PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Why Is Jim So Quiet About Kobe's Retirement???

Buddy Mignon
01-28-2016, 02:42 PM
Everyone is chiming in except for Jim. These two have a quiet hatred for each other. Kobe did throw a jab saying Jim was no competition at all for him.

Double-Up
01-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Why do you give a fuck? Ah, well we already know the answer. :lol

Buddy Mignon
01-28-2016, 02:45 PM
Why do you give a fuck? Ah, well we already know the answer. :lol

I saw the highlights of the Spurs throttling yall last night. :lmao

Thread
01-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Everyone is chiming in except for Jim. These two have a quiet hatred for each other. Kobe did throw a jab saying Jim was no competition at all for him.

Exactly, Duncan won't play ball. He's got a mean streak just like every other asshole in the line. Like what he did to Howard that time. Like what he did to Amy that time. He portends to be this step & fetch it character, as they like 'em there in the deep South, but, he takes his shots. That's what he and that organization is doing with the Bryant business. "No, I'm not going to go along, and you can't make me."

It's human. And in a way it is gratifying:::he ain't nothin' special.

Kidd K
01-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Since the rest of the league and entire media is sucking his dick, there's no reason for any Spur or anyone else for that matter who has any pride to do the same.

You don't celebrate players on other teams' retiring unless you're glad they're gone. Kobe has been irrelevant for years so him leaving doesn't matter. If anything he's been holding the Lakers back for nearly half a decade.

You're retiring? K. Handshake and see ya' later. Nothing else is necessary imo unless it is a teammate, former teammate, or someone who helps new players and is a role model for how to conduct yourself as a professional. Kobe is none of those things.

Thread
01-28-2016, 03:03 PM
Since the rest of the league and entire media is sucking his dick, there's no reason for any Spur or anyone else for that matter who has any pride to do the same.

You don't celebrate players on other teams' retiring unless you're glad they're gone. Kobe has been irrelevant for years so him leaving doesn't matter. If anything he's been holding the Lakers back for nearly half a decade.

You're retiring? K. Handshake and see ya' later. Nothing else is necessary imo unless it is a teammate, former teammate, or someone who helps new players and is a role model for how to conduct yourself as a professional. Kobe is none of those things.

Horseshit, it's a quid pro quo arrangement among professionals. It is not Kobe who is stepping from the protocol, but, your people who are stonewalling it. Don't fret though, KK, it ain't like anybody is going to call ya's on it. I mean some old fuck in Phoenix? They could care less. You can repudiate him without fear of identification, or, condemnation.

You should be so proud.

Double-Up
01-28-2016, 03:04 PM
I saw the highlights of the Spurs throttling yall last night. :lmao

You're watching spur highlights now? Wow...shows how much the lakers suck ass if you've relegated to that... :lol

Mitch
01-28-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't really expect any less from Timothy, he just cares about the men who he gets peeks at when they shower after every game.

Arcadian
01-28-2016, 03:14 PM
He doesn't acknowledge his inferiors.

Thread
01-28-2016, 03:21 PM
He doesn't acknowledge his inferiors.

Of course not. You couldn't make him do this with a Glock to his head. Let $25 million get away from him in a San Antonio parking garage, yes, playing along on a decree out of NYC/Silver on the retirement of Bryant,,,no.

Frank Dux
01-28-2016, 03:45 PM
lol @ these PC pansies. "You're supposed to say something nice about my hero because he's retiring!!! :( "

This sense of entitlement for the highest paid player on the worst team in the league is getting a bit ridiculous. Why the hell would anybody say something good about Kobe right now? The man who was once one of the best players in the league is now the model of a loser mentality. Kobe is too busy cheering for other teams as they beat his own team and worshiping a different California team in hopes that they can keep Jim from reaching 6 to deserve praise at the moment. Hopefully in the second half of the season he can stop acting like such a loser.

