PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors are beyond confident have gone too cocky arrogant

$pursDynasty
01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
First off the Dubs have every reason to feel confident about themselves. They have handled easily all of the supposed top competition (except the Thunder) in the last couple of days. Secondly I loved it when Cam Newton said, if you don't like my dancing, stop me from getting into the endzone. The Spurs failed to do their part in humbling the Dubs, last night (but future opportunities remain). That being said, I was watching Raymond's practice interviews today :bang it pisses me off that the Dubs are using our loss to fuel all that talk "greatest ever" talk that had started to die down a bit but now will be in full boar yet again. Last night just sucked on ice and today's sports radio only made it worse. Raymond "doesn't believe in overly confident" my ass. I was having a problem generating hate for the Dubs but their "swagger" plus the way they can get away with aggressive defense but you can't reply in kind has quickly eliminated that. Screw the Splash brothers, screw Raymond, the chewed up mouth piece. I don't even want to see Riley's face in 2016. I know Warriors World posters will call it crying but it is really just venting. I still believe if we meet them in the playoffs, it won't go like last night did. Not really mad at the Dubs just really frustrated at our lackluster performance. You are judged by the quality of your competition, this year we now know that competition is fierce.

edit should have said grown too cocky & arrogant in title.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 05:29 PM
It happens to lots of teams, it was just a RS game yesterday no big deal things will get serious in the playoffs and thats when I hope we got things together.
Being too cocky sometimes gives you bad karma...

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/kevin-durant-of-the-oklahoma-city-thunder-reacts-in-the-first-half-picture-id492351827

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Would be immensely satisfying to beat them in the WCF.

spursistan
01-26-2016, 05:31 PM
If destroying Cavs/Chicago/Spurs by more than 90 points combined doesn't give you the rights to be such, if you wish, i don't what know will..

They just ran a train on a peer competitor (from historical standpoint) whose players were supposedly "fired up" to play against them..Sorry but they've earned the bragging/braggadocio rights until we get them back..

BillMc
01-26-2016, 05:32 PM
First off the Dubs have every reason to feel confident about themselves. They have handled easily all of the supposed top competition (except the Thunder) in the last couple of days. Secondly I loved it when Cam Newton said, if you don't like my dancing, stop me from getting into the endzone. The Spurs failed to do their part in humbling the Dubs, last night (but future opportunities remain). That being said, I was watching Raymond's practice interviews today :bang it pisses me off that the Dubs are using our loss to fuel all that talk "greatest ever" talk that had started to die down a bit but now will be in full boar yet again. Last night just sucked on ice and today's sports radio only made it worse. Raymond "doesn't believe in overly confident" my ass. I was having a problem generating hate for the Dubs but their "swagger" plus the way they can get away with aggressive defense but you can't reply in kind has quickly eliminated that. Screw the Splash brothers, screw Raymond, the chewed up mouth piece. I don't even want to see Riley's face in 2016. I know Warriors World posters will call it crying but it is really just venting. I still believe if we meet them in the playoffs, it won't go like last night did. Not really mad at the Dubs just really frustrated at our lackluster performance. You are judged by the quality of your competition, this year we now know that competition is fierce.

edit should have said grown too cocky & arrogant in title.

Agreed.

Fortunately, there is a half a season left. Things can change.

Leetonidas
those cock suckers have remained injury free to all their core pieces for a year and a half. that shit has to change imo

tbdog
Green clapped in LMA face when LMA threw the ball out of bounds in the third. Remember Bobo taunting T? The NBA has a double standard. The warriors are hacks on D.

siraulo23
01-26-2016, 05:36 PM
those cock suckers have remained injury free to all their core pieces for a year and a half. that shit has to change imo

Why? They have a young core and an extremely deep team

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 05:38 PM
If destroying Cavs/Chicago/Spurs by more than 90 points combined doesn't give you the rights to be such, if you wish, i don't what know will..

