PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea: Green, Anderson, Mcullom for Batum and Troy Daniels

in2deep
01-27-2016, 02:39 PM
We would be vastly superior with Batum manning the wings and Troy Daniels is a dead eye shooter.

Do it RC

VScF_OTjbpo

hater
01-27-2016, 02:42 PM
:lmao Troy Daniels is possibly the most clutch player in the league.

And Batun >>>> green. But its the Bobcats, lets give it a try :lol

spursistan
01-27-2016, 02:46 PM
need MVParker whispering a pay cut into Batum's ears in the summer, tbh..Then we will take care of Green..

jyra
01-27-2016, 03:07 PM
This only works if Charlotte is afraid that Batum is not going to resign with them. They can easily give him a max deal in the offseason and probably get a better deal elsewhere if they really wanted to trade him. Not need to try for Daniels with Patty around, getting Batum alone would but quite a coup.

Spurs9
01-27-2016, 03:08 PM
:lol Thinking the Hornets would ever consider that deal

From Downtown
01-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Then trade for Matthews,Lillard and Robin Lopez

(Seriosuly tho,I'd love to get Batum,but it ain't happening)

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Spurs need to stop targeting playoff chokers, tbh..they already have Aldridge, no need for another guy that has had 1 decent playoff run out of his 5 appearances..

cjw
01-27-2016, 03:14 PM
One bad game that they rightfully lost, but where (1) team withstood a crapload of turnovers and kept it respectable in the early going, (2) on the road, (3) Curry couldn't miss, (4) Livingston & Rush combine for 11 of 12, (5) Spurs destroyed on the glass, etc... and there are ten trade idea threads started.

How about you dimwits post in the think tank thread unless there's an article posted on it from a reputable source?

Chinook
01-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Spurs need to stop targeting playoff chokers, tbh..they already have Aldridge, no need for another guy that has had 1 decent playoff run out of his 5 appearances..

Seriously. I understand Nic is an upgrade in his talent. But Danny's going to have a few awful series for Batum to catch up to him in terms of playoff performance.

Nathan89
01-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Just trade for Troy Daniels. The Spurs need an elite 3pt shooter that can run around screens to get open.

Green is on a great contract assuming he can pick up his play. Batum will soon be on a bad contract.

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 06:12 PM
I don't want to see either traded. Danny is a playoff performer, even when he's streaky. Kyle is a young player that we are not sure yet which way Pop is heading with. Let's wait until next season b4 we are giving him away so freely.

The elephant in the room are Tony and LMA stinking it up recently and Timmy being injured. No need for cliff jumping.

SouthernFried
01-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Sure, I'll play along.

How about we trade LMA for the best player available. Someone should take us up on it. Where's Isiah these days?

TheGreatYacht
01-27-2016, 06:58 PM
Agreed. Batum is better than any SF we have right now

TheGreatYacht
01-27-2016, 06:59 PM
Trade fat head for a 2020 second round pick

TrainOfThought5
01-27-2016, 07:11 PM
Sure, I'll play along.

How about we trade LMA for the best player available. Someone should take us up on it. Where's Isiah these days?

The Clippers would listen. Blake isnt what he used to be (image/rep)

timtonymanu
01-27-2016, 07:12 PM
Fuck Batum. Just as soft as Aldridge. Would rather have Wes Matthews, if we're talking about former Blazers.

bic50
01-27-2016, 07:28 PM
greatcuck "counter trolling" again.
Anyway I have a feeling spurs will better after the all star break. I wouldn't change anything at the moment.

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Have to bump this bc Danny comes up and has a fire shooting game, right as ppl are calling to trade him...
:wakeup

welcome back Danny.

(Also, nice game by Kyle.. but yea lets give him away for peanuts...):lol

cutewizard
01-28-2016, 01:04 AM
Nocioni says HI hahahahahaha

cutewizard
01-28-2016, 01:05 AM
I think Shaq can still play about 5 mins versus GS, Bobab at center and Shaq at power forward would be devastating hahahahahahaha

JeffDuncan
01-28-2016, 01:30 PM
Troy Daniels, career numbers -- .423 from 3pt range on 208 attempts.
Danny Green, career -- .412 on 1659 3pt attempts.

Ok, Daniels is very slightly better there, in his average, so far in his career.

