PDA

View Full Version : Visiting San Antonio

MI21
02-01-2016, 08:02 AM
So I'm headed to SA from March 12-19 to watch the Spurs play the Clippers, Thunder, Blazers and Warriors. Should be good. From all accounts, the worst part is going to be staying in San Antonio for 9 days. (well, actually, probably 7 as I'm gonna visit Austin in the gap between 2 of the games) But I'm sure it is a better town that what I have heard from others!

Anyway, any recommendations on things to do around San Antonio? I'm 29 and physically able :lol so I'm interested in any ideas... Best area to stay? Areas to stay away from?

I've been once, but was with my wife and it was only a short time last time - I'll have basically a lot of spare time to fill. Best sports bars, best bars, breweries, restaurants etc would be helpful, oh, and if anyone is interested and has been on SpursTalk for a while, is anyone interested in getting together for a beer at a game or after a game or at a strip club, whatever really :lol

Cheers

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 09:07 AM
It's really convenient to pick up hookers on New Braunfels Ave after games.

lefty
02-01-2016, 09:29 AM
U're gonna get fat tbh

JudynTX
02-01-2016, 11:00 AM
Have a great time here. :tu Are you staying downtown?

Robz4000
02-01-2016, 12:49 PM
Stay away from the East side for the most part. If you want good places to drink, try Claudhoppers, Hoppy Monk, Haufbrau's, Blue Star District (all the places in and around it), and there's this one bar I found last Friday near Hoppy Monk that began with a W that was pretty poppin'.

For places to check out during the day, try Enchanted Rock, Los Maples State Park, Fredericksburg, and maybe Natural Bridge Cavers if that interests you. The first three can be done in one day.

clambake
02-01-2016, 01:01 PM
if you're flying in.......once you exit the plane, book the next flight to socal.

lefty
02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
if you're flying in.......once you exit the plane, book the next flight to socal.
:lol

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 01:35 PM
I guess you could drive to New Orleans in between games.

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Best area to stay away from would be San Antonio and surrounding areas tbh.

benefactor
02-01-2016, 02:30 PM
I'd get a hotel in Austin and drive down for the games tbh

clambake
02-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Best area to stay away from would be San Antonio and surrounding areas tbh.

lol

FuzzyLumpkins
02-01-2016, 05:28 PM
None of these people live in SA.

You want to try the mexican food so go to Rosario's and La Fonda. If you are looking for BBQ go for a drive out to Lulling for the City Market and the place next door. but go early because they sell out by noon most days.

If you are looking for the nightlife there are two places to check out. First is downtown by the river. It's touristy and expensive but the ambience you are going to get out there will be much better than bar hopping the rest of the town. Second is go to Austin which is about an hour drive. PArk around first street and wander around downtown west of the highway. There is all kinds of shit from 1st to 7th because Austin zones all the debauchery into one place primarily.

The museums in south texas are disappointing. You can try the blue star galleries as has been mentioned but I personally think that place is a dump.

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Rosario's sucks, Cascabel across the street is way better. City Market is great though. There are also three amazing BBQ places a few miles up the road in Lockhart: Smitty's, Black's, and Kreuz Market.

SpursforSix
02-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Make sure you pencil in a full day to tour the Alamo.

MI21
02-01-2016, 07:51 PM
Have a great time here. :tu Are you staying downtown?

I would like to stay relatively close to downtown or surrounding - accommodation is quite expensive considering I'm a male travelling alone and don't really care the type of accommodation I stay in so long as it has a bed, shower and TV. Cheaper areas I've seen seem to be Southtown etc... I don't know why accommodation is so expensive, even shitty fucking Super 8 places are wanting $100 a night during this time - does anyone have an AirBnB to rent to me? :lol

MI21
02-01-2016, 07:55 PM
It's really convenient to pick up hookers on New Braunfels Ave after games.

U're gonna get fat tbh

I guess you could drive to New Orleans in between games.

