PDA

View Full Version : Loss to the Warriors are exactly what this team needed

sananspursfan21
01-28-2016, 11:59 AM
I think anyway. Spurs have had a cushy schedule all season (maybe just because they're that good) and no one has really challenged them this year yet. All 6 previous losses came because these guys beat themselves...actually, the GS loss was exacerbated by turnovers. It would have at least been close had the game not been sloppy. Plus, the Warriors are young and a very energetic team. Spurs came in very business like and unpahsed. Normally, I love this persona but sometimes it really comes back to bite them. Warriors couldn't wait. You'd almost think they got no sleep in anticipation and just smoked a bunch of meth for energy prior. Bottom line, this game challenged them obviously, something they haven't seen all season. It was quite a wake up. I for one, aside from bragging rights removed and the annoying media, am really glad this beating happened. Keep these fellas sharp, and they responded well in Houston by returning the favor.

This year's warrior team is amazing. But they're also human and beatable. Curry is the only unguardable player. I'm not worried about them until late April rolls around and the season series is 4-0 with an average margin of 23.754465 per game.

ironman2886
01-28-2016, 12:24 PM
I think so too. It was a perfect storm of defensive mistakes, low energy, TOs, missing easy buckets, and Pop messing with the lineups. Just kind of scary though, because Warriors in a matter of days put a beat down on Cleveland, Chicago, San Antonio, and Dallas. It won't happen again, though. Spurs beat down the Warriors two of the 3 times last year, and they still walked into the Finals no problem. Pop and the coaching staff have some work to do, and the team needs to play like they give a shit next time. Pop likes to downplay big games in the regular season. I wonder if it rubs off on the players.

houston spurs fan
01-28-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't know guys. I've been watching the NBA a long time and I'm not sure I've ever seen a team this dominant. I know the league is down this this year with the major drop offs of team like Portland, Memphis, Houston, even Dallas and the Clip a little. Anxious to see how we do March 19th. I keep reminding myself of 2013 finals and even 2005 where we suffered major blowouts but didn't get blown out of the series.

Rain Man
01-28-2016, 12:33 PM
It is exactly what they needed. They need to realize that coming in second to the greatest team ever assembled is not such a bad thing. If the Warriors were not there everyone would be talking about the Spurs' dominance. The cold hard truth though is that everyone is just fighting for 2nd place.

703 Spurz
01-28-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't give a fuck until GS wins big in San Antonio. If they do that and the Spurs look as shitty as they did in GS on Monday I'd concede the season then.

ceperez
01-28-2016, 12:38 PM
I think anyway. Spurs have had a cushy schedule all season (maybe just because they're that good) and no one has really challenged them this year yet. All 6 previous losses came because these guys beat themselves...actually, the GS loss was exacerbated by turnovers. It would have at least been close had the game not been sloppy. Plus, the Warriors are young and a very energetic team. Spurs came in very business like and unpahsed. Normally, I love this persona but sometimes it really comes back to bite them. Warriors couldn't wait. You'd almost think they got no sleep in anticipation and just smoked a bunch of meth for energy prior. Bottom line, this game challenged them obviously, something they haven't seen all season. It was quite a wake up. I for one, aside from bragging rights removed and the annoying media, am really glad this beating happened. Keep these fellas sharp, and they responded well in Houston by returning the favor.

This year's warrior team is amazing. But they're also human and beatable. Curry is the only unguardable player. I'm not worried about them until late April rolls around and the season series is 4-0 with an average margin of 23.754465 per game.

I agree, the it was a "cushy schedule".

Manu was right when he said they need a lot of improvement. A good wakeup call for Green and Aldridge who have been complacent the entire year. Spurs absolutely need to improve if they have any chance of stealing the championship from GSW.

I this juncture, GSW has practically won the championship and the Spurs need to take to opportunity to steal it from them.

I think the narrative about GSW expected to win it all will do wonders for the Spurs.

