PDA

View Full Version : Positive and Negatives of Last Nights game

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 08:39 AM
First the negatives:

1. TP needs to stop trying to match Curry on offense. He kept on making mistakes and literally cost the Spurs the game in the 1st half. TP needs to realized he is past his prime and needs to stop be the focal point of the offense and to keep his ego in check.

2. LMA should be schooling Green. Grant it, Green gets away with A LOT of fouls, most noticeable one is when he tugs on someone posting him throwing them off balance. He did that like 5+ times and the refs only called him on one. But still LMA, has schooled Green in the past. LMA needs to get his shit together.

3. Turnovers. 20+ is unacceptable.

4. TP needs to be limited against GS. He is a defensive liability and Pop needs to pull the plug on him next game early.

5. Quit doubling. Only Curry needs a double team put even then don't. In a 7 games series he will wear himself out playing like last night. Just like Amare avg 39 ppg I believe on series against the Spurs, let Curry have his and SHUT EVERYONE ELSE DOWN.

6. Refs. Pop needs to send the film to the league office. Moving Screens, Handchecking, and Pushing off. Even OKC doesn't get away with how much GS got away with last night.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Positive:

1. Spurs have two players that can guard Curry very well in Kawhi and Simmons. Curry should have been called for pushing off like 4-5x times last night, I'm not joking. That shit is an offensive foul. You can't knock either one that the refs were letting Curry get away with it last night. Even Patty did a good job. Curry scored like 2/3 of his points with Parker guarding him.

2. I think Pop found the perfect lineup to match GS small ball. Manu, Butler, Simmons, Kawhi and Diaw let that comeback before the half, cutting 8 points off the GS lead. The size and quickness of that lineup really bother GS from where I was sitting. Pop didn't play that lineup at all in the 2nd half for some reason. I guess he saw all he needed in those 3 minutes.

3. Boban is the man. There is nobody on the GS roster that can guard him. Boban should have had like 20 points last night but the Spurs weren't feeding him the ball enough. I love the particular one, where Boban is deep on Speights, McCallum resume not to pass it to him but crosses over and takes an ill advised jumper. Boban against 3 warriors, bats the ball back out to McCallum. McCallum is open at the 3 point line and NOW resumes to pass it back to Boban whose TRIPLED TEAM in the paint. I was like shit, ARE YOU FOR REAL. Speights got 5 fouls guarding Boban and he should have had like 8 for those 3 OBVIOUS push offs that the refs didn't call.

4. Spurs really didn't show anything. They ran basic offensive sets. They shot one corner 3 all game. They ONLY design play I could really see was out of a timeout and the Spurs ran a double pick for patty at the top of the key. Honestly, with how aggressive the GS was last night, the Spurs could have done that one play ALL GAME and scored at will against GS. Running that play and then seeing the Spurs resuming their pass around the perimeter play just show me that weren't showing GS anything at this point.

5. Game film. That is the bread and butter of the Spurs success. I hate it, but Pop throws games like these. He ran a bunch of flukely lineups last night. Didn't pull Parker when his ass was getting handed to him by Curry. If this was the playoffs, there is no doubt in my mind Parker wouldn't have played a minute in the 2nd half last night, much like game 6 against OKC 2 years ago when WB has handing Parker his ass. But the

6. LMA should have a fire lit under him. This is going to show what LMA is truly made of. If I was him I would be pissed. A game like this was what LMA needed to get him going again. I guarantee when he watches the film again and sees foul machine Green acting like his usual punk self, its going to piss him off.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Great writeup.

Parker is a defensive liability against GSW. That's a major problem.

Yes. The lineup with Butler in it is actually effective. Butler is actually on Green and it does seem that Butler is a bit taller than Green.

Simmons will need to specialize and practice a ton on how best to guard Curry. Just can't have Leonard doing that and having to work on offense at the same time.

LMA is a problem not only in offense but in defense. In fact, he had a ton of mental mistakes in this game like passing to nobody, 3 second violation etc. Even worse, Green was posting him up and scoring. He just like he's a long way from being ready for playoff action.

I agree, McCallum is clueless.

The only hope for Spurs is that Pop makes the right adjustments and that there is enough talent in the team to be effective.

Also did not see Green on Curry.

MultiTroll
01-26-2016, 09:19 AM
Positives:
Simmons can ball.
Athletic and very versatile. Showed a variety of O and D moves. I liked it.