MultiTroll
01-28-2016, 03:48 PM
lol @ these PC pansies. "You're supposed to say something nice about my hero because he's retiring!!! :( "

:lol
Spunky Mignon is one of the boards foremost pansies.

DMC
01-28-2016, 05:21 PM
Exactly, Duncan won't play ball. He's got a mean streak just like every other asshole in the line. Like what he did to Howard that time. Like what he did to Amy that time. He portends to be this step & fetch it character, as they like 'em there in the deep South, but, he takes his shots. That's what he and that organization is doing with the Bryant business. "No, I'm not going to go along, and you can't make me."

It's human. And in a way it is gratifying:::he ain't nothin' special.

It could only be gratifying if your guy is nothing special. 20 years later you are still making your peace with it.

Thread
01-28-2016, 05:37 PM
It could only be gratifying if your guy is nothing special. 20 years later you are still making your peace with it.

If I'm lucky.

pgardn
01-28-2016, 08:32 PM
Yeah?

Duncan spends quite a bit of time commenting on players.
The guy is always throwing around casual accolades on Twitter.

Thread
01-28-2016, 09:25 PM
Yeah?

Duncan spends quite a bit of time commenting on players.
The guy is always throwing around casual accolades on Twitter.

Only pussies & assholes do Twitter.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 09:42 PM
Why we would he care about inferior players?

Notice all the players giving Kirby props have less total rings, Finals MVPs, and MVPs. They look up to him. Tim looks up to no one.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Of course not. You couldn't make him do this with a Glock to his head. Let $25 million get away from him in a San Antonio parking garage, yes, playing along on a decree out of NYC/Silver on the retirement of Bryant,,,no.

I'm just glad you recognize that Kobe is Duncan's inferior.

Reck
01-28-2016, 09:43 PM
:lol looking for validation from someone you trash talk every day. :lol

Thread
01-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Why we would he care about inferior players?

You too, Midst? Christ, it's nothing but 1 step forward---2 steps back with you.

You're hopeless.

Thread
01-28-2016, 09:46 PM
I'm just glad you recognize that Kobe is Duncan's inferior.

What a piss pot exclamation to me. Totally without respect.

Catch those farts, fartcatcher.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 09:49 PM
You too, Midst? Christ, it's nothing but 1 step forward---2 steps back with you.

You're hopeless.

Bryant is inferior.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/basketball/131923d1403679294-tim-duncan-vs-kobe-bryant-poll-nba-most-trophys.jpg

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 09:51 PM
What a piss pot exclamation to me. Totally without respect.

Catch those farts, fartcatcher.

It sounded like you agreed with Arc's contention of Bryant being inferior to Duncan but cited other reasons for Duncan's silence on the issue (Bryant's retirement).

Sometimes your text is ambiguous, Cub.

Thread
01-28-2016, 09:53 PM
It sounded like you agreed with Arc's contention of Bryant being inferior to Duncan but cited other reasons for Duncan's silence on the issue (Bryant's retirement).

Sometimes your text is ambiguous, Cub.

My ass.

Just shut up.

midnightpulp
01-28-2016, 10:00 PM
My ass.

Just shut up.

Fair enough, Cub. I misread.

wingster
01-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Wait til February 19th. At the latest.

Thread
01-28-2016, 10:25 PM
Fair enough, Cub. I misread.

It's a legitimate indictment of Duncan and the Spurs organization. Kobe has made overtures the past year:::Admitting to grudging the Spurs their onions. Praising the Spurs their onions. Praising Duncan.

The evolution of Bryant has been a reality. He's uncomfortable with it, yes, but, he has tried to transfer what has changed in his heart & mind to the community. It doesn't look good from the outside world, but, he's knelt---and it's been in broad daylight.

The boy is gone. The hard heart,,,the refusal to bend,,,the silly manifestations,,,the rampaging. Only the man remains.

We've let every other soul back in. Every single one...and the lion's share of those have not held fast and have fled back to pillar and to post. I don't think Kobe will flee. He'll take it. He dished it.