This is the general gist of what I get when asking about SA. I've done New Orleans which was indeed a cool place, I love SoCal and was there in late 2014/early 2015 and I will put on a little bit of weight but I can afford to and still not look like most of the AT&T Center crowd :tu

MI21
02-01-2016, 07:57 PM

You want to try the mexican food so go to Rosario's and La Fonda. If you are looking for BBQ go for a drive out to Lulling for the City Market and the place next door. but go early because they sell out by noon most days.

If you are looking for the nightlife there are two places to check out. First is downtown by the river. It's touristy and expensive but the ambience you are going to get out there will be much better than bar hopping the rest of the town. Second is go to Austin which is about an hour drive. PArk around first street and wander around downtown west of the highway. There is all kinds of shit from 1st to 7th because Austin zones all the debauchery into one place primarily.

The museums in south texas are disappointing. You can try the blue star galleries as has been mentioned but I personally think that place is a dump.

Cheers mate. Austin looks really fun, I'm hoping to spend 2 nights there... it falls during SXSW festival (brief research indicates that looks pretty fucking cool) so prices are steep, but what can ya do!

ChumpDumper
02-01-2016, 08:08 PM
SXSW? Can you even get a room now? Add three hours to any travel times involving Austin those days.

BD24
02-01-2016, 08:10 PM
Most of these fuckers probably haven't ever visited SA and like to hop on the narrative of "sa is a shitty city" although the high economical growth and all of the people moving here tend to disagree with the faggots.

Anyway I would recommend the Guenther House and Magnolia Pancake Haus for breakfast. Both are reasonably priced and very good. Riverwalk is pretty decent time, alot of good restaurants down there, some shit ones as well though that you may want to avoid. I would check yelp before eating anywhere.

As far as where to stay I would recommend either downtown or somewhere on the north side. North Central is probably best so you won't be to far from anything. Stay away from the Southside and East side, unfourtanetly the Spurs stadium is on the east side, but outside of that I wouldn't recommend going over there.

Think some others here mentioned Enchanted Rock if you are into doing some hiking. Generally a pretty good time. You can go Kayaking downtown on the river if thats something your into, can also rent bikes downtown to ride.

Lots of good wineries in and around San Antonio. Heres a good list of some bars and restaurants.
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-bars-in-san-antonio-best-restaurants-in-san-antonio

A couple Restaurants and bars not mentioned that are worth checking out are The Cove and Cowboys Dancehall. Not alot of choice as far as clubs go in San Antonio, but if you are into that The Kremlin and Lush are both pretty decent. Pearl Brewery area of downtown has some good bars and restaurants as well.

Hope this is helpful, feel free to inbox me when your here if you have any other questions.

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 08:28 PM
San Antonio is a nice place to live because everything is cheap here, great highway system with reasonable traffic, we don't have cold winters, people are nice, we aren't taxed to hell, and so on, but I don't get it for tourists. Especially since tourists do get taxed to hell in Bexar County: you fuckers get to pay for the AT&T Center with really high hotel and rental car taxes. :lol

baseline bum
02-01-2016, 08:35 PM
When you're in Austin you might want to try Franklin's. I have never been since I wouldn't wait two hours in line to fuck the Virgin Mary, much less buy brisket, but everyone I know who has been says it's the best they ever had. He's probably the most famous guy on a pit in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60i3Xu9qMrI

bus driver
02-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Make sure you pencil in a full day to tour the Alamo.

+1 make sure you visit the basement

hehateme
02-01-2016, 11:17 PM
Stay away from the East side for the most part. If you want good places to drink, try Claudhoppers, Hoppy Monk, Haufbrau's, Blue Star District (all the places in and around it), and there's this one bar I found last Friday near Hoppy Monk that began with a W that was pretty poppin'.

For places to check out during the day, try Enchanted Rock, Los Maples State Park, Fredericksburg, and maybe Natural Bridge Cavers if that interests you. The first three can be done in one day.

rob you hit up Hoppy Monk frequently? I've been meaning to go but the wife is a pussy when it comes to trying new things. Worth it?

MI21
02-01-2016, 11:25 PM
SXSW? Can you even get a room now? Add three hours to any travel times involving Austin those days.

AirBNB basically..

MI21
02-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Most of these fuckers probably haven't ever visited SA and like to hop on the narrative of "sa is a shitty city" although the high economical growth and all of the people moving here tend to disagree with the faggots.

