PDA

View Full Version : CIA Pop pissing off ST

Spurtacular
01-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Most ST'ers are mad about these latest blowout losses to arguably the Spurs main rivals (Warriors, Cavs).

Both were road games what would've been hard to win playing 5 on 8 in the first place. They would've depleted valuable energies had the Spurs really went for them against the odds. Pop seems to have just marked them as L's and not given away his hand whatsoever. Good strategy? Bad strategy? I dunno. But that seems clear to me that that is what happened.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are getting pissed at watching our previously dominant team dropping eggs in prime time against the main competish....

baseline bum
01-31-2016, 02:43 PM
His best CIA move is keeping Jimmer in the D-League until March, then brings that nigga in and we go 16-0 and make Curry cry home to his momma.

SAGirl
01-31-2016, 02:46 PM
I do think there is some CIA POP, but not that he wanted to throw the games, his hand was forced by not having Timmy. Defensively guys had to do things they are not good at (LMA rim protecting), and got out of the comfort zone. Simmons and Anderson have emerged from this debacle with some good moments and good games. Listen, yes a few mistakes here or there but rookie and 2nd yr player with little experience last season. It is to be expected. They are getting better.

I think unlike seasons past maybe this season Pop will need to dig deeper into his rotation for 2 reason: (1) he has guys there who can play in situational matches, (2) the old big 3 are old and are not going to carry the team. It should be LMA and Kawhi but the supporting cast will need to pitch in quite a lot and in the good teams, championship teams, you get contributions from somewhere other than 2 guys. Even Thunder with the one/two punch they have need others to contribute and their scorers are more dominant than our scorers.

Spurtacular
01-31-2016, 02:59 PM
His best CIA move is keeping Jimmer in the D-League until March, then brings that nigga in and we go 16-0 and make Curry cry home to his momma.

Way to dream big...

Spurtacular
01-31-2016, 03:00 PM
IHis hand was forced by not having Timmy.

Was it though? .... Was it?

ceperez
01-31-2016, 03:08 PM
I do think there is some CIA POP, but not that he wanted to throw the games, his hand was forced by not having Timmy. Defensively guys had to do things they are not good at (LMA rim protecting), and got out of the comfort zone. Simmons and Anderson have emerged from this debacle with some good moments and good games. Listen, yes a few mistakes here or there but rookie and 2nd yr player with little experience last season. It is to be expected. They are getting better.

I think unlike seasons past maybe this season Pop will need to dig deeper into his rotation for 2 reason: (1) he has guys there who can play in situational matches, (2) the old big 3 are old and are not going to carry the team. It should be LMA and Kawhi but the supporting cast will need to pitch in quite a lot and in the good teams, championship teams, you get contributions from somewhere other than 2 guys. Even Thunder with the one/two punch they have need others to contribute and their scorers are more dominant than our scorers.

Pop is likely playing a game that is different from what he'll play come playoff time. You need a lot of confidence to execute that, but Spurs have been playing the motion offense for a very long time. That was not the same in previous seasons where you actually do see the offense played during the regular season.

Unfortunately, the big 3 are aging. Only Kawhi has improved his game. Green, Diaw, Mills aren't playing any better. Aldridge has been a disappointment and both ends of the court. Only saving grace is you have Simmons, Anderson and Boban contributing. West is performing above expectations, but he's also old.

skulls138
01-31-2016, 03:18 PM
I dont think last nights game was thrown, I just think A-it was DEFINITELY a home town win, especially with LMA getting those fouls called against him and B-no one saw Loves game coming, probably having to do with Tyronn Lue bringing something new we werent prepared for. We will adjust.

Warriors game was a different story. I dont think Pops threw the game, I just think he let the players sink or swim

Spurtacular
01-31-2016, 03:23 PM
I dont think last nights game was thrown, I just think A-it was DEFINITELY a home town win, especially with LMA getting those fouls called against him and B-no one saw Loves game coming, probably having to do with Tyronn Lue bringing something new we werent prepared for. We will adjust.

