PDA

View Full Version : Injury Report: Duncan Out Again Tomorrow Night vs Rockets

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Gonna be another tough game without Timmy. Fully expect Harden to attack the paint early and often. Luckily we're at home.

honestfool84
01-26-2016, 04:47 PM
This is getting worrisome. :depressed

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 04:52 PM
My concern intensifies.

BillMc
01-26-2016, 04:52 PM
This is getting worrisome. :depressed

Nathan89
01-26-2016, 04:53 PM
If he can get healthy and this pushes LMA to not suck then it could work out in the long run.

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Will be interesting to see how LMA responds this game too. I hope he has a big game. If he shits the bed again, this place will melt down like Chernobyl.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 04:56 PM
The Boban Era has officially began.:hat

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Will be interesting to see how LMA responds this game too. I hope he has a big game. If he shits the bed again, this place will melt down like Chernobyl.

He likes playing against the Rockets so this is the perfect bounce back game for him.

dabom
01-26-2016, 05:04 PM

Pop still gonna start west. He loses face if he switches up his rotations. I want Boban to start though.

TheDoctor
01-26-2016, 05:05 PM
Get well TD :flag:

SupremeGuy
01-26-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm officially starting to get worried.

HI-FI
01-26-2016, 05:15 PM
If he can get healthy and this pushes LMA to not suck then it could work out in the long run.
Cosigned.

loveforthegame
01-26-2016, 05:16 PM
Duncan has looked rough the last few games. Hopefully the Spurs are being extra cautious but it is concerning.

MultiTroll
01-26-2016, 05:22 PM
And/or Crater Face gives Boban more meaningful minutes.

AFBlue
01-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Boban needs to start tbqh. We need a legit rim protector alongside Aldridge and someone who can body up Howard.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Big Three may also need extended rest.

LMA opportunity to again prove himself. However, he's likely to have an excuse like 'back spasms'.

Robz4000
01-26-2016, 05:26 PM
Welp, I'm officially concerned.

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 05:27 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Pop would never have played Boban with TD healthy, but now his hand has been forced.

Concerning Timmy.
I never thought the knee soreness reports were CIA POP. If Timmy was healthy he would not have missed that match.

This upcoming stretch might look like Dec. 2014, but instead of Kawhi/Tony, Timmy is injured. Last season Timmy carried this team on his back. Lets see everyone step up.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Pop would never have played Boban with TD healthy, but now his hand has been forced.

Concerning Timmy.
I never thought the knee soreness reports were CIA POP. If Timmy was healthy he would not have missed that match.

This upcoming stretch might look like Dec. 2014, but instead of Kawhi/Tony, Timmy is injured. Last season Timmy carried this team on his back. Lets see everyone step up.

Time for LMA to earn his paycheck b/c daddy Timmay isn't going to be on the court to hold his hand.:wakeup

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 05:33 PM
Houston is the worst team in the NBA at defending PFs, this season..

gambit1990
01-26-2016, 05:37 PM
wow, really interested in how LMA will play. better undoubtedly. he has a hard on for playing the rockets. and he's probably upset at himself on top of that.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-26-2016, 07:12 PM
D-Worst sucks ass......

daslicer
01-26-2016, 07:23 PM
This is concerning it shows Duncan is dealing with serious knee problems.

BillMc
01-26-2016, 07:26 PM
I'm honestly more concerned about this than the Warrior loss.

Uriel
01-26-2016, 07:28 PM
If Duncan's been plagued by knees troubles, Pop should've just rested him against the Lakers so he could've been ready to go against the Warriors—not the other way around.

littlecoyotecoin
01-26-2016, 07:33 PM
He likes playing against the Rockets so this is the perfect bounce back game for him.

Pretty sure someone said he liked playing GS as well.

