PDA

View Full Version : LMA Deleted His Twitter & IG Accounts After Last Night's Loss

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 11:26 AM
After another lackluster performance in a big game lamarsha softridge gets heckled so bad he decides to commit social media suicide by deleting his twitter and instagram :rollin

This guy has always been a emotional head case, and here's yet another example.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 11:28 AM
:lmao

TDomination
01-26-2016, 11:35 AM
I hope he did. He needs to spend less time on Twitter and instagram more time at the practice facility or in the video room studying. He needs to get better.

Duncan can't be holding his hand the whole time and telling him everything, he needs to start figuring this out for himself. And if getting off social media helps, then i'm all for it.

Theres a fine line between great and elite. LMA is great at times, but he still lacks the focus and discipline to become elite IMO

Amuseddaysleeper
01-26-2016, 11:40 AM
If LMA isn't going to show up against the better teams the Spurs should look to trade him after next year.

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 11:43 AM
He hardly got on social media anyways :lol

Anyways, we're going to need LMAlpha to take over the team... Fuck this whole "this is Kawhi's team" thing, that beta was passive as fuck and got rattled.

We go as far as Lamarcus takes us

TheMulletMan3000
01-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Holly shit. Hope he is pissed. Gonna need him to show up next time.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Good, really its a sign that he is getting his shit together. I have seen how competitive LMA can be in the past. He played like a bitch last night. I really see this lighting a fire under him. He has been coasting, that has been obvious to all here. But he needs to start to step up. If last night's game doesn't get him going, nothing will. And I believe it will. This just shows he wants to get serious again.

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 11:46 AM

Anyways, we're going to need LMAlpha to take over the team... Fuck this whole "this is Kawhi's team" thing, that beta was passive as fuck and got rattled.

His career has been as a beta. He has never shown he could be a alpha. This is him

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 11:48 AM
He has always heavily relied on a pg to give him pick and pops in his comfort zone, lillard and andre miller both made this guy seem alot better than he actually is

LakerHater
01-26-2016, 11:50 AM
Mayb LMA is gonna want out!

sasaint
01-26-2016, 11:51 AM
I hope he did. He needs to spend less time on Twitter and instagram more time at the practice facility or in the video room studying. He needs to get better.

Duncan can't be holding his hand the whole time and telling him everything, he needs to start figuring this out for himself. And if getting off social media helps, then i'm all for it.

Theres a fine line between great and elite. LMA is great at times, but he still lacks the focus and discipline to become elite IMO

You are being very generous IMHO. I have yet to see a performance by LMA in a Spurs uniform that I would call "great."

hater
01-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Good for him. A step in the right direction.

We need LMAlpha because without hulim we are 2nd round exit at best

RD2191
01-26-2016, 11:52 AM

You're a fucking cock sucking retard. Remind me again how far LMA led teams have gone in the playoffs. Kawhi was the only player that got his last night.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 11:53 AM
His career has been as a beta. He has never shown he could be a alpha. This is him

sasaint
01-26-2016, 11:53 AM
Mayb LMA is gonna want out!

I think that is a possibility. These next few games will be interesting to see how he responds personally to the disaster on the bay.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 11:54 AM
The fact that he even considered the Suns shows that he's not really serious about winning. Fuck that clown.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-26-2016, 11:55 AM

What about the Rocket's series. LMA can be an offensive force and is extremely aggressive one. But with the spread the wealth offense the Spurs have, LMA has really put 100% effort offensively for the season. Now, and especially against the undersized Warriors, he needs to. And he's proven he can score against them.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201411020POR.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504090GSW.html

hater
01-26-2016, 11:55 AM
You're a fucking cock sucking retard. Remind me again how far LMA led teams have gone in the playoffs. Kawhi was the only player that got his last night.

KawhiMVP carried his team to a 30 pt loss last night :rolleyes

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 11:56 AM
I hope he's pissed right now.

Because I'm not impressed with his play when he's not.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 11:58 AM
KawhiMVP carried his team to a 30 pt loss last night :rolleyes

Hard to carry a team when Parker and LMA are tossing up brick after brick and turning the ball over. Besides D West who was the other player that could score on his own last night? That's right, Kawhi.

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Such a poor attempt at a troll but I'll bite. He was a Top 5 scorer in his previous 5 seasons and his franchise passed on Durant :lol You should know how he felt having an injury plagued guard on the bench rehabilitating... You've seen them with Granger and Paul George

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 12:02 PM
Not really surprising, tbh..he is known for being soft and mentally weak, anybody that has followed the NBA is aware of this..his only success in meaningful games came against Terrence Jones, one of the worst defensive bigs in the NBA..he was completely embarrassed against an old and slow Zach Randolph in last year's playoffs, literally one of the worst series' you'll ever see for a star player..

Let's hope his mentality changes with the Spurs, he's learning from some of the greatest winners in NBA history..it may take longer than 1 season, though, as Chinook said in the other thread, but there's hope that the change of culture could help him overcome his fears in big moments..