However, career numbers, per 100 possessions:

Daniels, total rebounds -- 4.7
Green, total rebounds -- 7.0

Daniels, 2pt field goal percentage -- .389
Green, 2pt field goal percentage -- .460

Daniels, steals -- 0.8
Green, steals -- 2.0

Daniels, blocks -- 0.1
Green, blocks -- 1.6

Daniels, free throw % -- .714
Green, FT% -- .828

And even tho Green is not considered much of an assist player:

Daniels, assists -- 2.4
Green, assists -- 3.3

Data from basketball-reference.com

It would be a moronic trade.

Chinook
01-28-2016, 01:38 PM
I mean, obviously Daniels isn't a better player than Green. Obviously. But there's some logic to trading Green for Batum, if you forget that the playoffs happen. The idea that Charlotte wouldn't want even a slumping Danny is absurd.

tholdren
01-28-2016, 07:34 PM
Troy Daniels, career numbers -- .423 from 3pt range on 208 attempts.
Danny Green, career -- .412 on 1659 3pt attempts.

Ok, Daniels is very slightly better there, in his average, so far in his career.

However, career numbers, per 100 possessions:

Daniels, total rebounds -- 4.7
Green, total rebounds -- 7.0

Daniels, 2pt field goal percentage -- .389
Green, 2pt field goal percentage -- .460

Daniels, steals -- 0.8
Green, steals -- 2.0

Daniels, blocks -- 0.1
Green, blocks -- 1.6

Daniels, free throw % -- .714
Green, FT% -- .828

And even tho Green is not considered much of an assist player:

Daniels, assists -- 2.4
Green, assists -- 3.3

Data from basketball-reference.com

It would be a moronic trade.

now list who green plays with and who daniels accumulates stats with.....

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Trade fat head for a 2020 second round pick
i'd trade him for a 2030 second rounder and a goat at this point.

cjw
01-28-2016, 07:41 PM
When did we acquire CJ McCullom?

TheGreatYacht
01-28-2016, 07:44 PM
i'd trade him for a 2030 second rounder and a goat at this point.
We already have the G.O.A.T, he wears #9 bro

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2016, 07:53 PM
We already have the G.O.A.T, he wears #9 bro
missing blue text

apalisoc_9
01-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Green is someone I would never give up on. Hes always been a valuable asset in the playoffs. Hes one guy that can win you a couple games in the playoffs with his defense and offense.

Even if he shot 10% right now, I wouldnt trade him.

in2deep
01-28-2016, 08:21 PM
Green is someone I would never give up on. Hes always been a valuable asset in the playoffs. Hes one guy that can win you a couple games in the playoffs with his defense and offense.

Even if he shot 10% right now, I wouldnt trade him.

So I'm assuming you didn't give up on him as he was bricking us out of the 1st round last year? :rolleyes

Kawhitstorm
01-28-2016, 08:43 PM

Seriously. I understand Nic is an upgrade in his talent. But Danny's going to have a few awful series for Batum to catch up to him in terms of playoff performance.

Are we gonna act like Danny outplayed Batum in the 2014 series.:lol

Batum was actually the Blazers best all-around player in Gms 2-4 & was the main reason they didn't get swept when he shutdown Tony in Gm 4 after Stotts made the defensive switch from Lillard/Matthews. He was also the engine that was running their offense: "I though with the way Nico (Batum) played, the game came a lot easier," Lillard said. "He was attacking, making plays. He was pushing the ball."

Old School 44
01-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Green isn't going anywhere. He's a Spurs lifer.

Mr Bones
01-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Batum has become this year's version of the 2014 Draymond Green/ Khris Middleton, appreciated by real fans, but still under the radar with the general public. His assist numbers are kind of amazing... he'd pair really well with Kawhi, and could potentially be a Manu-like de facto PG...

SpurPadre
01-28-2016, 10:53 PM
How about a corporate knowledge trade with the Hawks consisting of:

Green, Mills, Anderson, and Bonner for Teague, Korver, and Sefolosha

Mr Bones
01-28-2016, 11:01 PM
The only chance the Spurs would have would be a sign & trade in free agency... But starting Kidd-Gilchrist/D. Green at the wings would be an offensive disaster that even Charlotte wouldn't attempt.

SAGirl
01-28-2016, 11:06 PM
How about a corporate knowledge trade with the Hawks consisting of:

Green, Mills, Anderson, and Bonner for Teague, Korver, and Sefolosha

All 3 of Teague/Korver/Sefolosha have fallen statistically and are one of the reasons why ATL is struggling among others.

Korver and Sefolosha are old.

