PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Lowe: Doc prefers to trade Griffin out of the big 3

RsxPiimp
01-29-2016, 05:40 PM
If the Los Angeles Clippers have to break up their Big 3, Doc Rivers reportedly would prefer to trade away Blake Griffin.

Griffin is entering the later stages of his prime and his game may not age well unless he eventually develops a three-pointer.

Griffin would also give the Clippers the strongest return.

The Clippers are 22-9 without Griffin over the past two seasons and 13-3 since he's been out this season.

Lakers will give you Randle, Clarkson and Hibbert Doc.:toast

freetiago
01-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Griffin for Aldridge tbh

DMC
01-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Griffin is too stiff to be of any use without his monkey-like athleticism. He's got a decent outside shot but it's a fucking line drive with almost no rotation or arc. He's a great passer but then so is the ball boy.

StrengthAndHonor
01-29-2016, 06:07 PM
In theory it makes sense, Paul is turning 31 but he's fundamentally sound and we can still compete under his leadership and if Rivers plays his cards right, we can get a great package that will address most of our issues. Blake's days as a Clipper is definitely numbered. I can see the front office officially making him available through trade talks this summer.

AlexJones
01-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Griffin for Durant?

Robz4000
01-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Griffin and a 1st for Bonner seems fair...

Mark Celibate
01-29-2016, 06:33 PM
Like he could find any good deals for TOSB CP0 or a brokeback monkey who is a proven ren!gger, faggot and contract whore.

DMC
01-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Like he could find any good deals for TOSB CP0 or a brokeback monkey who is a proven ren!gger, faggot and contract whore.
Mark was willing to go to the mat for him though.

UZER
01-29-2016, 07:52 PM

That's not enough for pop to make that deal.

Mitch
01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Who is the third piece of the big 3? You got Paul, Griffin and...? Redick? :lol

Chris
01-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Perhaps Chicago will play ball. Love for Griffin would be funny as well :lol

baseline bum
01-29-2016, 08:13 PM
CROFL if Coc trades for Love

Killakobe81
01-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Griffin for Durant?

Decent trade thiugh if i am okc i want more in a straight up trade. Maybe reddick and blake

SpursIndonesia
01-30-2016, 12:01 AM
In theory it makes sense, Paul is turning 31 but he's fundamentally sound and we can still compete under his leadership and if Rivers plays his cards right, we can get a great package that will address most of our issues. Blake's days as a Clipper is definitely numbered. I can see the front office officially making him available through trade talks this summer.

Utah might be interested for Favors + Hood package over Griffin + 1st round pick. Your team,might have to add some more sweetener, but i think that trade is quite fair & useful for both teams.

Utah will be slightly under favored in this trade, but they have a lot of hope over Lyles at PF spot, and Booker has been steady too. Whitey & Pleiss are good enough at back up C spot for Rudy -who is an emerging big man superstar himself, so Favors service isn't really essential at that spot too going forward. When Burks & Exum recovered, they have more than enough talent at the wing too.

Favors isn't as polished offensively compared to Griffin, but he has never played with a competent PG throwing easy passes going his way too. And he will be a solid back up C when the Clips want to run more or Jordan keeps shitting the bed from FT line at the end of the game. Hood is a decent player at the SF spot, a potentially excellent 3 & D wing.

StrengthAndHonor
01-30-2016, 01:01 AM
Utah might be interested for Favors + Hood package over Griffin + 1st round pick. Your team,might have to add some more sweetener, but i think that trade is quite fair & useful for both teams.

Utah will be slightly under favored in this trade, but they have a lot of hope over Lyles at PF spot, and Booker has been steady too. Whitey & Pleiss are good enough at back up C spot for Rudy -who is an emerging big man superstar himself, so Favors service isn't really essential at that spot too going forward. When Burks & Exum recovered, they have more than enough talent at the wing too.

Favors isn't as polished offensively compared to Griffin, but he has never played with a competent PG throwing easy passes going his way too. And he will be a solid back up C when the Clips want to run more or Jordan keeps shitting the bed from FT line at the end of the game. Hood is a decent player at the SF spot, a potentially excellent 3 & D wing.

I would love to bring in Favors and Hood is a great prospect. I know it's highway robbery but if they can also throw in Exum to sweeten the pot, I'm all for it.

da_suns_fan
01-30-2016, 01:22 AM
How bout they keep the big three and lose "Doc"?

RsxPiimp
01-30-2016, 01:40 AM
How bout they keep the big three and lose "Doc"?

best solution actually :lmao

hater
01-30-2016, 08:32 AM
Big 3??? Wtf?

CP0 is a tired of shitbag that can't barely go an entire playoff campaign anymore.

:lmao stupid "analysts"

Xevious
01-30-2016, 06:35 PM
Who is the third piece of the big 3? You got Paul, Griffin and...? Redick? :lol

Was wondering the same thing.

