PDA

View Full Version : It's not worth hand-wringing about.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 07:38 AM
The Spurs are actually maximizing their potential given their roster. Danny is finally back (50% from 3 in Jan.). LMA has worked out in 95% of the games. Parker has resurged on all levels, from offense to defense. Kawhi is the best two way player in the league. Duncan, while banged up right now, has remained his stalwart self. And the bench is one of the best in league.

There's really nothing to "improve" with this team from a rotation or strategy standpoint. And if the Warriors didn't exist, we'd living it up on here and pretty much be dusting off the shelf for number 6.

I'm not going to bemoan our luck or situation, since the Basketball Gods have smiled on us plenty of times, but yes, it does kind of suck that what could be the best team in franchise history exists at the same time as what could be the best team (by far) in NBA history. It's gotten to the point that when the Warriors win by "only" 15, I start believing they're "vulnerable."

The optimists will be rolling their eyes here. No. I'm not giving up. We have a puncher's chance, and maybe (but improbably) the Warriors are just riding a variance streak right now and will come back down to Earth. I'm just highlighting a reason for a lot of the angst and argument on here lately is because we're trying to measure ourselves up against the Warriors, trying to figure out a formula (more touches for Kawhi, more Simmons, less Danny, small ball, limiting Tony's minutes, etc) when there is none. Curry is having the best season in NBA history and is surrounded by a perfect complementary roster who are all in their primes and playing at their peak.

And again, no, I'm not giving up. Just saying it's not worth stressing over. There's no magic lineups. Or strategies. They're just better, but hopefully we can land a surprise knockout punch somehow, and win the what would be the greatest title in franchise history (even sweeter, imo, than 5).

G-Dawgg
01-28-2016, 07:53 AM
Bottom line: Golden State has the heart of a champion and are prepared to defend their title. The Spurs apparently are too scared to compete with them and started crying when they got punched in the nose rather than fighting back. I love my Spurs, but they were too scared to stand up to the bully on Monday night. They need to find their balls if they are to compete with Golden State. Hell, we keep comparing our team to Golden State, but what about OKC? How do we know that the Spurs can even beat OKC? No matter what our record is or how highly ranked our offense/defense is at the end of the year, if the Spurs play like scared pussies against OKC and turn the ball over or miss easy shots like they did against the Warriors then we'd lose to them in a 7 game series too....

100%duncan
01-28-2016, 07:54 AM
It was a road game without our leader holding LMA's and Kawhi's hands. Chill. It was an expected loss, we're still the 2nd best team in the league. Stay healthy, peak at the right time, that's all we can ask for imho.

DarrinS
01-28-2016, 07:59 AM
If the Spurs played their best basketball at Oracle and lost by 30, then I'd be wringing my hands.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 08:02 AM
It was a road game without our leader holding LMA's and Kawhi's hands. Chill. It was an expected loss, we're still the 2nd best team in the league. Stay healthy, peak at the right time, that's all we can ask for imho.

I'm perfectly chill. My essential point is that it's not worth writing dissertations on and stressing over (or throwing players under the bus) about "How do we beat the Warriors?"

This is just retarded :lol

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-41.png?w=575

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-53.png?w=575

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-6.png?w=575

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-7.png?w=575

I'm cool with our Buster Douglas role. Let's shock the world :toast

Chinook
01-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Of course there's a strategy to beat the Warriors. And I think the Spurs know what it is already. That the Spurs are maximizing their potential (which they're not) in general does not mean that they played their best against Golden State. Like seriously. And in general, the Spurs have been a more dominant team, so I really don't get the basis for this thread.

100%duncan
01-28-2016, 08:12 AM
I'm perfectly chill. My essential point is that it's not worth writing dissertations on and stressing over (or throwing players under the bus) about "How do we beat the Warriors?"