Anyway I would recommend the Guenther House and Magnolia Pancake Haus for breakfast. Both are reasonably priced and very good. Riverwalk is pretty decent time, alot of good restaurants down there, some shit ones as well though that you may want to avoid. I would check yelp before eating anywhere.

As far as where to stay I would recommend either downtown or somewhere on the north side. North Central is probably best so you won't be to far from anything. Stay away from the Southside and East side, unfourtanetly the Spurs stadium is on the east side, but outside of that I wouldn't recommend going over there.

Think some others here mentioned Enchanted Rock if you are into doing some hiking. Generally a pretty good time. You can go Kayaking downtown on the river if thats something your into, can also rent bikes downtown to ride.

Lots of good wineries in and around San Antonio. Heres a good list of some bars and restaurants.
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/best-bars-in-san-antonio-best-restaurants-in-san-antonio

A couple Restaurants and bars not mentioned that are worth checking out are The Cove and Cowboys Dancehall. Not alot of choice as far as clubs go in San Antonio, but if you are into that The Kremlin and Lush are both pretty decent. Pearl Brewery area of downtown has some good bars and restaurants as well.

Hope this is helpful, feel free to inbox me when your here if you have any other questions.

Appreciate the advice mate :tu

Robz4000
02-01-2016, 11:35 PM
rob you hit up Hoppy Monk frequently? I've been meaning to go but the wife is a pussy when it comes to trying new things. Worth it?

Nah, not that frequently. I've been maybe a dozen times. Kinda pricey but they have a great selection, tho Monday night they have a good drink special iirc.

MI21
02-02-2016, 09:31 AM

Hey mate, check your PM's if you get a moment. Cheers.

gambit1990
02-02-2016, 01:47 PM
check out paramour. it's a rooftop bar.

z0sa
02-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Damn, ive been living here my whole life and most o yall know more shit about this city than I do :lol

DJR210
02-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Bar hopping along the Riverwalk is fun, tourist or not. Mad Dogs is a chill spot, perfect location.

BD24
02-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Bar hopping along the Riverwalk is fun, tourist or not. Mad Dogs is a chill spot, perfect location.
Waxy o Connor is another decent bar on the river walk. Howl at the moon is on the river walk at street level, I know it's a chain, but still a good time.

DJR210
02-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Waxy o Connor is another decent bar on the river walk. Howl at the moon is on the river walk at street level, I know it's a chain, but still a good time.

:tu

Will have to check that place out. Take your gf to Ritas on the Riverwalk.. Great appetizer nachos and huge 23.00 top shelf margaritas FTW.. One margarita will have you feeling great tbh. Try the Dos a Rita or the Azul, they're good af.

clambake
02-02-2016, 07:10 PM
go to the riverwalk...take a rope.....play lasso the cockroaches.

chicks dig that.

MI21
02-02-2016, 07:43 PM
My accommodation is booked, cheers to ElKingslayer2 for a bit of advice and local knowledge :tu

baseline bum
02-02-2016, 08:43 PM
My accommodation is booked, cheers to ElKingslayer2 for a bit of advice and local knowledge :tu

Don't forget about New Braunfels Ave

Xevious
02-02-2016, 09:58 PM
I've lived in SA my entire life, have done a fair amount of traveling, and have never seriously considered moving. That said, I'd have no idea what to do if I was a first time visitor. It isn't a very touristy town aside from the token riverwalk suggestion (which is something I almost never visit). Though if you have the time/desire/transportation, the hill country north of town has lot to do. There are quite a few state parks nearby and there's the wineries as well. If you do go to Enchanted Rock, nearby Fredericksburg has some unique shopping and dining options.

BD24
02-02-2016, 10:34 PM
:tu

Will have to check that place out. Take your gf to Ritas on the Riverwalk.. Great appetizer nachos and huge 23.00 top shelf margaritas FTW.. One margarita will have you feeling great tbh. Try the Dos a Rita or the Azul, they're good af.
Prickly pear margarita at Rita's is on point. First time I had one it hit me a hell of a lot harder than I thought it would. Don't know if you are local to SA, but if you are should check out Taco Garage. Has flights of margaritas. Kind of how other places have flights of beer.

