PDA

View Full Version : Boban,Kyle,Simmons not named in rookieand sophome game.

apalisoc_9
01-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Sad......

From Downtown
01-27-2016, 03:42 PM
I think they missed a chance with Boban as he's definitely a big "attraction" (a bit like Porz before people realised actually realised he was incredibly good),but Capela,Jokic and Porzingis all play bigger roles and deserve it more than him and even Powell has better raw stats

As for Simmons and Kyle I don't think they ever had a chance and rightly so,seeing who they've chosen

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 04:36 PM
They play in a deep team and don't get much of a chance to be seen and I suppose they devalue garbage time, but considering how they blow out even garbage time crews you know there is talent there.

apalisoc_9
01-27-2016, 04:42 PM
Hezonja made the team. He hardly plays anymore.

From Downtown
01-27-2016, 04:43 PM
Hezonja made the team. He hardly plays anymore.
He's still a top 5 pick,he has way more visibility

SpursFan86
01-27-2016, 04:51 PM
KA isn't even averaging 4 ppg...there's no way they were going to select him :lol

Simmons is better than Russell at the moment, but again, the raw numbers don't do him justice. Russell is averaging 12/3/3; Simmons is averaging 6/1/1. Not to mention the fact that he's a hyped up lottery pick who plays in LA.

I am a little surprised they picked Powell over Boban though. There's not much difference in their raw numbers aside from Powell playing nearly twice as many minutes, and Boban has been a huge fan attraction this year.

r0drig0lac
01-27-2016, 04:53 PM
lmao Kyle

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 05:01 PM
KA isn't even averaging 4 ppg...there's no way they were going to select him :lol

Simmons is better than Russell at the moment, but again, the raw numbers don't do him justice. Russell is averaging 12/3/3; Simmons is averaging 6/1/1. Not to mention the fact that he's a hyped up lottery pick who plays in LA.

I am a little surprised they picked Powell over Boban though. There's not much difference in their raw numbers aside from Powell playing nearly twice as many minutes, and Boban has been a huge fan attraction this year.
Like I said they just don't play enough and of the minutes they have played (specially Boban and Simmons) about 5 or more games was pure freelancing garbage time when Pop just got to see how they did and they were not pretty. Early on both were both prone to TO and bad but they had some sort of breakout game. Kyle played more consistently since earlier but he was very passive and not shooting very well until recently when he has become more consistently aggressive.

Overall though you add them up and there wasn't sufficient positive exposure. A shame bc they have talent but it is better to be in a good team than play in a bad team and be featured in this game. Maybe next season Boban and Simmons make it. They might have (hopefully) a postseason breakout game!!

SpursFan86
01-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Yeah I'm not trying to necessarily say that none of them were good enough to make it...just that it's not really surprising at all that they didn't considering how few minutes they play compared to the guys who did make it.

I did think Boban would make it though, despite how few of minutes he's played. He's gotten a good amount of exposure and fans are going crazy over him...and it's not like Dwight Powell is some super hyped up player in LA or NY.

ceperez
01-27-2016, 05:06 PM
Like I said they just don't play enough and of the minutes they have played (specially Boban and Simmons) about 5 or more games was pure freelancing garbage time when Pop just got to see how they did and they were not pretty. Early on both were both prone to TO and bad but they had some sort of breakout game. Kyle played more consistently since earlier but he was very passive and not shooting very well until recently when he has become more consistently aggressive.

Overall though you add them up and there wasn't sufficient positive exposure. A shame bc they have talent but it is better to be in a good team than play in a bad team and be featured in this game. Maybe next season Boban and Simmons make it. They might have (hopefully) a postseason breakout game!!

Absolutely unfair for both Boban and Simmons. Look at both these guys percentages. They aren't playing for a cellar dweller where a lot of games are blowouts (in the opposite direction of the Spurs blowouts).

HarlemHeat37
01-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Didn't think Kyle or Simmons would make it, but they probably should have considered Simmons for entertainment purposes..

A little surprised Boban didn't get in, though..his numbers are solid for his PT, and he already has a larger fan following than all the rookies/sophomores outside of a few exceptions:lol..

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Absolutely unfair for both Boban and Simmons. Look at both these guys percentages. They aren't playing for a cellar dweller where a lot of games are blowouts (in the opposite direction of the Spurs blowouts).
I agree I also think Kyle doesn't have the talent that would call attention. But it's insufficient visibility and some of their games were meh. They will shine in the playoffs at some point hopefully which is much better than this pointless game.

Cklbmk
01-27-2016, 05:46 PM
We are so lucky that Boban didn't make it. Might keep his contract a little more reasonable

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 05:53 PM
And I mean even Baynes made an appearance in the postseason so
I Am not discounting the chance to sed them in the postseason. We have an old team. I hope Pop gives a chance to new guys b4 we sink if someone can't bring it and we already have a few candidates for postseason wilting.

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 05:57 PM
It's disappointing for Boban specially. There are many athletic dunking guys there already but Boban is truly unique.

MultiTroll
01-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Let it be a little more fuel for them to pursue a legit Championship.
Only award True Spurs care about.

:lol Media *All Star* games.

cjw
01-27-2016, 09:38 PM
All three of the rookies/sophs are way more exciting than half of the rosters. Kyle with his old man game, Simmons with his explosiveness (imagine those dunks in a pickup game) and Boban being Boban.

Let's petition to get Simmons into the dunk contest and have him dunk over Boban.