This is just retarded :lol

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-41.png?w=575

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-53.png?w=575

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-6.png?w=575

https://espnfivethirtyeight.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/morris-stephcurry-7.png?w=575

I'm cool with our Buster Douglas role. Let's shock the world :toast

That loss is not worth stressing about but we can talk about strategies imho, not that it would matter. And yes Steph is on another stratosphere but its not like the Spurs playerd really well and didnt shit the bed last game.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Of course there's a strategy to beat the Warriors. And I think the Spurs know what it is already. That the Spurs are maximizing their potential (which they're not) in general does not mean that they played their best against Golden State. Like seriously. And in general, the Spurs have been a more dominant team, so I really don't get the basis for this thread.

What is it?

Overpower them with size? They swarm post-offenses into committing turnovers/rushing shots. They also get away with a ludicrous amount of contact in the paint.

Match them with small ball? Can't. They're already the best small ball team of all-time.

Beautiful game? They're adept at deflecting passes.

There's only 2 strategies I can think of:

Cut the head off the snake. I used to think letting Curry get his and shutting everyone else down was the answer, but I just don't think that is feasible. In the above graph, you see how Curry only shoots 4-25 with defenders less than 2 feet from him. It's a small sample size, but Cleveland employed a smothering tactic with Delly and it slowed him down. Parker can't press Curry and run the offense at the same time, so I think it's going to take a team effort of Danny, Manu, Simmons (who has good footspeed), and Kawhi pressing the fuck out of him. One guy gets tired, sub the other in. Pick him up at half court and stick to him as much as you can. Try to turn him into a passer and see if choker Klay Thompson or Raymond (who will be down there matched up with the much longer LMA or Duncan) can beat you. Harrison Barnes and Iggy really don't scare me, and if they do beat us, tip of the hat.

Relentless penetration. They have no shot blocking. In the past, a younger Tony used to shred those fucks. If Tony can stay spry, Manu has a resurgence, Simmons grows more, and Kawhi improves his dribble drive game (which he's been doing), we might have enough weapons.

raybies
01-28-2016, 08:28 AM
If the Spurs played their best basketball at Oracle and lost by 30, then I'd be wringing my hands.

This.

Robz4000
01-28-2016, 08:32 AM
What is it?

Overpower them with size? They swarm post-offenses into committing turnovers/rushing shots. They also get away with a ludicrous amount of contact in the paint.

Match them with small ball? Can't. They're already the best small ball team of all-time.

Beautiful game? They're adept at deflecting passes.

There's only 2 strategies I can think of:

Cut the head off the snake. I used to think letting Curry get his and shutting everyone else down was the answer, but I just don't think that is feasible. In the above graph, you see how Curry only shoots 4-25 with defenders less than 2 feet from him. It's a small sample size, but Cleveland employed a smothering tactic with Delly and it slowed him down. Parker can't press Curry and run the offense at the same time, so I think it's going to take a team effort of Danny, Manu, Simmons (who has good footspeed), and Kawhi pressing the fuck out of him. One guy gets tired, sub the other in. Pick him up at half court and stick to him as much as you can. Try to turn him into a passer and see if choker Klay Thompson or Raymond (who will be down there matched up with the much longer LMA or Duncan) can beat you. Harrison Barnes and Iggy really don't scare me, and if they do beat us, tip of the hat.

Relentless penetration. They have no shot blocking. In the past, a younger Tony used to shred those fucks. If Tony can stay spry, Manu has a resurgence, Simmons grows more, and Kawhi improves his dribble drive game (which he's been doing), we might have enough weapons.

Still think it's the same tactic as always: Green on Curry, Kawhi on Klay, Parker on Barnes/Iggy. Pop only threw out those defensive assignments for a possession or two Monday and despite what was said about Kawhi's defense, whoever was guarded by him did struggle.

DMC
01-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Spurs might never see the Warriors in the playoffs. Worry about getting there 1st.

Having a great season most often doesnt equate to a ring regardless of what scoreboarders preach. I just want a good season. A ring would be great though.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Still think it's the same tactic as always: Green on Curry, Kawhi on Klay, Parker on Barnes/Iggy. Pop only threw out those defensive assignments for a possession or two Monday and despite what was said about Kawhi's defense, whoever was guarded by him did struggle.

Yeah, no problem with that. The question is how will Green (and the other players who will take turns on Curry) defend Curry?

Smother him? Or just play standard 3-4 feet away defense, which Curry will shred?