MI21
02-02-2016, 11:16 PM

Are they Latina and not fat tbh?

baseline bum
02-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Are they Latina and not fat tbh?

Why are you asking yourself that? All latinas of legal age are fat tbh.

MI21
02-03-2016, 03:05 AM

Such a shame and who said anything about legal /Avante

DJR210
02-03-2016, 04:36 AM
Prickly pear margarita at Rita's is on point. First time I had one it hit me a hell of a lot harder than I thought it would. Don't know if you are local to SA, but if you are should check out Taco Garage. Has flights of margaritas. Kind of how other places have flights of beer.

Born and raised bruh

DJR210
02-03-2016, 05:21 AM

BD24
02-03-2016, 08:19 AM
:lol. In fairness there is some hot Latina chicks on the north side of town. Head down to the south side though and it gets pretty gross pretty quick. Like 2 bills plus in weight

baseline bum
02-03-2016, 08:31 AM
:lol. In fairness there is some hot Latina chicks on the north side of town. Head down to the south side though and it gets pretty gross pretty quick. Like 2 bills plus in weight

It's because the quinceanera is the rite of passage that tells a woman it's now time to go get pregnant. That's when the clock starts ticking, there's two years of good pussy left tbh, but once on the third pregnancy they balloon and the show's over. But that's why God invented cheap 12 packs of Tecate.

Frank Dux
02-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Ghost tracks
Rolando's super tacos
Cruise South Mili
Get a Whataburger

Best trip ever.

SpursforSix
02-03-2016, 06:06 PM
Ghost tracks
Rolando's super tacos
Cruise South Mili
Get a Whataburger

Best trip ever.

Bend over, I'll fuckin show you Rolandos Super Taco

DJR210
02-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Ghost tracks
Rolando's super tacos
Cruise South Mili
Get a Whataburger

Best trip ever.

Pretty legit itinerary tbh

MI21
02-04-2016, 05:45 AM
What's the weather like in SA during mid-March usually?

BD24
02-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Should be in the 70s or 80s. That would be Fahrenheit btw.

DJR210
02-04-2016, 10:49 AM

It's been unusually warm the last couple years. Climate change is real. One day you need a jacket, then the next three you're in shorts.

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 12:53 PM

It's pretty nice. It doesn't usually start getting hotter (85F and up) until April, and it never gets cold (highs of 55F or below) after February. March, October, and November are far and away the three nicest months of the year in San Antonio. December through mid February you get raped by cedar pollen (ask RuffnReadyOzStyle :lol), June through September are hot as fuck, May is usually hot too, and April is when nice spring temps start turning into humid hotter days.

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 12:57 PM
It's been unusually warm the last couple years. Climate change is real. One day you need a jacket, then the next three you're in shorts.

Damn it seems like we have had nothing but hot winters since 2010 or so. I think we have been under freezing for maybe 3 hours this entire winter.

DJR210
02-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Damn it seems like we have had nothing but hot winters since 2010 or so. I think we have been under freezing for maybe 3 hours this entire winter.

:lol ozone layer

MI21
02-04-2016, 06:51 PM
It's pretty nice. It doesn't usually start getting hotter (85F and up) until April, and it never gets cold (highs of 55F or below) after February. March, October, and November are far and away the three nicest months of the year in San Antonio. December through mid February you get raped by cedar pollen (ask RuffnReadyOzStyle :lol), June through September are hot as fuck, May is usually hot too, and April is when nice spring temps start turning into humid hotter days.

Perfect. Where I am we are heading into a heatwave with temperatures above 100F for the next 7 days :lol

BD24
02-04-2016, 07:18 PM
It's pretty nice. It doesn't usually start getting hotter (85F and up) until April, and it never gets cold (highs of 55F or below) after February. March, October, and November are far and away the three nicest months of the year in San Antonio. December through mid February you get raped by cedar pollen (ask RuffnReadyOzStyle (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1053) :lol), June through September are hot as fuck, May is usually hot too, and April is when nice spring temps start turning into humid hotter days.
I've only been here 3 years now, but honestly the summers haven't been too horrible yet. The only months that have gotten real real hot have been August and September, those can get kinda rough. I don't mind the heat though because I don't weigh 250 plus like a majority of the city :lol

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 07:43 PM
I've only been here 3 years now, but honestly the summers haven't been too horrible yet. The only months that have gotten real real hot have been August and September, those can get kinda rough. I don't mind the heat though because I don't weigh 250 plus like a majority of the city :lol

I wanna say 2010 we had like 26 or 27 100 degree days in June. Last year was nice because May and June were cool, but that's not the norm.