They run a train on a peer historical competitor whose players were supposedly "fired up" to play against them..Sorry but they've earned the bragging/braggadocio rights until we get them back..
Dude, they just won one ring because Irving was out and they needed 6 games to get over a D-League team plus Lebron, Spurs got five and you dont see Manu saying his turds are the size of a giraffe or Parker screaming nobody can touch us.
Also you dont need to win games to be an asshole look at Dwert, this whole cocky deal came after they won that pathetic ring in 6 games, started the moment after Raymond tasted his first champagne and started to talk like he is the new Hakeem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOlW9ivIltA

Also for the note, Warrefs fans will say his team is the best ever and blah blah, just like the CHeat bandwagoners.

Spur|n|Austin
01-26-2016, 05:44 PM
Agreed.

Fortunately, there is a half a season left. Things can change.

Yep. Injuries, streaks, etc. Playoffs don't start after 41 games.

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 05:46 PM
They should be, tbh..they're been virtually unstoppable for a year and a half, with no signs of slowing down..

They can also publicly display their arrogance/cockyness/taunting and get a pass from NBA fans and media, because Curry is light-skinned and looks like a 12-year old, along with geographical reasons(Silicon Valley, progressive, liberals, etc)..

DarrinS
01-26-2016, 05:48 PM
They should be, tbh..they're been virtually unstoppable for a year and a half, with no signs of slowing down..

They can also publicly display their arrogance/cockyness/taunting and get a pass from NBA fans and media, because Curry is light-skinned and looks like a 12-year old, along with geographical reasons(Silicon Valley, progressive, liberals, etc)..

No

HarlemHeat37
01-26-2016, 05:50 PM
No

Yes

Light-skinned, hardcore Christan that looks like a 12-year old boy and plays a position that people appreciate more(easier for the average person to relate to PGs)..

He's the perfect NBA image for White America..

baseline bum
01-26-2016, 05:51 PM
I'd be cocky as hell too if I just shit on the Cavs, Bulls, and Spurs like they just did.

daslicer
01-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Its the cycle of the NBA for most teams besides the Spurs which is a team wins a title and suddenly becomes super arrogant/cocky/trashy until they are eventually taken out. On the bright side no teams wins forever. The warriors will eventually get dethroned. The question is when it will happen? The Warriors are on an extreme high like the Shaq-Kobe Lakers but the upside of that is when they finally get dethroned they will come down crashing to the ground.

RD2191
01-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Is Curry a cornball brother?

Spurs da champs
01-26-2016, 06:03 PM

Crazy how bad Currys ankles were...not they're made of steel.

$pursDynasty
01-26-2016, 06:04 PM
Its the cycle of the NBA for most teams besides the Spurs which is a team wins a title and suddenly becomes super arrogant/cocky/trashy until they are eventually taken out. On the bright side no teams wins forever. The warriors will eventually get dethroned. The question is when it will happen? The Warriors are on an extreme high like the Shaq-Kobe Lakers but the upside of that is when they finally get dethroned they will come down crashing to the ground.
True plus they might be purposefully using their brashness to paint themselves into a corner. Their greatest fear is losing this year and being shown to be the flukes that many in the NBA tried to make them into after last year's chip. They can't take it away from you but no one wants the asterisk next to a title. Sort of like the Heat, after we got 5 people look dubiously at that title they 'stole' from us the year before. I am sure that they hate that :rollin

G-Dawgg
01-26-2016, 06:06 PM
They have every right to act however they want to act because they've got guns. Nobody can get close to them.

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2016, 06:11 PM
:cry The Bucks don't have class :cry

Can't wait to see those cucks crying when Pop finally pulls everything out his sleeve. Stopped the Lakers 4 peat, stopped the Heat 3 peat. These midget ball playing bums ain't shit. LMA means business now after how these clowns acted

daslicer
01-26-2016, 06:53 PM
:cry The Bucks don't have class :cry

Can't wait to see those cucks crying when Pop finally pulls everything out his sleeve. Stopped the Lakers 4 peat, stopped the Heat 3 peat. These midget ball playing bums ain't shit. LMA means business now after how these clowns acted

They remind me too much of the '00s threepeat Lakers which is act classless when they win but get angry when an opposing team acts classless in victory. It shows me that these guys will cry when they are eventually dethroned.

