weapon that heavily tilts towards San Antonio..Boris in the bench unit posting up works.

Big Question

Perimeter speed and breaking defenses down through dribble drive penetration and/or creating separation for jumpers is what today's basketball is. These skills translate into running deadly pick-and-rolls and creating spacing and mismatches through forcing defenses to scramble.

Like I told you in the other thread, post offenses, no matter which player they're run through, are dead. You can use it once in awhile, sure, but it's a losing strategy in the long run. I always quote Rick Carlisle here, "Slow play equals death." Miami set the trend and Golden State has perfected it. The Spurs brilliantly countered pace and space with exceptional ball movement and player movement. Golden State is basically a combination of Miami's dribble-drive/dribble-shoot danger and the Spurs beautiful game offense.

We can't beat the Warriors without another elite wing, one who can stress defenses by relentlessly attacking (a la Westbrook). Too bad Parker and Manu still weren't in their primes, or it'd be on.

I had hope that the Spurs would cause another paradigm shift and prove the grindy style of basketball that worked in the 00s could still work (kill the opponent with length, in the post, and on the boards), but it looks like that isn't the case. Maybe against everyone else, but not GS, their 3 point shooting is too good and they can still defend bigger teams even when they go small with that "Death Squad" lineup, something we never really seen a team do successfully before. Usually small ball teams get out sized and worn down (think SSOL Suns or when the 2011 Spurs flirted with small ball).

I think Pop might have to think outside the box. Create our own death squad lineup, maybe with Kawhi at C (seriously. Green isn't really any bigger or stronger than Kawhi), Green at PF, Manu at SF, Simmons at SG, and Parker at PG (hide Parker on Barnes and have Green check Curry. And just hope Simmons doesn't get killed by Klay). That said, first try it with LMA or Boris at C, and then work your way smaller to Kawhi if LMA/Boris get worked on the pnr.

rasuo214
01-26-2016, 03:25 AM
Good takes, it's pretty much what I saw and thought about this game. I would like to see the offense ran through Kawhi initially, use him in the same way the Warriors use Curry to get open looks for his teammates. Force the Warriors to adjust and go from there. Also no more small ball lineups, the Spurs have size, they need to use it to their advantage.

YGWHI
01-26-2016, 03:50 AM
post offenses, no matter which player they're run through, are dead. You can use it once in awhile, sure, but it's a losing strategy in the long run. I always quote Rick Carlisle here, "Slow play equals death." Miami set the trend and Golden State has perfected it. The Spurs brilliantly countered pace and space with exceptional ball movement and player movement. Golden State is basically a combination of Miami's dribble-drive/dribble-shoot danger and the Spurs beautiful game offense.

We can't beat the Warriors without another elite wing, one who can stress defenses by relentlessly attacking (a la Westbrook). Too bad Parker and Manu still weren't in their primes, or it'd be on.

If you want to slow the pace against Warriors then post-up plays can help. Obviously, not in every possession but more often than usual.

It's a problem the Spurs don't have a player who excels at drives-penetration-collapsing defenses but it's also an issue Pop playing Parker and Manu like they're still in their prime.

Jonathon is decent enough driving to the hoop, Kawhi isn't a great ball handler but he's improving and getting to the line more...That's why it would be nice to watch in some games the Spurs to try to find other ways with Kawhi-Simms combo.

They won't turn into Westbrook or that kind of elite offensive player but they can provide offense

midnightpulp
01-26-2016, 04:01 AM
If you want to slow the pace against Warriors then post-up plays can help. Obviously, not in every possession but more often than usual.

It's a problem the Spurs don't have a player who excels at drives-penetration-collapsing defenses but it's also an issue Pop playing Parker and Manu like they're still in their prime.

Jonathon is decent enough driving to the hoop, Kawhi isn't a great ball handler but he's improving and getting to the line more...That's why it would be nice to watch in some games the Spurs to try to find other ways with Kawhi-Simms combo.

They won't turn into Westbrook or that kind of elite offensive player but they can provide offense

Well, playoffs are always a different animal, and because the pace naturally slows down due to caution/nerves, etc, so post-play, length, size, etc usually pay dividends.

