PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Amare will re-sign witht the Suns

picnroll
09-23-2005, 07:11 AM
sorry Laketurds

Stoudemire says extension should be done soon
By Jerry Brown, Tribune
September 22, 2005
Back in the Valley working out to prepare for the season, Amaré Stoudemire said he will sign a five-year, $72.6 million contract extension with the Phoenix Suns before the team begins training camp on Oct. 4.

“The Suns deal should be done here pretty soon,'' Stoudemire said. “We're just going over the paperwork and we should finish it here shortly.''

Stoudemire's deal will look very much like the maximum extension signed by Houston center Yao Ming — the No. 1 pick of the 2002 NBA draft — this summer. After making $2.59 million this season and completing his rookie contract, Stoudemire's contract will soar to $12 million in 2006-07 and he will earn an annual raise of $1.26 million — the maximum allowed by the NBA's new collective bargaining agreement — in each of the next four seasons, ending with a $17.04 million deal in 2010-11.

It was not immediately known if the new deal has an “out-clause'' that would allow Stoudemire to void the deal after three seasons (following the 2008-09 season), but Suns chairman Jerry Colangelo has said most maximum contract extensions do include such clauses.

Stoudemire said he is pleased with the changes the Suns have made in the offseason, and that the additions would make up for the losses of major contributors like Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson and Steven Hunter,
“I'm very impressed with guys like Kurt Thomas, Brian Grant and Raja Bell and the other additions,'' he said. “I think we can be better. We'll be much better defensively, and we still have our offensive game. I've been working on my perimeter game, trying to become an all-around basketball player. That's my goal.''

WEALTHY TO THE MAX
Here is how the five-year, $72.6 million contract extension for Amaré Stoudemire — almost identical to the one signed by Houston's Yao Ming earlier this summer — breaks down, after Stoudemire completes his rookie contract by earning $2.6 million this season:

Year Salary
2006-07 $12 million
2007-08 $13.26 million
2008-09 $$14.52 million
2009-10 $15.78 million
2010-2011 $17.040 million

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=48740

Obstructed_View
09-23-2005, 10:28 AM
If I'm the Suns, Amare is the only indespensable player.

duncan_21
09-23-2005, 11:54 AM
Now, what are the lakers gonna do? they can't sign yao or amare.

Obstructed_View
09-23-2005, 01:25 PM
With that moron owner in Cleveland, the Lakers might actually get him. The Lakers have no chance of assembling young talent without Logo, so they might as well poach free agents.

JMarkJohns
09-23-2005, 02:14 PM
It's good news. There's still the issue of the fourth-year opt-out clause, but that's several years down the road and two years after the Lakers blow their load.

Also, he and Nike are close to a contract for around $80 million dollars, the largest sum ever given to a big man. So much for endorsments being hard to come by in Phoenix.

BillsCarnage
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
It's good news. There's still the issue of the fourth-year opt-out clause, but that's several years down the road and two years after the Lakers blow their load.

Also, he and Nike are close to a contract for around $80 million dollars, the largest sum ever given to a big man. So much for endorsments being hard to come by in Phoenix.

true... true...

Where are all of the media types claiming thumping the Faker drums about who they were supposed to get?

SequSpur
09-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Amare should go to the lakers.

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Why? Let's think about things.

He's already signed for the largest ever shoe deal for a big-man and Phoenix can offer him more money, so this shouldn't be in the Lakers favor...

They have a cache of 1st-round picks over the next four years (six picks total) and an assortment of 2nd-rounders (seven total) and have shown repeatedly that they are a top-5 NBA drafting team (Finley, Nash, Marion, Amare, Person...) They have lots of young talent and could potentially have CAP space (Suns hold the option on Nash's final season) the summer he's set to opt out, so with the players kept, the draft picks and the financial flexability, the Suns seem the best fit.

Also, Amare adores Shaq. Shaq adores Amare. Shaq hates the Lakers and Kobe Bryant. So, why would Amare dis Shaq and risk a great friendship to go to LA and help them and Kobe win another Title?

Lookin' like Los Angeles isn't the best or brightest fit for Amare afterall.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-24-2005, 08:38 PM
What is Amare going to do when Steve Nash gets too old to assist him?

It's like when Jason Kidd stacked up RJ, Kittles, and Kenyon Martin's stats, because he always set them up with bad ass dunks or wide open jumpers.

