PDA

View Full Version : Green pull up 3's

jdelar03
01-30-2016, 10:52 PM
Green running down the court and pulling up off balance 3's early in the shot clock is an absolute joke not even running a play or passing the ball for a better shot. What a bad game no ball movement bad shots taken everywhere fadeaways bad game what a shame.

HarlemHeat37
01-30-2016, 10:56 PM
He does that in games where he's hot or games where he isn't getting touches..he had 0 shot 3-point attempts prior to the 2 pull-ups..

It's pretty stupid to not run a single play for him or get him a look after made 6 3s last game, and finally had a great shooting % in January..you aren't going to beat teams trading 2s for 3s every single game..

hater
01-30-2016, 10:57 PM
He's rattled and trying to shake it off. Mentally he's shot

UZER
01-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Danny green completely has the yips

jdelar03
01-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Yeah its one thing to have your feet set and take a 3 but to run up court and throw up a 3 completly off balance like he did is a joke you might as well just run up court and hand the ball to one of the other teams players completely unacceptable.

Chinook
01-31-2016, 12:35 AM
Green running down the court and pulling up off balance 3's early in the shot clock is an absolute joke not even running a play or passing the ball for a better shot. What a bad game no ball movement bad shots taken everywhere fadeaways bad game what a shame.

These threes were a stable of Green's game two years ago. They have been really inconsistent since, but pull-up threes aren't a bad way to play in transition at all, especially for someone you really don't want doing anything else on the break. In these particular cases, they were momentum shots. Had Green sunk one of those, I think the Spurs would have been able to push it pretty close at the end. They may have won. It's like taking a shot down the field after a first down in football.

Kawhitstorm
01-31-2016, 12:41 AM
He does that in games where he's hot or games where he isn't getting touches..he had 0 shot 3-point attempts prior to the 2 pull-ups..

It's pretty stupid to not run a single play for him or get him a look after made 6 3s last game, and finally had a great shooting % in January..you aren't going to beat teams trading 2s for 3s every single game..

Patty should surrender all his shots/minutes to Danny now that he's out of his slump.

Mikeanaro
01-31-2016, 12:42 AM
Just trade him, there is no future with DG around Spurs.

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2016, 12:43 AM
Patty should surrender all his shots/minutes to Danny now that he's out of his slump.

At this point, I'd rather have Kyle or Simmons on the floor for Patty, tbh, just to experiment..Mills isn't a better ball-handler or creator than either of them, and there would be an increase in defensive length..

SpurPadre
01-31-2016, 12:45 AM
These threes were a stable of Green's game two years ago. They have been really inconsistent since, but pull-up threes aren't a bad way to play in transition at all, especially for someone you really don't want doing anything else on the break. In these particular cases, they were momentum shots. Had Green sunk one of those, I think the Spurs would have been able to push it pretty close at the end. They may have won. It's like taking a shot down the field after a first down in football.

True but do you really want to do that when you're not the best player on the team going against one of the best teams in the league on the road? I get he has the green (no pun intended) light to do that but it was a pretty reckless decision for him to try to do that tonight.

Chinook
01-31-2016, 12:50 AM
True but do you really want to do that when you're not the best player on the team going against one of the best teams in the league on the road? I get he has the green (no pun intended) light to do that but it was a pretty reckless decision for him to try to do that tonight.

I mean, it wasn't like deferring was working. Dude got no good touches all game. Much bigger issue than getting Kawhi post-ups

jdelar03
01-31-2016, 02:18 AM
Yeah its one thing to pull up in transition when the d is still fading back and you have a second to get set but to fly to the 3 point line and jump recklessly and throw up a bullshit shot is a different story not acceptable and im sure when the team looks at the game tape they will not consider those shots as good options pathetic

apalisoc_9
01-31-2016, 02:54 AM
To be fair, we hardly ever see the spurs run any sort of three point play for danny. How is he supposed to get in rhytem? How many times the spurs have run the hammer play for Green for example.

The sets the spurs use nowayds are meant to put Aldridge in easy situations, it doesnt conduct easy threes.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 10:31 AM
To be fair, we hardly ever see the spurs run any sort of three point play for danny. How is he supposed to get in rhytem? How many times the spurs have run the hammer play for Green for example.

The sets the spurs use nowayds are meant to put Aldridge in easy situations, it doesnt conduct easy threes.

Exactly. Green needs to be setup to make a 3. Look at what the Clippers do to get Reddick free. Where are the plays to get Green free? I never see any!

In fact, where are the PNRs? Where are the screens?

WTF is going on here anyway? The lack of creativity is just jarringly apparent. We saw this last year too. Has it anything to do with Messina??

tholdren
01-31-2016, 11:13 AM
I mean, it wasn't like deferring was working. Dude got no good touches all game. Much bigger issue than getting Kawhi post-ups
thats not true. when he gets touches he's a scared little girl with the ball and either flings up trash, turns it over trying to dribble, or passes immediately. scared. and its because he spends his time in da club instead of working on finishing or dribbling. trade