PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Rotation

coachmac87
01-31-2016, 12:38 PM
InActives-Bonner, McCollum, Butler

Guards-Parker, Green, Manu, Mills, Simmons

Forwards-Leonard, Aldridge, West, Diaw, Anderson

Center- Duncan, Boban

This is pretty much the Active roster for the postseason. Now you'd have to breakdown the minutes/roles etc.

Is this good enough? We have players struggling to do what they do best in Green and Mills. They're supposed to be out deadly shooters but both have been struggling lately( Patty) and (Green) been struggling all year. Neither can create for others so they don't bring you ANYTHING but shooting. Defensively Green is one of our best but he can be som bad on the other end its a win/lose situation. Patty is small and is a player who can struggle to guard in general.

Anderson/Simmons/Boban do we trust them? Look they have all shown flashes but can we rely on them when needed most. Out of the 3 Simmons is our best bet making a difference. Due to his playmaking and on ball defense guarding point guards. Anderson is "Ok" on both ends. He's long and can pass but he can't shoot the 3 and just isn't athletic enough IMO. Boban? Well he IMO he should've been starting in replace of Timmy. I can't make up my mind on him dominating in blow outs. We need to find out if he's something we can utilize or if he's just a human victory cigar.

Timmy/Manu/Parker- They're great. But TBH they're also inconsistent...all of them. Mileage and age being the biggest key. Something you just can't fix. They can each win you a game and then they can lose you one just by not showing up. But bottom line we will have to rely on them...which could be our downfall.

Diaw/West- West has been great. Diaw has been "OK". But I don't think either will make or break us but I think only ONE can get minutes come postseason and that being based on match ups. Diaw probably gets the nod due to his play making/post up something we heavily rely on. But he needs to better on the defensive end. Tough task to ask for tho.

Aldridge/Leonard- Everything falls on them. Everything..we need them both to be great on both sides of the floor and both must play 35min a game. It's why they are "Max" guys. We made our bed and don't really have a choice. Aldridge seems to respond since he got embarrassed and harassed after GSW. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Bottom line- This is a tough task for Pop to manage due to the variety of each skills but yet inconsistency due to age/experience/chemistry. We are too old to stick with a typical 8-9 man rotation but he may not have a choice but I'm not comfortable with it.

Spurs need another player that can play 25-30min..and IMO it's a wing player. Simmons IMO is your 3rd string PG. Which leaves Manu,Green, Anderson has your wings. That's just not going to cut it....neither can give you consistent production for 25-30 min. So IMO I look to make a move to help that group. Question is what move can you make?

cjw
01-31-2016, 01:43 PM
You get to dress 13 guys, not 12. I imagine Butler is active as he's more useful against small ball teams. Bonner may be active against a bigger team like Memphis.

Agree on Simmons as third string PG. McCallum is purely insurance should Parker/Mills get hurt.

On 3 pointers, Green has actually been very good this month at 49% and Mills is visibly below his 2012-2014 level, but still shooting 37% from deep (would rank third in the league compared to other teams). Manu at the same levels as Mills which is good for 56% from two or 1.11 PPS - that's totally fine. Kawhi has been elite from deep as we all know.

The issue is really that the number of 3 point attempts created is abysmal - only 22.3% of all FGA are threes, with only MEM, BKN, MIL and MIN worse (yuck). League average is 28.1% and six teams shoot at least 1/3 of attempts from deep. Just moving to league average would mean about 5 more three pointers attempted per game.

Given how many guys can take their guy into the block, it would be great if Diaw, Aldridge and even Parker attempted more threes, at least in the regular season. Not sure West has that range, but having additional threats from deep will keep defenses on their toes. It would be great to replace some of the long twos taken with threes. Spurs are shooting only ~43% from beyond ten feet vs. 39% from deep, which is a difference of 1.16 PPS to 0.86 PPS. That's almost 1.5 points per game if moving to league average in attempts. Granted, not sure they can keep up a 39% clip from deep, but anything above 29% is a net positive. I'm SURE they can do at least that well. It also has the intangible benefit of spreading the floor more and allowing for driving lanes.

coachmac87
01-31-2016, 01:51 PM
You get to dress 13 guys, not 12. I imagine Butler is active as he's more useful against small ball teams. Bonner may be active against a bigger team like Memphis.