There's also combating the issue of the avalanche of moving screens GS runs for him.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Pop knows how to beat them. Spurs have the Players to beat them. Pop just wanted to the Spurs to taste defeat so they take their game to even a higher level, much like last night

If Green and Patty start shooting their usually 42% from 3 consistently, KA and Simmons continue to develop, LMA plays like he is capable of from now on, and Boban as the Spurs Wildcard player, the Spurs have shown they can be the most dominate team in the league. This team is more than capable of beating GS. Pop just isn't one to show his hand early in the season to known playoff competitors. Its frustrating but I have learned to live with it.

About the Rockets, they had only lost 3 (Cavs, Clips and Pistons) of their last 12 games coming into last night. And over the two months, they have only lost by double digits 3 times. Guess which team beat them 2 times by double digits. This is a team that use to give the Spurs fit now being completely owned by them.

Robz4000
01-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Yeah, no problem with that. The question is how will Green (and the other players who will take turns on Curry) defend Curry?

Smother him? Or just play standard 3-4 feet away defense, which Curry will shred?

There's also combating the issue of the avalanche of moving screens GS runs for him.

Green generally gets pretty close when defending him iirc. Just needs to be careful not to foul him when he pumpfakes.

UZER
01-28-2016, 08:57 AM
I think pop rolled the ball out and let them see where they were at on their own. Is not the end of the world. There is way more strategy involved playing them. That's not excusing the effort from some players, or dismissing worrisome things, or CIA Pop nonsense. But, now they have a game under their belt with film to breakdown.

jag
01-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Pop may have wanted to see them humbled, but he certainly didn't want to see 25 turnovers. That's not a genius coach pulling strings, that's just the players reacting poorly to a swarming defense.

raybies
01-28-2016, 09:03 AM
We'll be fine. I think there is alot of over analyzing. To put it simple we didn't play like ourselves. We turned the ball over, we fouled, we took bad shots etc. Let's see where we are at when we play them again like our normal selves. I see it as a tight ball game. We weren't disciplined and we just really played out of character. It was a good loss. Would rather have a team that is hungry than a team drunk with confidence. Some adversity is just gonna make us better.

NameLess Scrub
01-28-2016, 09:09 AM
It's not worth stressing over because the Spurs can't do nothing. Keep blowing out the rest of the league.

The league depends on the Warriors getting colder shooting wise to have a chance.

You can't beat tough shot after tough shot. And I don't trust the refs will get to a point where moving screens and hacking get to be actually costly for the Warriors.

I can't wring my hands though.. there's not smiley for that here :lol

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Pop may have wanted to see them humbled, but he certainly didn't want to see 25 turnovers. That's not a genius coach pulling strings, that's just the players reacting poorly to a swarming defense.

That was the combination of sloppy play, no sets being run, and the Warriors getting away with a ton of fouls.

But it showed the Spurs what worked and didn't work playing a loose game. Game film is critical for the Spurs and they got a lot of it Monday night.

Brazil
01-28-2016, 09:40 AM
The Spurs are actually maximizing their potential given their roster. Danny is finally back (50% from 3 in Jan.). LMA has worked out in 95% of the games. Parker has resurged on all levels, from offense to defense. Kawhi is the best two way player in the league. Duncan, while banged up right now, has remained his stalwart self. And the bench is one of the best in league.

There's really nothing to "improve" with this team from a rotation or strategy standpoint. And if the Warriors didn't exist, we'd living it up on here and pretty much be dusting off the shelf for number 6.

I'm not going to bemoan our luck or situation, since the Basketball Gods have smiled on us plenty of times, but yes, it does kind of suck that what could be the best team in franchise history exists at the same time as what could be the best team (by far) in NBA history. It's gotten to the point that when the Warriors win by "only" 15, I start believing they're "vulnerable."

The optimists will be rolling their eyes here. No. I'm not giving up. We have a puncher's chance, and maybe (but improbably) the Warriors are just riding a variance streak right now and will come back down to Earth. I'm just highlighting a reason for a lot of the angst and argument on here lately is because we're trying to measure ourselves up against the Warriors, trying to figure out a formula (more touches for Kawhi, more Simmons, less Danny, small ball, limiting Tony's minutes, etc) when there is none. Curry is having the best season in NBA history and is surrounded by a perfect complementary roster who are all in their primes and playing at their peak.