Pop n Parker use protection when sniffing each other. So glad Pop left Parker in while he sucked on both O and D. One can really sense how CIA Pops playing time is directly related to how one is playing. No pets with Pop.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Simmons is a disaster on curry. He had energy so pop tried on.jim dead situations but hes one of the worst if not the worst off ball defender in the team. Worse than Parker. I suspect even Pop relaized this.

LMA will never school Draymond. Draymond defense in a universe better than LMA post offense.

Parker ball is never going to work against great defensive teams. Not against Draymond and Bogut thats for sure. Parker stopped trying to attack and that's smart since it was causing too many turnovers, but hes essentially useless without the ball.

LMA turned the ball like crazy because he is the weakest post playmaker in the team.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 09:32 AM
If LMa can't give the Spurs an offensive advantage at PF, Spurs are losing the main benefit they were expecting from him.

Playing BB, having an opposing team constantly gloat when they are being allowed to play off the limits of the game is one of the most annoying feelings. He should feed off that.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Simmons is a disaster on curry. He had energy so pop tried on.jim dead situations but hes one of the worst if not the worst off ball defender in the team. Worse than Parker. I suspect even Pop relaized this.

LMA will never school Draymond. Draymond defense in a universe better than LMA post offense.

Parker ball is never going to work against great defensive teams. Not against Draymond and Bogut thats for sure. Parker stopped trying to attack and that's smart since it was causing too many turnovers, but hes essentially useless without the ball.

LMA turned the ball like crazy because he is the weakest post playmaker in the team.

Simmons wasn't disaster. Curry only had that one bucket on him. Simmons almost made Curry air ball that one layup and made him shot that horrible jumper as well. Simmons did a good job. Curry just kept pushing off to create space which IS AN OFFENSIVE FOUL.

LMA won't ever school Green. You mean like the last game he played against him. Notice how the refs called Green for those hand checks when he pushed off LMA when LMA fronted for a jumper. Refs only called 1 last night. I don't know what game you were watching last night, but not one of those refs last night will be reffing a Conference finals game this year, that much I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7rAN58ZMKU

LMA turned the ball over because Green was constantly pushing him off balance last night. I watched every minute of last night's game. It was atrocious. Warriors were pushing off constantly on BOTH ends of the floor. I highly doubt you are going to see them get away with this in any other game this season they play the Spurs.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Draymond has the reputation as defensive player, they will give him the push off the same way they give kawhi steals on clear fouls.

Simmons was easily one of the worst of ball defenders last night. Easily.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Draymond has the reputation as defensive player, they will give him the push off the same way they give kawhi steals on clear fouls.

Simmons was easily one of the worst of ball defenders last night. Easily.

Simmons was not. Simmons actually did great IMO. He just went back to his preseason ways of TO the ball over we got into the paint last night

Green will not get away with it. Those were just HORRIBLE refs officiating last night. Green has come close to fouling out quite a few times this season guarding Faried, Griffin, Randolph, Cousins, and Davis. He is not a great one-on-one defender. He uses cheap tactics of tugging and pushing off which a lot of refs call him on. They didn't call it on him last night. It was like let the Warrior push off all night card was in play last night. Green is a great off the ball defender. But against post ups, he is undersized which is why he gets schooled by the Cousins, Griffin, LMA, Davis, Favors, Faried, etc. of the NBA.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Green has been hack since he he got the defensive repuation. Are you living under a rock? He will get away with virtually anything in the post. Kawhi clealry fouls many times on pokes too and the refs hardly call..one of the main reasons why he fouls very little now. Hws got reputation too.

Simmons was a shit Poo in defense. A brown turd.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2016, 10:14 AM
1 game does not make a season. The Spurs are still head and shoulders above the competition, save for Golden State

r0drig0lac
01-26-2016, 10:48 AM

RD2191
01-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the thoughts OP. Agree with pretty much all points.

Lostwingman
01-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Negative: I'm already fed up of hearing the Oracle crowd OOOOHH and AAAHHHHH everytime someone in gold dribbles past someone.

Lostwingman
01-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Also, when do we hear about the referee review for the game?

Spurtacular
01-26-2016, 01:23 PM
Positive:1. Spurs have two players that can guard Curry very well in Kawhi and Simmons. Curry should have been called for pushing off like 4-5x times last night, I'm not joking. That shit is an offensive foul. You can't knock either one that the refs were letting Curry get away with it last night. Even Patty did a good job. Curry scored like 2/3 of his points with Parker guarding him.

Parker literally tapped out on his fourth foul.