PDA

View Full Version : Curry is the most confident player I've ever seen..

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 11:45 AM
I'm 28 years old and didn't really get to appreciate or comprehend the greatness of Jordan at the age of 10 lol. But I've never seen somebody just play so effortlessly and dominate a game night in and night out like Curry..it's unreal and what's so scary is I don't think there's anything you can do about it. I guess maybe just let him get his and try and focus on limiting other players..but even that seems impossible with the greatness of Curry. He literally demoralizes players and teams confidence..even a team like the Spurs who've pretty much have been through it all the last 3-4 years. We're witnessing history and it isn't LeBron James smh

RD2191
01-26-2016, 11:50 AM
Curry is a great player but lets not kid ourselves, Kawhi had a bad game last night. Curry scores less and shoots less with Kawhi guarding him. If it happens again then we might have something to worry about.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 11:51 AM
I guarantee it will happen more often than not

ParadoxEN
01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Over rated, IMO

Iggy still gets to sit up front in chapel

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
Curry is a great player but lets not kid ourselves, Kawhi had a bad game last night. Curry scores less and shoots less with Kawhi guarding him. If it happens again then we might have something to worry about.

But this isn't just because of last night. I mean dropping 37 in 28min is about as dominant you can be but I'm talking about the league as a whole. Nobody can match up with him..he fears nobody..but why would you when you can handle the Rock and boogie on everybody and hit 35 footers with your eyes closed.

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 12:01 PM
I've never seen anyone like Curry...ever. And I'm old as shit. :coffee

He would be a joy to watch, if he wasn't in our damn way.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:02 PM
But this isn't just because of last night. I mean dropping 37 in 28min is about as dominant you can be but I'm talking about the league as a whole. Nobody can match up with him..he fears nobody..but why would you when you can handle the Rock and boogie on everybody and hit 35 footers with your eyes closed.
Things might have changed this season but look up Curry's numbers against the Spurs. He rarely has monster games like he did last night against SA and Kawhi is a big reason for that. I may be wrong but iirc he scores less but more importantly shoots less against SA. Curry deserves props for last nights game. He was an absolute beast out there but as I'vr mentioned those perfotmances are rare against SA. Now if he does it the next few games against SA then we're pretty much fucked.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:04 PM
And yes you're right. He might be the best offensive player the NBA has ever seen.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Best guard since Jordan, tbh, best PG of my lifetime..hopefully he breaks an ankle or tears his ACL, though..

UZER
01-26-2016, 12:11 PM

Because the guy gets to ice skate the entire game. I just don't understand how he can go an entire game without being put on his ass once or twice.

cd98
01-26-2016, 12:13 PM
His range and handles makes him essentially unguardable.

UZER
01-26-2016, 12:17 PM
His range and handles makes him essentially unguardable.

The moving screens also help.

UZER
01-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Because the guy gets to ice skate the entire game. I just don't understand how he can go an entire game without being put on his ass once or twice.

And I don't mean flagrant, just solid fouls.

cd98
01-26-2016, 12:18 PM

No excuses. He's damn good.

UZER
01-26-2016, 12:19 PM
No excuses. He's damn good.

It's not an excuse. They help.

SpursFan86
01-26-2016, 12:26 PM
He's on pace to break the records for highest PER, WS/48, and BPM in a single season. He's the most efficient player in the league (68.5 TS%) while putting up 30+ ppg. I keep expecting him to fall back to earth, but I'm not even so sure anymore. We're over halfway through the season and he's still playing like this.

Hopefully people realize what they're witnessing. He's not just on pace to become one of the best guards of all-time...there's a very good chance he ends up being a top 10 player of all-time, maybe even higher. He's already solidified his spot as the greatest shooter of all-time, on a completely different level from even guys like Ray Allen and Reggie Miller.

And what's scary is that his game will likely age really well. Sure he'll lose some of his quickness which will in turn hinder his ability to drive and get separation...but he'll still be a deadly catch-and-shoot guy who will command a ridiculous amount of attention regardless of whether he has the ball.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:31 PM
The only way to stop this guy is to go bad boy pistons vs jordan imo. Gonna have to get down and dirty and play a little rough if you want to beat the Dubs. Of course you might ruin your reputation playing that way but I doubt the 2 trophies sitting in the palace give a fuck about reputation.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:33 PM
Make that 3 trophies, my bad.

