PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Still waiting,,,,

HemisfairArena
01-31-2016, 12:13 AM
for my fellow Spurs fans to show me how I am wrong about the Warriors winning 68+ games,,,,you guys said I was crazy and they would only win 62-65 at best,,,,lmao. We're not beating this team,,,no chance. I don't care how mad you get,,,I have said all along how good they are,,,if healthy,they repeat,,,,

HarlemHeat37
01-31-2016, 12:37 AM
Low 60s was a very conservative estimate, its been evident that they're going to win around 70, all season, tbh..

Historically great team + weak season = Bulls should be worried

DMC
01-31-2016, 12:53 AM
The caveat emptor that OP seems to be disregarding is that no one on the Warriors auto-subs. Jordan played every game like it was the Finals, but Kerr won't take that chance if he's up 5 or 6 games with a few left to go. If he has the chance to beat that record he might take it, but if Steph gets hurt chasing a RS record that's going to fall on the coach. Kerr seems smarter than that.

spurraider21
01-31-2016, 12:57 AM
The caveat emptor that OP seems to be disregarding is that no one on the Warriors auto-subs. Jordan played every game like it was the Finals, but Kerr won't take that chance if he's up 5 or 6 games with a few left to go. If he has the chance to beat that record he might take it, but if Steph gets hurt chasing a RS record that's going to fall on the coach. Kerr seems smarter than that.
let him get hurt, he's an overrated chucker.

daslicer
01-31-2016, 01:10 AM
I think they will get 74 at the rate they are going. Kerr wants the record and so do they.

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2016, 01:35 AM
Let's not ignore that Kerr was ON that team, :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
01-31-2016, 01:36 AM
I think they will get 74 at the rate they are going. Kerr wants the record and so do they.
Kerr was a part of the old record, tbh.

daslicer
01-31-2016, 01:52 AM
Kerr was a part of the old record, tbh.

Yes he was but he's also super competitive. He did once get into a fight with Jordan during practice granted he lost. I'm sure he would like to get the record to rub it in Jordan's and Phil's face.

Venti Quattro
01-31-2016, 02:01 AM
Kerr will rest his players if he has a chance... He has shown that this season with Walton

DMC
01-31-2016, 02:02 AM
Let's not ignore that Kerr was ON that team, :lmao
And didn't sub himself in.

DMC
01-31-2016, 02:03 AM
Yes he was but he's also super competitive. He did once get into a fight with Jordan during practice granted he lost. I'm sure he would like to get the record to rub it in Jordan's and Phil's face.
No, having 1 ring and that RS win record doesn't make for a good face rubbing to a coach with 11 or so rings or a player with 6 FMVPs. Kerr wants another ring, not RS talking points.

daslicer
01-31-2016, 02:17 AM
No, having 1 ring and that RS win record doesn't make for a good face rubbing to a coach with 11 or so rings or a player with 6 FMVPs. Kerr wants another ring, not RS talking points.

I disagree that 72 win record is sacred ground for MJ and Phil. MJ and Phil are both bitter when any of their records are broken it doesn't matter how many accomplishments they have and Kerr knows that. Kerr is going for the grand slam he wants the record and the ring that's what I believe. Kerr was never really close to Phil or MJ when you hear his interviews. I remember him being on NBA open court a few years ago and was asked if he could play for any coach who would it be? Kerr responded by saying Pop and went on talking about how enjoyed playing for the spurs more so than any other organization. That to me was a subtle shot at MJ and Phil.

Thread
01-31-2016, 06:17 AM
You're insulating yourself, Hemi,,,should they A) attain this 70 win extravaganza,,,and B) your belief that attaining it would guarantee your lockout to *6.

It's pussy, Hemi.

DMC
01-31-2016, 03:38 PM
You're insulating yourself, Hemi,,,should they A) attain this 70 win extravaganza,,,and B) your belief that attaining it would guarantee your lockout to *6.