Kool Bob Love
01-26-2016, 12:04 PM

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Last year was Kiwi's first truly led team and he led us to a first round exit. He gets rattled. Admit it. You were going at him for playing like a bitch in the game thread, so I know you ain't blind

skut_farkus
01-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Not really surprising, tbh..he is known for being soft and mentally weak, anybody that has followed the NBA is aware of this..his only success in meaningful games came against Terrence Jones, one of the worst defensive bigs in the NBA..he was completely embarrassed against an old and slow Zach Randolph in last year's playoffs, literally one of the worst series' you'll ever see for a star player..

Let's hope his mentality changes with the Spurs, he's learning from some of the greatest winners in NBA history..it may take longer than 1 season, though, as Chinook said in the other thread, but there's hope that the change of culture could help him overcome his fears in big moments..

I swear you are the only other poster besides me who saw this coming :lol

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Remind me again who took the most shot attempts against the Clips? Remind me again who got outplayed by Austin "MVP" Rivers? Oh and remind me again how far a LMA led team has gone in the playoffs? I'll wait.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:07 PM

Idk about all that. I called it when we traded Tiago.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Isn't it funny how Kool Shit Love and Supercat only show up when Kawhi has a bad game?:lol nolyfe and his 75 alts. :lol

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 12:09 PM

I was 100% in favor of the Spurs signing him and I still am, but I was fully aware that he's the big man Carmelo, though..I had hope the Spurs culture could change him..hopefully it will, there's still time, but I'm skeptical..

There were others that were in favor of the signing, but not fans of Aldridge IIRC(Elnono isn't a fan of his game, IIRC, for example), I wasn't the only one..Johnny Ringo dislikes Aldridge almost as much as he dislikes Parker:lol

I just find it stupid that anybody would call him an "alpha":lol..he's the complete opposite of that..

TheMulletMan3000
01-26-2016, 12:21 PM
LMA is a very efficient mid range shooter (1PPP) and that's the shot almost every team gives (remember Portland vs Houston in the playoffs when idiots from Houston gave him wide open long 2's?). Pop will figure how to use him efficiently. He first has to see what works and what does not. He's vital to Spurs success. It's kinda good that this loss got him out of his comfort zone (I hope so).

midnightpulp
01-26-2016, 12:22 PM
I was 100% in favor of the Spurs signing him and I still am, but I was fully aware that he's the big man Carmelo, though..I had hope the Spurs culture could change him..hopefully it will, there's still time, but I'm skeptical..

There are others that were in favor of the signing, but not fans of Aldridge IIRC(Elnono isn't a fan of his game, IIRC, for example)..

I just find it stupid that anybody would call him an "alpha":lol..he's the complete opposite of that..

And that's what this team needs from a interior spacing perspective. The main complaint last year was the Tim/Tiago/Baynes lineups affecting spacing for Kawhi and other wings. We have that spacing now (although not to the extent of other teams who have real stretch 4s that can shoot 3s), and it's worked for the most part all season. We also get the added bonus of LMA playing hard defensively and being an above average rebounder.

The Warriors have such a massive advantage on the perimeter, I don't think the signing of any one big is enough to offset that.

cd98
01-26-2016, 12:23 PM
I've defended this guy here a bunch. But his wobbly-knee performance is inexcusable as a vet. And we thought we got rid of that by trading Splitter.

01-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Aldridge doesn't need to be an alpha, he just needs to adapt to the Pau/Garnett/Bosh role. The alpha of the team is the motion offense. But sadly Aldridge just still hasn't fully integrated into the offense now and just looks uncomfortable out there. He doesn't know when to shoot, when to pass, or when to post up. This results in ugly shots and turnovers. Aldridge needs to figure it out and Pop needs to help him.

skulls138
01-26-2016, 12:28 PM

We go as far as Lamarcus takes usOr start the Boban experiment but yeah, LMA is the more natural scorer and needs to fill that role soon

skulls138
01-26-2016, 12:30 PM
I've defended this guy here a bunch. But his wobbly-knee performance is inexcusable as a vet. And we thought we got rid of that by trading Splitter.Spiltter wasnt wobbly kneed, he just wasnt meant to be an offensive presence in the post.

From Downtown
01-26-2016, 12:33 PM
I believe in him

ElNono
01-26-2016, 12:35 PM
There were others that were in favor of the signing, but not fans of Aldridge IIRC(Elnono isn't a fan of his game, IIRC, for example), I wasn't the only one..

Always called him Softridge when in Portland, it would've been hypocritical to change my tune because he was a Spur... he's definitely a positive against 90% of the teams in the league, but I feel he still needs TD to hold his hand against the tougher teams, tbh... that's why I'm bearish with the team's prospect once Tim/Manu retires...

He does has my full support though, as a Spur, I want him to do great, step and up and prove me wrong, tbh...

loveforthegame
01-26-2016, 12:38 PM

You're right.

LMA set a truly inspiring example last night on how to defend, rebound, abuse Green in the post, draw fouls, and lead the team. No rattle in him.

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 01:31 PM
Normally don't give two shits about stuff like this, but it appears he didn't like the scrutiny he was getting on Twitter and Instagram last night (his mentions were blowing up) and deleted both accounts altogether. Probably not even worth mentioning, but I figured someone would start this thread eventually. Looks bad to some but I'm glad he did it tbh. He wasn't a big social media guy anyways. Never posted much.