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 06:56 PM
True plus they might be purposefully using their brashness to paint themselves into a corner. Their greatest fear is losing this year and being shown to be the flukes that many in the NBA tried to make them into after last year's chip. They can't take it away from you but no one wants the asterisk next to a title. Sort of like the Heat, after we got 5 people look dubiously at that title they 'stole' from us the year before. I am sure that they hate that :rollin
http://dc213.4shared.com/img/CdooYnCF/s7/14259b06610/Allen?async&rand=0.4347253879533305

Chomag
01-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Untill Spurs can het them back they have every right to be right now.

random21
01-26-2016, 07:02 PM
One January game, tough loss... Though, our Spurs will bounce back as always...Not worried... Pop had terrible rotations, timeout usage wasn't used properly and LMA played like Jeff Ayres... 26 turnovers as well.

Capt Bringdown
01-26-2016, 07:03 PM
Their cockiness is well earned. They are the best team in the NBA - by far.
A lot can change, sure. But the only thing that can stop them this year I feel is injuries. They're ringin' again.

DeRozan m8
01-26-2016, 07:12 PM
Karma is going to get these cocky fuckwits

SpurPadre
01-26-2016, 08:17 PM
Curry's shake and bake dances even before the ball falls through the net annoy me as well as his other forms of constant celebrating during games. It's just not my bag. I mean, if that's what he feels he needs to do, whatever, but I don't get why he's billed as a classy, "one of the nice guys" players in the league when he acts like that in each game. Then there's Draymond flexing his biceps and his shit talk after games and Klay Thompson proclaiming himself as the best SG in the game. But if those weren't enough, now they have Speights feeling the need to take threes even though they're up 25+ with less than a minute to play. Living in the Bay Area, I used to like and respect them even though I've always been a Spurs fan but now they're right up there with the Thunder as the team I truly hate the most.

NameLess Scrub
01-26-2016, 08:19 PM
I find it hard to believe there are Spurs fans who think it's all good the Warriors have gotten arrogant and taunting.
The Spurs are the opposite of that.

I suppose you guys just were just born and raised in SA and have no other choice :lol

$pursDynasty
01-26-2016, 08:21 PM
TBH, if the situation was reversed and we won by 30 last night, ST would be talking boss ish, not only here but trolling other message boards as well. However the Spurs themselves would remain the classy machine they have always been. Why give other teams bulletin board material? Russ and the Thunderefs hate us but I remember LeBron stating how it is,hard to hate the Spurs even though the Spurs have directly cost him 2 rings.

Venti Quattro
01-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Champions get to brag. Deal with it and don't be a faggot

Russ
01-26-2016, 08:40 PM
The Warriors have been the classiest NBA champs in quite some time (excluding, of course, the Spurs).

If you got a problem with them, you got a problem with any winner.

SpurPadre
01-26-2016, 09:02 PM
I find it hard to believe there are Spurs fans who think it's all good the Warriors have gotten arrogant and taunting.
The Spurs are the opposite of that.

I suppose you guys just were just born and raised in SA and have no other choice :lol

Not me. Life long Californian who happens to be a lifelong Spurs fan and it started because of the class and respect one David Robinson exuded and influenced onto the franchise to this very day.

SpurPadre
01-26-2016, 09:03 PM
The Warriors have been the classiest NBA champs in quite some time (excluding, of course, the Spurs).

If you got a problem with them, you got a problem with any winner.

Draymond Green saying the Cavs suck on national TV after the Finals is class?

SAGirl
01-26-2016, 09:06 PM
I don't care about the bragging. The most dangerous guys are the silent assassins like Kawhi.

timtonymanu
01-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Can't hate the Dubs. They play the right way and just beat the hell out of a potentially historic team. The showboating is fine. The Thunder were far more unlikeable from 2012 - 2014.

timtonymanu
01-26-2016, 09:15 PM
Draymond Green saying the Cavs suck on national TV after the Finals is class?