I have been re-watching the Phoenix Series, and seriously, ALL AMARE DOES is either get wide open dunks thanks to Steve Nash, or get the ball really really close to the basket (thanks to steve nash) then jump and hang in the air and flip the ball in.

When Steve goes, its not like Amare's athleticism is still going to increase and increase....

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 08:47 PM
20-9 as a second-year player without Nash.

That was, of course, without the 14-17 foot jumper and baseline up and under move he added this past offseason and obviously doesn't include what he adds this offseason.

Nash gets him easier shots. I won't argue that, but Amare is fully capable of getting his own. He's done it before, with fewer weapons. Please don't tell me you're one of the fools who will deny him credit for his probable improvement. Players that work as hard as Amare typically do get better.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-24-2005, 10:18 PM
20-9 as a second-year player without Nash.

That was, of course, without the 14-17 foot jumper and baseline up and under move he added this past offseason and obviously doesn't include what he adds this offseason.

Nash gets him easier shots. I won't argue that, but Amare is fully capable of getting his own. He's done it before, with fewer weapons. Please don't tell me you're one of the fools who will deny him credit for his probable improvement. Players that work as hard as Amare typically do get better.

ROFL

Dude he's wide open as hell for that jumper, (which is not 17 feet, lol you wish) because of nash
and his baseline up and under??? You mean the move where he jumps really high, hangs in the air with his athleticism and flips the ball in the rim?

Yeah, i mentioned that one.

17 foot jumper, rofl

he didn't hit a single mid range jumper games 1 or 2

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Oh look, the moron speaks...

It's quite obvious you've seen very little of the kid. I'm not going to get into a spitting contest with a Spurs fan who's vast knowledge of Amare's game comes from one single series of play. As I said elsewhere, I tape every game and I study film as part of my job, so I know what to look for. Just because you've failed to see it, hardly means it doesn't exist.

Fact is, the Spurs let Amare do whatever he wanted in one-on-one situations, so there was very little need to waste time on offense doing anything else but his power spin to the basket. The Spurs rarely double-teamed him, so there was really no need to use his repertoire of moves. Not when the Spurs consistantly let him do his best move.

Your ignorance of his skills baffles me.

Yeah, I guess Amare's screwed because no other PG in the League will help him net open 14-17 foot jumpers. No other guard can create, I guess.

Isn't funny how Nash, who as reguarded as a borderline top-5 PG in the League becomes the unquestioned best alongside Amare? Hmm...

Each's game works perfectly with the others', but I'm quite sure that Amare will do just fine after four years of improvement.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Oh look, the moron speaks...

It's quite obvious you've seen very little of the kid.

Did i watch every bull shit suns regular season game? No, you're right.

Did i watch every suns game in the WCF?
Yes

Did Amare hit a jumper from 17 foot in game 1 or 2?
No

re-watch game 2, steve nash plays the ENTIRE game, up until like 8 minutes to go in the FOURTH
When he goes out, Amare scores twice, then is lost for like 3 plays in a row.

He tried to score on like a triple team

I never said amare wasnt the shit, but this is a classic case of a good player fooling people into thinking he's god, when in fact its another player setting him up (see: bryant, kobe; jefferson, richard; martin, kenyon)

Isn't funny how Nash, who as reguarded as a borderline top-5 PG in the League becomes the unquestioned best alongside Amare?

this statement is flawed, because he was questioned...people gave nash so much shit for being one of the shittiest defending point guards around, and the MVP usually plays on BOTH ends of the floor

And he was never a borderline top 5 PG...he was always one of the best...don't try to tell me you watched every mav's game

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 10:58 PM
No, I didn't watch every Mavs or Spurs game, but I've got just about every publication or magazine from the past three years and according to the experts, he was a borderline top-5 PG.

Amare shot over 60% for games 1 & 2. As I said, you gave him down low whenever he wanted it. How many attempts outside of the key did he even have? I know he went 15-18 from the line in game 1, are you telling me that he can't consistantly hit a jumper two feet beyond that?

Oh that's right, of course he can't. Not until you've seen it. :rolleyes

As I said earlier, 20-9 as a second-year out of high school player. All without Nash. Yes, Nash helped, but Amare helped Nash just as much.

JMarkJohns
09-24-2005, 11:01 PM
And by the way, basing your opinion on Amare from just 5 games is rediculous. Else one would have to think that Marion sucks big time and that Richardson is no better than a 12th-man scrub.