SpursFan86
01-26-2016, 01:38 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256578

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 01:41 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256578

Ah shit my b. Missed it. Mods pls delete.

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 01:48 PM
Isn't it funny how Kool Shit Love and Supercat only show up when Kawhi has a bad game?:lol nolyfe and his 75 alts. :lol:lol

SuperCam
01-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Last year was Kiwi's first truly led team and he led us to a first round exit. He gets rattled. Admit it. You were going at him for playing like a bitch in the game thread, so I know you ain't blind

Kiwi getting shook by matt barnes, and by ladyboy curry last night smh. nig has a beautiful black body like a tank but becomes charmin soft in crunchtime

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 01:55 PM
You're right.

LMA set a truly inspiring example last night on how to defend, rebound, abuse Green in the post, draw fouls, and lead the team. No rattle in him.

Not sure why anybody takes GreatFaggot seriously anymore. Retard shoulda been permabanned after saying Avery Johnson is better than David Robinson.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Kiwi getting shook by matt barnes, and by ladyboy curry last night smh. nig has a beautiful black body like a tank but becomes charmin soft in crunchtime

Not sure if Avantes troll or Donald Sterling...

Johnny RIngo
01-26-2016, 02:00 PM
LMA is the more natural scorer and needs to fill that role soon

Averaging 20+ on extremely poor efficiency is not what this team needs. That's LMA's playoff career in a nutshell. Dude sucks as an offensive anchor.

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Always called him Softridge when in Portland, it would've been hypocritical to change my tune because he was a Spur... he's definitely a positive against 90% of the teams in the league, but I feel he still needs TD to hold his hand against the tougher teams, tbh... that's why I'm bearish with the team's prospect once Tim/Manu retires...

He does has my full support though, as a Spur, I want him to do great, step and up and prove me wrong, tbh...
Me too. I criticize guys whose play of late may frustrate me, like my Danny "rants?". But I never want these guys to do badly and I don't even think we trade him, even though some fans are sounding the alarm. bc we only have the one season, or two at most with this core, and Tim/Manu are old and we still have a winning record. We are not the CAVS who fired Blatt after a beating by GSW. We are not reactionary like that.

Instead Spurs historically rally from adversity, harden and get tougher. LMA has bought into everything Pop has sold him. The team play: check, the defensive effort: check, passing the ball: Ok not talented, but I try, check!. Now rising from adversity is the next check I want to see. I don't know if we will see. Boban's play in garbage time was inspiring, mistakes and all. I believe that is why Pop was enthused with Simmons, his fire was inspiring mistakes and all. We need to see Lamarcus force up the issue as well. Heck, we saw Anderson force some shit up. lol At least this game he wasn't intimidated by Draymond.

Our backcourt situation is a concern, and will be more so next season. Enjoy this team while it lasts.

bic50
01-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Isn't it funny how Kool Shit Love and Supercat only show up when Kawhi has a bad game?:lol nolyfe and his 75 alts. :lol

greatcuck and those other clowns are the very definition of beta.

bic50
01-26-2016, 02:13 PM
You're right.

:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 02:15 PM

There were others that were in favor of the signing, but not fans of Aldridge IIRC(Elnono isn't a fan of his game, IIRC, for example), I wasn't the only one..Johnny Ringo dislikes Aldridge almost as much as he dislikes Parker:lol

Didn't y'all vouch for LMA over Gasol/Lopez?:lol Even if he's a mediocre post-up player like LMA, Gasol can affect the game w/ his passing ala Diaw & Brook Lopez is one of the best postup players in the league.

bic50
01-26-2016, 02:19 PM
I believe aldridge will be fine though. Warriors kicked our ass. No excuses and it's humbled us a bit. They are legit and we need to really get focused to beat them.

bic50
01-26-2016, 02:25 PM
I can only see this as a good thing tbh.

LongtimeSpursFan
01-26-2016, 02:26 PM

You have a healthy obsession for cock sucking.

TheMulletMan3000
01-26-2016, 02:28 PM
I can only see this as a good thing tbh.

me to.

Budkin
01-26-2016, 02:31 PM

spursistan
01-26-2016, 02:31 PM
the pressure cooker of playing in Sa Antonio and competing for chips..Hope this is not the other part of him which was torn between us and the freaking Suns..

RD2191
01-26-2016, 02:32 PM
You have a healthy obsession for cock sucking.

Leave your mother out of this.

siraulo23
01-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Damn :lol

BillMc
01-26-2016, 03:44 PM
Bet we could trade him for Blake Griffin about now. :lol

K...
01-26-2016, 04:19 PM
Bet we could trade him for Blake Griffin about now. :lol

Easier to just give them kawhi. Instant gsw killer team.

Buddy Mignon
01-26-2016, 04:23 PM

Wow... you're a dumbass. Great is superior to elite... and Larmasha is associated with neither.

daslicer
01-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Will see how he does during the playoffs before tearing him to shreds.

Spurs9
01-26-2016, 04:27 PM
Getting beat down this bad is probably the best thing to happen to us tbh If you are always coasting you won't know how to deal with adversity, I rather have us get smoked by 30 now than later on when we thought we are the 1st or 2nd best team.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 04:30 PM

Anything is possible, they took Danny Green from the streets and now he has a Finals record on 3 pointers.
Or maybe his son cried and said ¨Yo Lamilton, why are they laughing at you so bad? thought you were my nigga¨ kid was disappointed.

