PDA

View Full Version : Looking through advanced stats JaMychal Green is the best rim protecting big in NBA

Cklbmk
01-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Green is only allowing his opponent to make 39.3% at the rim this season.

Gobert is 2nd at 39.8%

Henson 40.5, dedmon 40.8, ibaka 42.2, josh smith 42.4, Draymond 42.4, Carmelo Anthony 42.6, Bogut 42.9, then BOBAN 42.9!! Round out top 10(req 25 games played

Did we make a mistake not keeping Green? Thats pretty impressive from the PF position. It's also much better than Marc Gasol(46.8%) and Randolph (54.9%) so it doesn't seem they're artificially raising him much if at all.

K...
01-29-2016, 03:55 PM
In case you missed it we have tons of front court talent. So No if it meant Simmons, boban, or west not coming. Dude wanted paying time we couldn't give.

Cklbmk
01-29-2016, 03:57 PM
In case you missed it we have tons of front court talent. So No if it meant Simmons, boban, or west not coming. Dude wanted paying time we couldn't give.

and if it meant Bonner?

TheGreatYacht
01-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Told y'all. Good find OP

:cry but Ayres :cry

SAGirl
01-29-2016, 04:01 PM
I thought we should have kept him and dump Ayers. He seemed like a much better player in summer league and preseason.

I think J.Green wanted a multiyear contract guaranteed which he got from the Grizz. Meanwhile Spurs would only do 1 year fully guaranteed bc they wanted to preserve cap for Lamarcus.

He could have helped last season, this one he would have been redundant. He's very athletic.

ceperez
01-29-2016, 04:10 PM
I thought we should have kept him and dump Ayers. He seemed like a much better player in summer league and preseason.

I think J.Green wanted a multiyear contract guaranteed which he got from the Grizz. Meanwhile Spurs would only do 1 year fully guaranteed bc they wanted to preserve cap for Lamarcus.

He could have helped last season, this one he would have been redundant. He's very athletic.

Yes, he wanted a longer term contract that went beyond one year. PATFO blundered for calling him up and making an offer.

Mnky
01-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Yes, he wanted a longer term contract that went beyond one year. PATFO blundered for calling him up and making an offer.

They blundered into the best off season in Spurs history that has led to the best start in franchise history. There's a reason they went that rout.

Mel_13
01-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Hashtag boy at it again.

Spurtacular
01-29-2016, 10:04 PM
Spurs could have JaMychal Green and Jimmer Fredette. Instead, they have Black Ollie (Corpse McCallum) and Suitcase Butler :lmao

Obstructed_View
01-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Glad he's doing well, but he's not a very good player. There are a number of decent players in the league right now that didn't make the cut for the Spurs.

SpursIndonesia
01-29-2016, 10:15 PM

and if it meant Bonner?

Red Mamba barely plays this season.

Cklbmk
01-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Red Mamba barely plays this season.

I rather have JM Green as a situational player than Bonner. Rather have the best rim protector in the league on my bench than on another team

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-30-2016, 09:36 AM
I rather have JM Green as a situational player than Bonner. Rather have the best rim protector in the league on my bench than on another team

JMG is the best rim protector the same way that Bonner is the best 3 point shooter.

Agloco
01-30-2016, 11:04 AM
and if it meant Bonner?

I rather have JM Green as a situational player.......

Dude wanted paying time we couldn't give.

TheMulletMan3000
01-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Green is only allowing his opponent to make 39.3% at the rim this season.

Gobert is 2nd at 39.8%

Henson 40.5, dedmon 40.8, ibaka 42.2, josh smith 42.4, Draymond 42.4, Carmelo Anthony 42.6, Bogut 42.9, then BOBAN 42.9!! Round out top 10(req 25 games played

Did we make a mistake not keeping Green? Thats pretty impressive from the PF position. It's also much better than Marc Gasol(46.8%) and Randolph (54.9%) so it doesn't seem they're artificially raising him much if at all.

problem with him is that he's not very good at other segments of defense. average on D, bad on O. TD is the best rim protector

SpursIndonesia
01-30-2016, 12:22 PM

Bonner is signed with vet minimum slot, can't do the same with JaMychal Green who wanted multi years contract, which will jeopardize the Spurs 2nd max free agent game last summer. Well, since they got lucky with higher than initially projected salary cap rise, it might be a choice between him and Bobinator, in hindsight. The Spurs won't take any chance though, proven with day one Splitter trade execution.

Uriel
01-30-2016, 08:06 PM
Calling FG% allowed at the rim an "advanced stat" :lol