Agree on Simmons as third string PG. McCallum is purely insurance should Parker/Mills get hurt.

On 3 pointers, Green has actually been very good this month at 49% and Mills is visibly below his 2012-2014 level, but still shooting 37% from deep (would rank third in the league compared to other teams). Manu at the same levels as Mills which is good for 56% from two or 1.11 PPS - that's totally fine. Kawhi has been elite from deep as we all know.

The issue is really that the number of 3 point attempts created is abysmal - only 22.3% of all FGA are threes, with only MEM, BKN, MIL and MIN worse (yuck). League average is 28.1% and six teams shoot at least 1/3 of attempts from deep. Just moving to league average would mean about 5 more three pointers attempted per game.

Given how many guys can take their guy into the block, it would be great if Diaw, Aldridge and even Parker attempted more threes, at least in the regular season. Not sure West has that range, but having additional threats from deep will keep defenses on their toes. It would be great to replace some of the long twos taken with threes. Spurs are shooting only ~43% from beyond ten feet vs. 39% from deep, which is a difference of 1.16 PPS to 0.86 PPS. That's almost 1.5 points per game if moving to league average in attempts. Granted, not sure they can keep up a 39% clip from deep, but anything above 29% is a net positive. I'm SURE they can do at least that well. It also has the intangible benefit of spreading the floor more and allowing for driving lanes.

I agree with what you said. But when it comes to minutes and rotation in postseason who gets what? IMO 35min goes to Leonard and Aldridge..and you'd probably have to play Parker 30min.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 01:59 PM

Great stats on the 3. I agree with this, you can't be attempting at the same rate as Memphis! Look at Spurs when they blew away the rockets and scored 130 points (123 was highest previously for season). Spurs made 23 attempts vs 14 attempts against Warriors. Against Cav spurs attempted only 18 times.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 02:03 PM

Great stats on the 3. I agree with this, you can't be attempting at the same rate as Memphis! Look at Spurs when they blew away the rockets and scored 130 points (123 was highest previously for season). Spurs made 23 attempts vs 14 attempts against Warriors. Against Cav spurs attempted only 18 times.

Warriors are taking every opportunity to take a 3 point attempt.

Cavs are using LeBron to kick out to their 3 point shooters.... Love, Irving, Smith, Dellevedova. I mean c'mon, Spurs can't find open 3 point shooters because their post players aren't good passers (i.e. Leonard and Aldridge)

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 02:18 PM
It just means you can't cut minutes on Danny and an effort needs to be made to get him shots. Patty has been dissappointing. Unlike Danny he really doesn't bring much if he's not shooting well. We miss a big who rolls to the basket to open lanes. LMA doesn't create lanes bc he likes,to shoot.

Ultimately I think this team is confused in its identity. The old guys are really too old yo be consistently great against elite team's and the young guys are not at their level. We go as far as LMA and Kawhi take us and right now it doesn't look like that is too far.

Ppl continue to underestimate Anderson. But maybe playing time is opened up soon. Simmons is athletic but he can't orchestrate an offense. He's a SG not a PG. That is why he works well with Anderson or Manu and I like him with Anderson more than I do with Manu.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 02:27 PM
It just means you can't cut minutes on Danny and an effort needs to be made to get him shots. Patty has been dissappointing. Unlike Danny he really doesn't bring much if he's not shooting well. We miss a big who rolls to the basket to open lanes. LMA doesn't create lanes bc he likes,to shoot.

Ultimately I think this team is confused in its identity. The old guys are really too old yo be consistently great against elite team's and the young guys are not at their level. We go as far as LMA and Kawhi take us and right now it doesn't look like that is too far.

Ppl continue to underestimate Anderson. But maybe playing time is opened up soon. Simmons is athletic but he can't orchestrate an offense. He's a SG not a PG. That is why he works well with Anderson or Manu and I like him with Anderson more than I do with Manu.

Been saying the entire season that these that Anderson and Simmons need to step it up. Simmons is coming a long very nicely. He'll plug a hole at the guard position defensively. Despite be scored on against Irving, he played good defense. Irving had to make ridiculous shots and there wasn't anyone at the paint to help. Actually technically, LMA was at the paint but he was of no help!