DisAsTerBot
01-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Maybe it's so he can focus better ???

DisAsTerBot
01-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Maybe he's trying to be more like Tim ???

tholdren
01-26-2016, 09:40 PM
One game, who cares, kl doesn't close games either

Ice009
01-26-2016, 09:51 PM
The Warriors have such a massive advantage on the perimeter, I don't think the signing of any one big is enough to offset that.

Do you mean out of current players? I think Demarcus Cousins could probably do better against the Warriors if he was on our team last night instead of Aldridge last night. I think you need a big that can shoot a little bit and that also has a post game to punish the Warriors inside. LMA just doesn't seem to have any kind of post game whatsoever. I thought he could play in the post a little bit, but it doesn't look like he can. Not too happy with him at this point. Fucking pathetic performance against both the Cavs and Warriors. Those are two games I wanted to see him step up in, but he didn't in either game.

Ice009
01-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Kawhi's main problem is mental. I saw it in the Clippers series last season. He didn't have the mental toughness or fearlessness needed in crunch time to be the alpha. Also, as Midnightpulp mentioned in another thread the other day, he also just doesn't have that elite athleticism to finish at the rim. He pulls up too often after taking only one of two dribbles and either passes it back out or takes a shot. I'm not sure if that is a ball handling problem or just a lack of hops to be able to finish at the rim. Like Midnight said, a lot of his finishes also seem to be below the rim, which makes it harder for him to finish when he does get into the lane. I really wanted Kawhi to be someone who could take it to the rack and finish or draw fouls. Not sure if he can be that player?

I think that is why Pop plays Simmons so much, there's just no-one on this team that can penetrate and finish or draw fouls consistently like Tony and Manu used to do. Tim could also finish or draw fouls at will in his prime too. We need that kind of player. I think it would help take this team to another level. Unless you're Curry, I'm not sure relying on jumpshots is the way to to go if you want to win it all.

daslicer
01-26-2016, 10:05 PM
It's good for him to tune out all the haters. There is no point of him being on twitter or social media to see how many haters he has coming at him.

AZK619
01-26-2016, 11:00 PM

That beta you call-out, was the only player that showed up. LMA played like a pussy ass bitch. Got punked by Raymond, now deletes his twitter and IG because he couldn't take the pressure of fans who demand championship performances. :lol

That's some beta shit, if I've ever seen it. Instead of stepping up and saying that he played like garbage and that this won't happen again next time they meet, hides like a little girl. He's already shouldering all the blame on Kawhi, " its his team" talk. Beta as fuck. :downspin:

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 11:26 PM
That beta you call-out, was the only player that showed up. LMA played like a pussy ass bitch. Got punked by Raymond, now deletes his twitter and IG because he couldn't take the pressure of fans who demand championship performances. :lol

That's some beta shit, if I've ever seen it. Instead of stepping up and saying that he played like garbage and that this won't happen again next time they meet, hides like a little girl. He's already shouldering all the blame on Kawhi, " its his team" talk. Beta as fuck. :downspin:
That beta I called out had two made field goals in the first half. He started padding his stats once we were down 20+ in the 3rd quarter.

This nigga got dropped in the biggest game of the season, and he was only on Curry for a couple of minutes :wow

He said it was Kiwi's team a week ago when they were on a 10+ win streak, dipshit :lol Props to LMAlpha trying to get some confidence into our beta SF

afireinside20
01-26-2016, 11:37 PM
Aldridge will be fine

DeRozan m8
01-27-2016, 04:39 AM

I just assumed everyone had TGY on their ignore list by now, thought he was talking to no one these days hahah

DenialTwist
01-27-2016, 05:56 AM
FUCK ESPN and T.H.T.V big.wos and amin trolling, calling TD a statue, overrated on defense and LMA and Kawhi horrible players. I didn't know a guy like wos, selling mixtapes in NY, could become a regular podcaster on ESPN. They tagged LMA & kawhi on their twitter account then deleted it. Cowards.

dbreiden83080
01-27-2016, 06:37 AM
I feel like he came in and was stunned that Leonard was this good, and he has been weirdly passive in response. It was like he said, "oh wait I won't be the man here. Now what"??

james evans
01-27-2016, 06:57 AM
i see we dont have many "fans" on this site. More like bandwagon fans. When we start losing, this forum will lose 75% of it's members. We have lost 7 games out of 45 and the season is supposedly over:lol . How do you guys think I feel about ECU basketball in which I've been a fan of my whole life? Since I've been alive, we have only had 10 winning seasons and we suck this year, but I still go to the games, talk to the players, that I know personally, and say, "we're gonna get better and we're going to the NCAA tournament this year"(that we haven't seen since 1993 when I was in high school). But we won the CIT in 2013 and everyone was fans again. Coliseum packed and everything. We suck again, and the seats are empty. It's people like most of the posters here and Arizona Cardinal fans why Athletes don't fuck with the fanbase.

