PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things both the warriors and the cavs exploited and how to fix them.

apalisoc_9
01-30-2016, 11:27 PM
Again, another away game that I expected the spurs to lose. I'm not overly concerned because this team is more offensively challenged than defensively. I would be worried on both games if the spurs have lost because they couldnt crack 90points.

- Both took advantage of Mills-Parker again...This is getting out of hand tbh. Both Mills and Parker are getting torched on PnR and matchup one on one exploitation.

The logical fix is utilizing Green and hiding these small guys on inept offensive players but Green probably slept with Pops daughter or some shit. Simmons plays with energy but his fundamentals is laughable.

- Both teams forced San Antonio to scramble by attacking the paint. Draymond-James-Irving have taken a wet shit on Diaw-Aldirdge-West. Really took advantage of poor help defense from the bigs.

Tim, take all the rest yo can because we are going to need you. Another small adjustment is Icing every Screen and Roll..I swear the spurs hardly iced on screen and rolls in both games.

- Both teams scroed a gazillion of points in scrambled plays be it by offensive glass or quick transition attack. The former is a huge issue.

- The spurs can have everyone crash the boards, but its hard to gauge if this is a problem or if its just them missing another rebounder in Duncan.

Spurs_619
01-30-2016, 11:29 PM
I think in this off season we need to get a bigger PG to come off the bench either in FA or the draft. Probably have to roll with Patty and Parker for this year though.

Honestly none of it matters if Lamarcus continues to no show against elite teams. Kawhi is not to the point where he can carry the load by himself if were asking him to defend the other teams best play every night.

Spurs_619
01-30-2016, 11:30 PM
And we need to get Danny more looks from three. When hes involved it completely brings out offense to the next level.

RD2191
01-30-2016, 11:35 PM
Spurs need a serious upgrade at PG and SG. We don't need all stars at either position but we need size at PG and a more than 3D at SG. Danny needs to move to the bench imo.

apalisoc_9
01-30-2016, 11:36 PM
Its hard to involve Green when Aldridge is the screener because.he hardly to never rolls to the basket. The Golden God played a huge role in giving Danny all the looks he had before.

TD is the only big that.consistently rolls o the basket.

Spurs_619
01-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Spurs need a serious upgrade at PG and SG. We don't need all stars at either position but we need size at PG and a more than 3D at SG. Danny needs to move to the bench imo.

I don't think moving Danny to the bench is a good idea our spacing is worse then expected with LMA not being able to shoot from 3 at all. If we take Danny out Kawhi is our only legitimate 3 point threat.

apalisoc_9
01-30-2016, 11:38 PM
I dont think its parker fault either. The defenses dont break down because they know none of the bigs will roll. The corner three is virtually non existant if you cant force the defenders in the wing to help.

loveforthegame
01-30-2016, 11:42 PM

This. Especially the pg issue.

RD2191
01-30-2016, 11:51 PM
The league is too stacked at the PG position to start an undersized PG who has never been a good defender and only getting worse with age. He is constantly getting exposed on defense. Curry, Westbrook and Irving just to name a few. Most top teams have serious offensive threats at the PG position. We obviously won't find an all star but we at least need a decent distributor with some size/length to at least slow down opposing star PG. I love Parker and DG but they need to be willing to move to the bench imo. Especially Parker who claims he wants to have a very long career.

The Whopper
01-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Yes. Our guards all suck. Share the woe.

Spurs9
01-30-2016, 11:55 PM
Who can we trade to get walker tbh

noles1983
01-30-2016, 11:58 PM
all around the league is awesome guards. some teams have like 3 awesome guards. we don't even have fucking one

RD2191
01-30-2016, 11:59 PM
all around the league is awesome guards. some teams have like 3 awesome guards. we don't even have fucking one
Tbh. Shit pisses me off.

Spurs_619
01-31-2016, 12:02 AM
The league is too stacked at the PG position to start an undersized PG who has never been a good defender and only getting worse with age. He is constantly getting exposed on defense. Curry, Westbrook and Irving just to name a few. Most top teams have serious offensive threats at the PG position. We obviously won't find an all star but we at least need a decent distributor with some size/length to at least slow down opposing star PG. I love Parker and DG but they need to be willing to move to the bench imo. Especially Parker who claims he wants to have a very long career.

Who would you replace danny with. Simmons?

RD2191
01-31-2016, 12:04 AM
Who would you replace danny with. Simmons?

Well I'm talking out of my ass as usual so I really have no idea. I'm open to suggestions though. Lol. Simmons is still pretty raw imo. He could start next season if he puts some serious work in during the offseason imo.

Spurs_619
01-31-2016, 12:15 AM
Well I'm talking out of my ass as usual so I really have no idea. I'm open to suggestions though. Lol. Simmons is still pretty raw imo. He could start next season if he puts some serious work in during the offseason imo.

I agree if he puts in some work with chip and his handles i think he can be a really solid peice. And for finding a PG with size no one comes to mind who is realistic. Might have to draft one.

J_Paco
01-31-2016, 12:17 AM

You realize your take that Parker is "undersized " is incorrect, right? Since when is being 6'2" "undersized" for a NBA point guard?

It has become pretty clear that Patty Mills lack of height is a huge issue especially when he is a poor defender in general and opposing teams are exploiting that fact. Should have traded Patty and kept CoJo.....