And again, no, I'm not giving up. Just saying it's not worth stressing over. There's no magic lineups. Or strategies. They're just better, but hopefully we can land a surprise knockout punch somehow, and win the what would be the greatest title in franchise history (even sweeter, imo, than 5).

That's a very good sumup and exactly what I think too

Spurs are a great team having an historical season but GSW is just something else... no reason to give up but the GSW are fluke, vulnerable, we match up well with them etc etc are delusional arguments

To stand a chance we need to be health, shooting, game plan at our peak and they need to slightly below their average... not impossible but odds are not with us

Chinook
01-28-2016, 09:54 AM
What is it?

Spurs should try shooting from the high post rather than the low post. Green's weakness isn't that he's small, but that he's short. Why people think short guys are easy to back down is something I'll never understand. But Aldridge and Anderson would be fine if they just faced up and used their shooting skills to loosen up the defense.

Depends on what small-ball means. There's a reason why the Warriors aren't playing Green at center against the Spurs. But yeah, they could do a lot better by playing Anderson at the four for stretches. He can guard Barnes while Leonard guards Draymond.

Cut the head off the snake.

There's no point in making it a goal to stop Curry. Put Green/Parker on him and call it a day. Despite what ESPN kept saying, Danny had no problems checking Steph last game. I think that might be why Pop pulled him. Curry dropped 44 on the Spurs in Game One in 2013, but it was even clear in that game that Danny could guard him. Then Pop went to that over the rest of the series and shut Curry down. I think Pop doesn't want to give the Warriors a chance to adjust to Green, and he wants to give Kawhi some experience guarding Steph.

Anyway, the "head of the snake" is actually Draymond. Put Leonard on him and take away his passing. Curry will NOT beat the Spurs by himself. Parker can't guard Klay, but he can stay home on him behind the arc. I'm fine with Thompson dropping 30 if it takes him 25 touches to get there. So Anderson or Diaw just have to not let Barnes go off, and the normal lineup is pretty well locked up.

Relentless penetration.

You have to be urgent but not hasty. It's the same way the Spurs beat the Heat in 2014. The Warriors are jumping passing lanes because the Spurs aren't thinking about what they're doing. Guys are dribbing assuming their usual passing lanes will be open and then find themselves trapped when they aren't. So they have to change the game a bit, just like they did against the Heat with the Danny Cut and the Pacers did against the Heat with the short-roll. You stop being so predictable on offense, and you force the defense to think, and you end up getting your driving lanes back.

Chinook
01-28-2016, 09:56 AM
People don't understand that swarming defenses aren't really all that good. They require a ton of energy and rely on gambles paying off. The Spurs adjusted to the Heat in 2014, so there's no reason to assume they won't adjust to the Warriors over the course of a series. Hell, Memphis of all teams managed to beat the Warriors in a game. Of course the Spurs can beat them in a series.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-28-2016, 10:00 AM
People don't understand that swarming defenses aren't really all that good. They require a ton of energy and rely on gambles paying off. The Spurs adjusted to the Heat in 2014, so there's no reason to assume they won't adjust to the Warriors over the course of a series. Hell, Memphis of all teams managed to beat the Warriors in a game. Of course the Spurs can beat them in a series.

They did the same against OKC as well that same year. People fail to realize the Spurs are the best at adjusting to any team. Their track record has shown just that.

Fireball
01-28-2016, 10:14 AM
good post ... OP ... I agree

UNT Eagles 2016
01-28-2016, 10:20 AM
I think Steph Curry made a deal with the devil. Or, a djinn or something. It's the only legitimate explanation.