Aside from that rant, I think Alrdige should catch and shoot when we play the Warriors again. Green knows, just like all of us, that he's gonna use that slow pump fake and try to get a foul or go around him. If he catch and shoots on the first 3 shots, even if he misses, Green will go for the pump fake on the 4th. U can't just catch and pump fake every time you get the ball, people will catch onto that. One he gets Green to commit to his jumper, Green is at his mercy.

Capt Bringdown
01-27-2016, 07:31 AM
Richard Jefferson and now this clown.

spursparker9
01-27-2016, 07:34 AM
He is turning into RJ version 2

Reck
01-27-2016, 08:31 AM
Beta move but at least it should benefit him. Maybe instead of taking selfies and adding gay filtering to pictures he can focus 100%.

Shouldnt had happened anyways. Athletes in general should step away from that sort of shit.

Uriel
01-27-2016, 08:53 AM
I don't understand why Aldridge is getting so much flak for this. Lots of NBA players deactivate their social media accounts during the playoffs, when they know they have to focus. The fact that Aldridge is doing this now after that horrible loss at Golden State speaks volumes about how motivated he's become to redeem himself for his subpar performance.

lefty
01-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Wow what a mental midget tbh

SPurm material tbh

lefty
01-27-2016, 08:57 AM
That beta I called out had two made field goals in the first half. He started padding his stats once we were down 20+ in the 3rd quarter.

This nigga got dropped in the biggest game of the season, and he was only on Curry for a couple of minutes :wow

He said it was Kiwi's team a week ago when they were on a 10+ win streak, dipshit :lol Props to LMAlpha trying to get some confidence into our beta SF
If he can do that to Kiwi, imagine what he can do to Parker :wow

RD2191
01-27-2016, 09:02 AM
:lmao

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2016, 09:11 AM

Well that's the thing. If the Spurs had defenders worth a damn at the PG spot Kawhi wouldn't even be in that position. He's a freakin SF. Point guards are supposed to be quicker and more agile than him.

TDomination
01-27-2016, 09:15 AM
Wow... I'm a dumbass. Great is superior to elite... and Larmasha is associated with neither.

FIFY

And oh yeah, i forgot. I guess Michael Jordan was a great player where as Scottie Pippen was elite. Thanks for the lesson bro

Spurs 4 The Win
01-27-2016, 09:19 AM
I don't understand why Aldridge is getting so much flak for this. Lots of NBA players deactivate their social media accounts during the playoffs, when they know they have to focus. The fact that Aldridge is doing this now after that horrible loss at Golden State speaks volumes about how motivated he's become to redeem himself for his subpar performance.

This

UZER
01-27-2016, 09:27 AM

Kawhi slipped on the first cut.

And that's one of those plays I'm talking about where you go for the block but just come down full force on top of him. So what its a foul. Put a little doubt in his head that it could happen again. Curry does not like physical play. And this will be really effective in a playoff series as the games go on.

Atl Spur
01-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Danny Green should take note........... And furthermore, LMA will be just fine; quit being prisoners of the moment! Blowouts happen both ways.... same as last year. Let the season play out.

Atl Spur
01-27-2016, 09:37 AM
And by no means should anyone let facts stand in the way.......

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2016, 09:37 AM

This is nothing new, are we gonna act like Monta didn't have Kawhi on skates during the 2014 series along w/ Kyrie last season?:lol

RD2191
01-27-2016, 09:46 AM

This is nothing new, are we gonna act like Monta didn't have Kawhi on skates during the 2014 series along w/ Kyrie last season?:lol
Remember when a d leaguer destroyed tony porker? :lmao

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2016, 09:50 AM
Danny Green should take note........... And furthermore, LMA will be just fine; quit being prisoners of the moment! Blowouts happen both ways.... same as last year. Let the season play out.

I'm not sure LMA will be fine. I see a lot of Carlos Boozer in him. He's a finesse PF that would rather be a SG. He can be bullied off the block by smaller players (Draymond Green wasn't the first to do this and won't be the last) and when LMA actually does catch the ball around the paint he goes up softer than a wet roll of Charmin.

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2016, 10:00 AM
I'm not sure LMA will be fine. I see a lot of Carlos Boozer in him. He's a finesse PF that would rather be a SG. He can be bullied off the block by smaller players (Draymond Green wasn't the first to do this and won't be the last) and when LMA actually does catch the ball around the paint he goes up softer than a wet roll of Charmin.

His issue was he was trying to dribble towards the middle & go for a running hook instead of sticking to his bread-&-butter on his post-ups (right shoulder fadeaway from the baseline). Based on his post-game quotes ("I thought I had a match-up":lol), he probably wanted to take it to Draymond trying to prove that he can't guard him but he has now learned his lesson.:lol

Tim's high-low passing should also set him up for easy baskets otherwise he couldn't even score on Z-Bo when he tried to go middle.:lol

Boozer's go-to move was putting his head down then driving while screaming for a foul ("And-1!").:lol

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2016, 10:11 AM
His issue was he was trying to dribble towards the middle & go for a running hook instead of sticking to his bread-&-butter on his post-ups (right shoulder fadeaway from the baseline). Based on his post-game quotes ("I thought I had a match-up":lol), he probably wanted to take it to Draymond trying to prove that he can't guard him but he has now learned his lesson.:lol

Tim's high-low passing should also set him up for easy baskets otherwise he couldn't even score on Z-Bo when he tried to go middle.:lol

Boozer's go-to move was putting his head down then driving while screaming for a foul ("And-1!").:lol

No one disgusted me more than Boozer when he played for the Bulls. He seemed more concerned with yelling than making the damn shot. Pau does this too but he only has one gorilla yell. Boozer had so many phrases. The infamous "AND ONE!!", "AAAAAAAH GET IN THERE BALL", "EYYYYYYY", "GODDAMMMMMM", etc.