Xevious
02-04-2016, 10:38 PM
My kids were playing outside in shorts/no shirt the other day.

Were you around for the snowstorm in '84? That was fun. Still have pics of the snowman in my parent's yard.

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 10:44 PM

Were you around for the snowstorm in '84? That was fun. Still have pics of the snowman in my parent's yard.

That was great, I think it was Feb 85 though. You can still find the news reports from that day on youtube. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-hpfj03--s

DJR210
02-05-2016, 08:43 AM

I was 2. I have the pictures of our snowman as well.

byrontx
02-05-2016, 02:50 PM

The museums* in south texas are disappointing. You can try the blue star galleries as has been mentioned but I personally think that place is a dump.

*SAMA is pretty damn cool. Definitely should check it out.

Also, March 15 is Two Ton Tuesday at Gruene Hall. Get up there (25 minute drive) for a real taste of Texas.

byrontx
02-05-2016, 02:54 PM
A bit more about Gruene Hall - must see.

http://gruenehall.com

Splits
02-05-2016, 03:27 PM
That was great, I think it was Feb 85 though. You can still find the news reports from that day on youtube. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-hpfj03--s

I remember that. We had just moved from Ohio and took to the streets in our sleds and snow gear. All the neighbors were like, "where the fuck did you get all this"?

MI21
02-06-2016, 05:20 AM
A bit more about Gruene Hall - must see.

http://gruenehall.com

Looks like a cool venue but seems to be country music, which is unfortunately not my thing.

jeebus
02-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Try staying away from anything south of Austin. Might as well avoid Austin too since it's becoming a gigantic shit hole struggling to remain "weird".

RGMCSE
02-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Try staying away from anything south of Austin. Might as well avoid Austin too since it's becoming a gigantic shit hole struggling to remain "weird".

Me and a coworker were doing some work at a Data Center. On our way back to the Tone we stopped at a restaurant in south Austin. Everyone in the restaurant kept staring at us. I took a harder look at the people around us and realized we were pretty much n the ghetto. :lol My coworker was uncomfortable. I grew up on all the bad parts of town and even lived on the east side projects for a while so I wasn't that fazed. It's probably because all the Cali trash migrating.

Spur|n|Austin
02-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Me and a coworker were doing some work at a Data Center. On our way back to the Tone we stopped at a restaurant in south Austin. Everyone in the restaurant kept staring at us. I took a harder look at the people around us and realized we were pretty much n the ghetto. :lol My coworker was uncomfortable. I grew up on all the bad parts of town and even lived on the east side projects for a while so I wasn't that fazed. It's probably because all the Cali trash migrating.

Alpheus Data Center on east 6th?

RGMCSE
02-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Alpheus Data Center on east 6th?

Nah, I think it's called onramp or some such now. It's north Austin right off of 35.

Thread
02-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Any good tourist trap areas in San Antonio? I don't mind getting trapped as I tour.

Seriously.

baseline bum
02-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Any good tourist trap areas in San Antonio? I don't mind getting trapped as I tour.

Seriously.

Bend over. I got something for your trap.

johnsmith
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM

South Austin is such a strange part of town.

I. Hustle
02-10-2016, 10:01 AM
South Austin is such a strange part of town.

I liked it when I lived there about 13 years ago or so. I preferred it over any other part of town.

byrontx
02-20-2016, 10:45 AM
Looks like a cool venue but seems to be country music, which is unfortunately not my thing.