Kidd K
01-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Horseshit, it's a quid pro quo arrangement among professionals. It is not Kobe who is stepping from the protocol, but, your people who are stonewalling it. Don't fret though, KK, it ain't like anybody is going to call ya's on it. I mean some old fuck in Phoenix? They could care less. You can repudiate him without fear of identification, or, condemnation.

You should be so proud.

Where did I not say they were stonewalling it? That's the proper move. You don't celebrate players from other teams unless they did something like be the first black ball player or something. Kobe has done nothing transcendent and you know it. Don't be disingenuous man. He was a very good player but it ends there. Hasn't done anything other at least one other player hasn't already done and better. He is not deserving of league-wide celebration.

Thread
01-31-2016, 11:43 AM
Where did I not say they were stonewalling it? That's the proper move. You don't celebrate players from other teams unless they did something like be the first black ball player or something. Kobe has done nothing transcendent and you know it. Don't be disingenuous man. He was a very good player but it ends there. Hasn't done anything other at least one other player hasn't already done and better. He is not deserving of league-wide celebration.

No, it's not, but, your people made that choice. It's small, it's petty, and, it's typical.

Kidd K
01-31-2016, 11:54 AM
No, it's not, but, your people made that choice. It's small, it's petty, and, it's typical.

I had the exact same opinion about Jeter when he retired.

This is not unique to Kobe or the Lakers. Opposing teams should not be celebrating players who are not on their team. I'd rather be called petty by you than buckle to idiotic peer pressure and make a bitch move by celebrating a player who has never played for my team and done nothing transcendent.

Thread
01-31-2016, 12:35 PM
I had the exact same opinion about Jeter when he retired.

This is not unique to Kobe or the Lakers. Opposing teams should not be celebrating players who are not on their team. I'd rather be called petty by you than buckle to idiotic peer pressure and make a bitch move by celebrating a player who has never played for my team and done nothing transcendent.

But, it's the way it's always been done. Nobody should have rallied to Kobe's camp after he raped, but, the line was long and distinguished like Kool's cock.

The Spurs have not shunned Kobe out of principle, just out of spite. Just as Kobe has evolved,,,the Spurs hold on all the tighter...a death grip. They know no other way.

Relevancy
01-31-2016, 01:48 PM
Duncan is just a quiet guy

DarrinS
01-31-2016, 02:20 PM
Maybe he thought Kobe retired a few years back. :lmao

Kidd K
01-31-2016, 06:38 PM
But, it's the way it's always been done. Nobody should have rallied to Kobe's camp after he raped, but, the line was long and distinguished like Kool's cock.

The Spurs have not shunned Kobe out of principle, just out of spite. Just as Kobe has evolved,,,the Spurs hold on all the tighter...a death grip. They know no other way.

That's your opinion and wild assumption of a guess that it's spite though, not reality. I don't celebrate Kobe out of "principle". Yeah, I dislike Kobe's typical fans (dumb as fuck and extremely ignorant), but you will not hear me saying he wasn't a great player. Do I feel overrated? Yes. Bad? Ofc not. I just don't celebrate players on teams I don't follow. Never have, never will. If I was a player I wouldn't either unless we were friends off court or something. The Spurs not celebrating him is the correct response that all non-Lakers teams should have imo to any player not at least formerly on their team, not just Kobe.

Thread
01-31-2016, 07:11 PM
That's your opinion and wild assumption of a guess that it's spite though, not reality. I don't celebrate Kobe out of "principle". Yeah, I dislike Kobe's typical fans (dumb as fuck and extremely ignorant), but you will not hear me saying he wasn't a great player. Do I feel overrated? Yes. Bad? Ofc not. I just don't celebrate players on teams I don't follow. Never have, never will. If I was a player I wouldn't either unless we were friends off court or something. The Spurs not celebrating him is the correct response that all non-Lakers teams should have imo to any player not at least formerly on their team, not just Kobe.

