21/12/7

Mid

StrengthAndHonor
01-29-2016, 01:00 AM
Lakers frontline though :lol

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:01 AM

Mt. Hibbert was supposed to have a big year and be a defense stalwart, anchoring the Lakers defense to a 6th seed.

RsxPiimp
01-29-2016, 01:02 AM
Mt. Hibbert was supposed to have a big year and be a defense stalwart, anchoring the Lakers defense to a 6th seed.
mid, hibbbert has been a bum ever since he got cucked by george, pacers gave him away for a 2nd round pick, let that sink in :lol

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:04 AM
mid, hibbbert has been a bum ever since he got cucked by george, pacers gave him away for a 2nd round pick, let that sink in :lol

I know. But you guys believed pre-season that Kirby would motivate him back into his all-star form.

Mitch
01-29-2016, 01:13 AM
I always give props go Gasol even though he's soft. Silver medalist (Weighted gold medal since USA should be the de-facto champ unless the team is lead by some cuckold of a system player) and was one of the major forces in a repeat - something only a real champion like Shaq, Jordan, Magic, etc can accomplish.

Great big, perhaps the greatest international player ever below the likes of Dirk and Hakeem.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:20 AM
I always give props go Gasol even though he's soft. Silver medalist (Weighted gold medal since USA should be the de-facto champ unless the team is lead by some cuckold of a system player) and was one of the major forces in a repeat - something only a real champion like Shaq, Jordan, Magic, etc can accomplish.

Great big, perhaps the greatest international player ever below the likes of Dirk and Hakeem.

He wasn't a major force in the repeat, he was the force.

Spurtacular
01-29-2016, 01:21 AM
Did Colby play?

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:23 AM
Did Colby play?

Yep. And Pau outperformed him, per par.

Mitch
01-29-2016, 01:34 AM

You need 10 men to play ball, pulpy.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:39 AM

No shit, which is why exalting team accomplishments make little sense.

Glad you finally came around :toast

Mitch
01-29-2016, 01:58 AM
No shit, which is why exalting team accomplishments make little sense.

Glad you finally came around :toast

A little disappointed, pulpy, you usually put more effort in your spins :lol

Like I said, Gasol has my respect - at least the guy repeated. I'd rather have that on my resume than some MVP :lol

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 02:23 AM
A little disappointed, pulpy, you usually put more effort in your spins :lol

Like I said, Gasol has my respect - at least the guy repeated. I'd rather have that on my resume than some MVP :lol

Repeats are team accomplishments (they're actually not an accomplishment at all since you don't get an additional trophy for them). MVPs and stats are personal accomplishments. Rating players by the latter makes more sense.

Ball Buster
01-29-2016, 02:43 AM
Completely not surprising game from Pau Gasol. Fantastic player.

The problem he's had, since 2011 is his playoffs performance. He goes from a sturdy 21 and 10 regular season guy to a meaningless 14 and 7 weak defender in the playoffs. Seen this movie before.

Mitch
01-29-2016, 02:58 AM
Repeats are team accomplishments (they're actually not an accomplishment at all since you don't get an additional trophy for them). MVPs and stats are personal accomplishments. Rating players by the latter makes more sense.

It fits your schtick, I understand that much pulpy. Repeats are a quality of greatness, that's a reason why Shaq, Kareem and Hakeem are all a tier above Duncan. Heck, Shaq did it twice in a row - the greatest player of his generation (players drafted from 90-99) validated his talent with that to throw him into the top 5.

whitemamba
01-29-2016, 03:35 AM
I could put those numbers up vs the lakers d.

ambchang
01-29-2016, 07:52 AM

Then you talk about Duncan getting a bronze in the same thread.

Dear.

Killakobe81
01-29-2016, 08:09 AM

:lol
So much gold in this post some of it subtle some of it not so much ... :toast

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:48 AM
It fits your schtick, I understand that much pulpy. Repeats are a quality of greatness, that's a reason why Shaq, Kareem and Hakeem are all a tier above Duncan. Heck, Shaq did it twice in a row - the greatest player of his generation (players drafted from 90-99) validated his talent with that to throw him into the top 5.

Bullshit, as usual. Bird never repeated. Its all about the rings. Theres no space between the banners.

When you leave Vegas, no one cares how many games you won. Its about your winnings. 5 is 5. B2B is fan candy.

Otherwise Zeke is better than Bird.

Thread
01-29-2016, 08:52 AM
B2B is fan candy.

Though it does set in your shit mighty heavy.

