PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing Meltdown tbh...

Brazil
01-27-2016, 12:05 PM
I was fully expecting some major meltdowns ala Amuseddaysleeper (?) or bene nfl style... [I'm not particular proud but I confess I love those ones full of stuff to :lol about] but, instead of that, there is a bit of venting but globally very reasonable talks.

What's going on ? everybody is feeling good ? Roberto D my man wtf, aren't you upset ?

That's a 30 points loss, those bad boys kicked our butt repeatedly and we invited them to keep beating us down with a smile and a yes please !

I mean I understand we all are accepting that this team won't win a championship and we became more mature so you know it's not the end of the world we already have 5 tim is retiring without 6 its ok etc etc etc... but come on 30 points in the ass and nothing ? just like Manu said: "They're better than us" that's it ?

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 12:06 PM
You want to bump Gutless Worms?

Spur|n|Austin
01-27-2016, 12:07 PM
:lol

GSH
01-27-2016, 12:10 PM
I was fully expecting some major meltdowns ala Amuseddaysleeper (?) or bene nfl style... [I'm not particular proud but I confess I love those ones full of stuff to :lol about] but, instead of that, there is a bit of venting but globally very reasonable talks.

What's going on ? everybody is feeling good ? Roberto D my man wtf, aren't you upset ?

That's a 30 points loss, those bad boys kicked our butt repeatedly and we invited them to keep beating us down with a smile and a yes please !

I mean I understand we all are accepting that this team won't win a championship and we became more mature so you know it's not the end of the world we already have 5 tim is retiring without 6 its ok etc etc etc... but come on 30 points in the ass and nothing ? just like Manu said: "They're better than us" that's it ?

Heh... looks like somebody stocked up on troll food when it was on sale.

Budkin
01-27-2016, 12:11 PM
The meltdowns are always much worse when we lose a close game we should have won. This was just a beatdown of epic proportions.

From Downtown
01-27-2016, 12:18 PM
#TankForBenSimmons?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-27-2016, 12:19 PM
This was the most sobering regular season loss the Spurs had in years. It went from championship contender to reality check in one night.

The Spurs ceiling is the WCF, it is what it is.

Budkin
01-27-2016, 12:22 PM
This was the most sobering regular season loss the Spurs had in years. It went from championship contender to reality check in one night.

NameLess Scrub
01-27-2016, 12:22 PM
I haven't accepted anything.

I can't get off my mind how easy the Warriors made it look and how hopelessly overmatched the Spurs looked.

:hang

hater
01-27-2016, 12:23 PM
Spurs bubble was burst tbh. It would be a meltdown if we actually had a chance in hell. We never did.

Only good things coming out of this beat down. Fans coming back to reality. Team regrouping and also facing reality.

Oh and Kawhitards have been MIA :lol

CE la vie :lmao

Brazil
01-27-2016, 12:23 PM
On Warriors forum they are partying tbh... well deserved

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFn0PDuUEAA43ah.png

Brazil
01-27-2016, 12:24 PM

:hat here we go

NASpurs
01-27-2016, 12:25 PM
Spurs bubble was burst tbh. It would be a meltdown if we actually had a chance in hell. We never did.

Only good things coming out of this beat down. Fans coming back to reality. Team regrouping and also facing reality.

It's "c'est la vie" for the hundredth time you dumb fuck.

GSH
01-27-2016, 12:27 PM
:hat here we go

You baited the trap and waited for them to show up. I think you just need to work out some frustration, and so you put out a call for some stupid shit to bash. :lol

Brazil
Some nice stuff there: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1424195******=120

They seemed to like the thread about the cheated ball :lol cannot blame then tbh...

Good post here:

#131 (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=45768346#p45768346) » by watch1958 (http://forums.realgm.com/boards/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2209) » Today 2:02 am
My takeaways:
1)Hard for the Spurs to keep up with the Ws in transition.
2)Spurs probably came in assuming their bench was a solid + compared to the Warrior bench. They don't assume that anymore.
3)As far as the Popovich psychological warfare is concerned, I only saw one thing. When Barnes was guarding Leonard, the Spurs really never had him go straight at Harrison. I don't think that was out of respect. Looked more like they were trying to see how they could go at the Warriors if the Dubs schemed Leonard out of the offense. Like "what would we do if they suddenly started Iggy instead of Barnes?"

I think the Spurs know exactly how they will go at Harrison with Leonard, but they are saving it for post-season. Try to steal a game at Oracle by building a lead before the Warriors react.

hater
CE la vie

NASpurs
01-27-2016, 12:29 PM
CE la vie

Google it and educate yourself.