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2016, 10:12 AM

I agree.. he seems to go away from what has always worked for him and be too soft when he gets position inside.
I don't think anybody wants him to be another Splitter around the basket.

I've always wonder if Pop told him his moves were ineffective..

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2016, 10:48 AM
I agree.. he seems to go away from what has always worked for him and be too soft when he gets position inside.
I don't think anybody wants him to be another Splitter around the basket.

I've always wonder if Pop told him his moves were ineffective..

Pop is the type of coach that lets the players learn by making mistakes rather than telling them what not to do. He just tries to put them in a position to succeed but you can lead a camel to water but you can't make it drink.:lol If it was a playoff game then he might have benched him (like Porker in 2010) but it's just January.

lefty
01-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Remember when a d leaguer destroyed tony porker? :lmao
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/op9humve.Nj63rroBeVthw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTM3NztpbD1wbGFuZTtweG 9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz02NzA-/http://media.zenfs.com/es/News/efe.es/20150503-635662208756333885w.jpg

ceperez
01-27-2016, 11:39 AM

You get paid the big bucks to deliver. He did not deliver.

I expect him to deliver otherwise I expect him to be traded.

GSH
01-27-2016, 12:05 PM
You get paid the big bucks to deliver. He did not deliver.

I expect him to deliver otherwise I expect him to be traded.

I don't understand. Why don't you just fire Pop and trade Aldridge already? What are you waiting for?

ceperez
01-27-2016, 12:11 PM
I don't understand. Why don't you just fire Pop and trade Aldridge already? What are you waiting for?

Expectations of a fan are different from having control of the Spurs budget. Pop is doing fine. Aldridge is a different matter. I guess by your standards he's met your expectations.

GSH
01-27-2016, 12:21 PM
Expectations of a fan are different from having control of the Spurs budget. Pop is doing fine. Aldridge is a different matter. I guess by your standards he's met your expectations.

He got his ass handed to him last game, along with everyone else on the team. No doubt about it. He didn't turn the ball over 25 times - that was a team effort. When Pop's first play out of halftime is an LMA corner 3, it says the whole team was in disarray.

The Spurs are better than any team in the league, except Golden State. Any other year, they would be an odds-on bet to win it all. LMA has been a solid part of that, and a big addition defensively. So, no, I don't "expect" him to be traded.

There's no one they could trade for that would be an upgrade to the team, so trading him would amount to blowing it up. The Spurs will either get better, and challenge GS for the West, or they won't.

ceperez
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
He got his ass handed to him last game, along with everyone else on the team. No doubt about it. He didn't turn the ball over 25 times - that was a team effort. When Pop's first play out of halftime is an LMA corner 3, it says the whole team was in disarray.

The Spurs are better than any team in the league, except Golden State. Any other year, they would be an odds-on bet to win it all. LMA has been a solid part of that, and a big addition defensively. So, no, I don't "expect" him to be traded.

There's no one they could trade for that would be an upgrade to the team, so trading him would amount to blowing it up. The Spurs will either get better, and challenge GS for the West, or they won't.

We both agree he does suck then?

Let's see how he does against the Rockets. In your case, you wouldn't trade him if he continued to suck. That's where we disagree.

Mnky
01-27-2016, 01:29 PM

Good points. Dont worry about the 1 game trial fans.

tonight...you
01-27-2016, 05:24 PM
The fact that he even considered the Suns shows that he's not really serious about winning.
I edited the FTC, because this team needs him this year like it, or not, but yeah. You nailed it.
Old boy needs his balls to drop, or get them kicked really, really hard.

Really hard.

Like Bruce Lee on steroidmethamphetaminerage hard.

That hard.

Agloco
01-27-2016, 06:40 PM
The fact that he even considered the Suns shows that he's not really serious about winning. Fuck that clown.

This. That faggot can keep on choking on enchiladas.

TheGreatYacht
01-27-2016, 07:03 PM
This. That faggot can keep on choking on enchiladas.
Bend over, I'll show you an enchilada you can choke on faggot.

BatManu20
01-28-2016, 12:04 AM

BatManu20
01-28-2016, 12:08 AM
SAN ANTONIO– LaMarcus Aldridge said his decision to delete his Twitter account had nothing to do with the Spurs’ 30-point loss to the Warriors on Monday.

“I just wanted to lock in on my season right now, it had nothing to do with that game,” Aldridge said following Wednesday’s 130-99 win over the Houston Rockets.

Aldridge’s account was deactivated after the forward had just five points on two-for-six shooting, one rebound and three turnovers against the Warriors.