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't think it's a coincidence Curry, Paul and Irving have all torched the Spurs. They all probably have top 5 handles of all time TBH. Curry is just even more difficult because he's smart and can literally shoot it once he crosses half court

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 12:34 PM

Well that's the thing his handles and shot is soo damn good he doesn't need to get into the paint. He doesn't attack the paint..but when he does you gotta make him earn it. But he's a 95% FT shooter so it's not like it helps lol

cjw
01-26-2016, 12:35 PM
Make that 3 trophies, my bad.

You were right the first time - two of the three trophies. The third was earned on solid but relatively clean defense and a full team effort.

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 12:36 PM
The only way to slow down Curry is to just have somebody harass him all game 94 feet like Delly did in the finals. Just stay attached to his hip whenever he's on the court. Stay home on other players and make Curry earn every point...

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 12:39 PM
He's in desperate need of someone jacking him. I thought West would be our guy to scare him but nope. We might have to have Bonner start the next game just to throw in some hard fouls.

said7
01-26-2016, 12:39 PM
He gets his teammates SOOOO many good looks just by beating his man or the defense overplaying him. It really is crazy.

said7
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
He's in desperate need of someone jacking him. I thought West would be our guy to scare him but nope. We might have to have Bonner start the next game just to throw in some hard fouls.

Pistons Jordan Rules.

SpursFan86
01-26-2016, 12:40 PM
The only way to slow down Curry is to just have somebody harass him all game 94 feet like Delly did in the finals. Just stay attached to his hip whenever he's on the court. Stay home on other players and make Curry earn every point...

Ehh, the whole "Delly shut down Curry" narrative is blown out of proportion :lol He did a good job the first few games, but Steph ended up averaging 26 ppg on 58.5 TS%, which is still fantastic.

Regardless, I agree with the notion that you have to make him work as hard as possible (on both ends). Unfortunately that's easier said than done. His release is ridiculously quick and he only needs the slightest amount of separation to get up his shot. Not to mention whoever is guarding him has to chase him endlessly through screens, and fight over them even when he's 5 feet behind the 3-point line.

SpursforSix
01-26-2016, 12:42 PM

the problem is that they run so many screens that I don't even know if the refs can see it all. the play moves so fast and they are setting multiple screens every time. and I don't think the NBA really wants to limit Curry.

01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Only injuries will stop Curry at this point. If Spurs fans have been paying attention during the season, Curry has been hitting ridiculous shots from 4-5 feet past the 3 point line. There's a video of him shooting 95/100 3's in practice and doing two ball crossover dribbles with ease during warm ups. His only weakness is defense but the Warriors have a complement of above average wing defenders to take the hard defensive assignment IF they needed to. Curry can still hold his own against Parker. Wish the Thunder can play the Warriors in the second round since they have Westbrook but with the Clippers incoming implosion (Griffin beating Clippers staff member), I highly doubt the Thunder will slip to the 4th seed.

Spurtacular
01-26-2016, 12:45 PM
Curry's long threes were great looks on a night he was feeling it and the pressure was off. He still shoots not nearly so good when he presses.

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 12:46 PM
The most ridiculous player somehow lucked into a ridiculously talented team.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:47 PM
I think the Spurs went the wrong way when we moved away from the "beautiful game". Of course many factors contributed to going away from that system but that offense was probably the only system that would be able to hang with this years GS team.

UZER
01-26-2016, 01:05 PM
Well that's the thing his handles and shot is soo damn good he doesn't need to get into the paint. He doesn't attack the paint..but when he does you gotta make him earn it. But he's a 95% FT shooter so it's not like it helps lol

When he pulls up for three, you go for the block and come down on him. Sure you'll get a foul, but you do this couple times with different players. It's not about stopping him from shooting, your not gonna do that. It's about putting that little doubt is his head. You need why advantage you can get.

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 01:24 PM
I
Ehh, the whole "Delly shut down Curry" narrative is blown out of proportion :lol He did a good job the first few games, but Steph ended up averaging 26 ppg on 58.5 TS%, which is still fantastic.

Regardless, I agree with the notion that you have to make him work as hard as possible (on both ends). Unfortunately that's easier said than done. His release is ridiculously quick and he only needs the slightest amount of separation to get up his shot. Not to mention whoever is guarding him has to chase him endlessly through screens, and fight over them even when he's 5 feet behind the 3-point line.