It's pussy, Hemi.
"There's no misery when your team sucks" -Dale

Pussy

DMC
01-31-2016, 03:39 PM
I disagree that 72 win record is sacred ground for MJ and Phil. MJ and Phil are both bitter when any of their records are broken it doesn't matter how many accomplishments they have and Kerr knows that. Kerr is going for the grand slam he wants the record and the ring that's what I believe. Kerr was never really close to Phil or MJ when you hear his interviews. I remember him being on NBA open court a few years ago and was asked if he could play for any coach who would it be? Kerr responded by saying Pop and went on talking about how enjoyed playing for the spurs more so than any other organization. That to me was a subtle shot at MJ and Phil.

You're looking at it from a fan perspective of talking points. Kerr is looking at it from a manager perspective of championships. No coach ever got fired for not breaking the Bulls RS record. Break that record and get Steph hurt in the process and lose in round 2. Let's see how that pans out.

daslicer
01-31-2016, 04:35 PM
You're looking at it from a fan perspective of talking points. Kerr is looking at it from a manager perspective of championships. No coach ever got fired for not breaking the Bulls RS record. Break that record and get Steph hurt in the process and lose in round 2. Let's see how that pans out.

Regardless of what happens Kerr has job security. Curry could tear his Achilles tendon on the last game of the season and they still wont fire him. Coaches that win championships rarely get fired in the history of the NBA. Also it was evident against the Sixers that Kerr doesn't worry about injuries since he overplayed Draymond on purpose to help him get a triple double. Even Draymond mentioned this after the game. Kerr has a chance to make history and be remembered. He won't give up that opportunity. Role players are never remembered even if they are on championships squads. When you think of the championship bulls the first names come to your minds is MJ,Pippen,Rodman, and maybe Kukoc but that's it. When you think of the Spurs or Lakers the names Duncan,Parker,Ginobili,Shaq,Kobe come up but nobody mentions Horry. However everybody remembers the coach of championship teams. Kerr will be remembered more as being the coach of the team that broke the 72 win record versus being one of the role players that played on the 72 win bulls team. I do have them getting 74 wins but we'll see what happens.

Raven
01-31-2016, 04:37 PM
i'm pretty sure no one cares.

DMC
01-31-2016, 08:01 PM
Regardless of what happens Kerr has job security. Curry could tear his Achilles tendon on the last game of the season and they still wont fire him. Coaches that win championships rarely get fired in the history of the NBA. Also it was evident against the Sixers that Kerr doesn't worry about injuries since he overplayed Draymond on purpose to help him get a triple double. Even Draymond mentioned this after the game. Kerr has a chance to make history and be remembered. He won't give up that opportunity. Role players are never remembered even if they are on championships squads. When you think of the championship bulls the first names come to your minds is MJ,Pippen,Rodman, and maybe Kukoc but that's it. When you think of the Spurs or Lakers the names Duncan,Parker,Ginobili,Shaq,Kobe come up but nobody mentions Horry. However everybody remembers the coach of championship teams. Kerr will be remembered more as being the coach of the team that broke the 72 win record versus being one of the role players that played on the 72 win bulls team. I do have them getting 74 wins but we'll see what happens.

Obviously you remember Steve Kerr was on that squad. Who do you think has forgotten it?

daslicer
01-31-2016, 08:06 PM
Obviously you remember Steve Kerr was on that squad. Who do you think has forgotten it?

Yes but the majority of fans don't remember.

Fat Hands
01-31-2016, 08:15 PM

let him get hurt, he's an overrated chucker.

:lmao

how did i miss this

HemisfairArena
01-31-2016, 09:36 PM
When your best player that is the best in the league goes cold and you are still up by 20+ on the road early in the 4th,,,,you are a fuckin' juggernaut,,,,.Bulls after 48 games in their 72 win season were 43-5,,,,Warriors after 48 games are 44-4,,,,