PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Should We Pass On Simmons For Buddy?

Buddy Mignon
01-29-2016, 12:28 AM
My man Buddy is hella nice. Reminds me of a young Wade with range.

8uK4EwZfZ1s

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 12:51 AM
You should just pass on trying to be an NBA team. You fuckers are garbage. I hope the fans demand their money back from Time Warner.

TrainOfThought5
01-29-2016, 12:52 AM
You should just pass on trying to being an NBA team. You fuckers are garbage. I hope the fans demand their money back from Time Warner.

Splits
01-29-2016, 12:55 AM
You should just pass on trying to be an NBA team. You fuckers are garbage. I hope the fans demand their money back from Time Warner.

Mid

RsxPiimp
01-29-2016, 01:01 AM
Nah, Simmons is the real deal. If we can't get him, Ingram should be our guy. Dude will make D'Angelo's life easier tbh.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:03 AM
Nah, Simmons is the real deal. If we can't get him, Ingram should be our guy. Dude will make D'Angelo's life easier tbh.

Gonna be traded.

Notice how he played tonight after the trade rumors?

The Lakers should move Andre Miller 0.5 after the All Star game, where his stock will be high following his Rising Stars appearance.

Mitch
01-29-2016, 01:04 AM
Simmons has shown to be the best candidate so far, he'll probably go #1 unless something changes about him.

daslicer
01-29-2016, 01:06 AM

Would you give up the number 1 pick for Durant in a sign and trade or somehow using it to get Westbrook?

Joseph Kony
01-29-2016, 01:24 AM
OP loves faggish anime cartoons

Snaq O'Meal
01-29-2016, 02:06 AM
OP loves faggish anime cartoons

Paki Mignon in his younger days:

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/345/125/92a.png

Silver&Black
01-29-2016, 03:38 AM
:lmao Wondering who you should pick in January

Mal
01-29-2016, 04:50 AM

With top lottery pick :lmao

LkrFan
01-29-2016, 05:18 AM

What are your thoughts on the 1996-1997 Spurs son?

Ball Buster
01-29-2016, 06:20 AM
I'd take any of those.. two guys. Just means we get another asset, and the sting of the Steve Nash trade gets erased completely, as we keep our high draft picks following his departure. :toast

Silver&Black
01-29-2016, 07:11 AM

Talking about shit that happened two decades ago...

:lol -20 points Humberto

buttsR4rebounding
01-29-2016, 08:07 AM

8uK4EwZfZ1s

Looks like he ready to chew through some logs and build him a dam.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-29-2016, 08:19 AM

Luck.

Persons (Spurs 6th man missed the entire season), Robinson (missed 75 games), Elliott (missed 42 games), and Charles Smith (Spurs starting PF missing 73 games).

An injury plague season couldn't have happen at a more perfect time for the Spurs.

Thread
01-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Luck.

Persons (Spurs 6th man missed the entire season), Robinson (missed 75 games), Elliott (missed 42 games), and Charles Smith (Spurs starting PF missing 73 games).

An injury plague season couldn't have happen at a more perfect time for the Spurs.

Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

Killakobe81
01-29-2016, 08:31 AM
I like Buddy not sure he deserves place over Simmons or Ingram or some experts say even Dunn. But he is nice every game I saw he has delivered no denying that ...in fact made a thread talking about his play vs. Kansas several weeks back .... But, people always forget to factor age when making these type of comparisons. That is why I laugh when Reggie Miller says he thinks Nance will be better long term than Randle or Russ he might prove to be but he is 3 years older so he should right now ... just like Hield should be playing better this year than Simmons or Ingram... he has at least 2 more years experience at a high level than they do. The real comparison, is their freshman years and Simmons Kills him there. I do have some concerns and doubts about Simmons. But passing him over for Hield would be the mistake these dumb ass Spur fans think we did last year in taking Russ over Oak ...

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-29-2016, 08:33 AM
Only pussies & assholes play the injury card.

I'm not playing anything, it's the truth. Shit, I even knew the Spurs would suck when Person, then Smith then Robinson all went down at the start of that season. At the time, I didn't follow College BB that much so I didn't know who Duncan was.