Christ, you'd be like imminent for a triple come June if it weren't for shortcake Battier doin' Duncan that-a-way.

lefty
01-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Pau dominating Kobe as usual

DMC
01-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Though it does set in your shit mighty heavy.

Christ, you'd be like imminent for a triple come June if it weren't for shortcake Battier doin' Duncan that-a-way.

That doesn't make any sense. The triple would have been last year and we couldn't get out of the first round.

Clipper Nation
01-29-2016, 09:15 AM
Shouldn't have let Kirby run off MVPau, tbh.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 12:47 PM

"It takes 10 men to win a basketball game."

- Mitch

I've already shown that Duncan plays much better in repeat attempts/campaigns than Kirby. In fact, Duncan's performances are typically better in a repeat attempt year than they are in a title winning year ('03 excluded).

This was as true as recent as last season when Duncan averaged 18, 11, 3 on 59% shooting against the best frontline in basketball in the first round that culminated with a 27 and 11 on 69% shooting in a road game 7, at age 39 :wow

Facts, they are stubborn things.

spursistan
01-29-2016, 12:54 PM

- Mitch

I've already shown that Duncan plays much better in repeat attempts/campaigns than Kirby. In fact, Duncan's performances are typically better in a repeat attempt year than they are in a title winning year ('03 excluded).

This was as true as recent as last season when Duncan averaged 18, 11, 3 on 59% shooting against the best frontline in basketball in the first round that culminated with a 27 and 11 on 69% shooting in a road game 7, at age 39 :wow

It is always Duncan sidekicks (including Parker or Manu) who shit the bed or get injured in the "repeat year" post 2000..Timmy always goes out with legendary performance in elimination game..Game 7 vs Mavs, Game 5 triple double vs the Lakers in 2008 and last year G7 etc..

Mitch
01-29-2016, 01:16 PM

- Mitch

Kobe & Laker dick in your mouth again, pulpy? It's like you can't live without mentioning them every hour :lol

Distractions and petty spin attempts aside, the only thing that matters is a title and that is a fact. Repeats means you were able to validate your championship, Duncan couldn't do it and he failed our country on top of that.

Also, when you quote someone make sure to do it correctly pulpy. Although I suspect you're just shill like fathands.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Kobe & Laker dick in your mouth again, pulpy? It's like you can't live without mentioning them every hour :lol

Distractions and petty spin attempts aside, the only thing that matters is a title and that is a fact. Repeats means you were able to validate your championship, Duncan couldn't do it and he failed our country on top of that.

Also, when you quote someone make sure to do it correctly pulpy. Although I suspect you're just shill like fathands.

Mad because you know I'm right.

I didn't misquote you:

"It takes ten men to play ball."

Meaning, it takes a combined team effort to succeed in team sports.

:lol Citing team accomplishments in player vs. player debates
:lol Stuck in the 80's, just like your favorite franchise
:lol Mad

Log into Toht and blow off some team. Here, this should get your mad juices flowing a bit more:

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Sports/AP_Spurs3_140616_DG_16x9_992.jpg

Mitch
01-29-2016, 02:03 PM
Mad because you know I'm right.

I didn't misquote you:

"It takes ten men to play ball."

Meaning, it takes a combined team effort to succeed in team sports.

:lol Citing team accomplishments in player vs. player debates
:lol Stuck in the 80's, just like your favorite franchise
:lol Mad

Log into Toht and blow off some team. Here, this should get your mad juices flowing a bit more:

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Sports/AP_Spurs3_140616_DG_16x9_992.jpg

:lol What happened, pulpy? Struck a nerve?

Jordan repeated, Magic repeated, Shaq repeated - they're considered among the greatest. Duncan... well, he earned a 7-10 spot :tu

Maybe if he could repeat he'd have stepped over Shaq & Hakeem :lol

also i dont own an account named toht, only used this guy for near 2 years now.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 02:09 PM
:lol What happened, pulpy? Struck a nerve?

Jordan repeated, Magic repeated, Shaq repeated - they're considered among the greatest. Duncan... well, he earned a 7-10 spot :tu

Maybe if he could repeat he'd have stepped over Shaq & Hakeem :lol

also i dont own an account named toht, only used this guy for near 2 years now.

Championships are team accomplishments and repeats aren't even accomplishments. Join us in the modern era, bro. Even though the Lakers can't, doesn't mean you can't.

Mitch
01-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Championships are team accomplishments and repeats aren't even accomplishments. Join us in the modern era, bro. Even though the Lakers can't, doesn't mean you can't.