Not quite country music, a bit different than the canned commercial crap served up as country music. Blues, swing, difficult to describe but if you see Two Tons of Steel I am pretty sure you'll say they rock. Texas music is its own scene:

http://youtu.be/fA-pvIJ3JiQ

http://www.twotons.com/?pg=bio

MI21
02-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Not quite country music, a bit different than the canned commercial crap served up as country music. Blues, swing, difficult to describe but if you see Two Tons of Steel I am pretty sure you'll say they rock. Texas music is its own scene:

http://youtu.be/fA-pvIJ3JiQ

http://www.twotons.com/?pg=bio

Interesting, cheers mate.

Anyone know of somewhere I can play some Basketball while I'm in town?

DJR210
02-22-2016, 08:22 AM
OP, let me know when you get here.. I can get you what ever drugs you need.

baseline bum
02-22-2016, 10:49 AM
OP, let me know when you get here.. I can get you what ever drugs you need.

Like roofies?

DJR210
02-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Like roofies?

You name it bruh.. just got a shipment of roofies

SpursforSix
02-22-2016, 07:55 PM
You name it bruh.. just got a shipment of roofies

Why does baseline want to get date raped?

clambake
02-22-2016, 07:59 PM
Why does baseline want to get date raped?

probably listening to barry white on his new Riva turbo x.

SpursforSix
02-22-2016, 08:16 PM

I guess if I didn't have Beats, my self esteem would make me ok to be date raped as well.

baseline bum
02-23-2016, 10:56 AM

The roofies are a little better for setting the mood than just pulling out the Mossberg, you know.

SpursforSix
02-23-2016, 11:04 AM
The roofies are a little better for setting the mood than just pulling out the Mossberg, you know.

wait...is "the Mossberg" a euphemism?

MI21
02-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Is there anywhere to kick on after Spurs games? I know the arena is in the middle of fucking nowhere, but is there an area that is known to liven up a bit after games?

baseline bum
03-14-2016, 12:28 AM

Well, so much for that shit. Gonna be 90F tomorrow and Tuesday. :lol

This fucking hot year, every month since October has been abnormally hot.

MI21
03-14-2016, 05:52 AM
I'm good with that weather, tbh.

Since I've been in town I've had no less that 20 bitches soaking themselves over my accent. If I wasn't married, good God, tbh

MI21
03-14-2016, 05:56 AM

I ate there today and had a few drinks. I find it amazing that you get complimentary chips and salsa to feed a large family, even if you are sitting by yourself.

lebomb
03-14-2016, 07:05 AM
Shiiiiit. San Antonio is like Dubai compared to Ft. Worth. This place is a shithole. Ive been commuting up here for a few months, and Ive seen two hot chicks the entire time. Everyone says to head down to TCU, but dayum is that where all the eye candy is only??? All I have seen is chicks that look like fat farmers daughters. Bunch of trailer, tornado alley lookin hoes.

Yes, Im married and have NO intention of hookin up with anyone, but dayum some eye candy would make the time pass quicker.

clambake
03-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Shiiiiit. San Antonio is like Dubai compared to Ft. Worth. This place is a shithole. Ive been commuting up here for a few months, and Ive seen two hot chicks the entire time. Everyone says to head down to TCU, but dayum is that where all the eye candy is only??? All I have seen is chicks that look like fat farmers daughters. Bunch of trailer, tornado alley lookin hoes.

Yes, Im married and have NO intention of hookin up with anyone, but dayum some eye candy would make the time pass quicker.

why do you think they call it cowtown?

baseline bum
03-14-2016, 10:30 AM
I'm good with that weather, tbh.

Since I've been in town I've had no less that 20 bitches soaking themselves over my accent. If I wasn't married, good God, tbh

I know, you'd have all the fat bitches you could ever want.

BD24
03-14-2016, 11:28 PM
I ate there today and had a few drinks. I find it amazing that you get complimentary chips and salsa to feed a large family, even if you are sitting by yourself.
Taco garage or Rita's? Either way good stuff

gambit1990
03-15-2016, 02:24 AM
check out steinworth and paramour.

sucks you aren't looking for women on your trip though. girls eat up an australian/new zealander accent here.

sa really doesn't have a great sports bar.

MI21
03-15-2016, 03:44 AM
Taco garage or Rita's? Either way good stuff

Ritas. Have had recommendations for Rosarios...thoughts?

