PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 non-Duncan PFs in SA history?

ParadoxEN
01-29-2016, 12:52 AM
1. Diaw
2. Larry Kenon
3. Horry
4. Rodman
5. David West

spurraider21
01-29-2016, 01:26 AM
:lmao no replies

ParadoxEN
01-29-2016, 01:30 AM
:lmao no repliesEveryone is looking up Larry, IMO, no appreciation for history around here... it's a shame

Seventyniner
01-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Kawhi
Aldridge
Diaw
West
Bonner

FromWayDowntown
01-29-2016, 09:35 AM
Everyone is looking up Larry, IMO, no appreciation for history around here... it's a shame

Irony: Claiming that nobody has an appreciation for history and then leaving Terry Cummings off of a list like this one.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-29-2016, 09:43 AM
Irony: Claiming that nobody has an appreciation for history and then leaving Terry Cummings off of a list like this one.

Exactly, he is #1 on the list after Duncan as of right now.

SPURt
01-29-2016, 10:07 AM
TC was great, I'd put him behind Duncan as well. Honorable mention to Antoine Carr. I remember being excited for JR Reid, but, that didn't pan out.

SsKSpurs21
01-29-2016, 11:24 AM
I always wished we had Antonio McDyess when he was in his prime; Nuggets McDyess. that guy was a beast. him and duncan would have dominated.

ParadoxEN
01-29-2016, 11:50 AM

Lol Terry Cummings. Where's Melo on your NBA all time list? Top 15?

Supreme_Being
01-29-2016, 11:55 AM
Didn't Richard Jefferson used to play spot minutes as a small ball PF?

8FOR!3
01-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Honestly I haven't learned much Spurs history since the Spurs basketball camps 15+ years ago I used to go to. I don't remember what years, but Mario Ellie was on the team bc he came out to it one day to hangout with us. They'd show us a couple Spurs history movies here and there but that's all I remember. I guess being a '91 baby I never had much of a chance to learn about the history growing up in the golden era of the team

Notorious H.O.P.
01-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Before he blew out his knee, Cummings averaged 20 and 8 in the regular season and 23 and 10 in the playoffs for the Spurs. Kenon and Cummings would be 1 and 1a on this list but Kenon gets the nod because, without him, we would likely not have been good enough to survive the ABA/NBA merger. If you want to throw in players that have been here only half a season, you gotta put Aldridge on the list. Otherwise, if you consider ABA days also, you gotta include Rich Jones. This means Diaw, Horry, and West likely don't make most people's lists.

elbamba
01-29-2016, 03:31 PM
1. Kenon
2. Cummings
3. Rodman
4. Brickowski
5. Rich Jones by the numbers if you count his time in Dallas. Never saw him play as I was born after he retired.

ParadoxEN
01-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Y'all should ask Don Nelson about TC's "defense"

Dex
01-29-2016, 04:12 PM
No love for Finley here? :lmao

SouthernFried
01-29-2016, 04:49 PM
Before he blew out his knee, Cummings averaged 20 and 8 in the regular season and 23 and 10 in the playoffs for the Spurs. Kenon and Cummings would be 1 and 1a on this list but Kenon gets the nod because, without him, we would likely not have been good enough to survive the ABA/NBA merger. If you want to throw in players that have been here only half a season, you gotta put Aldridge on the list. Otherwise, if you consider ABA days also, you gotta include Rich Jones. This means Diaw, Horry, and West likely don't make most people's lists.

This. And if weren't for Larry Brown bringing in a bunch of washed up Vets like Sidney Green and Maurice Cheeks and blowing up great chemistry when Cummings was leading the team with Robinson, we would have went a hell of lot further. He used to work out at my club with the girls aerobic class. He'd wear these pink spandex tights with oversized shirts. He looked like a dark haired Richard Simmons.

Notorious H.O.P.
01-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Y'all should ask Don Nelson about TC's "defense"

I'll admit I had to look it up but Cummings was an All-Star when Nelson was coach of the Bucks. On the Spurs he was always a serviceable defender and would throw in the occasional hard foul to make the other team think twice before entering the paint. Even if he wasn't a good defender on the Bucks, how many players on each teams "Best Of" list were great on offense but poor defenders? The previous eras were defined by offense so even if a player could play good defense, it's not like it was the priority.

wildcardX
01-29-2016, 05:57 PM

That Bastard:ihit

wildbill2u
01-29-2016, 09:51 PM
In order of importance:
Duncan, Cummings, Olberding, Larry Kenon, Rich Jones, Mike Green, Coby Dietrich. Kenon actually played like a small forward.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Sean Cagney
01-29-2016, 10:08 PM
:lmao
Didn't Richard Jefferson used to play spot minutes as a small ball PF?

If he did he sure as hell would not make the all time Spurs list so to speak at the position:lmao

Spurtacular
01-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Everyone is looking up Larry, IMO, no appreciation for history around here... it's a shame

Is that why you left Terry Cummings off the list?

sasffl
01-30-2016, 04:35 AM
Terry Cummings
Robert Horry
Malik Rose
Larry Kenon
Matt Bonner