I did not think though that Spurs need Anderson to cross the chasm this year, but with Aldridge not filling the vacuum of reduced scoring by the big 3 (and the additional loss of Belinelli), someone else needs to take the slack!
What Anderson needs in his arsenal to get to next level is that 3 point shot. He needs to take in in the same way as he takes his mid range shot. That in addition to taking it more often and making it. If any player is open, its Anderson and if guarded close, he has the craftiness to score against tight defense. In fact, Anderson is the go to guy when the clock is running down.

cjw
01-31-2016, 02:28 PM
I agree with what you said. But when it comes to minutes and rotation in postseason who gets what? IMO 35min goes to Leonard and Aldridge..and you'd probably have to play Parker 30min.

This will depend on matchups, but I see something like this:

PG
SG
SF
PF
C
Total

Parker
-
-
-
-

Mills
-
-
-

Ginobili
-
-
-

Green
-
-
-

Simmons
-
-
-

Anderson
-
-
-
-

Leonard
-
-
-
-

Diaw
-
-
-
-

West
-
-
-
-

Aldridge
-
-
-

Duncan
-
-
-
-

Total

cjw
01-31-2016, 02:33 PM

Warriors are taking every opportunity to take a 3 point attempt.

Cavs are using LeBron to kick out to their 3 point shooters.... Love, Irving, Smith, Dellevedova. I mean c'mon, Spurs can't find open 3 point shooters because their post players aren't good passers (i.e. Leonard and Aldridge)

That's why I'm not opposed to posting guys like Diaw, West and Duncan more and letting Leonard and Aldridge either get open looks or make cuts. Parker really needs to get up more 3pt attempts too. He's a 43% shooter on an attempt per game. I'm fine with the efficiency falling but the attempts increasing. Simmons basically matches Parker's stats from deep, which is why I think he's a much more useful tool this season than Anderson who has no outside game at this stage (very good in other facets that are redundant with Diaw).

Without Duncan, the high-low has been missing from the offense to get Aldridge easy points.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 02:36 PM

PG
SG
SF
PF
C
Total

Parker
-
-
-
-

Mills
-
-
-

Ginobili
-
-
-

Green
-
-
-

Simmons
-
-
-

Anderson
-
-
-
-

Leonard
-
-
-
-

Diaw
-
-
-
-

West
-
-
-
-

Aldridge
-
-
-

Duncan
-
-
-
-

Total

Bullshit... that means you got 46 minutes with a midget on the court.

cjw
01-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Bullshit... that means you got 46 minutes with a midget on the court.

That was my point. You think they bring Parker down to 28 and Mills to 10? Maybe Manu can run point for 10 minutes, but then you're relying on Green/Simmons to fill 34 minutes at shooting guard assuming Manu spends his other 14 there. Maybe that is the answer...

coachmac87
01-31-2016, 03:07 PM
That was my point. You think they bring Parker down to 28 and Mills to 10? Maybe Manu can run point for 10 minutes, but then you're relying on Green/Simmons to fill 34 minutes at shooting guard assuming Manu spends his other 14 there. Maybe that is the answer...

That's the thing if you can't rely on Green/Simmons to get you minutes you've got to make a move...which I stated in the OP

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 03:10 PM
Been saying the entire season that these that Anderson and Simmons need to step it up. Simmons is coming a long very nicely. He'll plug a hole at the guard position defensively. Despite be scored on against Irving, he played good defense. Irving had to make ridiculous shots and there wasn't anyone at the paint to help. Actually technically, LMA was at the paint but he was of no help!

I did not think though that Spurs need Anderson to cross the chasm this year, but with Aldridge not filling the vacuum of reduced scoring by the big 3 (and the additional loss of Belinelli), someone else needs to take the slack!
What Anderson needs in his arsenal to get to next level is that 3 point shot. He needs to take in in the same way as he takes his mid range shot. That in addition to taking it more often and making it. If any player is open, its Anderson and if guarded close, he has the craftiness to score against tight defense. In fact, Anderson is the go to guy when the clock is running down.

