PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Samaki Walker opens up about the time Kobe clocked him

Thebesteva
01-26-2016, 06:47 PM
:lol Thug Life

There's a video interview in the link he goes further into details. Wonder why Kobe picked on Samaki of all people

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2611229-samaki-walker-opens-up-about-time-kobe-bryant-punched-him-in-the-face-over-100?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

We got into it. I'm still figuring it out to this day. ... It was probably one of the craziest, most immature situations because the situation, from what I understand, was over 100 bucks. After practice, we usually get together as a team, and we play the half-court shot game. ...What everybody will do is put $100 in the pot, shoot a half-court shot, and whoever makes it first, considering everybody else gets their turn, gets the pot. ... [Kobe] won the half-court contest, and the rule is you get 48 hours to pay the $100. There wasn't even 48 hours. Kobe comes to me on the bus and asked me where his 100 bucks are. Believe it or not, out of all the people, he chose me, which is still, to this day, puzzling.
I told him—listen, we were going to shootaround at the time—"Man, I don't have no 100 bucks on me right now." ... I put my earphones back on, and once I put my earphones back on, the most amazing thing happened. Kobe, he sucker-punched me.