LongtimeSpursFan
01-26-2016, 07:38 PM

Every year there is a Spur player that fans seems to overhype. Boban is a nice player but he is not ready at all to get serious minutes in an NBA game.
He is slow, doesn't rotate defensively well, gets pushed around and can't handle pressure of a double team. He needs at least a year to adjust to the NBA game. If splitter didn't get minutes his rookie season then neither should Boban. And let's face it Splitter came in more NBA ready them Boban.

tbdog
01-26-2016, 07:40 PM
If Duncan's been plagued by knees troubles, Pop should've just rested him against the Lakers so he could've been ready to go against the Warriors—not the other way around.

Perhaps the soreness occurred after the Laker game?

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 07:43 PM
Every year there is a Spur player that fans seems to overhype. Boban is a nice player but he is not ready at all to get serious minutes in an NBA game.
He is slow, doesn't rotate defensively well, gets pushed around and can't handle pressure of a double team. He needs at least a year to adjust to the NBA game. If splitter didn't get minutes his rookie season then neither should Boban. And let's face it Splitter came in more NBA ready them Boban.
Splitter, one of the most overhyped players in ST history. He replaced the defensive cancer that is Dejuan Blair, and it made him look like some sort of anchor in fans' eyes. He set good picks and that's about all he could do.

Dude was a liability on both ends against Ibaka, Griffin, the Heat, etc

Teams were always 1 block away on a Splitter layup from going on a 10-0 run. I don't miss that injury plagued puss

Obstructed_View
01-26-2016, 07:44 PM

I imagine the official beginning of the Boban era will require a playoff upset like the Splitter era did.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 07:58 PM
I imagine the official beginning of the Boban era will require a playoff upset like the Splitter era did.

Shitter didn't earn Pop's trust b/c he was injured during training camp before his rookie season meanwhile Boban is in Blair's situation except he has to play behind West/Diaw instead of Bonner.:lol

Aside from suffering injuries leading up to his arrival at Spurs training camp, Shitter would suffer another injury which forced him to miss training camp. Throughout the season, he would be hobbled by injuries and was put through the traditional coach Pop rookie routine. You know, play one night, then sit the bench the next two games, then play five games in a row, etc. Shitter would go on to appear in 60 regular season games, logging just 12 minutes per game.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 08:00 PM
Splitter, one of the most overhyped players in ST history. He replaced the defensive cancer that is Dejuan Blair, and it made him look like some sort of anchor in fans' eyes. He set good picks and that's about all he could do.

Dude was a liability on both ends against Ibaka, Griffin, the Heat, etc

Teams were always 1 block away on a Splitter layup from going on a 10-0 run. I don't miss that injury plagued puss

Shitter was a good compliment to Manu/Diaw meanwhile LMA only compliments the cancer that is Porker.:lol

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 08:06 PM

That was b/c Terrance Jones:lol & Montrezl Harrell:lol were playing PF since D-Mo was injured along w/ Capela moving to center when Howard is out of the lineup. Josh Smith destroyed West when he was w/ the Clippers & LMA had a tough time against Capela until he grew a pair in the 2nd half of their most recent matchup.:lol

dbreiden83080
01-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Fuck!! The other wheel is officially going. This is likely his last year and if he can't get it on track forget the title.. Not ever happening..

Especially troubling considering his minutes are so low.. He has hardly had to play of late..

T_L_P
01-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Doesn't matter. The Spurs just skip a beat without him. - Spurs fans

01-26-2016, 09:35 PM
Tim will be 40 by the time playoffs start. He's old. His knees take longer to recover. Any hint of soreness will cause Pop to rest Duncan. Duncan will be fine.

Ice009
01-26-2016, 09:39 PM
I hope TD is alright and that it is nothing too serious.

His leadership just cannot be replaced. He's everything to the Spurs. That's one reason why he's my favorite player of all time. Tim just being on the court, his mere presence just makes a big difference to how the team plays against the best teams in the NBA. He gives his teammates extra confidence and he's always there on the last line of defense.

Kawhi has got a long, long way to go to get anywhere near Tim's current leadership or prime Duncan as a player in general. Aldridge, I'm disgusted with after that Warriors game. Not sure if I even want to talk about him at this point.