We already have too many old guys so no. At least Batum is younger and a multifaceted guy. He might even be a max player considering everything he's doing for Charlotte this season. But the package of Teague, Korver, and Sefolosha? no thanks.

SpurPadre
01-28-2016, 11:15 PM
All 3 of Teague/Korver/Sefolosha have fallen statistically and are one of the reasons why ATL is struggling among others.

Korver and Sefolosha are old.

We already have too many old guys so no. At least Batum is younger and a multifaceted guy. He might even be a max player considering everything he's doing for Charlotte this season. But the package of Teague, Korver, and Sefolosha? no thanks.

Bonner is no spring chicken either and can you really have a problem with adding a pure 3 point shooter in Korver in a Spurs uniform? Also, would losing Anderson be that big a deal? Thabo would give us another defender to throw at the Dubs, too. Let's not forget a young Teague who is a much better defender than TP and could easily play the old Manu super sub role and even start according to the matchup, i.e. the Dubs. I've been consistent about not wanting old guys but this might be Manu and TD' s last season so we have to go all-in for number 6. Giving up Green would hurt but this wouldn't be a bad deal for us, in my opinion.

SAGirl
01-28-2016, 11:18 PM
Bonner is no spring chicken either and can you really have a problem with adding a pure 3 point shooter in Korver in a Spurs uniform? Also, would losing Anderson be that big a deal? Thabo would give us another defender to throw at the Dubs, too. Let's not forget a young Teague who is a much better defender than TP and could easily play the old Manu super sub role and even start according to the matchup, i.e. the Dubs. I've been consistent about not wanting old guys but this might be Manu and TD' s last season so we have to go all-in for number 6. Giving up Green would hurt but this wouldn't be a bad deal for us, in my opinion.
I would rather have 1 Batum than those 3. I don't like any of them. Korver was elite, but he's fallen, and he's not a good defender. Thabo and Teague are very mediocre at this point, so no. and Korver/Thabo = very old rentals. I would much rather have Batum TBH.

But overall, I would not trade anyone.

SpurPadre
01-28-2016, 11:24 PM
I would rather have 1 Batum than those 3. I don't like any of them. Korver was elite, but he's fallen, and he's not a good defender. Thabo and Teague are very mediocre at this point, so no. and Korver/Thabo = very old rentals. I would much rather have Batum TBH.

Batum just isn't realistic, moneywise. This would be realistic from a money standpoint and from a smoother transition standpoint. I also think you're underestimating Teague. Thabo' s role would also be easier for him to handle with the Spurs since his minutes would be reduced.

SpursIndonesia
01-29-2016, 01:47 AM
Batum has become this year's version of the 2014 Draymond Green/ Khris Middleton, appreciated by real fans, but still under the radar with the general public. His assist numbers are kind of amazing... he'd pair really well with Kawhi, and could potentially be a Manu-like de facto PG...

This is always my long time idea of him, as the best available replacement for Manu. But ofcourse the way he has been playing this season, he simply becomes unaffordable next summer.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-29-2016, 01:58 AM
Batum's trade value was at its lowest last summer ( Vonleh and Henderson :lol ) but the Spurs had other things to do. I'm pretty sure if the Hornets are not confident they could re-sign him or not happy about paying him the max or near max they'd be happy to trade him for someone on a longer contract like Danny Green, so the trade idea isn't unrealistic despite the difference in talent. However, there are many factors why the Spurs wouldn't risk it right now - historically good record, amazing defense - why would you wanna mess with this? Also, they might not be happy paying him that much in the summer. And of course, the fact that his playoff production goes down unlike Green's.

That said, he'd better stay put in Charlotte, wouldn't wanna see some contender pick him up, tbh.

Nathan89
01-29-2016, 02:19 AM

Korver is returning back to form as of late. He tried to change his shooting form and now he changed it back.

Not saying I like the trade though.

DenialTwist
01-29-2016, 06:02 AM
Tim Bontemps already mentioned that the Spurs would go after Batum in the offseason because of the French Connection. Apparently, Jeff McDonald the spurs beat writer has a hunch that might happen. But Batum is going to get paid next season, I doubt he takes a discount. I think Korver is perfect for the spurs, his shooting is top notch but after that Delly injury last year in the playoffs he's been different.

DarrinS
01-29-2016, 08:09 AM
I'll trust RC and Pop over ST posters.