Spurs_619
01-31-2016, 12:19 AM
You realize your take that Parker is "undersized " is incorrect, right? Since when is being 6'2" "undersized" for a NBA point guard?

It has become pretty clear that Patty Mills lack of height is a huge issue especially when he is a poor defender in general and opposing teams are exploiting that fact. Should have traded Patty and kept CoJo.....
He isn't very strong or long is what i think he meant. ideally a 6'4 point guard with a 6'6 + wingspan would be perfect.

ChumpDumper
01-31-2016, 12:20 AM
He isn't very strong or long is what i think he meant. ideally a 6'4 point guard with a 6'6 + wingspan would be perfect.How many top point guards meet those measurements?

RD2191
01-31-2016, 12:21 AM

Yeah, but he's a soft and weak 6'2. You also can't beat father time. He'll eventually have to move to the bench if he wants to keep playing. PG in todays league is a young mans game. He's delusional if he thinks he can keep starting until he retires.

And yes, I agree. I'm a huge cojo fan and I wish the Spurs had found a way to keep him.

Spurs_619
01-31-2016, 12:22 AM
How many top point guards meet those measurements?

Not very many is why in my previous post i said it was unrealistic that the spurs could find someone who's that big, skilled, and realistic to get.

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2016, 12:22 AM
Not very many is why in my previous post i said it was unrealistic that the spurs could find someone who's that big, skilled, and realistic to get.

:lol that poster has a fetish for asking questions, tbh, don't mind him, bro..

ChumpDumper
01-31-2016, 12:24 AM
:lol that poster has a fetish for asking questions, tbh, don't mind him, bro..lol this poster has a fetish for posting after losses. AWOL during most of the win streak tbh.

RD2191
01-31-2016, 12:24 AM
We don't need a star PG. Just a solid distributor and defender.

apalisoc_9
01-31-2016, 12:29 AM
:lol that poster has a fetish for asking questions, tbh, don't mind him, bro..

I dont even think that poster has ever talked about basketball..:lol

ChumpDumper
01-31-2016, 12:30 AM
I dont even think that poster has ever talked about basketball..:lollol another krew member who has been praying for losses.

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2016, 01:11 AM
I dont even think that poster has ever talked about basketball..:lol
I've seen him mention some names of NBA players..I think that's the entire extent of it, though:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2016, 01:16 AM
LOL at suggesting they can be fixed. The truth is, they CANNOT be fixed. This is the San Antonio Shits we're talking about. A pathetic group of gutless, heartless screwball marshmallows that don't give a fuck. What would you expect from them other than losing, losing and more losing?

The sooner y'all accept and embrace that the SA Shits are a bunch of losers and this problem is unsolvable, the cancer is terminal and inoperable, the happier you will be and the sooner y'all will be able to move on with your lives.

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 02:25 AM
Trade for Spencer Dinwiddie. He's a 2nd year player from Detroit. Has fallen out of the rotation bc Reggie Jackson, Jennings, and Steve Blake? He's been in the dleague, but he has size. Might have been a better option than Ray Mc.

cd021
01-31-2016, 02:54 AM

Really liked Cojo from last season and seems to be playing a big role in Toronto, but he has meshing issues with Manu. Teams would ignore him when Manu had the ball. He seldom took 3s but got to the basket, moved well without the ball and a good mid range shooter.

Defensively he's definitely above average and is a solid rebounder for his position.

Mills speed compensates, some for his lack of size, but he's still 6'0 its difficult to be an good defender when your that small. Its easy for bigs to screen him off. Parker in terms of height is fine but PGs are bigger, more athletic and better shooters/ scorers now. He simply can't guard Curry, Westbrook or Irving.

Kawhitstorm
01-31-2016, 02:55 AM
Easy Fix: Trade LMA for Fat Gasol:wakeup

apalisoc_9
01-31-2016, 02:57 AM
Fat Gasol would pass the ball in the post and fat Gasol rolls to the basket.

Venti Quattro
01-31-2016, 03:00 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge has to play like a man in a league of men. He's in an elite team now and every contribution of his will matter. If he doesn't show up, it won't matter if Duncan is there because guys like Love, Durant, Draymond and Barnes will take turns in drilling him in the ass

Kawhitstorm
01-31-2016, 03:30 AM
Fat Gasol would pass the ball in the post and fat Gasol rolls to the basket.

Fat Gasol protects the rim too........why did he have to cuck PATFO to sign w/ a shitty team?:cry

tbdog
01-31-2016, 04:13 AM
We lost because our transitional D was terrible. Our O was fine, even with LMA picking up a phantom 3rd foul

Slippy
01-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Start of the game Parker set the tone badly on offense. Too much dribble and one on one. KY kind of followed. There was not ball movement overall.

The defense however was much worse. Pop experimenting with zone d and spurs tranistion d made them look old.

r0drig0lac
01-31-2016, 02:40 PM
start with Kyle as PG

Slippy
01-31-2016, 06:47 PM
Not sure about starting but getting kyle into the game sooner wouldn't hurt.

Simmons and Anderson certainly need more mins going into the second half of the season. Both look comfortable now, like they belong in the nba. There are stretches where im left thinking less Green and Tony for these two. They are earning the extra burn

phxspurfan
01-31-2016, 06:53 PM
We miss CoJo