PDA

View Full Version : Remember when?

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 05:29 PM
2005 Finals. Spurs blow out Detroit first 2 games. Detroit blows us out the following 2 games including a 30pt beat down. We win a nail biter in Game 5. Lose Game 6 at home by 10. Crazy series...nobody knew what expect game to game and momentum shifted like crazy. Pretty much a miss shot, dunk by Horry, bone head defensive rotation by Wallace. Etc crazy things happen in playoff series.

Not trying to brush off what happened last night. It sucked. Period. But as Spurs fans we've seen it all. 2014 series against OKC/GSW. Spurs blow out OKC both games without Ibaka. Then get blown out in OKC but still managed to win series. Or 2012 WCF Spurs 20 game winning streak snapped by straight 4 losses to OKC after the fact going up 2-0 in series.

Spurs/Mavs. 2014 first rd. Spurs swept season series in dominating fashion. How'd the Mavs push them to 7? It's playoff basketball. Where amazing happens.

It sucked getting embarrassed in the NBA version of the Super Bowl. But it doesn't dictate how this season will play out.

BatManu20
01-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Coasting. Non-issue.

$pursDynasty
01-26-2016, 05:48 PM
I remember that 2013 playoff series with the Dubs, Curry (44) went nova game one and we barely scraped by in double OT, thanks to a Manu shot. Then Klay (34) went nova the next game and they beat us. After that it was a hard series but neither Curry or Klay went off for 44 or 34 again and of course we won the series. After those first two games it seemed that it would be 'impossible' for us to contain the Splash brothers but eventually we figured it out. I am hoping our future encounters with the Dubs follow that same pattern. You can't seemingly prepare for Dubs by just watching film, you have to experience it, to learn from it.

Spur|n|Austin
01-26-2016, 06:10 PM
:bobo

weebo
01-26-2016, 06:15 PM
It's only January. :lol

coachmac87
01-26-2016, 06:28 PM
It's only January. :lol

I know. Just trying to make everybody calm the fuck down lol