RsxPiimp
01-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Blake Griffin to the Heat for Chris Bosh

This idea was first suggested by HBO's Bill Simmons on a recent podcast. The trade: Bosh and promising rookie Justise Winslow for Griffin.

Chris Bosh's transformation from high-usage scorer to complementary offensive player made him the perfect fit for the Heat when LeBron James was there. However, the Heat lack an elite first option, especially as Dwyane Wade continues to age. Griffin would give them that, allowing them to compete right away while also making them younger.

Blake Griffin to the Knicks for Carmelo Anthony

Lowe suggested this deal in his piece, with the logic being that Kristaps Porzingis could cover up Griffin's flaws on both ends.

The Clippers wouldn't be getting younger, but Anthony is only two years older than Chris Paul and has not showed signs of decline yet. If he buys into the idea of playing power forward for long stretches, the offense could be otherworldly. Anthony is shooting 38 percent on catch and shoot three-pointers and would feast on them as a floor-spacer on Paul/Jordan pick-and-rolls, as well as provide shot creation when Paul rests.

As for Griffin, the Knicks could be the best possible landing spot for him. He would be the first option from day one -- something he's proven he can do when Paul has been out with injury -- and have a team built around his talent. Not only is Porzingis the perfect type of big man to pair with Griffin because of his rare combination of three-point shooting and shot-blocking, but the Knicks will have cap space to make additions in the offseason. It's hard to imagine Kevin Durant choosing them, but if they can another top free agency and a couple of two-way players, they could become a serious threat on a less top heavy conference.

RsxPiimp
01-30-2016, 07:11 PM
Blake Griffin to the Hawks for Al Horford and Kyle Korver

Horford is in the last year of his contract, so the Clippers would need to ensure he stays in Los Angeles beyond this season. Yet, his game is such an excellent fit with Jordan that he's worth a maximum contract. To match salaries, the Hawks would have to include another player, as well, giving the Clippers more depth. A floor spacing wing who can play defense and fill in at center when Jordan rests, plus a shooter like Korver, is not a bad return for Griffin.

The Hawks would be banking on talent making up for fit. They will likely suffer on the boards and lack rim protection but that's true now with Horford on the team. On the other end, Paul Millsap and Griffin would be impossible to defend, as both can shoot, pass and damage opponents inside. The clock would be ticking, as Griffin can become a free agent in 2017 and Atlanta is hardly a destination market, but the Hawks need to make a bold move. It's becoming more and more clear that they won't come close to reaching the heights of last season with this current mix.

Blake Griffin to the Cavaliers for Kevin Love

This would be a high risk, high reward move for both franchises.

Love has had a tough time in Cleveland, but is just two years removed from averaging 26 points, 12 rebounds and four assists. He also has proven three-point range, which should give the Clippers' offense more room to operate, and he'd likely be used more in the post and on the elbows in L.A.. He's never played with any rim protector like Jordan, who can make up for his defensive deficiencies, or a point guard like Paul. There's a real chance he regains his best form with a change of scenery.

The Cavaliers would not hesitate to move Love, but bringing in Griffin wouldn't exactly solve their issues, particularly this season. He needs the ball more than Love and there might not be enough touches to go around with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving on the floor. That being said, Griffin is better at creating his own shot than Love, and defensively, he would be an upgrade. Talent alone is not enough to make things work, as the Love trade proved, and Griffin's injury throws a wrench into the proceedings. Still, the possibility of getting Griffin might be too enticing to pass up.

Blake Griffin to the Celtics for multiple players and assets

The Clippers are doing fine without Griffin, so they might not be looking to replace him with another star. Instead, they could get multiple players back, as well as draft picks, to finally build some quality depth. As Lowe writes, a deal including pieces such as Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Jared Sullinger, along with the Nets' unprotected pick and the Mavericks' top seven protected selection would allow the Clippers to continue to compete now while setting them up for the future.

The Celtics have been looking for a star ever since they started their rebuilding process and Griffin is among the best players in the league. Losing three rotation pieces and two valuable picks is a steep price, but one they would surely be willing to pay if it gets them the cornerstone they have been lacking. Then, in the offseason they could use their cap space to land a co-star, shore up their front line and add another wing player. They will take a step back this year as Griffin recovers from injury, but they would have to be a prohibitive favorite in the East next year.

The Clippers may lose the best player in the deal, but gain the quality role players they've lacked in the Paul/Griffin/Jordan era. Crowder immediately becomes the starting small forward and can slide up to power forward in small lineups. Bradley slots in as a super sub and can play with J.J. Redick and Crowder on the wing. Both will help the Clippers defend Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson should the Clippers meet the Warriors in the playoffs. The draft picks are an added bonus, allowing L.A. the assets to rebuild after Paul declines.

K...
01-30-2016, 07:18 PM
you didn;t float my favorite. Blake for Boogie Cousins.