Spurs got lucky, and that's that.

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm not playing anything, it's the truth. Shit, I even knew the Spurs would suck when Person, then Smith then Robinson all went down at the start of that season. At the time, I didn't follow College BB that much so I didn't know who Duncan was.

Spurs got lucky, and that's that.
Thats Bail scripted response anytime the word injury is used, as if Bail is a bastion of standards.

Thread
01-29-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm not playing anything, it's the truth.

It's pussy. It's chickenshit. Don't do it.

Thread
01-29-2016, 08:45 AM
Thats Bail scripted response anytime the word injury is used, as if Bail is a bastion of standards.

& yet you named me as the sagest of all LF's.

Just shows ta go ya.

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:53 AM
& yet you named me as the sagest of all LF's.

Just shows ta go ya.
Your peers are a cartoon fetish paki and the most desperate troll on the site. You should want to live that down.

I get it that you consider my take to be the real standard. I didnt need to repeat it, got you doing it for me.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-29-2016, 08:53 AM
It's pussy. It's chickenshit. Don't do it.

No it's not. The dude is asking why the Spurs suck in 96-97. Fact is 3 starters and the Spurs 6th man missed most of the season. That's my explanation. What's yours.

Just for the record, the Spurs record the year before 59-23, the year after 56-26. So you tell me, why the anomaly.

Thread
01-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Your peers are a cartoon fetish paki and the most desperate troll on the site. You should want to live that down.

They got the con here.

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:56 AM
They got the con here.
You lack the authority to assign it.

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:57 AM
No it's not. The dude is asking why the Spurs suck in 96-97. Fact is 3 starters and the Spurs 6th man missed most of the season. That's my explanation. What's yours.

Just for the record, the Spurs record the year before 59-23, the year after 56-26. So you tell me, why the anomaly.He's upset that the Lakers have spent 4 years trying to do what it took us 1 year to do. We even tank better than they do.

K...
01-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Maybe what L.A. Is doing is going to rock bottom,, trading all assets, then buying the Minnesota franchise and moving it to L.A.. think about it, Wiggins, Towns, gold and purple! Retiring KG!

Buddy Mignon
01-29-2016, 09:04 AM
I like Buddy not sure he deserves place over Simmons or Ingram or some experts say even Dunn. But he is nice every game I saw he has delivered no denying that ...in fact made a thread talking about his play vs. Kansas several weeks back .... But, people always forget to factor age when making these type of comparisons. That is why I laugh when Reggie Miller says he thinks Nance will be better long term than Randle or Russ he might prove to be but he is 3 years older so he should right now ... just like Hield should be playing better this year than Simmons or Ingram... he has at least 2 more years experience at a high level than they do. The real comparison, is their freshman years and Simmons Kills him there. I do have some concerns and doubts about Simmons. But passing him over for Hield would be the mistake these dumb ass Spur fans think we did last year in taking Russ over Oak ...

Buddy is by far the best guard coming out. He's NBA ready right now. I think Nance will be very nice, but Randle is going to explode once he settles down. He misses a ton of chip shots and that comes from playing too fast. Simmons will not be able to play his still in the NBA. He's got to show a consistent jumper.There are some studs coming out this season.

Thread
01-29-2016, 09:18 AM
You lack the authority to assign it.

Nonetheless they run it.

They

Thread
01-29-2016, 09:19 AM
He's upset that the Lakers have spent 4 years trying to do what it took us 1 year to do. We even tank better than they do.

You struck the template.

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2016, 09:25 AM

8uK4EwZfZ1s

You really do be favoring the dark skinned niggas :lol

DMC
01-29-2016, 09:31 AM
You struck the template.
So you cant follow a template.

Noticed you aborted the triple comment. Clean that up.

DMC
01-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Nonetheless they run it.

They
No

Thread
01-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Noticed you aborted the triple comment.

lmcontrollinao!!!

01-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Luck.

Please. Yous struck the template, C_W_S. Hinkie and the likes are just following in your footsteps.

DMC
01-29-2016, 10:05 AM
lmcontrollinao!!!
You laid a turd now you are acting like it was intentional. Anytime you try to talk ball you come across like a neophyte.