Delly didn't shut him down. He's just not athletic enough or good enough defender to get the job done. But he did harass him and made things more difficult. I would honestly stick Danny on him all game for 94 feet and have him strictly focus on being on Curry hip at all times. Don't worry about helping or etc. Could be easier for Danny since Curry more than likely be guarding him on defense and it would be easier for Danny to pick him up in transition

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Pistons Jordan Rules.Exactly.

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 01:34 PM
If no one is going to intimidate Curry, he's going to continue to fucking go off. Someone, ANYONE, needs to step up and give that faggot the hard foul he's begging for... sooner rather than later.

Chomag
01-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Hes completely unguardable in todays game. With all of today's rules there is just no way to defend a player like him.

Horse
01-26-2016, 01:35 PM
I think you have to guard him 1on 1 and just deal with it. More times than not he'll be happy to take a low percentage shot, and after a season and a couple rounds of the playoffs he may lose his legs. The other thing is make him work they should've put whoever he was guarding through multiple screens. And last but not least if he comes in the lane let him have it who cares if he makes his fts bust his ass couple times he'll think twice. This motherfucker is getting a free pass every night with the pussy ass rules.

Horse
01-26-2016, 01:37 PM
I

Delly didn't shut him down. He's just not athletic enough or good enough defender to get the job done. But he did harass him and made things more difficult. I would honestly stick Danny on him all game for 94 feet and have him strictly focus on being on Curry hip at all times. Don't worry about helping or etc. Could be easier for Danny since Curry more than likely be guarding him on defense and it would be easier for Danny to pick him up in transition

This and also patty and simmons the guys with endless energy and are relentless.

Godbama
01-26-2016, 01:43 PM
Best guard since Jordan, tbh, best PG of my lifetime..hopefully he breaks an ankle or tears his ACL, though..

SuperCam
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
the white scrub aussie pg managed to keep him in check in the finals last year for a good while. you think mj or kobe would have let that happen? :lol

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 02:04 PM
All-time great point guard vs a French choke artist. Spurs never had a chance. The saddest thing is we're paying Porker more than Golden State is Curry.

SpursDynasty
01-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Tim Duncan was out. The game was played in GS.

Curry is no different than Devin Harris 2005-2006 Mavs ish.

testies
01-26-2016, 03:16 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 03:17 PM
I've never seen anyone like Curry...ever. And I'm old as shit. :coffee

He would be a joy to watch, if he wasn't in our damn way.

:bobo

ceperez
01-26-2016, 03:21 PM
I

Playoff time Green and Simmons should be ready to pester him like Dellavedova.

The problem with Parker or Mills is that teams have them switch after a screen. But you do notice in the game that Pop didn't really care that it happened. Tells you that Pop was treating it all as just a practice game.

aal04
01-26-2016, 03:40 PM
im 36. I saw prime MJ.

Stop talking about Delly stopping Curry.

2015 Curry was MVP. But in 2015, Harden was a legit contender and there was some sort of parity. A few people could slow him down.
2016 Curry is another player. I said that at the 15-20 game mark hes better than prime MJ, and its still true now. This is the greatest season in history.

The truth that people are ignoring is that 2015, 2014, and all the way back into 99, Tim Duncan has been our best player. Kawhi is too inconsistent and lacked an offensive game for the most part. Come 2016 season, and Tim has finally regressed and Kawhi is now our best player. And he still has those holes in his game.

Agloco
01-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Tim Duncan was out. The game was played in GS.

Curry is no different than Devin Harris 2005-2006 Mavs ish.

:lol

elbamba
01-26-2016, 03:57 PM
The rules of the game have changed and it has made for more exciting basketball and allows for even greater scoring impact for pgs. That said, Curry is he best shooter/scorer I have seen in my lifetime. What goes unsaid is that he probably is a top ten in dribbling. The man's skill with a basketball is unreal.

elbamba
01-26-2016, 03:58 PM
If no one is going to intimidate Curry, he's going to continue to fucking go off. Someone, ANYONE, needs to step up and give that faggot the hard foul he's begging for... sooner rather than later.

I'd rather the Spurs just play better team defense.