Warriors game was a different story. I dont think Pops threw the game, I just think he let the players sink or swim

I hardly watched any of the game. But the result comes as no surprise. If Pop foresaw that, why would he want to over exert for a loss?

ceperez
01-31-2016, 03:28 PM
I hardly watched any of the game. But the result comes as no surprise. If Pop foresaw that, why would he want to over exert for a loss?

You don't give up 37 points in a single quarter. Spurs defense was non existent and I don't think that Pop is proud off.

Granted however that Pop doesn't prep the team defensively against an opponent, it still was poor defense. The problem though is I don't think they have the talent on the team to protect the rim.

TheGreatYacht
01-31-2016, 03:28 PM
The whole CIA schtick is bullshit. The whole world knows that Parker won't guard Curry and he'll be put on Barnes. Tim's knee issues are legit, so there was nothing he could do about yesterday's blow out.

What needed to happen was:
1.) Feed Lamarcus and Kawhi more, I've seen enough of our role players shit the bed on the road (Green, Mills, Diaw, etc)
2.) If a player is in foul trouble, bench him before he picks up 3 fouls in the first quarter.
3.) Less Fat Head, more Simmons
4.) If the referees are awful, get a tech and make a scene.
5.) Teach the team how to take charges on fast breaks. GS and now recently CLE made it an emphasis to up the tempo and get to the rim on fast breaks.
6.) No more fucking Zone

MultiTroll
01-31-2016, 03:32 PM
Bigfoot
Loch Ness
El Chupacabra
CIA Pop

All creatures that really exist.

skulls138
01-31-2016, 03:45 PM
I hardly watched any of the game. But the result comes as no surprise. If Pop foresaw that, why would he want to over exert for a loss?I believe Pops thought it was a possibility but not that magnitude. Love is finally playing the way he is capable, Pop couldnt game plan for that, he will next time. And Pop couldnt foresee the refs screwing us because LMA was looking good before he had 3 fouls called on him in the 1st quarter. Unlike you I finally got to watch the Spurs, usually I listen.

vander
01-31-2016, 04:05 PM
Bigfoot
Loch Ness
El Chupacabra
CIA Pop

seriously, peoples' belief in CIA Pop is getting a bit absurd. his odd decisions are closer to senility than genius.

ElNono
01-31-2016, 04:13 PM
Bigfoot
Loch Ness
El Chupacabra
CIA Pop

Your best post in like a week... did you notice no BonBon against Cleveland? CIA Pop, IMO...

Fireball
01-31-2016, 04:16 PM
delusional .... Jimmer style

Aztecfan03
01-31-2016, 04:34 PM
The whole CIA schtick is bullshit. The whole world knows that Parker won't guard Curry and he'll be put on Barnes. Tim's knee issues are legit, so there was nothing he could do about yesterday's blow out.

What needed to happen was:
1.) Feed Lamarcus and Kawhi more, I've seen enough of our role players shit the bed on the road (Green, Mills, Diaw, etc)
2.) If a player is in foul trouble, bench him before he picks up 3 fouls in the first quarter.
3.) Less Fat Head, more Simmons
4.) If the referees are awful, get a tech and make a scene.
5.) Teach the team how to take charges on fast breaks. GS and now recently CLE made it an emphasis to up the tempo and get to the rim on fast breaks.
6.) No more fucking Zone
:wow

Breaking away from the schtick, finally? Or just a momentary lapse?

MultiTroll
01-31-2016, 04:34 PM
Your best post in like a week... did you notice no BonBon against Cleveland? CIA Pop, IMO...
I recorded the game, went to play cards and inadvertently saw the last qtr and thus far have not watched the replay. No BonBon? What what is happening to their relationship? :lol

TheGreatYacht
01-31-2016, 05:56 PM
:wow

Breaking away from the schtick, finally? Or just a momentary lapse?
Fucking typo cuz

:pctoss