PDA

View Full Version : BBall Breakdown: How the Warriors Destroyed the Spurs

BillMc
01-27-2016, 02:23 AM
Coach Nick with some insight (and humor).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHCUKRjT_OA

SouthernFried
01-27-2016, 03:03 AM
The turnover clip is pretty funny. You just gotta laugh sometimes...lol

DenialTwist
01-27-2016, 06:04 AM
Like I said, Warriors sure do love to celebrate and showboat after every.single.basket. The turnover was funny but I'll never understand why Curry is always left open.

Slippy
01-27-2016, 06:18 AM
Very suitable benny hill music to turnovers that many were unforced. Lol

SpurAddict561
01-27-2016, 08:36 AM
Wow, this video illustrates just how bad Parker was....

The unforced turnovers really buried us, though.

TDomination
01-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Wow, this video illustrates just how bad Parker was....

The unforced turnovers really buried us, though.

Or how good Curry was. He even made Kawhi look bad, geez.

But quite honestly, everything got exacerbated because of the turnovers. Even with the amazing plays Curry did, we can live with that as long as we don't turn the ball over 25 times and we don't miss everything we shot. Our highest paid player shat the bed, not a recipe for success against them especially without timmy

cjw
01-27-2016, 01:42 PM
But quite honestly, everything got exacerbated because of the turnovers. Even with the amazing plays Curry did, we can live with that as long as we don't turn the ball over 25 times and we don't miss everything we shot.

Spurs miraculously stayed in the game despite four open play turnovers in a 2+ minute span (8m to 6m in first quarter), while GS didn't commit its first turnover until the Spurs had committed six. I was astounded the Spurs were able to keep it close despite such sloppy play early on, but the nail in the coffin for me was when the Spurs should have had a fast break opportunity the other way at 22-16, but the ball somehow deflected to Curry for a wide open three.

26 turnovers was awful, and while GS still committed 21, there's a huge difference between open play turnovers that the Spurs were committing vs. dead ball turnovers GS was committing.

Spurs' turnovers - 13 when game was within 14 points, of which 7 were open play turnovers (opportunities going the other way).

Open
Dead
Total

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Total

0 to 7

8 to 14

15 to 21

21+

Golden State only had 9 turnovers when the game was within 14 points, of which only 4 were open play turnovers and 6 were dead ball. Both teams were sloppy come garbage time too, which allowed game to get out of hand in a hurry.

Open
Dead
Total

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Total

0 to 7

8 to 14

15 to 21

21+

spursistan
01-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Benny hill theme was apt choice for that comedy reel of turnovers....Warriors are still better than us, but boy did the Spurs offer their own neck to them? :lol

Horse
01-27-2016, 01:53 PM
You can really see how mental most of this game was. At one point we couldn't even catch the ball. And how many times do we blow assignments that lead to layups like we did Monday night? Add how hot they were and it was the perfect storm for disaster but no reason to panic.

GSH
01-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Spurs miraculously stayed in the game despite four open play turnovers in a 2+ minute span (8m to 6m in first quarter), while GS didn't commit its first turnover until the Spurs had committed six. I was astounded the Spurs were able to keep it close despite such sloppy play early on, but the nail in the coffin for me was when the Spurs should have had a fast break opportunity the other way at 22-16, but the ball somehow deflected to Curry for a wide open three.

26 turnovers was awful, and while GS still committed 21, there's a huge difference between open play turnovers that the Spurs were committing vs. dead ball turnovers GS was committing.

Spurs' turnovers - 13 when game was within 14 points, of which 7 were open play turnovers (opportunities going the other way).

That's a pretty damn good post. Most of the attention whores here would have started a new thread for that - except they couldn't have come up with the goods to begin with. :tu

It was one of those nights, between the Spurs being sloppy and every bounce going GS's way. I thought it was amazing that the Spurs kept it that close at the half, too. But there was one point where Manu missed a gimme at the rim, and then Simmons just pissed away that fast break, that I knew it was just a matter of time before the avalanche.

Budkin
01-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Or how good Curry was. He even made Kawhi look bad, geez.

But quite honestly, everything got exacerbated because of the turnovers. Even with the amazing plays Curry did, we can live with that as long as we don't turn the ball over 25 times and we don't miss everything we shot. Our highest paid player shat the bed, not a recipe for success against them especially without timmy

This. Curry is just fucking so good, it's nuts watching.

YGWHI
01-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Also, we should admit that the Warriors are really good at forcing turnovers, trapping key players, playing solid half-court defense...

look_at_g_shred
01-27-2016, 03:59 PM
Also, we should admit that the Warriors are really good at forcing turnovers, trapping key players, playing solid half-court defense...
You would wonder why the spurs didn't do the same right?

james evans
01-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Like I said, Warriors sure do love to celebrate and showboat after every.single.basket. The turnover was funny but I'll never understand why Curry is always left open.
illegal screens

r0drig0lac
01-27-2016, 04:58 PM
illegal screens

I agree, just do not understand why no video was sent to the nba about it and no team complains openly, Bogut / Green commit fouls in 90% of screens

tonight...you
01-27-2016, 05:08 PM
That's a pretty damn good post. Most of the attention whores here would have started a new thread for that - except they couldn't have come up with the goods to begin with. :tu

It was one of those nights, between the Spurs being sloppy and every bounce going GS's way. I thought it was amazing that the Spurs kept it that close at the half, too. But there was one point where Manu missed a gimme at the rim, and then Simmons just pissed away that fast break, that I knew it was just a matter of time before the avalanche.
It was a night where I was thinking, irrationally so, but not without merit that if Duncan was on the floor, or even on the bench- he would have calmed the pissing of pants, so to speak.
This knee issue of his is worrying me, as of late, in that I believe Tim's leadership/presence is just as important as his in-game play now for this team.