“It’s not anything about the game,” Aldridge said. “It’s a new adventure for me. I’ve never been in this system, with this team. I’ve never been on a top 2 team in the West.”

Aldridge chose to sign with the Spurs in July, picking San Antonio over multiple other suitors. He went from averaging 23.8 points and 10.4 rebounds with the Portland Trail Blazers last season, to averaging 19.1 points and 10.7 rebounds with the Spurs.

It may be a small sample size, but so far Aldridge’s separation with Twitter has been fruitful. He had a game-high 25 points on nine-for-13 shooting, 10 rebounds and five assists against the Rockets, helping the Spurs remain undefeated (25-0) at AT&T Center this season.

“I wanted to be better than I was the last game,” Aldridge said. “I wanted to have a better rhythm and try to put my stamp on the game. I was trying to be more in tune to the game, for sure.”

Spurs 4 The Win
01-28-2016, 12:40 AM
SAN ANTONIO– LaMarcus Aldridge said his decision to delete his Twitter account had nothing to do with the Spurs’ 30-point loss to the Warriors on Monday.

“I just wanted to lock in on my season right now, it had nothing to do with that game,” Aldridge said following Wednesday’s 130-99 win over the Houston Rockets.

Aldridge’s account was deactivated after the forward had just five points on two-for-six shooting, one rebound and three turnovers against the Warriors.

“It’s not anything about the game,” Aldridge said. “It’s a new adventure for me. I’ve never been in this system, with this team. I’ve never been on a top 2 team in the West.”

Aldridge chose to sign with the Spurs in July, picking San Antonio over multiple other suitors. He went from averaging 23.8 points and 10.4 rebounds with the Portland Trail Blazers last season, to averaging 19.1 points and 10.7 rebounds with the Spurs.

It may be a small sample size, but so far Aldridge’s separation with Twitter has been fruitful. He had a game-high 25 points on nine-for-13 shooting, 10 rebounds and five assists against the Rockets, helping the Spurs remain undefeated (25-0) at AT&T Center this season.

“I wanted to be better than I was the last game,” Aldridge said. “I wanted to have a better rhythm and try to put my stamp on the game. I was trying to be more in tune to the game, for sure.”

I bet Pop laid into him after the Golden State loss along with Green and told them to shit or get off the pot. Because look at West, that man is focused, laser focused, showed up big against the warriors. About time we see Aldridge take winning a championship seriously. He has no idea how to win one and probably thought he could just coast and come along for the ride and then reality hit him after the GS loss. He has to be big for us or there is no title, I think he realizes that now.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 01:11 AM
Nice response game from LMA :tu

Too many posters on here on being results oriented with regard to the fact that his signing didn't put us on the level of the Warriors, but the Spurs aren't sitting on this record with Tiago in street clothes or even a healthy Tiago killing spacing and clanking that jump hook he throws from his chest.

Will LMA fold against the Dubs? It's very probable. But the alternative would have been keeping Tiago and losing in the 1st or 2nd round. And then whiffing on future free agents, per par, while Kawhi's prime rots away playing with 2nd round projects and Euros.

daslicer
01-28-2016, 01:25 AM

Too many posters on here on being results oriented with regard to the fact that his signing didn't put us on the level of the Warriors, but the Spurs aren't sitting on this record with Tiago in street clothes or even a healthy Tiago killing spacing and clanking that jump hook he throws from his chest.

Will LMA fold against the Dubs? It's very probable. But the alternative would have been keeping Tiago and losing in the 1st or 2nd round. And then whiffing on future free agents, per par, while Kawhi's prime rots away playing with 2nd round projects and Euros.

Agreed nobody expected the Warriors to be on pace to break the 72 win record this year. It's not LMA's fault he can't make the spurs into a 70 plus win team.

TheDoctor
01-28-2016, 09:00 AM

“I just wanted to lock in on my season right now, it had nothing to do with that game,”....

:lmao LaSharkus insulting the reporters and fans intelligence tbh. No one doubts that he disabled the account in order to focus better, but to say that it had nothing to do with his performance vs the Worriers is extremely stupid. Who does he think we are?

If he had said: "You know, ehh, yes, you know, I understand that I wasn't on par, you know, with the performance that my team expected from me, you know, vs a great opponent like the Worriers you know. In order, you know, to achieve my goals and the focus that I need to up my game, you know, I decided to deactivate, you know, my social media accounts for the remaining of the season. You know, so, ehh, it's good, you know." LMA would've received all the respect in the World.
But I'm glad he played GREAT last night. :flag:

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 09:08 AM
LMA doesn't have to say the reason. Those are his and his alone. He is telling you why. HE WANTS TO FOCUS. As a fan, that is good enough for me. I don't care what made someone turn the corner, just the fact they are is all I want to see.

ceperez
01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
I bet Pop laid into him after the Golden State loss along with Green and told them to shit or get off the pot. Because look at West, that man is focused, laser focused, showed up big against the warriors. About time we see Aldridge take winning a championship seriously. He has no idea how to win one and probably thought he could just coast and come along for the ride and then reality hit him after the GS loss. He has to be big for us or there is no title, I think he realizes that now.