No one is low-key like the Spurs. Draymond has his antics and so do some of their other players, but what they're doing every night is incredible that I can understand why they get so hyped. They play great basketball.

SpurPadre
01-26-2016, 09:27 PM
No one is low-key like the Spurs. Draymond has his antics and so do some of their other players, but what they're doing every night is incredible that I can understand why they get so hyped. They play great basketball.

True. The Spurs carry themselves in a manner unlike any other team in every other professional sport in the country. The Dubs' whole act is just not my thing, though.

01-26-2016, 09:35 PM
They had tons of key injuries the last five years.

Only pussies and assholes hope for injuries

Leetonidas
01-26-2016, 10:49 PM
They had tons of key injuries the last five years.

Only pussies and assholes hope for injuries

no one's hoping. and did I say last five years or did I say last season and a half?

Mikeanaro
01-26-2016, 11:08 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-laughs-aldridges-comments-man-no-respect?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

(http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-laughs-aldridges-comments-man-no-respect?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo)OAKLAND – In the rubble left of the Spurs after a 120-90 loss to the Warriors on Monday night, San Antonio power forward LaMarcus Aldridge made a comment that raised the eyebrows of Warriors forward Draymond Green.

Aldridge said he “was bad,” but also added that he thought he had the advantage over his defender, Green.
“I was eager,” Aldridge said in the visitor’s locker room at Oracle Arena. “I felt like I had a matchup.”

Green, upon getting word of Aldridge’s assessment, acknowledged Tuesday that Aldridge’s words took him by surprise.
“Yeah, it did,” Green said after practice. “But I laughed at it and kept it moving. But, yeah, it definitely surprised me. It’s like, man, no respect.”
Aldridge scored five points. The 6-foot-11, 260-pound veteran missed seven of his nine shots.
Some of those misses were not close, and nearly all of them were against the defense of the 6-7, 225-pound Green – who last season finished second in the Defensive Player of the Year voting.

“People still try to go at me,” he said. “But I enjoy it. I’ll continue to enjoy it. And I’ll continue to do what I do.
“But I don’t think people go at me as much as they used to. But I think they think they have a mismatch there. I’ll continue to relish that moment. It’s fun. Real fun.”
(http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-laughs-aldridges-comments-man-no-respect?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo)

phxspurfan
01-26-2016, 11:20 PM
Nah, Dubs are just that good right now. Let them have their moment, and just hope it fades by $$$ time.

Roxsfan
01-26-2016, 11:23 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-laughs-aldridges-comments-man-no-respect?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

(http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-laughs-aldridges-comments-man-no-respect?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo)OAKLAND – In the rubble left of the Spurs after a 120-90 loss to the Warriors on Monday night, San Antonio power forward LaMarcus Aldridge made a comment that raised the eyebrows of Warriors forward Draymond Green.

Aldridge said he “was bad,” but also added that he thought he had the advantage over his defender, Green.
“I was eager,” Aldridge said in the visitor’s locker room at Oracle Arena. “I felt like I had a matchup.”

Green, upon getting word of Aldridge’s assessment, acknowledged Tuesday that Aldridge’s words took him by surprise.
“Yeah, it did,” Green said after practice. “But I laughed at it and kept it moving. But, yeah, it definitely surprised me. It’s like, man, no respect.”
Aldridge scored five points. The 6-foot-11, 260-pound veteran missed seven of his nine shots.
Some of those misses were not close, and nearly all of them were against the defense of the 6-7, 225-pound Green – who last season finished second in the Defensive Player of the Year voting.

“People still try to go at me,” he said. “But I enjoy it. I’ll continue to enjoy it. And I’ll continue to do what I do.
“But I don’t think people go at me as much as they used to. But I think they think they have a mismatch there. I’ll continue to relish that moment. It’s fun. Real fun.”
(http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/draymond-laughs-aldridges-comments-man-no-respect?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo)

Cocky mouthbreathing donkey-face.

afireinside20
01-26-2016, 11:40 PM
True. The Spurs carry themselves in a manner unlike any other team in every other professional sport in the country. The Dubs' whole act is just not my thing, though.

