PDA

View Full Version : Rasual Butler's Journey

bklynspursfan
01-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Nice read on Butler

Becoming a Spur
Butler arrived in San Antonio twice for open gym sessions in September, and was asked to stick around for another workout. On the third day, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was there.
If not for the trials in Butler’s career, the times he was cast aside by teams, the “March to February” alone in a gym, the D-League, the Summer League and the long, gritty climb back to the NBA, Butler said he wouldn’t have felt as comfortable playing for a roster spot.
The Spurs invited him to training camp with a non-guaranteed contract. Butler, as he did the year before and the year before that, made the team.

-----------------

“I loved signing Rasual Butler this year,” Popovich said. “He’s helped us win some games. He can teach people like Simmons some things and Kyle Anderson some things. So there’s always ways he can help.”

More- http://www.nba.com/spurs/rasual

bigfan
01-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Good article, thanks for posting.

SpursIndonesia
01-29-2016, 12:40 PM
He is really a man of character, much respect & admiration from me. :tu

spursistan
01-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Rasual has been one of the best end-of-bench veterans we have added in recent times..Dude play with the spryness of a 30 yo and remarkable intelligence.. i'm literally still waiting for his first dumb sequence as a Spur :lol..

Glad we didn't go after washed up cancers like Caron Butler who would be bitching about PT..

daledondale
01-29-2016, 12:59 PM
I hope pop give him some minutes in playoffs.

ceperez
01-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Rasual has been one of the best end-of-bench veterans we have added in recent times..Dude play with the spryness of a 30 yo and remarkable intelligence.. i'm literally still waiting for his first dumb sequence as a Spur :lol..

Glad we didn't go after washed up cancers like Caron Butler who would be bitching about PT..

:bobo

SAGirl
01-29-2016, 04:22 PM
He is really a man of character, much respect & admiration from me. :tu
I am with you. I have observed him interact precisely with Simmons and Kyle Anderson and they are always in a good mood, but it is precisely when these two have struggled and gotten an earful from Pop that I have watched them go to the bench and chat with Rasual. I have really liked his character and competitiveness. Very good role model keeping young guys heady and cooled down.

Thanks for sharing OP!!!!

KenziE
01-29-2016, 05:40 PM
Wow
awesome article

Lets get One for the Butler !!!

loveforthegame
01-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Awesome read. :tu

Robz4000
01-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Nice read

YGWHI
01-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Nice! Thanks for posting the article :bobo

ceperez
01-30-2016, 12:15 AM
I am with you. I have observed him interact precisely with Simmons and Kyle Anderson and they are always in a good mood, but it is precisely when these two have struggled and gotten an earful from Pop that I have watched them go to the bench and chat with Rasual. I have really liked his character and competitiveness. Very good role model keeping young guys heady and cooled down.

Thanks for sharing OP!!!!

Great character guy that doesn't complain even if he's in the DNP most of the time.

Is mature enough to play a very supportive role helping the younger players.

No wonder Jimmmer got waived, Jimmer signing would have created an adversarial rather than cooperative atmosphere among the bench players. Butler is just perfect, he knows how to contribute anyway he can.

The best bench player since Patty "Towel Waving" Mills.

Ice009
01-30-2016, 05:42 AM
Wow. Great article. After reading it, I'm happy Butler made the team. I think he was the right choice for that last roster spot.