He is damn clutch!!! He will make shots with guys on his jersey. I agree on him shooting. Needs to shoot more. I think he has been encouraged to do so bc early season Pop was really scolding him very hard over his shot selection and what he got for that was a very timid roleplayer that wasn't going to help him win games. I think he realized Anderson needs a green light to get his own shots and make plays. That is/was/probably will be his best asset to the team. He has a sweet stroke and needs to keep shooting, and I do think he will be able to expand that range, just has to keep getting his shots. I don't think Pop thought they would need him this season, and probably were developing him for next season, but Pop's hand has been forced with Timmy injured and Anderson, situationally at least has come forth with better games than Diaw. Against Houston Anderson was the other big with LMA, and maybe that is the combo we should roll with for a few games while Timmy is out against perimeter teams and in that role, he needs to be aggressive.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 03:11 PM

That's one of the major problems with the rotation. You move Ginobili and Anderson to point guard duties. SG duties of Ginobili are taken by Simmons who should play at least 15 minutes in post season.

Furthermore, Ginobili shouldn't be playing 24 minutes in post season.

ceperez
01-31-2016, 03:14 PM
He is damn clutch!!! He will make shots with guys on his jersey. I agree on him shooting. Needs to shoot more. I think he has been encouraged to do so bc early season Pop was really scolding him very hard over his shot selection and what he got for that was a very timid roleplayer that wasn't going to help him win games. I think he realized Anderson needs a green light to get his own shots and make plays. That is/was/probably will be his best asset to the team. He has a sweet stroke and needs to keep shooting, and I do think he will be able to expand that range, just has to keep getting his shots. I don't think Pop thought they would need him this season, and probably were developing him for next season, but Pop's hand has been forced with Timmy injured and Anderson, situationally at least has come forth with better games than Diaw. Against Houston Anderson was the other big with LMA, and maybe that is the combo we should roll with for a few games while Timmy is out against perimeter teams and in that role, he needs to be aggressive.

It is evident to me that Anderson has the green light to force the issue if there are 5 seconds left on the clock. He's not in the offensive option however he's the safety/release valve in a stagnant offense.

There are just too many times that Anderson is taking the last second shot and that's likely by design.

raybies
01-31-2016, 03:19 PM

Nikola milutinov

cjw
01-31-2016, 03:31 PM
That's one of the major problems with the rotation. You move Ginobili and Anderson to point guard duties. SG duties of Ginobili are taken by Simmons who should play at least 15 minutes in post season.

Furthermore, Ginobili shouldn't be playing 24 minutes in post season.

You're getting extra time off between games in the postseason, so no reason to think he can't go 24. But you do get diminishing returns on anything above 20 minutes from him.

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 03:48 PM
It is evident to me that Anderson has the green light to force the issue if there are 5 seconds left on the clock. He's not in the offensive option however he's the safety/release valve in a stagnant offense.

There are just too many times that Anderson is taking the last second shot and that's likely by design.
I agree. It's also promising that he's shooting so well considering he doesn't get many easy shots.

daledondale
01-31-2016, 03:56 PM
InActives-Bonner, McCollum, Butler

Guards-Parker, Green, Manu, Mills, Simmons

Forwards-Leonard, Aldridge, West, Diaw, Anderson

Center- Duncan, Boban

This is pretty much the Active roster for the postseason. Now you'd have to breakdown the minutes/roles etc.

Is this good enough? We have players struggling to do what they do best in Green and Mills. They're supposed to be out deadly shooters but both have been struggling lately( Patty) and (Green) been struggling all year. Neither can create for others so they don't bring you ANYTHING but shooting. Defensively Green is one of our best but he can be som bad on the other end its a win/lose situation. Patty is small and is a player who can struggle to guard in general.

Anderson/Simmons/Boban do we trust them? Look they have all shown flashes but can we rely on them when needed most. Out of the 3 Simmons is our best bet making a difference. Due to his playmaking and on ball defense guarding point guards. Anderson is "Ok" on both ends. He's long and can pass but he can't shoot the 3 and just isn't athletic enough IMO. Boban? Well he IMO he should've been starting in replace of Timmy. I can't make up my mind on him dominating in blow outs. We need to find out if he's something we can utilize or if he's just a human victory cigar.

Timmy/Manu/Parker- They're great. But TBH they're also inconsistent...all of them. Mileage and age being the biggest key. Something you just can't fix. They can each win you a game and then they can lose you one just by not showing up. But bottom line we will have to rely on them...which could be our downfall.