:lol If I had a nickle for every time you had Kobe, Laker or Gasol dick in your mouth, I could retire early

There's no breaking down repeats, pulpy. The team of every era for the last several decades have had a repeat

80s - Lakers era x5, 1 repeat
90s - Bulls era x6, 4 repeats
00s - Lakers era x4 2 repeats*
10s so far - Heat x 2, 1 repeat

* - denotes third repeat into next era

That's it and that's all, Pulpy. You can whack off to some metric stats all you want and bring up Lakers/Kobe a few more times (:lol owning a Laker troll as a spur fan and probably owning a magic johnson one as well), it doesn't change the standings.

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 02:26 PM
:lol If I had a nickle for every time you had Kobe, Laker or Gasol dick in your mouth, I could retire early

There's no breaking down repeats, pulpy. The team of every era for the last several decades have had a repeat

80s - Lakers era x5, 1 repeat
90s - Bulls era x6, 4 repeats
00s - Lakers era x4 2 repeats*

* - denotes third repeat into next era

That's it and that's all, Pulpy. You can whack off to some metric stats all you want and bring up Lakers/Kobe a few more times (:lol owning a Laker troll as a spur fan and probably owning a magic johnson one as well), it doesn't change the standings.

Nope. You don't win anything extra for repeating. Until the NBA starts issuing additional trophies, they're meaningless.

I just tote 'em, like your hero Cub.

And as far as player vs. player goes, all that matters is:

Stats and individual hardware (yes, the media gets it wrong on the latter account, but since we live in 2016 [come join us], us fans have an endless amount of access to a variety of metrics and we can determine which players were deserving of said awards).

Mitch
01-29-2016, 02:33 PM
Nope. You don't win anything extra for repeating. Until the NBA starts issuing additional trophies, they're meaningless.

I just tote 'em, like your hero Cub.

And as far as player vs. player goes, all that matters is:

Stats and individual hardware (yes, the media gets it wrong on the latter account, but since we live in 2016 [come join us], us fans have an endless amount of access to a variety of metrics and we can determine which players were deserving of said awards).

You validate your title, pulpy - but you wouldn't admit that since your boys could never do it. A title is all that matters, not accolades.

I just noticed you had Kobe in your sig, fucking obsessed. The man is retiring and you need to keep his dick in your mouth :lol

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 02:37 PM
You validate your title, pulpy - but you wouldn't admit that since your boys could never do it. A title is all that matters, not accolades.

I just noticed you had Kobe in your sig, fucking obsessed. The man is retiring and you need to keep his dick in your mouth :lol

Nope. You validate a title the year you win it. If not, the record books would say otherwise.

And you noticed Kobe in my sig because you're mad it's making fun of your favorite player :lol

:cry obsessed :cry

Mitch
01-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Nope. You validate a title the year you win it. If not, the record books would say otherwise.

And you noticed Kobe in my sig because you're mad it's making fun of your favorite player :lol

:cry obsessed :cry

:lol I didn't read it, don't care enough to. Just cute that you'd have a Laker in your sig

I'd say a title is only truly validated the second you show you can defend it, but I'm tired if you sniffing my farts. Just like with fathands and jacky chang, I don't have enough care to run in circles more than 1-2 times :lol

Keep working on that magic t-cell account if that one is yours, terrible posting on that one so far

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 02:50 PM
:lol I didn't read it, don't care enough to. Just cute that you'd have a Laker in your sig

I'd say a title is only truly validated the second you show you can defend it, but I'm tired if you sniffing my farts. Just like with fathands and jacky chang, I don't have enough care to run in circles more than 1-2 times :lol

Keep working on that magic t-cell account if that one is yours, terrible posting on that one so far

That's what you say. Unfortunately the NBA doesn't agree with you.

:lol Me sniffing your farts. You're the one who showed up in my thread, not the other way around. I usually don't pay attention to you otherwise.

Nah, T-Cells ain't mine.

Darth_Pelican
01-29-2016, 03:01 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249232

midnightpulp
01-29-2016, 03:02 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249232

:tu

spursistan
01-29-2016, 03:12 PM
Kobe wouldn't get that FMVP if Pelton and Zach Lowe are the media types voters instead of antiquated fanboys like Adande and Wilbon..At least he didn't get opportunity to pad the season MVP count in the 2000s as other superior players were still in their prime..

Thread
01-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Kobe wouldn't get that FMVP if

Stan, still stewin' over a gd doorstop.

ha.