MI21
03-15-2016, 03:47 AM
check out steinworth and paramour.

sucks you aren't looking for women on your trip though. girls eat up an australian/new zealander accent here.

sa really doesn't have a great sports bar.

They really really do. To be fair though, there is a lot of fat guys here so the you are probably surprised to see a guy with smaller boobs than them, tbh

MI21
03-15-2016, 03:49 AM
Is there any good bars in that quarry area?

bigzak25
03-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Dude, if you want the BIGZAK experience, drop by Hardbodies on Friday night...I go on stage at 8pm. I'll be in the chubby minion costume. And tip good a $$ hole cuz I gots kids to feed!

BD24
03-15-2016, 08:19 AM
Rosario's is good. As far as bars in the quarry area go hofbraus is ok. You should definitely hit up paramour. Awesome rooftop bar Near downtown that I want to last weekend. Lots of good beers and just a cool atmosphere. Decent amount of attractive women as well.

MI21
03-15-2016, 09:18 AM
Rosario's is good. As far as bars in the quarry area go hofbraus is ok. You should definitely hit up paramour. Awesome rooftop bar Near downtown that I want to last weekend. Lots of good beers and just a cool atmosphere. Decent amount of attractive women as well.

That's not far from where I'm staying, I'm definitely going to visit there, is it lively on weekdays?

BD24
03-15-2016, 09:21 AM
That's not far from where I'm staying, I'm definitely going to visit there, is it lively on weekdays?
Hmm. That I do not know. Have only ever been there on the weekend. There is apartments right under it where a lot of younger people live, so wouldn't be surprised if there is a decent amount of people there even on weekdays. Cant say for sure though.

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 09:33 AM

Lol. Wtf. I'm not claiming Fort Worth is some bastion of culture but it's a nice city with decent things to do. Much better planning than Dallas. And I think it's ahead of SA in terms of place to go and hot chicks. You got to get your ass of Berry Street once in a while my brother.

gameFACE
03-15-2016, 09:35 AM

Go to Acenar instead of Rosario's. It's run by the same people. More variety. Paramour at night. Also hit up The Esquire on Commerce St. A mix of old school and hipsters.

baseline bum
03-15-2016, 11:08 AM

I'd go eat at Cascabel across the street. Then go to Rosarios if you want drinks I guess. No chips though, Cascabel is Mexican and not Tex Mex.

ColinB
03-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Heard good things about Paramour. What is the dress code?

MI21
03-15-2016, 02:12 PM
I would be happy to meet any of you faggots for a beer, btw

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Heard good things about Paramour. What is the dress code?

Pantaloons, tie, penny loafers, Richard Nixon mask.

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 02:19 PM

I'd be up for that. We should go to Joe T Garcias. The food is ok but they have good drinks and it's a chill atmosphere.

BD24
03-15-2016, 03:55 PM
I may actually swing by Parmour later tonight, have some friends coming in from out of town. Will message you if I do.
ColinB when I went I think I was just wearing jeans and a button up. Don't think there is really enforced dress code from what I could tell. Just dress like a human and you should be ok.

MI21
03-15-2016, 03:59 PM
I may actually swing by Parmour later tonight, have some friends coming in from out of town. Will message you if I do.
ColinB when I went I think I was just wearing jeans and a button up. Don't think there is really enforced dress code from what I could tell. Just dress like a human and you should be ok.

To easy mate. I'm going to the game but don't have anything planned afterwards. Jeans and button up is easy, my worry is always shoes because I don't carry dress shoes around. Flick me a PM if you end going there for sure mate.

MI21
03-15-2016, 03:59 PM
I'd be up for that. We should go to Joe T Garcias. The food is ok but they have good drinks and it's a chill atmosphere.

Where is that?

ColinB
03-15-2016, 05:14 PM

Thanks man. I know some places are weird about jeans so that was my concern.

DJR210
03-15-2016, 05:40 PM

Stop by Armadillos on McCullough downtown I believe for a burger and a beer bruh.. good shit

SpursforSix
03-15-2016, 10:27 PM
Where is that?

It's on Main near the stockyards.