Diaw/West- West has been great. Diaw has been "OK". But I don't think either will make or break us but I think only ONE can get minutes come postseason and that being based on match ups. Diaw probably gets the nod due to his play making/post up something we heavily rely on. But he needs to better on the defensive end. Tough task to ask for tho.

Aldridge/Leonard- Everything falls on them. Everything..we need them both to be great on both sides of the floor and both must play 35min a game. It's why they are "Max" guys. We made our bed and don't really have a choice. Aldridge seems to respond since he got embarrassed and harassed after GSW. Let's see if he can keep it up.

Bottom line- This is a tough task for Pop to manage due to the variety of each skills but yet inconsistency due to age/experience/chemistry. We are too old to stick with a typical 8-9 man rotation but he may not have a choice but I'm not comfortable with it.

Spurs need another player that can play 25-30min..and IMO it's a wing player. Simmons IMO is your 3rd string PG. Which leaves Manu,Green, Anderson has your wings. That's just not going to cut it....neither can give you consistent production for 25-30 min. So IMO I look to make a move to help that group. Question is what move can you make?
I stop reading right there.

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 04:00 PM

PG
SG
SF
PF
C
Total

Parker
-
-
-
-

Mills
-
-
-

Ginobili
-
-
-

Green
-
-
-

Simmons
-
-
-

Anderson
-
-
-
-

Leonard
-
-
-
-

Diaw
-
-
-
-

West
-
-
-
-

Aldridge
-
-
-

Duncan
-
-
-
-

Total

That is too little for Simmons and Anderson. Both will need to play more than 5 each. Maybe match up based they play more, but I don't think Manu can give you quality for 24 minutes. I just don't see it and he hasn't shown it in close games all season. When overplayed he's bad. After the 20 minute mark he's not good, sometimes even sooner depending on the tempo. I see Manu less minutes and the combo of Simmons/Anderson getting a few minutes together. Maybe Simmons even gets some minutes from Mills. If Mills is not shooting well and getting destroyed on defense, you have to give Simmons' a shot.

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 04:03 PM
That's why I'm not opposed to posting guys like Diaw, West and Duncan more and letting Leonard and Aldridge either get open looks or make cuts. Parker really needs to get up more 3pt attempts too. He's a 43% shooter on an attempt per game. I'm fine with the efficiency falling but the attempts increasing. Simmons basically matches Parker's stats from deep, which is why I think he's a much more useful tool this season than Anderson who has no outside game at this stage (very good in other facets that are redundant with Diaw).

Without Duncan, the high-low has been missing from the offense to get Aldridge easy points.
I re-watched some sequences of the game and Tony passed up a lot of open 3s. As much flak as Anderson gets for his open shots, he really only got one corner 3 open and he didn't pass it up. Tony passed up shots. Really Tony is not going to fit our post heavy offense if he's not taking the 3. Really disappointed in Tony quite frankly.

cjw
02-01-2016, 12:37 PM
I re-watched some sequences of the game and Tony passed up a lot of open 3s. As much flak as Anderson gets for his open shots, he really only got one corner 3 open and he didn't pass it up. Tony passed up shots. Really Tony is not going to fit our post heavy offense if he's not taking the 3. Really disappointed in Tony quite frankly.

Difference between Anderson and Parker is that Parker is an above average 3pt shooter. That's what makes Parker passing them up, dribbling a few steps in and shooting more infuriating. In the heat of the moment, your instinct is to give yourself the better chance of making the shot instead of maximizing probability-weighted points from your shot.

coachmac87
02-01-2016, 12:52 PM
I just don't see Anderson being in the playoff rotation. Anderson isn't going to make or break the Spurs season if he brings anything to the table is "trade value".

My point of thread is concern over the main guys in rotation not Anderson or Simmons fighting for DNPs

SAGirl
02-01-2016, 02:16 PM
I just don't see Anderson being in the playoff rotation. Anderson isn't going to make or break the Spurs season if he brings anything to the table is "trade value".