Killakobe81
01-29-2016, 10:33 AM

:lol

LkrFan
01-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Talking about shit that happened two decades ago...

:lol -20 points Humberto

LkrFan
01-29-2016, 10:45 AM
Luck.

:lmao - fuck yo "luck" clown :rollin :lmao :rollin

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-29-2016, 11:18 AM
:lmao - fuck yo "luck" clown :rollin :lmao :rollin

I'll take it. 5 championship later. Winning the NBA lottery that year was like hitting the jackpots of all jackpots in terms of drafting.

Enjoy D-bust, Randle, Swaggy P, Nance Jr. (reverse of Curry to his father Dell).

Lakers 9-39. Couldn't get any worse at this point, so optimism is in order.

Buddy Mignon
01-29-2016, 11:35 AM

Lol... by nature I'm a field nigga with house nigga taste.

ambchang
01-29-2016, 01:37 PM
What stupid fans don't understand, and that seem to include most of the laker fans who frequent ST, is that tanking doesn't really yield many results in and of itself.

In order to really improve with high draft picks, you have to:
1) Thank properly
2) Get the #1 pick (Luck)
3) Develop that talent, which includes coaching, getting the right organization (management)
4) Develop a winning culture, which is hard to do for a team bad enough to win the #1 pick (management)
5) Get the right players to surround that pick for championships (management)

The lakers, right now, have bad management, and even with great picks, they are not going to make it.

Look at all the teams that got those rare superstars with the #1 pick in the last 40 years.

1979 - Magic went #1, but he went to the Lakers, which was a winning organization with great management back then. They won 5 titles
1984 - Lottery was created because of Olajuwon. They didn't get a ring out of it for the longest time, and finally got two rings after management getting their crap together.
1985 - First lottery used to get Ewing. They didn't get a ring out of it.
1987 - Robinson was drafted, the team didn't get a ring until Duncan join (see later)
1992 - Shaq was drafted. Orlando didn't get a ring out of it, despite getting the #1 pick again the next year
1997 - Duncan. The Spurs already had Robinson, and management finally woke up and put together a team with a winning culture. Spurs got 5 titles out of it
2003 - Lebron. Cavs didn't get anything out of it, waiting to see if they can in the second run
2007 - Oden. Injured. Bust. Portland didn't get anything out of it.

Overall, tanking doesn't work at all without management actually putting in work.

Killakobe81
01-29-2016, 02:14 PM
What stupid fans don't understand, and that seem to include most of the laker fans who frequent ST, is that tanking doesn't really yield many results in and of itself.

In order to really improve with high draft picks, you have to:
1) Thank properly
2) Get the #1 pick (Luck)
3) Develop that talent, which includes coaching, getting the right organization (management)
4) Develop a winning culture, which is hard to do for a team bad enough to win the #1 pick (management)
5) Get the right players to surround that pick for championships (management)

The lakers, right now, have bad management, and even with great picks, they are not going to make it.

Look at all the teams that got those rare superstars with the #1 pick in the last 40 years.

1979 - Magic went #1, but he went to the Lakers, which was a winning organization with great management back then. They won 5 titles
1984 - Lottery was created because of Olajuwon. They didn't get a ring out of it for the longest time, and finally got two rings after management getting their crap together.
1985 - First lottery used to get Ewing. They didn't get a ring out of it.
1987 - Robinson was drafted, the team didn't get a ring until Duncan join (see later)
1992 - Shaq was drafted. Orlando didn't get a ring out of it, despite getting the #1 pick again the next year
1997 - Duncan. The Spurs already had Robinson, and management finally woke up and put together a team with a winning culture. Spurs got 5 titles out of it
2003 - Lebron. Cavs didn't get anything out of it, waiting to see if they can in the second run
2007 - Oden. Injured. Bust. Portland didn't get anything out of it.

Overall, tanking doesn't work at all without management actually putting in work.

Even if what you say makes sense ... we suck, so we have no choice but to embrace the tank. And if we gonna tank, might as well tank hard!!!!! and if we did change coach/management they still need assets to work with ...

