PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Popovich used a 30-point loss to deliver the perfect joke about Cleveland firin

ducks
01-26-2016, 10:40 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/26/10832002/gregg-popovich-spurs-warriors-david-blatt-video

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 10:48 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/1/26/10832002/gregg-popovich-spurs-warriors-david-blatt-video

It wouldn't surprise me if Pop just threw the game to make a point as well. Pop frustrates the hell out of me when he doesn't coach a game, but just sits there and looks disinterested like last night. But Like I have said repeatedly, Pop does this for a reason and those reasons usually become fruition come playoff time.

This interview is very evident Pop wasn't looking to win last night.

Fireball
01-26-2016, 10:50 AM
Pop could have coached the game of his life ... Spurs still lose by 15+ tbh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 10:53 AM
Pop could have coached the game of his life ... Spurs still lose by 15+ tbh

With the refs calling the game, probably yes. But with a fair game, I say the Spurs would have lost by 6-8 points. Pop already saw this game as a loss, which I did to to be honest. But I thought Pop would have least put in some effort. There was next to none last night. Pop has done it before and its just frustrating to watch.

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Pretty sure it wasn't POP, or some mysterious plan of his, that turned over the ball a gazillion times in the first quarter.

I turned the game off after that.

Fireball
01-26-2016, 11:01 AM
With the refs calling the game, probably yes. But with a fair game, I say the Spurs would have lost by 6-8 points. Pop already saw this game as a loss, which I did to to be honest. But I thought Pop would have least put in some effort. There was next to none last night. Pop has done it before and its just frustrating to watch.

so many broken plays after initial good defense led to points for the Warriors ... without these the Spurs at least would have remained in striking distance

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Pretty sure it wasn't POP, or some mysterious plan of his, that turned over the ball a gazillion times in the first quarter.

I turned the game off after that.

No it wasn't. But even then the Spurs were down by ONLY 6.

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 12:13 PM
No it wasn't. But even then the Spurs were down by ONLY 6.

Yeah, actually I was encouraged by that. Maybe if we hadn't turn the ball over so much, we could have even had a lead and the team's mindset might have been different the rest of the way. Eh...who knows. I still don't see it as anything Pop did. I think MANU nailed it best when he said..."They are just better than us."

Of course...that could be just part of the plan. :)

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 12:15 PM
If only he put more effort into coaching, and less into throwing the team under the bus

cd98
01-26-2016, 12:15 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Pop just threw the game to make a point as well. Pop frustrates the hell out of me when he doesn't coach a game, but just sits there and looks disinterested like last night. But Like I have said repeatedly, Pop does this for a reason and those reasons usually become fruition come playoff time.

This interview is very evident Pop wasn't looking to win last night.

Pop didn' throw this game. Spurs got beatdown.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 12:24 PM
Pop didn' throw this game. Spurs got beatdown.

It's both. As many have mentioned, the Spurs weren't running any set plays. It was just helter skelter basketball, which is why there was so many Turnovers. I have seen this before where the Spurs go out there play a game like a YMCA game. All the freaking lineups Pop was using tells me he was looking to see what matchup works and which ones don't.

When Parker was getting his ass handed to him in the first and then getting schooled like a MF in the 2nd by Livingston and Pop just sat there any didn't do anything about it, that told me clearly, he wasn't looking to win this game. And when he found a lineup of Diaw, Simmons, Kawhi, Manu and Butler that was actually outplaying GS in the 2nd quarter, he never went back to it in the 2nd half. If I notice it, you betcha Pop notice it to. This was Pop doing his test tube experiment game.

And yes, the GS played helluva a game, apart from all the fouling, I give them that. But I also saw Pop not making adjustments when needed or sticking with adjustments that worked. He played musical chairs with the lineups last night.

urunobili
01-26-2016, 01:14 PM
shots were fired...