01-28-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't give a fuck until GS wins big in San Antonio. If they do that and the Spurs look as shitty as they did in GS on Monday I'd concede the season then.
Meh, Spurs have gotten blown out at home before in the regular season. I won't panic until it's 0-3 and got blown out in SA.

Although, I expect GS to repeat anyway.

Arcadian
01-28-2016, 02:02 PM
It'll make a nice plot twist in the championship DVD.

skulls138
01-28-2016, 11:16 PM
I don't know guys. I've been watching the NBA a long time and I'm not sure I've ever seen a team this dominant. I know the league is down this this year with the major drop offs of team like Portland, Memphis, Houston, even Dallas and the Clip a little. Anxious to see how we do March 19th. I keep reminding myself of 2013 finals and even 2005 where we suffered major blowouts but didn't get blown out of the series.Who cares? If they are better than us, they are better than us all we got to do is leave it on the court and let the chips fall where they may. I feel we have alot of room for improvement thats attainable like getting the passing game under control and perfected. We need to slow the game down and play the big man game but it we cant control the ball we cant get it to them.

SpursBig3s
01-28-2016, 11:29 PM
I agree, the it was a "cushy schedule".

Manu was right when he said they need a lot of improvement. A good wakeup call for Green and Aldridge who have been complacent the entire year. Spurs absolutely need to improve if they have any chance of stealing the championship from GSW.

I this juncture, GSW has practically won the championship and the Spurs need to take to opportunity to steal it from them.

I think the narrative about GSW expected to win it all will do wonders for the Spurs.

Said this in the Aldridge thread, but I'll eat my crow here bro. LMA was awful Monday night, while I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as you say, he does need to prove it and ball out against a good team. He bounced back like I thought he would against Houston, but... its the Rockets:lol

daslicer
01-28-2016, 11:42 PM
Not going to let any losses to the Warriors ruin the fun I have watching these games considering this could be Duncan's last season. Duncan is the soul of this team once he retires I don't think things will be the same again. The Warriors are the favorites to win it all again but I still believe the spurs have a chance at hell at pulling off the greatest upset of all time. I'll worry about the Warriors once the Spurs face them in the playoffs. For now I don't give a shit about them. Enjoy this season this might be the last time in a long time you will see a spurs team win 60+ games.

OrEmuN
01-29-2016, 12:06 AM
GSW is the best team on paper and in performance, at the moment.
It is for them to lose.

Spurs still have the best chance amongst the other teams to get a series against GSW.
Doesn't change just because of a loss.
Just have to keep improving n hope it is sufficient.

spurs10
01-29-2016, 12:52 AM
It'll make a nice plot twist in the championship DVD. :hat Yep!

sananspursfan21
01-29-2016, 10:23 AM
It'll make a nice plot twist in the championship DVD.

This. All but what, one championship year San Antonio was NOT the runaway team. OKC and the Heat in 13, Suns in 05 and 07, Lakers in 03. 99 is the only year I can think of that you just had a feeling all along it was gonna be us.

cd98
01-29-2016, 10:38 AM
I agree. You can only blow teams out by 20 points so often before you start believing you are better than you really are and get lax. I'm not sure the Spurs got lax, but they definitely know they need to take their defense up a few notches and improve their shooting and mental toughness. It was a ncie wake up call and they showed some bite against the Rockets.

BatManu20
01-29-2016, 10:58 AM
It is exactly what they needed. They need to realize that coming in second to the greatest team ever assembled is not such a bad thing. If the Warriors were not there everyone would be talking about the Spurs' dominance. The cold hard truth though is that everyone is just fighting for 2nd place.

Sup Stevie.

ajh18
01-29-2016, 11:08 AM
I agree. You can only blow teams out by 20 points so often before you start believing you are better than you really are and get lax. I'm not sure the Spurs got lax, but they definitely know they need to take their defense up a few notches and improve their shooting and mental toughness. It was a ncie wake up call and they showed some bite against the Rockets.