You would. They're a brotherhood, a union, a bond takes place and you'd go even if you hated Kobe as many, many do. The Spurs have taken the exception here. Doesn't surprise me. They've been incapable of taking it since Pop got the con.

DMC
01-31-2016, 10:35 PM
It's a legitimate indictment of Duncan and the Spurs organization. Kobe has made overtures the past year:::Admitting to grudging the Spurs their onions. Praising the Spurs their onions. Praising Duncan.

The evolution of Bryant has been a reality. He's uncomfortable with it, yes, but, he has tried to transfer what has changed in his heart & mind to the community. It doesn't look good from the outside world, but, he's knelt---and it's been in broad daylight.

The boy is gone. The hard heart,,,the refusal to bend,,,the silly manifestations,,,the rampaging. Only the man remains.

We've let every other soul back in. Every single one...and the lion's share of those have not held fast and have fled back to pillar and to post. I don't think Kobe will flee. He'll take it. He dished it.

Honor isn't how gracious you act when your at the bottom, but how gracious you act when you're at the top. Kobe was a prick when he was at the top. Reap it.

DMC
01-31-2016, 10:36 PM
You would. They're a brotherhood, a union, a bond takes place and you'd go even if you hated Kobe as many, many do. The Spurs have taken the exception here. Doesn't surprise me. They've been incapable of taking it since Pop got the con.

Though they took it to 5.

HemisfairArena
01-31-2016, 10:42 PM
Why is he so quiet?,,,because when he wins his 6th,,,,he doesn't want to be associated with the guys who only have 5,,,,tbh.

Kidd K
02-01-2016, 07:27 PM

Nah man I wouldn't. You don't give rival players gifts while they're still in the league and celebrate their careers. Giving positive comments (such as "he's had a nice career" to the media, which is fine) isn't the same as giving physical gifts and throwing pre game celebrations in front of your home fans for him. There's a line there imo.

Do you have an issue with how Pop runs things though? He's done a fine job leading a lower budget team that hasn't had any high draft picks in nearly a couple decades to pretty high success. Hard to deny the effectiveness there isn't it? His personality has been a big part of that.

DMC
02-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Tim was quiet about the rape, quiet about everything that happens in the league. He didn't fault Kobe, didn't praise him. Tim is trying to be Tim, doesn't study Kobe or any of you faggots who do.

Thread
02-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Nah man I wouldn't. You don't give rival players gifts while they're still in the league and celebrate their careers. Giving positive comments (such as "he's had a nice career" to the media, which is fine) isn't the same as giving physical gifts and throwing pre game celebrations in front of your home fans for him. There's a line there imo.

Do you have an issue with how Pop runs things though? He's done a fine job leading a lower budget team that hasn't had any high draft picks in nearly a couple decades to pretty high success. Hard to deny the effectiveness there isn't it? His personality has been a big part of that.

I've acknowledged Popovich's brilliance on a semi regular basis.

SpursforSix
02-01-2016, 09:12 PM
I've acknowledged Popovich's brilliance on a semi regular basis.

Do it again.

Thread
02-01-2016, 11:12 PM
Do it again.

I ain't doing it on demand.

phyzik
02-02-2016, 01:10 AM
nm5xckqfBcA

Buddy and Kool together, Dale off camera trying to get hard and join in on the "beating" each other.

pookenstein
02-02-2016, 03:13 AM
Only pussies & assholes do Twitter.

https://twitter.com/kobebryant (https://twitter.com/kobebryant)

What a pussy.
What an asshole.

Thread
02-02-2016, 05:05 AM
nm5xckqfBcA

Buddy and Kool together, Dale off camera trying to get hard and join in on the "beating" each other.

Gee. Fizz comin' downstairs. It's been a while.

phyzik
02-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Gee. Fizz comin' downstairs. It's been a while.

I'm always downstairs, I just lurk most of the time. Hardly ever ascend to the upper floor except to see if anyone posted any articles I may have missed.