Horry For 3!
09-25-2005, 12:09 AM
They (Lakers) are targeting LeBron James now
Lakers will never get Lebron.

Sense
09-25-2005, 02:45 AM
And by the way, basing your opinion on Amare from just 5 games is rediculous. Else one would have to think that Marion sucks big time and that Richardson is no better than a 12th-man scrub.

it shouldn't be ridiculous.. it's the playoffs.

So all of those are facts.

Nothing matters until you get to the playoffs, you and your team need to learn that...and apparently they are one step ahead of you, because they are trying to copy the Spurs team. I believe you should try to observe the better team aswell and learn something for once.

JMarkJohns
09-25-2005, 05:04 AM

Nothing matters until you get to the playoffs, you and your team need to learn that...and apparently they are one step ahead of you, because they are trying to copy the Spurs team. I believe you should try to observe the better team aswell and learn something for once.

You're missing my point.

You can't make a completely accurate assessment of a player from 4/5 games vs. the same opponant. What said player might do vs. one team, he might not be able to do vs. another. What one player might be able to do vs. most teams, he might not have to do vs. others.

Why is it that so many posters here are obsessed with putting spin on posts.

I didn't say the playoffs weren't important. I didn't say that San Antonio wasn't the best/ better team or that they had nothing to do with said players change in game.

I said that because one person doesn't see something, doesn't mean his ignorance proves it isn't there. Amare regularly hits that 14-17 foot jumper. He now goes off the dribble in both directions and has legit spin moves in front of the basket and along the baseline. Nash doesn't account for all of these. That's the point.

romsey31
09-25-2005, 06:43 AM

You Spurs fan should get a hold of yourself. No one if trying to copy the Spurs. I dont understand why you guys need to bring down every other team to make yourselves feel good. Suns are a great team, probably if they had a healthy Johnson it would've been a completely different series. Amare is the truth, and he can hit the mid range J. You guys need to give props where they are due, and stop hating and downgrading anyplayer who doesnt play for the Spurs.

John is right, if you're getting your way downlow, why would you go outside to shoot jumpers? Come on faded you're smarter than that.....

romsey31
09-25-2005, 07:06 AM
First year

13.5 ppg 8.8 rebounds

Second yr

20.6 ppg 9 rebounds

third year

26 ppg 8.9 rebounds

picnroll
09-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Amare is a very, very good player. If he can bring his subpar defense up to the near the level of his offensw and grab 3 more rebounds a game he'll be a great player. Period.

romsey31
09-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Amare is a very, very good player. If he can bring his subpar defense up to the near the level of his offensw and grab 3 more rebounds a game he'll be a great player. Period.

He's already a great player.

picnroll
09-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Depends on what you consider great. I consider great those that are great on both ends of the court. I also consider Ben Wallace a very, very good player. When somebody brings up Amare's name as a candidate of the NBA all-defensive team and people aren't rolling on the floor then he'll be great.

Rummpd
09-25-2005, 08:49 AM
"Also, he and Nike are close to a contract for around $80 million dollars, the largest sum ever given to a big man. So much for endorsments being hard to come by in Phoenix."

That is sublime (!) Amare is a great, great talent but has really so far proven nothing except that he can score, albeit when he has the point guard playing the best in the game assisting him. As I have said before, one great block on an injured superstar does not make an all around player!

What if he pulls a Shawn Kemp?

Also, PACER FAN above = props for your team- it made great pickups, it showed heart, it seemingly has helped mature Artert/JO/and perhaps even Stephen Jackson, it cut some salary but remains stacked and is still my odds on favorite to come out of the East and give the Spurs a great final series (albeit with the Spurs winning again).

romsey31
09-25-2005, 09:03 AM
"Also, he and Nike are close to a contract for around $80 million dollars, the largest sum ever given to a big man. So much for endorsments being hard to come by in Phoenix."

That is sublime (!) Amare is a great, great talent but has really so far proven nothing except that he can score, albeit when he has the point guard playing the best in the game assisting him. As I have said before, one great block on an injured superstar does not make an all around player!

What if he pulls a Shawn Kemp?

Also, PACER FAN above = props for your team- it made great pickups, it showed heart, it seemingly has helped mature Artert/JO/and perhaps even Stephen Jackson, it cut some salary but remains stacked and is still my odds on favorite to come out of the East and give the Spurs a great final series (albeit with the Spurs winning again).