Kawhitstorm
01-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Blake Griffin to the Hawks for Al Horford and Kyle Korver

Trading for a declining Korver when ReDick is on the team:lmao

Horford got outplayed by Tristan Thompson:lmao

Blake Griffin to the Cavaliers for Kevin Love

A serious Western conference contender considering trading for Love:lmao

Blake Griffin to the Celtics for multiple players and assets

Doc must be trying to backdoor his own team like McHale when he traded KG for "multiple players and assets":lmao

If any of this deals go down then Pop is going to pop champagnes:toast

Kawhitstorm
01-30-2016, 07:55 PM
you didn;t float my favorite. Blake for Boogie Cousins.

Cousins "hates' the Clips, especially Chris Paul:lol

http://i.imgur.com/eja0Ur7.gif

Kawhitstorm
01-30-2016, 07:59 PM
Clippers are most likely not going to trade him within the conference so the best fit is probably Chris Bosh & Justice Winslow since Bosh can space the floor for DeAndre/Paul PnR & Winslow will solve their win defender issue.

The Heat are also not winning anything with Bosh as their 1A. Probably throw in Lance to match salaries & to replace Winslow: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zo2q4xb

spursistan
01-30-2016, 08:02 PM
Clippers are most likely not going to trade him within the conference so the best fit is probably Chris Bosh & Justice Winslow since Bosh can space the floor for DeAndre/Paul PnR & Winslow will solve their win defender issue.

The Heat are also not winning anything with Bosh as their 1A.

Heat should throw sentimentality aside trade Wade or let him go like Boston did with Pierce and go for Durant +Griffin future..I think Riley can pull it off..

Kawhitstorm
01-30-2016, 08:19 PM
Heat should throw sentimentality aside trade Wade or let him go like Boston did with Pierce and go for Durant +Griffin future..I think Riley can pull it off..

LoL @ the Wade/Isaiah backcourt when Wade is already cuckin' Dragic.:lol What the Celtics need is a big b/c they already have Smart/Bradley to go along w/ Isaiah.

spursistan
01-30-2016, 08:26 PM
LoL @ the Wade/Isaiah backcourt when Wade is already cuckin' Dragic.:lol What the Celtics need is a big b/c they already have Smart/Bradley to go along w/ Isaiah.
What i meant is Heat should just move on from Wade like Boston did with Pierce when they traded him to Nets..i won't pay him this summer..TBH..Bosh+Winslow for Griffin..and then use that as a foundation in possible Durant sweepstakes..

Sean Cagney
01-30-2016, 08:30 PM

Yep, do it.

HemisfairArena
01-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Trading for a declining Korver when ReDick is on the team:lmao

Horford got outplayed by Tristan Thompson:lmao

A serious Western conference contender considering trading for Love:lmao

Doc must be trying to backdoor his own team like McHale when he traded KG for "multiple players and assets":lmao

If any of this deals go down then Pop is going to pop champagnes:toast

A serious Western contender?,,,,,LMAO!!! KLove is on a better team than the Clips,,,Hell, they just beat the Clips 115-102,,,lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
01-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Good for them. Griffin has always been an overrated gimmick player who can't do much apart from making nice dunks and flopping and can barely score in the paint. Also, his defense sucks ass.

DeRozan m8
01-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Clippers should absolutely do Griffin for Bosh and Winslow

HemisfairArena
01-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Actually, the Love for Griffin deal makes the most sense but I don't think Cleveland does it with Griffin's trouble right now,,,but that is the best straight up deal,,,

Clipper Nation
01-30-2016, 10:24 PM
I'm done until Doc's fired if they trade Blake instead of the $107 million choke artist and/or the overpaid excuse for a center.

This talk about trading Blake is probably coming from Choke Paul's camp. Blake is the scapegoat for his pathetic career, after all. :rolleyes

Thread
01-30-2016, 11:41 PM
I'm done until Doc's fired if they trade Blake instead of the $107 million choke artist and/or the overpaid excuse for a center.

This talk about trading Blake is probably coming from Choke Paul's camp. Blake is the scapegoat for his pathetic career, after all. :rolleyes

They ain't tradin' Blake. It's a Media concoction as they wait for SB week.

Don't you have a lick a sense?

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2016, 02:55 AM
I wouldn't trade Blake, he's their best player when healthy and has developed into an unstoppable player..much easier to find a DeAndre Jordan, too..I know the Clippers players are angry about everything that happened, but realistically, it's not bad enough to trade him:lol..

They should eliminate Tom Rivers, as da suns fan said..

I can't think of many decent, semi-realistic trade options..

Boston for Crowder, Bradley and 1st round pick?
Charlotte for Kaminsky, MKG, Marvin Williams and a 1st?(Blake has some White in him, so Dad Killer probably likes him)
Indiana for Myles Turner, CJ Miles, a 1st and filler to match salaries?
Milwaukee for Middleton and Parker? Do the Bucks do it?
Orlando for Tobias Harris, Aaron Gordon and a 1st?

Venti Quattro
01-31-2016, 02:58 AM
Clipper Nation if Blake gets traded will you commit suicide? Serious question