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Tanking is useless even if you don't have a solid player development structure. And the Lakers are the worst in the league at player development. When Jerry West was there, it was different, but morons like Mitch and Jim have no idea what to do on that end.

ambchang
01-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Even if what you say makes sense ... we suck, so we have no choice but to embrace the tank. And if we gonna tank, might as well tank hard!!!!! and if we did change coach/management they still need assets to work with ...

Sure, tank all you want, but that isn't going to make a difference in terms of winning a championship UNLESS it is being done in tandem with good management, which is pretty obvious that the lakers team currently does not have.

So what you will do is either waste the talent of a GOAT level talent (see Lebron with the Cavs, Robinson, Moses, most of Dirk's career), and limit their growth, or you are looking at having that talent on rental and bolt to a team with better management the first time he got.

That's a shame, and it's sociopathic.

Killakobe81
01-29-2016, 04:16 PM
Sure, tank all you want, but that isn't going to make a difference in terms of winning a championship UNLESS it is being done in tandem with good management, which is pretty obvious that the lakers team currently does not have.

So what you will do is either waste the talent of a GOAT level talent (see Lebron with the Cavs, Robinson, Moses, most of Dirk's career), and limit their growth, or you are looking at having that talent on rental and bolt to a team with better management the first time he got.

That's a shame, and it's sociopathic.

No one disagrees with what you are saying ...about the front-office needing a kick in the ass. The way Pau got dicked around Post CP3 trade alone was straight clown city. Then the bumbling coach hire and fires. THE EXTENSION ... My point is, as fan, what would YOU suggest? I am not giving up on my team. I like the Warriors but I wont switch squads ... that is more of a loser mind-set than supporting a tank. I already stated how I express my dissatisfaction with the team ... by not purchasing merch and or tix. Not a whole lot more I can do as a fan. Rooting for the tanking to accumulate assets, even if they will be mismanaged ...is preferred and makes sense over winning meaningless games AND still missing the playoffs and surrendering a pick. The coach and FO can be replaced. Losing our pick leaves us empty-handed on a key asset.

These threads you and Mid make on the subject though true in it's analysis of the problem ... makes no sense from a standpoint of a real fan. Am I supposed to quit on my team? Or instead, storm the office at Staples and stage a coup and force the Buss family to turn over Operational control to me? :wakeup

If they did, I would fire Byron. Play only the young players (Kobe sits for the most part too) send Hibbert and Young packing for a stick of gum and force Mitch to give me a realistic plan for a turn around in 3 years or less. I would hire a bright young coach with the best assistants money can buy (no cap on those) and force the rookies to attend a "voluntary boot camp" at the UCLA men's gym all summer. But I have no say ...Im not even a ticket holder anymore. :depressed ...But I can write a "letter" like they did in White chicks. maybe that would work ...:rollin

LkrFan
01-29-2016, 04:19 PM
I'll take it. 5 championship later. Winning the NBA lottery that year was like hitting the jackpots of all jackpots in terms of drafting.

Enjoy D-bust, Randle, Swaggy P, Nance Jr. (reverse of Curry to his father Dell).

Lakers 9-39. Couldn't get any worse at this point, so optimism is in order.

Are you really talking ring smack with me? :GTFlmao with that bullshit! :lol

Kool Bob Love
01-29-2016, 05:18 PM
Maybe what L.A. Is doing is going to rock bottom,, trading all assets, then buying the Minnesota franchise and moving it to L.A.. think about it, Wiggins, Towns, gold and purple! Retiring KG!

Lakers steal from Minny. There will be no buying.

Kool Bob Love
01-29-2016, 05:19 PM

SF aren't impressed with stolen titles.

DMC
01-29-2016, 05:52 PM

So we can pick any team and argue this or just the rings our teams have won since we've bandwagon hopped?

Koolaid_Man
01-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Lol... by nature I'm a field nigga with house nigga taste.

:lol Don't be mad at me homie but I'm a house nigga but I can relate to the field nigga...I tried being a field nigga but its just too hot outside and I'm not trynna be picking cotton and moving bails of HAY....Besides being in the house gives me opportunity to fuck Massa's wife and daughters on the regulsr.