Thanks for the props. I appreciate it and think we should be able to make some noise this year. Only thing that hurt me other than losing Reg was James Jones. He's gonna be a good player, I wish him all the best in Phoenix.

Now back to the topic. I posted Amares stats BEFORE Nash came to town. Nash raised him 6 in points and took 1 rebound away. Everyone seems to think Nash is the reason he's scoring so much. Amare is the reason he's scoring so much. Why didnt Shawn bradley score 26 points a game with Nash? Or any other center on the Mavs? Its because they dont have the talent that Amare does.....he's doing his thing, and he's only in his 3 yrd, he'll only get better.

picnroll
09-25-2005, 09:09 AM
The history of the NBA is littered with great scorers that never win a title. The ones that win a title, particularly the bigs, are the ones that play great D as well as O. See Duncan, Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Mikan. Then see Barkley, Malone.

In my book when Amare can play great D he'll be a great player that can carry a team to a title. Otherwise no title for the Suns unless they can put a great defensive player next to Amare to make up for his shortcomings.

romsey31
09-25-2005, 09:28 AM
The history of the NBA is littered with great scorers that never win a title. The ones that win a title, particularly the bigs, are the ones that play great D as well as O. See Duncan, Hakeem, Shaq, Wilt, Russell, Mikan. Then see Barkley, Malone.

In my book when Amare can play great D he'll be a great player that can carry a team to a title. Otherwise no title for the Suns unless they can put a great defensive player next to Amare to make up for his shortcomings.

You just lost credibilty when you said Shaq plays D...Shaq really doesnt man, he's even so lazy he never even gets back on the pick and roll, you think its that he doesnt know what to do? or he doesnt care to? Shaq Is big, thats all it is to it.

picnroll
09-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Shaq doesn't now but he did. He wasn't the greatest but in his younger days he was good. He still plays good low post D as long as players can't slide when they attack like Manu does. Then not many, if any, can effectively defend Manu when he attacks the basket. A lot of the Lakers' and now Miami's vulnerability is Shaq's limitations on D. But that goes in spades for Amare.

Rummpd
09-25-2005, 09:43 AM
The biggest thing about Amare is that well I like his talent and all that name one player (other than Kobe who did take year to mature) who has come from high school and led a championship team.

Amare benefited from a career, less than normal injury year for Nash and a high powered offense. Don't be surprised to see his stats at least scoring drop, if he averages 23 PPG/11 RBG/2.3 BPG I would be more impressed! (Sort of like Duncan numbers!)

Right now I still put Jermaine O'Neal (besides Duncan, Garnett, Shaq) better than him because he does it on both sides! Dirk is also really stepping up in Euros and has to be in the mix too. Don't make this guy a legend yet - it is too damm early! He has incredible potential but somehow he reminds me in every way of one Shawn Kemp who I saw when I lived in Seattle in mannerisms on and off the court!

romsey31
09-25-2005, 09:44 AM
Shaq doesn't now but he did. He wasn't the greatest but in his younger days he was good. He still plays good low post D as long as players can't slide when they attack like Manu does. Then not many, if any, can effectively defend Manu when he attacks the basket. A lot of the Lakers' and now Miami's vulnerability is Shaq's limitations on D. But that goes in spades for Amare.

I feel you on that, and I think Amare's D will improve with time. I'm just tired of people knocking this guy on here. He dominated the Spurs, A Defensive minded team, and you guys still have the heart to knock this guys game? Thats bullshit. Especially saying he didnt shoot any jumpers in game 1 & 2 so he cant shoot them, sometimes I have to wonder the ages of some of the posters on here....

Rummpd
09-25-2005, 09:46 AM
He got insanely hot granted vs. a Spurs team with Duncan laboring on two bad ankles or Nazr still learning the system, Rasho not in the mix after his own ankle injury, or over an "old" Robert Horry! Period end of story. Watch this year as a motivated Duncan (and by reports quicker and lighter)and the Spurs, while not shutting him down, will keep him much more in check!

He is impressive talent, skys the limit, but there are "clouds" in this guys game!

picnroll
09-25-2005, 09:52 AM
We agree he's a great offensive player and I agree he appears to have the tools to become at least a very good defensive player. But until he does ....