MultiTroll
01-28-2016, 10:48 AM
After one game this season, conclusion is Warriors are not that good and Spurs are not that bad. Perspective:

Nov 2014
Spurs 113 - Warriors 110

April 2015
Spurs 107 - Warriors 92

MultiTroll
01-28-2016, 10:49 AM
After one game this season, conclusion is Warriors are not that good and Spurs are not that bad. Perspective:

Nov 2014
Spurs 113 - Warriors 110

April 2015
Spurs 107 - Warriors 92

However after seeing all of Spurs/Ws and Mavs/Ws, Warriorref is a legitimate concern.

ElNono
01-28-2016, 10:54 AM
It's just silly to try to take much away from regular season games, even more from a single game, IMO.

Playoffs are a lot about matchups, because tactically, they're largely a completely different game. It's actually pretty common to have your 1st and 2nd option neutered for games in a series (GS is no exception, look at the Finals last year). Games are called different, and there's much more attention to detail wrt your opponent in the series.

Now, it's not that we played to lose that game against the Dubs, but this was no playoff game. Pop didn't coach it like it, team didn't prepare it like it, etc, and there's zero wrong with that.
The Spurs have a lot of work still ahead of them, and we knew this before that game. Especially on consistency in execution, players you can give the ball and rely on, etc. It's stuff we're still working on because we know there's a much higher ceiling with this team, and we're not there yet. And so we'll keep chomping at that bit and hopefully we'll get better in time for the playoffs.

I would also add that we've been in that position before where we felt like a million bucks team, only for a freak injury to derail our season. And that's why you want to keep improving and trying to be the best team you can be, because you really never know what you're going to be facing. The only thing you can control is getting better, and that's what we're doing.

skulls138
01-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Why even think about GS? Why even think about OKC? The only thing we should think about is improving, which there is plenty of room to do, and taking things one game at a time. Things will take care of themselves...or not...but its the best approach if we want another ring. Its about confidence and momentum and we have to put our nose to the grindstone. I think thats why LMA canceled his Twitter account because if we want a ring basketball is the only thing that the Spurs should think about. And we as Spurs fans should also take on this attitude. Lets relax knowing that we are the Spurs and we are the feared ones too.

LMA has been good but could be better. KA and Simmons have plenty of room to grow. Who knows the untapped potential of Boban. You think Diaw cant do better? What about Greene finding himself again? Kawhi has been great but he could find his 2013 Finals form. All these things and more have the potential to make us way better than we are right now. If all these things pan out the way they could, that could inspire the big three to step back into the time machine and BAM we could be the best team of all times.

Stop thinking about facts and stats, they only explain the past. Think instead of inspiration and positivity and gaining momentum. That loss to GS couldve been the best thing that happens to us

Agloco
01-28-2016, 12:46 PM

This.

Horse
01-28-2016, 01:38 PM

Why has everyone forgot this team does not come together until after the rodeo road trip and maybe not all the way until march? Did that look like our Spurs on Monday? And credit to the warriors but it was more than just them. Did Pop even leave his seat?

Kidd K
01-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Some of you are acting like the Spurs "gave up" or were "pussies" for letting the game go early? Have you just started watching this team? There's no reason to reveal all your tricks and waste energy in a regular season game vs your biggest rival when you're already down big. Better to surprise them with effective tactics in the playoffs and steal a game or two on the road because of them not being prepared.

This. No Duncan and at GSW vs fully healthy GSW. Anyone who expects a win there is delusional.

dabom
01-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Chinook and ElNono shitting all over OP. :lmao

Time to give up. One regular season game. :lmao

YGWHI
01-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Now, it's not that we played to lose that game against the Dubs, but this was no playoff game. Pop didn't coach it like it, team didn't prepare it like it, etc, and there's zero wrong with that.
Well...It's not like he was a lot better last playoffs, that was one of the worst coaching series of his career.

He couldn't adjust to poor Parker's performances, he was too reluctant to play other options, a bad game plan on both ends.

I try to stay positive and believe that Monday night Pop didn't "show all his cars" but...not sure.

SAGirl
01-29-2016, 09:27 PM
Well...It's not like he was a lot better last playoffs, that was one of the worst coaching series of his career.

He couldn't adjust to poor Parker's performances, he was too reluctant to play other options, a bad game plan on both ends.

I try to stay positive and believe that Monday night Pop didn't "show all his cars" but...not sure.