Harry Callahan
01-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Busting GSW's D. Green with a well placed elbow "accidentally" might make some sense with all the moving screens.

Bruce Bowen would go to the dark side if necessary. Not sure if this group of Spurs has "that guy".

GSH
01-27-2016, 05:50 PM
Busting GSW's D. Green with a well placed elbow "accidentally" might make some sense with all the moving screens.

Bruce Bowen would go to the dark side if necessary. Not sure if this group of Spurs has "that guy".

For all the talk about Kawhi and Green on defense, neither one is any Bruce Bowen. Robert Horry would have found a way to slip an elbow or two in as well.

I clipped a still from the OP's video. I saw this live, and was screaming about it. Curry is tricky, and he doesn't need much space. It's a lot easier to get when you can do this. He pushed Mills to his left, faked right, and just when Patty was recovering, Curry went back to his left. Patty never had a chance.
http://i67.tinypic.com/6fmpag.jpg

sexinthatsx
01-27-2016, 06:08 PM
I agree, just do not understand why no video was sent to the nba about it and no team complains openly, Bogut / Green commit fouls in 90% of screens

Because the Spurs of all teams are culprits of it, it just never gets called.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:29 PM

Open
Dead
Total

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Total

0 to 7

8 to 14

15 to 21

21+

Golden State only had 9 turnovers when the game was within 14 points, of which only 4 were open play turnovers and 6 were dead ball. Both teams were sloppy come garbage time too, which allowed game to get out of hand in a hurry.

Open
Dead
Total

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

Total

0 to 7

8 to 14

15 to 21

21+

Great post. :toast

It was a night where I was thinking, irrationally so, but not without merit that if Duncan was on the floor, or even on the bench- he would have calmed the pissing of pants, so to speak.
This knee issue of his is worrying me, as of late, in that I believe Tim's leadership/presence is just as important as his in-game play now for this team.

I think Timmy would have calmed them down, and prevent a lot of those drives to the hoop that LMA and others couldn't stop. Also like Coach Nick's point that Duncan would have kept the pace more to our liking. Perhaps it is wishful thinking that a 39 year old player would have made a difference in a 30 point blowout, but we shall see in future games (as long as Timmy gets back on the court. Majorly worried here. :()

Bruce Bowen would go to the dark side if necessary. Not sure if this group of Spurs has "that guy". No doubt. Bruce, Horry and S-Jax would not be afraid to be physical to the point of borderline dirty with those guys. Hit Curry hard on his forays to the hoop and see if his thin body can handle it. And smash hard into Draymond in the post and see if he keeps his temper. There's a chance you can get that idiot thrown out.

r0drig0lac
01-27-2016, 07:35 PM

you're probably right, but no other team used the way they are using it is as if the rule does not exist for them, there is no moderation

Spurtacular
01-27-2016, 07:57 PM
6:06 - The ball clearly on the line; and the ref doesn't bother to call it even with the Warriors up 23 late. It was sh** like that, all night.

BillMc
01-27-2016, 08:00 PM
6:06 - The ball clearly on the line; and the ref doesn't bother to call it even with the Warriors up 23 late. It was sh** like that, all night.

Yeah, noticed that too. :bang

james evans
01-28-2016, 12:39 AM
bullshit!! we don't do what they do. They'll jump in front of a defender and take steps with him BLATANTLY knowing it won't be called. I'm watching the game right now and Livingston just did it in the paint. He jumped in front of the defender, held him and moved in front of the refs. that's why they keep getting back door passes and are always open. Nobody in league history has ever gotten away with it to the level they are doing it. How the fuck do u defend someone when they are setting picks like an nfl offensive line?

HarlemHeat37
01-28-2016, 12:42 AM
bullshit!! we don't do what they do. They'll jump in front of a defender and take steps with him BLATANTLY knowing it won't be called. I'm watching the game right now and Livingston just did it in the paint. He jumped in front of the defender, held him and moved in front of the refs. that's why they keep getting back door passes and are always open. Nobody in league history has ever gotten away with it to the level they are doing it. How the fuck do u defend someone when they are setting picks like an nfl offensive line?

Did you forget the 2008-2012 Celtics?:lol

Nathan89
01-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Agreed their illegal screens are huge advantage. They screens usually include extended arms/grabbing, movement, or very wide legs. It's impossible to watch all the action on their offense. The league should add another ref. However, the refs very often just don't call it.

HarlemHeat37
01-28-2016, 12:53 AM
At least we know Klay Thompson is a shitty playoff performer, just like Aldridge, tbh:lol..

gilmor
01-28-2016, 01:18 AM
Steph Curry is so goddamn good.. and you sense he is show-manning it up in those moves against Mills..

Like someone said, Bowen would have tried something different to off-set that irritating swagger..

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2016, 02:13 AM
Steph Curry is so goddamn good.. and you sense he is show-manning it up in those moves against Mills..

Like someone said, Bowen would have tried something different to off-set that irritating swagger..
Or the guy in your avatar throws a good punch or two and gets himself and Draymond ejected. Good trade for Spurs in that case