I agree with this. Hard to motivate a team to get better when they have the best point differential in NBA history. Now? This game was a PERFECT thing to point to as a reason to keep improving. And it happened with enough time left in the year where they actually can do that.

Rain Man
01-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Sup Stevie.

Stevie? I'm lost. I know that you are trying to say I am someone else but I don't know who Stevie is or why I am being compared to him.

Either way... sup?

NameLess Scrub
01-29-2016, 02:39 PM
If the Spurs win the DVD will be crappy
It might even cover the Warriors more

NameLess Scrub
01-29-2016, 02:44 PM
In '14 they were #1 from day 1.
Not sure if they were favorites though..

Sean Cagney
01-29-2016, 03:13 PM
I don't know guys. I've been watching the NBA a long time and I'm not sure I've ever seen a team this dominant. I know the league is down this this year with the major drop offs of team like Portland, Memphis, Houston, even Dallas and the Clip a little. Anxious to see how we do March 19th. I keep reminding myself of 2013 finals and even 2005 where we suffered major blowouts but didn't get blown out of the series.I think the Bulls team I saw was more dominant than this GSW team. I agree this team is one of the better ones I have seen though as far as dominance.

Kool Bob Love
01-29-2016, 05:23 PM
Losing has never been a "good thing". Loser talk.

RGMCSE
01-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Losing has never been a "good thing". Loser talk.

Nah, this team needed to know where the bar is set. Now they'll know what it's gonna take. Looking back at it the Spurs turned the ball over and missed shots. Bad combo against a bitch if a team at home. Spurs will be ready next time. By the playoffs this is going to be a close matchup.

Buddy Mignon
01-29-2016, 07:57 PM
You clowns are adorable.

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:19 PM
You clowns are adorable.

You should go over to Lakersground and see that dumpster fire.

YGWHI
01-29-2016, 08:32 PM
We lost ugly in Oakland last year an still won the "regular season series" against them 2-1...I like our chances this year.

z0sa
01-29-2016, 08:51 PM
You should go over to Lakersground and see that dumpster fire.

Not more adorable than he 30k post Lakerfan hanging out in the Spurs forum.

SAGirl
01-29-2016, 09:23 PM
I would not say it was exactly what we needed, but it was for sure better to face something like this now than in the postseason.

When games get out of hand, that is when teams have to dig down deep and play with each other and buckle down. The team needed adversity like this to get better. We were not going to catch GSW in the standings anyways. We have an old team and guys were going to get rested. GSW is young and in a historic race of their own.

soxxx
01-29-2016, 09:34 PM
Remember when the Spurs lost to the Blazers in 2013?

sammy
01-29-2016, 10:03 PM
They were bound to lose! Remember we were blown out by OKC and Cojo was the only one not scared and dunked on Ibaka! We won the Championship that year and took out OKC in the playoffs! I saw Simmons playing his heart out and no fear which reminded me of Cojo playing the same way with no fear even though OKC was racking up the score and we had conceded the game and GSW was doing the same thing! This was a wake up call then and a wake up call now! So I am not worried! Timmy is a big difference! He mans the paint and LA is so dependent on Timmy's presence and it showed how terrible they are without Timmy!

daslicer
01-29-2016, 10:24 PM
This loss was crap I won't say it was a good thing. Spurs have 3 more cracks at the warriors during the regular season and will have atleast 4 cracks at them in the playoffs to figure them out.

Spurtacular
01-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Not sure if it's exactly what they needed. But I think the Spurs are now hungrier at least in the short term.

skulls138
01-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Losing has never been a "good thing". Loser talk.In reality losing in the playoffs is the only loss that counts and if it takes losing in the regular season to get right for the playoffs, Im all for it.

Kool Bob Love
01-30-2016, 10:51 PM
In reality losing in the playoffs is the only loss that counts and if it takes losing in the regular season to get right for the playoffs, Im all for it.

Say bye bye to home court advantage.

ViceCity86
01-30-2016, 11:11 PM
:lmao