My point of thread is concern over the main guys in rotation not Anderson or Simmons fighting for DNPs

I do think Anderson has trade value. I didn't think he had many to start the season but he's been developing and has nice production in limited minutes. He's intriguing enough that some teams could like him. At this stage, I think it should be recognized that the "pace and space" era in the NBA requires not just good shooters, but at least 1 elite passer and ideally 2. Many teams are lacking space and passing and just cannot play that style. Other teams have shooting, but not enough creativity off the dribble. There are teams where Anderson could really fit in, like Boris joined the Spurs in 2011-12 and gave us a huge boost.

The point is, do you want to trade a guy like that for the sake of this season, when we are doing very well and our elite passers are about to retire (Manu/Tim) and our other elite passer is getting old (Boris)? I don't think the Spurs want to trade him, but that is just my opinion. They really like him, and had we not had the vets here, he would be playing a lot more and maybe he will next season.

SAGirl
02-01-2016, 02:22 PM
(Edited: for some reason, the post repeated )

ceperez
02-01-2016, 02:23 PM

If you trade away Anderson today, who will be the make passes for the Spurs after Parker and Diaw are gone?

SAGirl
02-01-2016, 05:53 PM

Also, you are probably wrong on Simmons. Like I stated I don't see Manu playing 24 minutes. I am going to be bold even. If we NEED 24 minutes from Manu we will loose. I am that confident.

Simmons' defense will probably be needed if Patty is not hot from 3. Patty's PnR defense, and defense on other guards is the worst and if he's not hitting shots its a negative.

Anderson is more of a luxury at this point, and yet, against perimeter lineups he's done a better job than our other bigs quite frankly.

I don't see these two as DNP. They have outplayed guys in the rotation in recent games.

coachmac87
02-01-2016, 05:57 PM
If you trade away Anderson today, who will be the make passes for the Spurs after Parker and Diaw are gone?

Thats the least of my worries.

spursistan
03-29-2016, 12:40 PM
BUMP...

Kawhi 35-37 MPG
LMA 33-35 MPG
Duncan 25-28 MPG (R1/R2/potential Finals))
Green 25-30 MPG
Parker 28-30 MPG

Ginobili 20-22 MPG
Mills 18-22 MPG
West 18-20 MPG
Diaw 16-20 MPG
K-Mart 7-8 MPG
Anderson 4-6 MPG (R1)
Miller 3-5 MPG

SAGirl
03-29-2016, 12:51 PM
BUMP...

Kawhi 35-37 MPG
LMA 33-35 MPG
Duncan 25-28 MPG (R1/R2/potential Finals))
Green 25-30 MPG
Parker 28-30 MPG

Ginobili 20-22 MPG
Mills 18-22 MPG
West 18-20 MPG
Diaw 16-20 MPG
K-Mart 7-8 MPG
Anderson 4-6 MPG (R1)
Miller 3-5 MPG
Only disagree with you that I see Anderson and Kmart minutes reversed, but Kmart being a floater possibly subbing for different guys will still get his time. Also, I think this season Pop is not above riding the player who is having a great game and shortening up the minutes to someone who is sinking us. Anderson being a young player has the potential to be this inconsistent, therefor possibly having a terrific game, followed by a more muted game, where Pop decides to go with someone else. The old vets will be inconsistent too.

The committee will be different guys on different night. Pop not above cutting minutes to a vet who is not match up proof like TD or who is stinking it up (hopefully not the case for anyone, but our roleplayers have been very inconsistent).

bklynspursfan
03-29-2016, 01:32 PM
^I think Miller could see more time than both Anderson and Martin. And he should.. especially nights where Pop likes to play with 2 pgs.

All sort of speculation cause it'll all depend on matchups

FromWayDowntown
03-29-2016, 01:39 PM
Pop not above cutting minutes to a vet who is not match up proof like TD or who is stinking it up.

Pop's move against the Warriors was practical, but it also sent a message. It's pretty hard to argue about your minutes in a tough matchup when one of the 10 greatest players in history accepted what the coach deemed best for the team and didn't sulk about his minutes.

SAGirl
03-29-2016, 02:26 PM
^I think Miller could see more time than both Anderson and Martin. And he should.. especially nights where Pop likes to play with 2 pgs.

All sort of speculation cause it'll all depend on matchups
I really really like him. And if for whatever reason Manu needs to sit, I prefer him. He's also a strong guy, ideal for Pop's switching and not helping defense. Has good instincts for the game and is a tough as nails veteran. Great rebounding and boxing out for a PG too bc he's tough.