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 09:49 PM

Somone is going to bump your thread.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Fuck!! The other wheel is officially going. This is likely his last year and if he can't get it on track forget the title.. Not ever happening..

Especially troubling considering his minutes are so low.. He has hardly had to play of late..

Put down the knife and stop cutting yourself you emo pussy bitch

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know what the issue with Tim is? There are varying degrees of knee issues.

But, I don't think this is really a surprise to anyone. The surprise is it hasn't come sooner. Tim has done everything he can to help transition the team away from him. It's just that...well, there's only 1 Tim. :lol

"If we'd just had Tim vs. ----" Think we might be hearing a lot of that for the next millenia or so :)

hooperflash
01-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Pop is a damn genius.

Ice009
01-26-2016, 10:46 PM
"If we'd just had Tim vs. ----" Think we might be hearing a lot of that for the next millenia or so :)

I'm going to have to find something else to do and not take the games seriously at that point. A completely different hobby or something as I don't think I'll be able to take watching that kind of stuff.

SouthernFried
01-26-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm going to have to find something else to do and not take the games seriously at that point. A completely different hobby or something as I don't think I'll be able to take watching that kind of stuff.

lol. That's exactly what I did in the 70's and 80's. We always had a decent regular season record..and always folded in the playoffs. As a Spurs fan, it was hard to watch. I took up playing ball. Maybe next time it'll be pool :lol

But, not quite yet :)

Roxsfan
01-26-2016, 11:12 PM
And/or Crater Face gives Boban more meaningful minutes.

It's disrespectful to call Popobitch, Crater Face tbh.

phxspurfan
01-26-2016, 11:19 PM
TD is old, this we know. With the Aldridge signing last summer, could you say you expected some of these? He's almost in Shaq-Celtics territory. But at least he can make it up the court.

TrainOfThought5
01-27-2016, 12:43 AM
We need an Alpha personality to replace Tim. Lamarcus aint it.

Sean Cagney
01-27-2016, 02:31 AM
It's disrespectful to call Popobitch, Crater Face tbh.

Yet you call him Popabitch... You know damn well u would take him as your coach in Houston.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-27-2016, 02:32 AM
Let the tank begin

Fireball
01-27-2016, 03:10 AM
told ya this has nothing to do with Pop being CIA

Ice009
01-27-2016, 04:05 AM
told ya this has nothing to do with Pop being CIA

I, personally, didn't think it did. I was worried a few weeks ago when he sat out with a sore knee.

Fireball
01-27-2016, 04:13 AM
I, personally, didn't think it did. I was worried a few weeks ago when he sat out with a sore knee.

Good call ... Pop would not rest Tim after a two day break putting a rookie Boban into the position of playing against the best team in the NBA

Slippy
01-27-2016, 04:36 AM
LA guarding Dwight at the center posi . This should be a test for LA that all spurs should take notice of. If its anything like the xmas game LA will be a no show. Im hoping he steps up particularly after his soft performance against the dubs.

r0drig0lac
01-27-2016, 04:54 AM
sincerely Warriors, Cavs and Thunder are the only games that matter

Slippy
01-27-2016, 05:31 AM
With LA it wont matter against who. It will be how physical his defender is and the fact that he doesnt like playing the center posi.

Seventyniner
01-27-2016, 07:08 AM

Good thing that the Spurs have 7 guys who can play the position.

Slippy
01-27-2016, 07:37 AM
LA's points in last 3 games Tim hasnt played.

Wizards 14
Knicks 6
Warriors 5

I may have missed a couple of games and it is a small sample size but its not good enough

Canyonero
01-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Season over?

Kawhitstorm
01-27-2016, 10:41 AM

Wizards 14
Knicks 6
Warriors 5

I may have missed a couple of games and it is a small sample size but its not good enough

He lit up the Sixers :lol

T_L_P
01-27-2016, 02:45 PM
TD is old, this we know. With the Aldridge signing last summer, could you say you expected some of these? He's almost in Shaq-Celtics territory. But at least he can make it up the court.