Maybe we'll grit-and-grind our way out of it. It's a possibility, but a remote one.

r0drig0lac
01-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Danny Green better transform himself into JJ Redick by the end of the season to compete vs the Warriors.

agree and Aldridge in a basketball player

tbdog
01-26-2016, 05:57 AM
Pop's rarely called plays this game. It was really odd. We didn't see any Hammer or horns. All I saw was the loop and iso's. Did anyone else notice that?

szkorhetz
01-26-2016, 06:04 AM
LMA's postgame is still in Portland, TBH.

tbdog
01-26-2016, 06:05 AM
Good takes, it's pretty much what I saw and thought about this game. I would like to see the offense ran through Kawhi initially, use him in the same way the Warriors use Curry to get open looks for his teammates. Force the Warriors to adjust and go from there. Also no more small ball lineups, the Spurs have size, they need to use it to their advantage.

I think Pop was just throwing players out there to see what sticked. Perhaps if Anderson was got to the free throw line deservingly, he might have stayed in longer. Also, Simmons cannot guard Curry. Curry didn't take a tough shot on him. And I am not sure why Green didn't have a look at Curry and also got the pin pulled on him a few times.

theman21
01-26-2016, 06:34 AM
Yeh first off Spurs were playing scared, the turnovers were more often the case of Spurs being indecisive rather than defensive forced...however many of the turnovers or failure on offense were due to home court bias, aggressive defense is easy to play without fear of being called for fouling. Having said that Spurs missed wide open opportunities early and didn't know how to defend GSW until later in the game, so the game snowballed ...

Pop knew the loss was coming and wanted to try some lineups out there but ultimately he still kept some cards out of the playing deck (Boban lineup earlier).

Ultimately I felt Spurs haven't been progressing for a while, since they've been steamrolling opponents, so a blowout loss to wake the team up could actually favor the team greatly...plus there's plenty of material to motivate the team for future games against the Warriors; I felt like not having played them in a while didn't give enough motivation to the Spurs to understand the strength of their opponent.

A blowout win on your court in January is just a sign your opponent wasn't ready. If Spurs haven't figured this out by March and April, we can all sing a different tune.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 06:39 AM
I think Pop was just throwing players out there to see what sticked. Perhaps if Anderson was got to the free throw line deservingly, he might have stayed in longer. Also, Simmons cannot guard Curry. Curry didn't take a tough shot on him. And I am not sure why Green didn't have a look at Curry and also got the pin pulled on him a few times.

Simmons or Green will absolutely have to guard Curry because you can't have Leonard burn all his energy in defense.

So if Simmons sucked, he absolutely has to get better.

Horse
01-26-2016, 06:40 AM
To start how about hold on to the fucking ball. If they just cut out the unforced errors it's a different game. As far as the forced errors give me a fucking break every made warrior basket was and and 1 while we got hacked all night with no whistle.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 09:11 AM
Perimeter speed and breaking defenses down through dribble drive penetration and/or creating separation for jumpers is what today's basketball is. These skills translate into running deadly pick-and-rolls and creating spacing and mismatches through forcing defenses to scramble.

Like I told you in the other thread, post offenses, no matter which player they're run through, are dead. You can use it once in awhile, sure, but it's a losing strategy in the long run. I always quote Rick Carlisle here, "Slow play equals death." Miami set the trend and Golden State has perfected it. The Spurs brilliantly countered pace and space with exceptional ball movement and player movement. Golden State is basically a combination of Miami's dribble-drive/dribble-shoot danger and the Spurs beautiful game offense.

I had hope that the Spurs would cause another paradigm shift and prove the grindy style of basketball that worked in the 00s could still work (kill the opponent with length, in the post, and on the boards), but it looks like that isn't the case. Maybe against everyone else, but not GS, their 3 point shooting is too good and they can still defend bigger teams even when they go small with that "Death Squad" lineup, something we never really seen a team do successfully before. Usually small ball teams get out sized and worn down (think SSOL Suns or when the 2011 Spurs flirted with small ball).