Amare palyed well against the Spurs and TD all year. Man on man Amare can take it outside and hit the jumper if TD lays off or put it on the floor and go by TD if he plays up tight. Just the way it is. But it's team D and frankly the Spurs didn't stop Amare. Of course that may well have been the plan. Not focus too much on Amare and keep everyone else under control. That said there were some tight playoff games where Amare was scoring down the stretch and I doubt that was in the plan.

romsey31
09-25-2005, 09:54 AM
He got insanely hot granted vs. a Spurs team with Duncan laboring on two bad ankles or Nazr still learning the system, Rasho not in the mix after his own ankle injury, or over an "old" Robert Horry! Period end of story. Watch this year as a motivated Duncan (and by reports quicker and lighter)and the Spurs, while not shutting him down, will keep him much more in check!

He is impressive talent, skys the limit, but there are "clouds" in this guys game!

There are clouds in EVERYBODYS game. Put Duncan on the freethrow line and he'll build you a two story house with all those bricks. Quit blaming it on Duncans injury and give props to the guy. Duncans "2 bad ankles' didnt stop him from scoring 30 33 & 31 so why would it stop him from playing D on Amare?

romsey31
09-25-2005, 09:58 AM
We agree he's a great offensive player and I agree he appears to have the tools to become at least a very good defensive player. But until he does ....

Amare palyed well against the Spurs and TD all year. Man on man Amare can take it outside and hit the jumper if TD lays off or put it on the floor and go by TD if he plays up tight. Just the way it is. But it's team D and frankly the Spurs didn't stop Amare. Of course that may well have been the plan. Not focus too much on Amare and keep everyone else under control. That said there were some tight playoff games where Amare was scoring down the stretch and I doubt that was in the plan.

I was honestly waiting on someone to say this, this could have definately been the whole idea. GREAT POST! Good coaches know this, sometimes you just have to deal with the fact you wont be able to stop certain players, no matter what you do ( Pistons vs Shaq), but what you do is try your best to contain them while shutting down the rest of their teammates. Great coaching job by the Spurs, I feel however had there been a healthy JJ from the start of the series it wouldve been a completely different series ( probably wouldve went to 6 games with the games being a bit closer)

DesiSpur_21
09-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I guess Amare's screwed because no other PG in the League will help him net open 14-17 foot jumpers. No other guard can create, I guess.

Isn't funny how Nash, who as reguarded as a borderline top-5 PG in the League becomes the unquestioned best alongside Amare? Hmm...

Please take out your "sun" glasses and look at Nash of Mavs, It's because of him running the point Mavs posted 55(+/- 2) victories for around 3-4 yrs. The guy was underrated with the hype of JKidd that was running during this period.

On the other hand, Suns had an extraordinary season, primarily because of Nash whose playmaking abilities matched with Coach's preferred style of play. If you put Dirk in the same system the pair would have excelled too.

I am not saying Amare sucks or anything, but imo no other PG (incl. Kidd) can bring out the best of his athletic abilties than Nash - Period.

I'd still pick Tim because long term in NBA is 3 yrs. So I'd try to get the best that is available. Ask me 3 yrs from now, then if Amare,Lebron, Dwayne are still doing great, I might pick Amare over Lebron (close call).

picnroll
09-25-2005, 10:07 AM
I agree with Rumpd though that we didn't see the real Duncan for most of the second half of the year. Pop even said that Duncan last year wasn't performing and couldn't perform like the true MVP Duncan. You don't wan to see the Spurs with a Duncan fully cocked and loaded.

DesiSpur_21
09-25-2005, 10:09 AM
I was honestly waiting on someone to say this, this could have definately been the whole idea. GREAT POST! Good coaches know this, sometimes you just have to deal with the fact you wont be able to stop certain players, no matter what you do ( Pistons vs Shaq), but what you do is try your best to contain them while shutting down the rest of their teammates. Great coaching job by the Spurs, I feel however had there been a healthy JJ from the start of the series it wouldve been a completely different series (probably wouldve went to 6 games with the games being a bit closer)

That was Spurs' plan against Suns. If it comes down an ego issue of stopping Amare, Spurs of 04-05 could have definitely done that. They'd not have allowed him to score what 40 ppg. His FG% would have gone down.

But the Spurs chose the other way - Let Amare have his game, control other key contributors.

MI21
09-25-2005, 10:10 AM
He has incredible potential but somehow he reminds me in every way of one Shawn Kemp who I saw when I lived in Seattle in mannerisms on and off the court!