What are you talking about? The two aren't even comparable.

spursistan
01-27-2016, 02:50 PM

Wizards 14
Knicks 6
Warriors 5

yeah, pathetic stuff that he needs TD to be holding his hand even in reg season..

TXstbobcat
01-27-2016, 03:29 PM
Get well soon Timmy!!!!!

ceperez
01-27-2016, 05:11 PM
yeah, pathetic stuff that he needs TD to be holding his hand even in reg season..

Wait... did Spurs not lose in 2 of those and almost lost against the Knicks?

Arcadian
01-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Not worried. He obviously didn't suffer a major injury. The fact that he's resting means he'll be fully healthy for later. I'd more more concerned if he had a sore knee and didn't rest.

Spur|n|Austin
01-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Tim's getting an MRI, that's concerning.

ace3g
01-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Greg Simmons @GregSimmonsKSAT
(https://twitter.com/GregSimmonsKSAT)Tim Duncan had an MRI on his sore right knee no results announced

loveforthegame
01-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Pop said he's on rest and rehab. The doctors will tell him when he's ready to play again.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-27-2016, 07:27 PM
(https://twitter.com/GregSimmonsKSAT)Tim Duncan had an MRI on his sore right knee no results announced

Probably checking to see if they need to drain his knee, just seeing how much fluid has accumulated

itzsoweezee
01-27-2016, 07:35 PM

That can't be good.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:44 PM

True. But some of it is that Timmy seems to throw those great lob passes into LMA that really gets him going. West does it less often, and no one else does it at all.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:45 PM

I think we need that praying dog jpeg right about now....

littlecoyotecoin
01-27-2016, 07:51 PM
I think you guys are missing the point. They did an MRI on his knee and there were NO RESULTS.

The whole knee is gone.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:54 PM
I think you guys are missing the point. They did an MRI on his knee and there were NO RESULTS.

The whole knee is gone.

Are you confusing Timmy with DeJuan Blair? :lol

littlecoyotecoin
01-27-2016, 07:56 PM

Not sure. Could be :)

littlecoyotecoin
01-27-2016, 07:59 PM

I think he will be ok. While the whole knee was missing, the cavity where Tim's knee was supposed to be was found to be filled with Awesome.

Robz4000
01-27-2016, 07:59 PM

Hopefully just precautionary

littlecoyotecoin
01-27-2016, 08:01 PM
True. But some of it is that Timmy seems to throw those great lob passes into LMA that really gets him going. West does it less often, and no one else does it at all.

The hilo between TD and LMA does work well.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 08:01 PM
I think he will be ok. While the whole knee was missing, the cavity where Tim's knee was supposed to be was found to be filled with Awesome.
:toast

tholdren
01-27-2016, 08:55 PM
doesn't matter. Gives Boban more minutes, as well as the younger rotational players. Gets tim rest. Nothing to see here.

buttsR4rebounding
01-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Can you imagine 5 years ago. This would be all that was talked about. If Duncan has to sit an extended time, 12-20 games and the team still thrives, do you see the possibility that Tim comes off the bench for the rest of the season? It has been talked about at length here that the team is more balanced if LMA and TD are not on the floor at the same time. Could be the perfect seamless transition for the Spurs.

pgardn
01-28-2016, 05:05 PM
Can you imagine 5 years ago. This would be all that was talked about. If Duncan has to sit an extended time, 12-20 games and the team still thrives, do you see the possibility that Tim comes off the bench for the rest of the season? It has been talked about at length here that the team is more balanced if LMA and TD are not on the floor at the same time. Could be the perfect seamless transition for the Spurs.

Tim is still our best rim defender.
Aldridge and Tim may not be the right fit with KL, Tony, and Green to start the game. But I want both of them at the end of a game that is tight. Tim has better hands, is a better passer, a better positional rebounder, than any of our bigs in addition to stuffing at the rim. Gotta have a guy who knows his way around a basketball court with that length.