I am not sure what Pop will show us in the postseason, but I have seen him willing to play more guys than previously. A huge part of it is development, but also it's a new team. Pop got to see everyone in this game, in different lineups (except Tim). Anyone he wanted to see put in some spot he got to see. Diaw was very underwhelming. In fact, everyone was pretty much playing poorly. It was a teamwide breakdown.

Maybe the need for a new leader to rise? We don't know. I definitely think there was a bit of CIA POP at work. He was too nonchalant in this kind of loss, when normally he's fuming in beatdown like this.

z0sa
01-29-2016, 09:33 PM
Spurs beat themselves vs warriors. There is VERY little to take away from that game.

ElNono
01-29-2016, 09:38 PM

Well, of course he was much more attentive. There's no "adjustment" to your top players not playing well, that's the bottom line. He didn't 'adjust' to Tony sucking against Dallas in the 1st round the year before either, we had to find a way to win through it.

It's not uncommon to lose your 1st or 2nd option in a playoff series, but that doesn't mean you don't keep playing those guys. It's not just the Spurs, but pretty much every team.

Last playoffs, Kawhi also went from high to low, Manu wasn't stellar, we missed a couple of chip shots that could've won the game and series for us... this season we have a few more options, and hopefully the team as a whole can improve where you have more versatility when your first few options are neutered.

100%duncan
01-29-2016, 09:39 PM
That game should be miles away from being Pop's fault tbh. Players outside West showed no heart. And those turnovers damn... Of course you get blown out by 30.

YGWHI
01-29-2016, 09:42 PM
I am not sure what Pop will show us in the postseason, but I have seen him willing to play more guys than previously. A huge part of it is development, but also it's a new team. Pop got to see everyone in this game, in different lineups (except Tim). Anyone he wanted to see put in some spot he got to see. Diaw was very underwhelming. In fact, everyone was pretty much playing poorly. It was a teamwide breakdown.

Maybe the need for a new leader to rise? We don't know. I definitely think there was a bit of CIA POP at work. He was too nonchalant in this kind of loss, when normally he's fuming in beatdown like this.

Do you really think that if it was a close game we would have seen a lot of Simms, Rasual, and the rest of the bench?

YGWHI
01-29-2016, 09:47 PM
Well, of course he was much more attentive. There's no "adjustment" to your top players not playing well, that's the bottom line. He didn't 'adjust' to Tony sucking against Dallas in the 1st round the year before either, we had to find a way to win through it.
Not sure. He played an injured point guard a ton of minutes when his back up looked really good. You have to find a way to win through it or... you can find other way to win.

SAGirl
01-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Do you really think that if it was a close game we would have seen a lot of Simms, Rasual, and the rest of the guys?
I doubt it.
There is only one vacancy in the rotation and Simmons earned it, and in a tight game, he's really only played 8 mins. He has played a few more when he's doing an excellent defensive job (like he did against Cleveland), and those minutes have been gifted by Danny actually having a bad game shooting/compounded by him missing defensive assignments.

Anderson has seen a few minutes against playoff teams as well, and those minutes were being gifted by Diaw not being able to handle his defensive assignments(CLE/GRIZZ), and he's likely to play a few minutes now bc Tim is down and against some matchups he's a better option than the other big we have in Boban.

Those are the only circumstances I see those two playing in the postseason up to this point. I could see Rasual if you need a shooter. He's been solid every time and doesn't need a whole lot to stay ready.

Now I am not saying I see any of these guys to close out a game, but I can see them giving minutes bc in certain circumstances their specific skillset is needed.

But they are roleplayers, the stars are the ones who have to do the heavy lifting and they are irreplaceable. You can sub one roleplayer for another and get similar production, though no identical, but what your best players do for the team cannot easily be replaced.

ElNono
01-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Not sure. He played an injured point guard a ton of minutes when his back up looked really good. You have to find a way to win through it or... you can find other way to win.

AFAIK, other than Chris Paul in the last game, nobody was injured. And you play your best players unless they can't play. That always happened when we won it all, or when we didn't.

Sometimes you need a stroke of luck, or you're just not good enough. It's hard to win it all.