Brazil
01-27-2016, 12:34 PM
Honestly tho... I'm not sure why people are acting like it is not a big deal ?

- Remember the old good points differential BS ? The bad boys oblitared by 30 the team with best point differential of history.... :lol
- Then we had the Damn Spurs are gonna slow the pace staying big and stuff... boom 120 pts
- One of greatest defensive team in History... :lol
- Dat bench ohmy god look at the stats.... well
- Pop: "wow I'm surprised by how well LMA is defending" .... oh yeah
- Oh and my favorite one (thanks ElNono) "who gives a shit if Green plays poorly with this talented roster we have we just need him to a threat..." :lmao

Spurs are a great organization they made pay some weak ass teams for being poorly managed and coached... They just met their daddy and took 120 in the ass...

Robz4000
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM
Spurs have big losses like these every year, especially in championship seasons. It was clear by Pop's rotations/gameplan that he wasn't taking the game seriously. Plus I actually believe Tim will play a huge part in a potential series with GS (sans against the deathball lineup).

From Downtown
01-27-2016, 12:36 PM

We have won 6 guys,it's official

Brazil
01-27-2016, 12:37 PM
^ datis some good delusional dude

Brazil
01-27-2016, 12:47 PM
You baited the trap and waited for them to show up. I think you just need to work out some frustration, and so you put out a call for some stupid shit to bash. :lol

:lol This forum is dying I've to do everything

hater
01-27-2016, 12:59 PM
It's not that bad but its also not that good.

We could easily play better and at least compete. With a healthy Duncan we have a chance in hell.

Sure this still looks like 2012 OKC where no matter what we do they will make bullshit baskets and kill us. But at least we competed in that series. I believe we could compete this year as well. Still big underdogs but still compete.

DarrinS
01-27-2016, 01:01 PM
Curry is the best player in the universe and is unguardable by any human.

Time to tear this thing down and rebuild, tbh.

Oh, and beware of the Grizzlies.

Dex
01-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Warriors played great. Spurs played like crap.

What more is there to say, tbh?

Spur|n|Austin
01-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Speaking of meltdowns, I hope UNT is alright. #RIP

ElNono
01-27-2016, 01:11 PM
ElNono[/B]) "who gives a shit if Green plays poorly with this talented roster we have we just need him to a threat..." :lmao

:lol you're welcome...

IMO, the meltdown is tame because:
1) We're still a great team outside the Dubs
2) Everything people didn't think Pop should do (TP/Mills on Curry, going small, playing end of the bench guys, etc), he did.

That's not to say the Dubs are not better than us, but if Pop didn't give a shit about the game, why should the fans, tbh?

On the other hand, if this loss makes us lose some fairweather bandwagon fans, then all the more positive :lol

Dex
01-27-2016, 01:19 PM

2) Everything people didn't think Pop should do (TP/Mills on Curry, going small, playing end of the bench guys, etc), he did.

That's not to say the Dubs are not better than us, but if Pop didn't give a shit about the game, why should the fans, tbh?

On the other hand, if this loss makes us lose some fairweather bandwagon fans, then all the more positive :lol

That's kinda my spin on it. Pop has been known not to show his cards in the regular season in the past, and the Warriors game was a perfect exemplification of that. Especially once the game started getting out of hand, it became pretty obvious that Pop was going into subterfuge mode. No Green on Curry? Kawhi 6 shots? Simmons, Anderson, AND Butler on the floor? Boban time against Golden State?

Yeah, the 30 point beatdown was disappointing considering I was hoping for a good game...but that's pretty much all I took from it. Spurs gameplan will be vastly different in the playoffs.

r0drig0lac
01-27-2016, 01:25 PM

UNT Eagles 2016
01-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Speaking of meltdowns, I hope UNT is alright. #RIP
wat? I'm getting laid tomorrow night

Robz4000
01-27-2016, 01:29 PM

Your hand doesn't count breh

Brazil
01-27-2016, 01:30 PM

:lol... always good sport my old chap

We are a great team against true but competition is weak... most of the teams are a mess or poorly built, you have a system and a coach and already get 50 wins nowadays. The Juggernaut is the GS and they tapped our ass... 30 points bra...

I'm not buying too much on CIA pop... obviously he did not show all his cards but green on curry, tp on barnes, kawhi attacking mismatches would do what ? losing by only 20 points ?

Still disappointed by dat meltdown :depressed

Mnky
01-27-2016, 01:32 PM

On a Thursday? Get yo azz in the library and get ready for your test. Shenanigans are reserved for the weekend.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2016, 01:39 PM

Let's see them beat us at home first.