I think Pop might have to think outside the box. Create our own death squad lineup, maybe with Kawhi at C (seriously. Green isn't really any bigger or stronger than Kawhi), Green at PF, Manu at SF, Simmons at SG, and Parker at PG (hide Parker on Barnes and have Green check Curry. And just hope Simmons doesn't get killed by Klay). That said, first try it with LMA or Boris at C, and then work your way smaller to Kawhi if LMA/Boris get worked on the pnr.

Now you aee just being ailly and cute. That's probably the biggest flaw many fans and including coaches have. They always fail to understand the impoetance of personel and how exactly tha shoud play out in an offensive scheme.

Chinook and you suffer from that problem. You want to play a brand of basketball that relies on inconsistent players to carry you offensively. Motion top requires heavy lifting from Parker and Ginobili.

Why do you think pop commited to post ups? Ths team wanted to emphasise post ups as evident with the Diaw interview. They don't have the talent and personel to play otherwise.

You still to have trouble.umderstanding the massive difference between a spurs set and set made other teams. They are very much different and that has a lot to do with personel and remnants of 2014 Basketball. Kawhi has tons of semi triple situations, the problem is that there is always another player thats ina semi open situation. The truth of the matter of the matter is that hes better of taking the shot himself. Thats on Pop to tell him, hes different and should attack.

Kawhi posting up, specially if they play smaller is enough to defend the tranisition. Kawhi can always cover his man going back. The rest relies on Green who is essentially the best transition defender in the league and sadly Parker.

tmtcsc
01-26-2016, 09:15 AM
I think most people understood that no matter the outcome of last nights game, the Spurs and Warriors would stull be the two best teams in the league in the morning. Part of this loss is due to the terrible competition the Spurs have faced. They just weren't ready in any shape or form for the Warriors.

Ibleedslvrnblk
01-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Let's be honest here. The Warriors are amazing and a historic team. If it were not for them the Spurs would be that team. They are just that damn good and its going to take a lot for anyone to beat them in a series. They may lose 1 game all playoffs. The Spurs will need to be very strategic in their approach. Can they beat them? Sure. Will it happen? Maybe? If it does not, oh well, we got best by history. Go put 100$ on GSW to win it all and 50$ on SA cause no one is beating them.

bic50
01-26-2016, 09:27 AM
I'd agree, Aldridge is a huge reason why we lost by 30 today. No one was beating them today, btu we lost by 30 bc Aldridge didn't how up. Otherwise we lose by 10.

:lol

Man In Black
01-26-2016, 02:31 PM
Tim Duncan has mastered the in-between game in the lane, where the big man has to cover both the ballhandler and the roll man for a time. Duncan is 39 years old, and the fact that ESPN’s Real Plus-Minus ranks him as the best defensive player this season (+6.6 points saved per 100 possessions) is ludicrous. NBA players typically decline quickly after the age of 32.

Curry absolutely breaks everything this type of defense is built to do. You can’t drop to the foul line against Curry, because if you do, he’ll hit the three-pointer off the dribble at a rate that will kill you.

skulls138
01-26-2016, 03:02 PM
To have a chance against the Warriors, Spurs players need to play up to their potential. Im not talking about matchup problems, like Parker and Mills had, Im talking about underachievers like DG and LMA. Cant have people who used to be good, not be good anymore. They need to do what they were brought here for so the big three can put us over the top not struggle to catch up.

I kind of envisioned this where the big three are still the only ones that we believe in. That wont cut it.

testies
01-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

I'll see what I can do

Lostwingman
01-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Pop's rarely called plays this game. It was really odd. We didn't see any Hammer or horns. All I saw was the loop and iso's. Did anyone else notice that?

Yes, which is why I can't help but have the seed of the thought that Pop intended to throw this game regardless of how we played.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 03:40 PM
Simmons or Green will absolutely have to guard Curry because you can't have Leonard burn all his energy in defense.

So if Simmons sucked, he absolutely has to get better.

I don't know about that. Assuming Leonard is the best choice to put on Curry, sacrificing his offense for slowing down Curry is fine.