PDA

View Full Version : Simmons

phxspurfan
01-26-2016, 11:18 PM
Played like the best player on the Spurs last night. Loved the aggressiveness. We need at least one or two more like him (and DWest) to stand a chance vs the Dubs.

I say plan for trades to beat the Dubs. We can beat everyone else but the Dubs and Thunders pretty easily tbh. (yes, even the Clips).

apalisoc_9
01-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Casual gans really get easily fooled by "energy" "aggresivnrss"

Simmons was a dark brown turd on defense last night
So many missed rotations. He forced the issue way too much and GSW reads him pretty easy.

spurs10
01-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Simmons has great energy. but he also turns it over a lot and got torched by Curry, but so did Patty and Tony.

DMC
01-26-2016, 11:29 PM
Simmons is a D-league player pushing slave rage level adrenaline to get a contract. That's all.

Leetonidas
01-26-2016, 11:31 PM
dude was horrible last night, not sure what game you were watching

rasuo214
01-26-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't get the Simmons love, he wasn't very good yesterday. He was reckless and played poor defense.

paperboy77
01-26-2016, 11:36 PM
I thought that too about Simmons. Yeah everyone sucked in that game but he still was able to look about as good as he had been. Straight up.... He probably should be on Pops mind about increased minutes or maybe even starting. At least to remind Green about being hungry. For me... West and Manu also came to play. Everyone else sucked.

Next few games are going to be rough.... Hopefully SA can recover quickly.

HI-FI
01-26-2016, 11:37 PM
Simmons is a D-league player pushing slave rage level adrenaline to get a contract. That's all.
:lol

DMC
01-26-2016, 11:40 PM
I don't get the Simmons love, he wasn't very good yesterday. He was reckless and played poor defense.
He can dunk the ball.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-27-2016, 08:28 AM

For a rookie, playing against the best team in the NBA, he did well. He reverted back to his TO ways a little but that's fine. Its all about game film. The game film from the preseason immensely helped develop his game faster than I expected this year.

Now he has game film on what he did wrong against GS. He will see their defensive sets, he will see how Curry handles the ball and how to position himself better on D.

I expect him to have a much better outing against GS next time around.

wildbill2u
01-27-2016, 05:46 PM
He played hard and with energy--but not necessarily smart. He continues to turn over the ball by getting himself into trouble due to rushing into moves into the defense. But that comes with being a rookie, trying to make the coaches appreciate your talents and effort. When he learns to calm down, the game will come to him.