Spurs 4 The Win
01-27-2016, 01:43 PM

By your right hand? :lol

From Downtown
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM

We are a great team against true but competition is weak... most of the teams are a mess or poorly built, you have a system and a coach and already get 50 wins nowadays. The Juggernaut is the GS and they tapped our ass... 30 points bra...

I'm not buying too much on CIA pop... obviously he did not show all his cards but green on curry, tp on barnes, kawhi attacking mismatches would do what ? losing by only 20 points ?

Wait till we lose to the Rockets at home tonight,then you'll see the meltdown :lol

ElNono
01-27-2016, 01:49 PM

There's no shame in admitting they're better than us right now... they've been historically good, tbh... it's possible they would kick our asses in a series too, but wouldn't you want to see what our guys could come up with? I would.

Det point guard matchup though, it's like a gulf to overcome...

Uriel
01-27-2016, 02:30 PM
People weren't melting down because the outcome of the game made them depressed, not angry. That's really all there is to it.

Uriel
01-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Let's see them beat us at home first.
Exactly.

The equivalent of the Spurs playing in Golden State without Duncan is the Warriors playing in San Antonio without Draymond Green. Let's see if the Warriors can win that one.

Trainwreck2100
01-27-2016, 02:35 PM
that was a screwy game, the team wasn't doing any of the things that they've done all season, and there was a shitload of unforced errors.

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Exactly.

The equivalent of the Spurs playing in Golden State without Duncan is the Warriors playing in San Antonio without Draymond Green. Let's see if the Warriors can win that one.
:lol no, it's like them playing without Bogut, tbh..

Draymond is by far the 2nd best player in a potential series between these teams, and probably the 2nd most valuable, too..

TXstbobcat
01-27-2016, 03:24 PM
There really isn't much to say when your team is on the wrong end of an Ike Turner beating.

vander
01-27-2016, 03:50 PM
I thought it was pretty good, some entertaining threads: all the spurs players are useless, the ball has some electronic device that made it bounce wrong, the rims use air and magnets to make sure curry hits his shots and spurs don't, CIA pop threw the game etc etc...

TrainOfThought5
01-27-2016, 07:00 PM
You want to bump Gutless Worms?

Ah, a classic.

Capster
01-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I think that the SPURS should "buy me a car" after that pathetic loss to GSW!!! I could stomach a loss by 10, maybe even 12! BUT 30 points????
That loss was butt ugly! Hope the SPURS show up tonight or there is going to be hell to pay! Believe it!

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Spurs have big losses like these every year, especially in championship seasons. It was clear by Pop's rotations/gameplan that he wasn't taking the game seriously. Plus I actually believe Tim will play a huge part in a potential series with GS (sans against the deathball lineup).

Agree with you 100%

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:52 PM

I set the house on fire, microwaved the dog, and jumped off my sixth story balcony. Unfortunately, the snow is so deep here I survived. I will try and do better next meltdown, sir.

Mikeanaro
01-27-2016, 07:56 PM
I set the house on fire, microwaved the dog, and jumped off my sixth story balcony. Unfortunately, the snow is so deep here I survived. I will try and do better next meltdown, sir.
:cry Not the doggie niggie not the doggieeee :cry

BillMc
01-27-2016, 07:59 PM
:cry Not the doggie niggie not the doggieeee :cry

baseline bum
01-27-2016, 08:00 PM
I'll meltdown when they lose to Houston in a couple of hours tbh

Brazil
01-27-2016, 08:45 PM

:lol that's the spirit

dabom
01-27-2016, 08:48 PM
OP a faggot.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-27-2016, 08:59 PM
On a Thursday? Get yo azz in the library and get ready for your test. Shenanigans are reserved for the weekend.

lol, only friday classes are fish classes at UNT. Weekend is friday-sunday so Thursday night is basically like Friday night in high school or for 5-day a week workers.

My first test isn't till mid February

dbestpro
01-27-2016, 09:28 PM
Pop was probably the most happy man in the house. We've seen these beat downs many times before during championship years, and leading up to the rodeo road trip. It gives Pop ammunition right through the playoffs.

RD2191
01-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the shout OP. And yeah I'm upset but moreso with our own players. Was hoping LMA would beast against the Dubs. Hopefully next game against the Dubs.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Most of the people on this board who normally meltdown just didn't care to against the Dubs, tbh.

Brazil
01-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Dat one is a bit better...

Kikoluna
01-31-2016, 10:34 AM
Aldridge laughing on bench really pissed me off. Things have to change. Aldridge for splitter straight up

ceperez
01-31-2016, 10:43 AM
Aldridge laughing on bench really pissed me off. Things have to change. Aldridge for splitter straight up

Yeah, I didn't see anyone else laughing.

Told you folks that getting that all-star selection would make him rest on his laurels.