The Shawn Kemp comparisons seem valid, but look closer and they aren't particuly correct. Sure, both were huge physically amazing players with incredible athleticism who came straight out of High School, but that's about it.

Kemp developed into a versatile offensive player. He had a solid jumpshot with good range and a good array of post moves. He got to the line a lot and converted. He consistently averaged around 19 points whilst playing only around 31/32 minutes a game. Amare is amazing offensively, and actually scores more points than Kemp, but he also gets to play a lot more minutes and attempt a lot more shots. The way Phoenix played is conjusive to scoring a lot of points, so Amare benefits from that. He doesn't have the moves Kemp had or the Jumpshot yet. Of course Kemp took years to develop those things, and Amare probably will, but offensively, pretty much the only similarities between the two at this stage in Amare's career are they both dunk the ball harder than anyone not named Shaq, and they both get to the line a heap. Amare is better offensively by a little bit because he is just so damn good around the hoop, but in terms of there offensive game being very similar, that's not really correct.

Defensively, it isn't even close, Kemp was a slightly better shotblocker in less minutes, very good with his hands (from memory he used to average close to 1.5spg) and far better in a man to man situation as well as team defense. Amare has a long way to go before he is considered a good defender in any other way than shotblocking. Amare will be a better player than Kemp ever was, but they aren't really similar players.

picnroll
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Most importantly Amare doesn't have any white residue around his nostrils.

MI21
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
As for the whole Amare deal, he deserves a Max Deal because he will be a Top 10 player in the league for those 5 years. I'm sure he will iron out what little problems he has offensively, and at least become decent defensively. He seems like the type that would work hard at his game, and dude is going to be downright scary in 3 years, not that he isn't now. It's also nice to see another Superstar whom the Lakers would have gone after locked up by a different team!

MI21
09-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Most importantly Amare doesn't have any white residue around his nostrils.

And as far as I know at least, he doesn't have 241 illegitimate children around the USA, Canada and parts of Europe.

JMarkJohns
09-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Please take out your "sun" glasses...

Oh you Spurs fans are so clever... how can I think of ever posting a convincing argument in the face od such overwelming wit.

On the other hand, Suns had an extraordinary season, primarily because of Nash whose playmaking abilities matched with Coach's preferred style of play. If you put Dirk in the same system the pair would have excelled too.

Sure. I guess that's why he won the MVP award. Thing is, he never played this well on Dallas when he had equal weapons and a player arguably equal to, if not better (for the moment) than Amare, in Dirk.

I am not saying Amare sucks or anything, but imo no other PG (incl. Kidd) can bring out the best of his athletic abilties than Nash - Period.

And I'm not saying he isn't helped by Nash. the moronic argument was made that Nash makes Amare and that once Nash is done, Amare will struggle. I presented facts and stats saying that claim was off. That's all.

I'd still pick Tim because long term in NBA is 3 yrs. So I'd try to get the best that is available. Ask me 3 yrs from now, then if Amare,Lebron, Dwayne are still doing great, I might pick Amare over Lebron (close call).

This is a whole 'nother thread from three days ago. I would pick Duncan for up to four more years, but likely only the three you mention, then pick Amare over LeBron, though it would be close.

People need to stop being so anxious to post a response, that they fail to read the actual message and its points/intent.

JMarkJohns
09-25-2005, 11:51 AM
He doesn't have the moves Kemp had or the Jumpshot yet.

What are you talking about? :rolleyes Again, the kid has everything an offensive game needs for a low-post big man and a consistant 14-17 foot jumper. He is already as good as Kemp ever was. You act like Kemp was on the 90-point per game Knicks or something. His Sonic teams ran and ran and racked up the points. I believe that's the same style tht's so condusive for Amare.

Does he have his flaws still? Of course, but I guarantee he has worked on them. He's helped by Nash, not made by him. I know this wasn't your argument, but I guess saying many, many times might actually get others to understand.

DesiSpur_21
09-25-2005, 11:52 AM
People need to stop being so anxious to post a response, that they fail to read the actual message and its points/intent.

FYI,

I am not the one who jump on to post a message before going through each message in the thread.

On the other hand , you are mixing it up..