I agree about the need for focus. He was a more focused against Houston, he needs to do that and more.

ceperez
01-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Agreed nobody expected the Warriors to be on pace to break the 72 win record this year. It's not LMA's fault he can't make the spurs into a 70 plus win team.

No, but its his fault for not focusing on basketball for half a season.

ceperez
01-28-2016, 09:29 AM

The point was never whether he was better than Tiago or not. Obviously he is simply due to fact that he isn't as injury prone and more talented.

The damn issue has always been his attitude. With that deactivation of his Twitter and IG accounts, at least there is some confirmation that he intends on focusing on the game.

It honestly is B*llshit because he should have been focusing on day one like David West. However, I'll take any additional new effort versus none at all. He made more effort against the Rockets, but he's still got a long way to go to become a defender even remote close to Duncan.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 09:30 AM
No, but its his fault for not focusing on basketball for half a season.

LMA was focusing on becoming a better defender the 1st half of the season. So that is why I wasn't upset about him playing timid on offense. But the Spurs need for him to play like the old LMA against teams like the Clips, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, OKC etc.

Mission accomplished, LMA has immensely improved his D. Now its time for him to get his offensive game back to where it was last year. Last night was a good step in that direction.

ceperez
01-28-2016, 09:49 AM
LMA was focusing on becoming a better defender the 1st half of the season. So that is why I wasn't upset about him playing timid on offense. But the Spurs need for him to play like the old LMA against teams like the Clips, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, OKC etc.

Mission accomplished, LMA has immensely improved his D. Now its time for him to get his offensive game back to where it was last year. Last night was a good step in that direction.

Unlike Leonard where you can see a remarkable improvement in the way he plays the game, with LMA the difference is intensity and not any skill improvements.

He's got the same length as Duncan but you can see that on defense he can't react as quickly to defend a driving layup.

LMA has a got a ton of talent and he wastes it away because he isn't working hard enough. I'm just glad Spurs were blown away by the Dubs because it sends a message to LMA that his coasting isn't going to cut the mustard. He's got to work hard every game just like every other player on the Spurs team.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 09:57 AM
Unlike Leonard where you can see a remarkable improvement in the way he plays the game, with LMA the difference is intensity and not any skill improvements.

He's got the same length as Duncan but you can see that on defense he can't react as quickly to defend a driving layup.

LMA has a got a ton of talent and he wastes it away because he isn't working hard enough. I'm just glad Spurs were blown away by the Dubs because it sends a message to LMA that his coasting isn't going to cut the mustard. He's got to work hard every game just like every other player on the Spurs team.

That has everything to do with the Fact that Duncan has one of the highest BB IQ ever, I have him and Bird as the top 2 ever.

Duncan can see a play before it develops. LMA is more a reaction type of defender. But even then, his D is world's better than it was last year.

TheDoctor
01-28-2016, 10:02 AM
That has everything to do with the Fact that Duncan has one of the highest BB IQ ever, I have him and Bird as the top 2 ever.

Duncan can see a play before it develops. LMA is more a reaction type of defender. But even then, his D is world's better than it was last year.

Yup, can't teach genetics. The reflexes, timing, vision... So the comparison its a bit unfair. Top 5 player ever >>>>>>>>>.

ceperez
01-28-2016, 10:13 AM

That's just it though, it is about being mentally engaged and making an effort to observe how plays develop. Duncan just has the ability to have his hands in the right place to block a shot. He moves them in place before the ball even gets there.

Aldridge doesn't even have his hands up and is like just waiting to see where the ball is going to go. There's no anticipation. I don't know if that can be taught. But it certainly can't be taught if the player is taking a mental nap while he's on the court.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 10:43 AM
That's just it though, it is about being mentally engaged and making an effort to observe how plays develop. Duncan just has the ability to have his hands in the right place to block a shot. He moves them in place before the ball even gets there.

Aldridge doesn't even have his hands up and is like just waiting to see where the ball is going to go. There's no anticipation. I don't know if that can be taught. But it certainly can't be taught if the player is taking a mental nap while he's on the court.

Defense can be taught. Game plans is basically coaches going over with players like LMA on how to defend players and opposing teams sets. That is why most players need coaches. Duncan is just one of those few players that is a coach in himself.

That is why I am not too concern. I am really anticipating Saturday's game to see if LMA can follow up his performance.

TheGreatYacht
01-28-2016, 11:20 AM
ceperez doing ceperez things :lmao

ceperez
01-28-2016, 12:32 PM
Defense can be taught. Game plans is basically coaches going over with players like LMA on how to defend players and opposing teams sets. That is why most players need coaches. Duncan is just one of those few players that is a coach in himself.

That is why I am not too concern. I am really anticipating Saturday's game to see if LMA can follow up his performance.

I agree in that he's got to start being more consistent with his effort. With LMA it is not a question about whether he can contribute, it is more a question of whether he makes the effort to contribute. He has the length and the talent, it has just the focus that has been lacking.

Glad he noticed the fans complain enough that he shutdown his instagram and twitter account.

SAGirl
01-28-2016, 11:23 PM

I bet that was on advice of others in the team...teammates? coach?
I suspect he was upset first with himself for his performance, then aggravated by all the distraction from the media and such.

It is better for him to tune out the criticism and concentrate on the team's goals. I say good for him.