The Warriors, in a span of two years have gone from the underdog Cinderella type team, to the Evil Empire Lakers of the early 2000's. They've become a cocky and arrogant team, the villains. The Spurs still remain the humble and classy team.

peacemaker885
01-27-2016, 12:14 AM
GSW being cocky or whatever does not deminish the Spurs. Let them enjoy it, they deserve it. Put up or shut up.

spurs10
01-27-2016, 12:27 AM
Draymond Green saying the Cavs suck on national TV after the Finals is class? That's par for the course for him. It never stops. Will love to see us take them down a few notches and think we have a great chance in the playoffs. Mills and Tony will not be covering Curry in the real deal....I'm thinking.

mudyez
01-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Will be immensely satisfying to beat them in the WCF.

FIFY

MI21
01-27-2016, 01:20 AM
I have no problem with teams/players that are cocky, but the way the Warriors do it is so fucking corny, tbh :lol

Muscle flexing, pointing to god, chewing on mouthpieces... it's so lame. I actually prefer KG's false bravado and Westbrooks antics (:lol) over this type of corny celebratory shenanigans.

But, they have earned it. If anything, that stuff should serve as 1% extra motivation for players to beat them and get that shit to stop.

kobyz
01-27-2016, 01:27 AM
People need to stop talking like they don't saw what happened in the game, spurs isn't even a match, the spurs can't prevent the dubs from taking a number on them if they want...

Clipper Nation
01-27-2016, 02:08 AM
Dude, they just won one ring because Irving was out and they needed 6 games to get over a D-League team plus Lebron, Spurs got five and you dont see Manu saying his turds are the size of a giraffe or Parker screaming nobody can touch us.
Also you dont need to win games to be an asshole look at Dwert, this whole cocky deal came after they won that pathetic ring in 6 games, started the moment after Raymond tasted his first champagne and started to talk like he is the new Hakeem.

Also for the note, Warrefs fans will say his team is the best ever and blah blah, just like the CHeat bandwagoners.
The Warriors were cocky long before the ring. Mark Jackass was an arrogant faggot and it rubbed off on their players. Then the media started sucking their cocks and giving them a steady stream of glowing press clippings to read. The only thing that's changed is that other fanbases besides the Clippers and Nuggets have started to notice it now.

Clipper Nation
01-27-2016, 02:12 AM
I have no problem with teams/players that are cocky, but the way the Warriors do it is so fucking corny, tbh :lol

Muscle flexing, pointing to god, chewing on mouthpieces... it's so lame. I actually prefer KG's false bravado and Westbrooks antics (:lol) over this type of corny celebratory shenanigans.

But, they have earned it. If anything, that stuff should serve as 1% extra motivation for players to beat them and get that shit to stop.
It doesn't even stop when they lose. In fact, the Warriors turn into even bigger faggots when they lose. Drayflop Green was bleeding out of his pussy for a couple weeks after the Bucks beat them.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 02:45 AM
FIFY
:toast

TD 21
01-27-2016, 07:04 PM

Considering the era, the Spurs' Duncan era, is the greatest stretch of sustained excellence in the history of (at least, North American) professional sports, yet never have they acted like that.

I realize they're an anomaly, but still: there's no excuse for acting the way the Warriors do. I don't give a shit how good they are, they're a disgrace.

Spurtacular
01-27-2016, 08:20 PM

To go off on a tangent. This is why I think that this guy's Clay Thompson impression probably isn't that far off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ar0muvq5Qc

dbreiden83080
01-27-2016, 08:38 PM
Probably only a major injury stops them from going back to back..

hitmanyr2k
01-27-2016, 08:55 PM
That arrogant swagger usually hits every team that's won a championship. The first 3peat Bulls actually used to leave notes under the opponent's lockerroom door to tell them how much they were going to lose by :lol