So I gots to be a house nigga you see...eating all that Apple and Cherry pie and drinking that Peach tea is what I live for....

Buddy Mignon
01-29-2016, 06:22 PM
:lol Don't be mad at me homie but I'm a house nigga but I can relate to the field nigga...I tried being a field nigga but its just too hot outside and I'm not trynna be picking cotton and moving bails of HAY....Besides being in the house gives me opportunity to fuck Massa's wife and daughters on the regulsr.

So I gots to be a house nigga you see...eating all that Apple and Cherry pie and drinking that Peach tea is what I live for....

ambchang
01-29-2016, 10:55 PM
No one disagrees with what you are saying ...about the front-office needing a kick in the ass. The way Pau got dicked around Post CP3 trade alone was straight clown city. Then the bumbling coach hire and fires. THE EXTENSION ... My point is, as fan, what would YOU suggest? I am not giving up on my team. I like the Warriors but I wont switch squads ... that is more of a loser mind-set than supporting a tank. I already stated how I express my dissatisfaction with the team ... by not purchasing merch and or tix. Not a whole lot more I can do as a fan. Rooting for the tanking to accumulate assets, even if they will be mismanaged ...is preferred and makes sense over winning meaningless games AND still missing the playoffs and surrendering a pick. The coach and FO can be replaced. Losing our pick leaves us empty-handed on a key asset.

These threads you and Mid make on the subject though true in it's analysis of the problem ... makes no sense from a standpoint of a real fan. Am I supposed to quit on my team? Or instead, storm the office at Staples and stage a coup and force the Buss family to turn over Operational control to me? :wakeup

If they did, I would fire Byron. Play only the young players (Kobe sits for the most part too) send Hibbert and Young packing for a stick of gum and force Mitch to give me a realistic plan for a turn around in 3 years or less. I would hire a bright young coach with the best assistants money can buy (no cap on those) and force the rookies to attend a "voluntary boot camp" at the UCLA men's gym all summer. But I have no say ...Im not even a ticket holder anymore. :depressed ...But I can write a "letter" like they did in White chicks. maybe that would work ...:rollin

As a fan there is nothing you can do.

Whether the lakers tank or not makes no difference. You should be rooting for management or ownership change, which is as much as you can do in you wishing for a 1st pick.

01-29-2016, 11:07 PM
:lmao it only took us 1 lottery, Gordo. You niggas on pace for a 3 peat :lmao

LkrFan
01-29-2016, 11:45 PM

Killakobe81
01-30-2016, 03:14 AM
:lmao

DMC
01-30-2016, 10:04 AM

Here's some RT for you, all clowning aside:

Let me say what you just said about any other product or service:

The local grocery store has been shit for the last 3 years. They keep making the same stupid mistakes and keep hiring upper level management that makes things worse. They've openly admitted they aren't interested in getting better right now, just in pushing their legacy product to sunset. What should I do? I'm not going to stop shopping there.

This girl I've always loved has been kicking me to the curb for the last 3 years. She's happy as long as I buy a lot of stuff for her or give her money, but she's openly stated she's not interested in pursuing anything lasting with me. She won't have sex with me and won't even talk to me unless I offer to buy her something. What should I do? I'm not going to stop giving her my money.

This series I've been watching for the last 3 years has been going the wrong way I think. It's gotten worse every year. The writers have stated they aren't going to put any effort into this season as they are more interested in their other project that's nearing the series finale. I'm not going to stop watching. What should I do?

Answer: You can't do anything. You've already said you're on the hook for life. You know you have no say in how anything runs and your dollar is all you have, but you've committed to them without getting anything from them in return. Just lay there and enjoy the rape.

Jerry Buss is dead. He was the Lakers. You're now clinging to the past, to hopes that it will be revived. You like saying you have the most rings vs 28 other teams. You're not getting anything for your loyalty though. Basketball is about entertainment. Watching an old man parade around getting applause from the crowd and losing games isn't my idea of entertainment. I don't even watch my team if they are up by 30 after 3, much less if they openly state they don't give a shit about this season. It doesn't mean I don't like the Spurs, I just wouldn't like those Spurs.

djohn2oo8
04-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Hield choking so far