Darius McCrary
01-26-2016, 04:03 PM

THANK YOU

I been saying this since last year. Foul the fuck out of him put him on the freakin ground. Let's see him dance around and do those step-backs and floaters in the line if he's afraid of landing on someone's foot.

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Admins, I've been banned for over a year from making threads. Please forgive, this is absurd and ridiculous.:lol

Kikoluna
01-26-2016, 04:20 PM

Agree 100 percent. Where is Robert horry?

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 04:22 PM
Curry is maybe the best shooter ever but things are being blown out of proportion, this is not the best Spurs season ever nor the best Spurs incarnation and they are projecting like 70 wins, Warrefs are giving his all but there is no competition just 2 really good teams and thats it, and they are 2.5 games ahead of our team.
The other thing is dumbdumbs saying Kerr is a great coach because he is a product of Popīs tree (maybe his left ball) that clown almost loses the finals by having no plan at all ( shooty shoot ) and god took Irving out of the series and now heīs been out half a season and his team is having an historic run without him.

Buddy Mignon
01-26-2016, 04:24 PM
Pistol Pete

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Curry is able to avoid contact even when he drives to the basket. He can shoot quick floaters that hit the board high.
If he really gets those moving screen it can only help him look better.

It's a shame we have to suffer his performances instead of enjoying them.
Probably how the Knicks and Jazz fans felt when Jordan had the league under his feet.

Spurs are very unlucky to have this team and have to face one even better.

Spurs9
01-26-2016, 06:49 PM
Won't be able to sustain the same players on the team with salaries unless a bunch of them take paycuts in the future years.

Obstructed_View
01-26-2016, 06:53 PM

They got Barnes, Ezeli and Draymond in the same draft. In that order.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-26-2016, 07:07 PM
You have to guard him with a bigger player.

We were guarding him with our PG and switching when Patty and TP got rubbed. Kawhi and Green guarded him for only a handful of plays. They can fight over screens and bother his shots. He doesn't like Kawhi guarding him.

As it was, he would get West, Aldridge, or whoever on the switch and do that yo-yo back and forth dribble. He could get in the lane or find space for that crazy jumper. He tries that with Kawhi and every shot has to be a rainbow. Dance too much and Kawhi is going for his signature move. Green will just lean on him and try to wear him down.

I'm interested to see what Pop is willing to show in the last two months of the season.

Russ
01-26-2016, 07:59 PM
Curry suffers from the "Duncan Syndrome."

He's really good and really effective, but not that exciting.

Unusual to say this about a guard, as opposed to a big man, but Curry has made the high-end guard slot slightly sedate.

Bank shots (Duncan) and three-pointers (Curry) win titles but not fandom.

Jordan was the ultimate -- both effective (winning titles) and entertaining.

Curry and Duncan are all-time greats but may not be remembered quite as much by the casual fan.

Rev Hill
01-26-2016, 08:08 PM
It's not an excuse. They help.

Agree, as with the ability to blatantly carry the ball over and over again. Great shooter though no doubt.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Gilbert Arenas used to be the cockiest player in the league even when LeBron, Kobe, KG, Wade, T-Mac, Vince, Iverson, Baron Davis...etc were in their primes. He was James Harden w/ the heart of a Russell Westbrook. He absolutely torched Bowen in 3 quarters in a similar fashion to how Curry torched Porker: http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200511120WAS.html

You also have Jason Terry who has to be the most irrationally confident player who can actually play.:lol

3Sunf_m5wwo

u3aSEVtmSNw

YRQB68ygXOU

AjUo3ux6jZg

2nxbp7Nno1U

uKTJUAjrey8

2nxbp7Nno1U

Ice009
01-26-2016, 10:24 PM

He didn't completely luck into it. I mean sure, they made moves that have worked out so far, but they sucked when he got there. He stuck it out with them and has been rewarded for it.

r0drig0lac
01-27-2016, 04:21 AM
Curry suffers from the "Duncan Syndrome."

He's really good and really effective, but not that exciting.

Unusual to say this about a guard, as opposed to a big man, but Curry has made the high-end guard slot slightly sedate.

Bank shots (Duncan) and three-pointers (Curry) win titles but not fandom.

Jordan was the ultimate -- both effective (winning titles) and entertaining.

Curry and Duncan are all-time greats but may not be remembered quite as much by the casual fan.

wrong