T Park
01-29-2016, 02:08 PM
so we want to trade someone who's integral to the team, is shooting 47% from three and over 40% from three for two months, for a guy who is not even close to being as good a shooter, and disrupt what chemistry this team has, for what reason?

Now, I like Batum more than Danny Green. You obviously think he's better. So tell me, why would the Charlotte Hornets do it?

Kawhitstorm
01-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Batum's trade value was at its lowest last summer ( Vonleh and Henderson :lol ) but the Spurs had other things to do. I'm pretty sure if the Hornets are not confident they could re-sign him or not happy about paying him the max or near max they'd be happy to trade him for someone on a longer contract like Danny Green, so the trade idea isn't unrealistic despite the difference in talent. However, there are many factors why the Spurs wouldn't risk it right now - historically good record, amazing defense - why would you wanna mess with this? Also, they might not be happy paying him that much in the summer. And of course, the fact that his playoff production goes down unlike Green's.

That said, he'd better stay put in Charlotte, wouldn't wanna see some contender pick him up, tbh.

Batum is an unrestricted free agent this upcoming Summer so he's most likely going to get close to 18mill per meaning a sign-&-trade with just Danny would work.:lol Batum would be a good fit w/ the Hawks who still have a void at the wing position after Carroll signed w/ the Raptors.

Mr Bones
01-29-2016, 04:24 PM
so we want to trade someone who's integral to the team, is shooting 47% from three and over 40% from three for two months, for a guy who is not even close to being as good a shooter, and disrupt what chemistry this team has, for what reason?

Now, I like Batum more than Danny Green. You obviously think he's better. So tell me, why would the Charlotte Hornets do it?

Batum's a free agent after this season, so if he indicates to Charlotte he has no intention of returning it would be plausible for them to consider a trade...

ceperez
01-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Batum's a free agent after this season, so if he indicates to Charlotte he has no intention of returning it would be plausible for them to consider a trade...

As much as I'm content with Green, I wouldn't mind a trade for Batum.

james evans
01-30-2016, 02:39 AM
I wouldnt' trade anderson, but I have a better Ideas, green and mcollum for Rudy Gay. Since Green's defense this season is ass and he can't hit an open jump shot, it would be great

Chinook
01-30-2016, 02:58 AM
I wouldnt' trade anderson, but I have a better Ideas, green and mcollum for Rudy Gay. Since Green's defense this season is ass and he can't hit an open jump shot, it would be great

How's life back in November treating you?

james evans
01-30-2016, 03:07 AM
How's life back in November treating you?
Treating me fine. I'm about to watch this Holm vs Rousey fight tomorrow night. Holm has great stand up, but I don't think she can beat Rousey though.

Horry Hipcheck
01-30-2016, 04:40 AM
Partially implode a 39-7 team halfway through the season.

01-30-2016, 05:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3JSWmM8F9E

Trade Danny Curry?!

TheMulletMan3000
01-30-2016, 06:25 AM
Partially implode a 39-7 team halfway through the season.
Give one good reason not to? :lol

100%duncan
01-30-2016, 07:46 AM
So I'm assuming you didn't give up on him as he was bricking us out of the 1st round last year? :rolleyes

Yes especially since he was the best player in game 7

szkorhetz
01-30-2016, 08:54 AM
We should just try to get Neal back. As much as I hated him and his no-defense approach, right now, with both Mills (we don't talk about this, but Mills is terrible lately) and Green is shooting slump, we could use his instant scoring.

CGD
01-30-2016, 09:30 AM
I love Danny and he fits this current Spurs team really well. However, if Manu and Tim retire he's one of the best assets the Spurs have to get better. His contract is amazing value and can be packaged with Diaws expiring (plus a pick) to make numbers work for a decent return.

The reality is you have to give up something good to get something good back. A package built around Kyle Anderson's and parts isn't going to get you much...

T Park
01-30-2016, 02:00 PM

They could get way more for Batum than that. Be realistic.

T Park
01-30-2016, 02:00 PM
We should just try to get Neal back. As much as I hated him and his no-defense approach, right now, with both Mills (we don't talk about this, but Mills is terrible lately) and Green is shooting slump, we could use his instant scoring.

Danny Green is shooting over 40% from three for the past two months.

Mr Bones
01-30-2016, 03:53 PM
They could get way more for Batum than that. Be realistic.

I didn't endorse the specific trade brought up in this thread... i'm just saying it's plausible that Charlotte could be open to an in-season trade or post-season sign & trade based on the circumstances.