MI21
09-25-2005, 12:05 PM
What are you talking about? Again, the kid has everything an offensive game needs for a low-post big man and a consistant 14-17 foot jumper. He is already as good as Kemp ever was. You act like Kemp was on the 90-point per game Knicks or something. His Sonic teams ran and ran and racked up the points. I believe that's the same style tht's so condusive for Amare.

I wasn't replying to anything you said, I was replying to the statement that Kemp was a similar player to Amare, nothing to do with whom was better. Believe what you will, but Kemp had a far better jumpshot with more range than Amare and better post moves, but even with that he wasn't as dominant as Amare is.

Did you read when I said this?

Amare is better offensively by a little bit because he is just so damn good around the hoop, but in terms of there offensive game being very similar, that's not really correct.

and also this..

As for the whole Amare deal, he deserves a Max Deal because he will be a Top 10 player in the league for those 5 years. I'm sure he will iron out what little problems he has offensively, and at least become decent defensively. He seems like the type that would work hard at his game, and dude is going to be downright scary in 3 years, not that he isn't now. It's also nice to see another Superstar whom the Lakers would have gone after locked up by a different team!

I rate Amare highly, and what he did to Tim offensively in the playoffs was downright scary. But how he handled a very limited Tim Duncan defensively was scary for another reason. He is amazing, but he isn't perfect, so don't go rolling your eyes at me and acting like I don't know what I'm talking about, because I do.

JMarkJohns
09-25-2005, 12:28 PM
FYI,

I am not the one who jump on to post a message before going through each message in the thread.

On the other hand , you are mixing it up..

You're right. I should have specified that paragraph. It wasn't meant towards you.

JMarkJohns
09-25-2005, 12:33 PM
I wasn't replying to anything you said, I was replying to the statement that Kemp was a similar player to Amare, nothing to do with whom was better. Believe what you will, but Kemp had a far better jumpshot with more range than Amare and better post moves, but even with that he wasn't as dominant as Amare is.

Did you read when I said this?

Yes, I highlighted the portion I wa responding to. I agreed with the rest. I don't feel as if the majority here has really seen Amare past the few games vs. the Spurs this season. They weren't on National TV very often because they weren't expected to do very well.

It's gotten to a point, that when Amare is open for that jumper, from just about any angle, you're kind of surprised if it doesn't go in. It's a very reliable jumper from 14-17 feet.

As for the post moves, I just don't think so, but hey, difference of opinions. Kemp was very good, but as you said, rarely dominated the way he could have. Why? Who knows. Amare has gotten better eery year. He's added a weapon every offseason. I know it wasn't you who said it, but my intent in this thread is to argue that Nash helps, but doesn't make Amare.

Sorry if I fired in the wrong direction.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-25-2005, 03:35 PM

Nothing matters until you get to the playoffs,

simply owned.

simply.

Sense just totally regulated on you, omg...

JMarkJohns
09-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I'm completely humbled :rolleyes

Yeah, the Suns should just cut that scrub Marion right now...

Emperor
09-25-2005, 08:28 PM
i was kind of hoping that Amare would somehow be interested in coming to San Antonio to better ensure our chances of winning a title even when Timmy's retired. But he'd probably be more interested in L.A. or New York if he were to leave the Suns. Hopefully we can sign another great superstar before Timmy does call it quits.

MI21
09-25-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, I highlighted the portion I wa responding to. I agreed with the rest. I don't feel as if the majority here has really seen Amare past the few games vs. the Spurs this season. They weren't on National TV very often because they weren't expected to do very well.

I've probably seen about 30 Suns regular season games plus all the playoffs last season. One of my very best mates is a Suns fan and he ordered a lot of DVD's of PonTel, downloaded a few games and we got a few on Pay TV down here. I just don't see the consistent jumpshot from FT distance and further, but we'll agree to disagree.

NashtoAmare
09-25-2005, 09:58 PM
i was kind of hoping that Amare would somehow be interested in coming to San Antonio to better ensure our chances of winning a title even when Timmy's retired. But he'd probably be more interested in L.A. or New York if he were to leave the Suns. Hopefully we can sign another great superstar before Timmy does call it quits.

Your kidding right???

wow..That was the highlight of my day..it sure made me laugh! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
09-26-2005, 10:59 PM
Your kidding right???

wow..That was the highlight of my day..it sure made me laugh! :lol

You know what makes me laugh? Counting all of the times Duncan has scoffed Marion and Nash in the playoffs combined

Trainwreck2100
09-26-2005, 11:01 PM
3?