PDA

View Full Version : Per Woj, Golden State favorites to sign KD if he leaves

SpursBig3s
02-02-2016, 10:48 PM
I know this is posted on the nba forum, but wanted to hear your opinion. Nba= fucked :lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--warriors-serious-threat-to-sign-kevin-durant-182559375.html

this is his is how they can do it

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-the-warriors-can-afford-to-sign-kevin-durant-043710075.html

exstatic
02-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Costs them Iggy, Barnes, Bogut, most of their bench, and a chunk of Curry's shots for another top scorer who plays very little D these days.

peacemaker885
02-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Three peat. Only Spurs can stop them. Is this team up for it? Sucks that we can't even repeat.

tbdog
02-03-2016, 01:13 AM
You guys need to read into Woj articles a little more. This is a second article/rumour in relation to Durant this week.

KaiRMD1
02-03-2016, 02:25 AM
I thought he was going to the lakers? Next week it'll be the Clippers

LkrFan
02-03-2016, 03:17 AM
Costs them Iggy, Barnes, Bogut, most of their bench, and a chunk of Curry's shots for another top scorer who plays very little D these days.

Sounds like you trying to talk yourself into thinking it won't work. -10 points for having a championship team and still being scurred :lmao

Uriel
02-03-2016, 03:46 AM
Jesus Christ.

Mal
02-03-2016, 04:35 AM
They could score 150 pts any given night, playing no defense and still blowout most teams by 25+

99 Problems
02-03-2016, 04:38 AM
I'm hearing the Golden Gate is in the deal. Where they putting that in Okey City.

BillMc
02-03-2016, 04:46 AM
If the Dubs win the title this gets less likely. In their prime mega stars seldom join the defending champs. They'd rather be known as the difference maker somewhere else.

SAGirl
02-03-2016, 05:00 AM
If the Dubs win the title this gets less likely. In their prime mega stars seldom join the defending champs. They'd rather be known as the difference maker somewhere else.
I thought the same but I could not put it that succintly. ;)
Why live in Curry's shadow...and Raymond's to boot???
If he goes there it will be as disastrous in a way as it went for Kevin Love until recently. His numbers will go down. He will be made to stand in a corner, not be featured. There will already be less shots for everyone so he won't even stand out much.
He will never seem legit, never, ever. Will seem like he rode Curry's coattails in the prime of his career (provided he never has recurring feet issues).

Robz4000
02-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Sounds like you trying to talk yourself into thinking it won't work. -10 points for having a championship team and still being scurred :lmao

"This is gonna be fun."

-Laker fan, Summer 2012

100%duncan
02-03-2016, 07:17 AM

lol whatever. They'd go 6peat. Only dumbasses wont accept that fact. Durant to GS aint happening though.

exstatic
02-03-2016, 07:44 AM

You can't just add Durant's numbers to their scoring. There is still only one ball, and a given number of possessions in any game.

If I were to try to put this together, instead of salary dumping a plus defender/creator like Iggy, I'd try for a value trade of Klay. In the new order, his touches would drop to almost nothing, anyway, and you might pull a good pick for him.

benefactor
02-03-2016, 07:53 AM
You can't just add Durant's numbers to their scoring. There is still only one ball, and a given number of possessions in any game.

If I were to try to put this together, instead of salary dumping a plus defender/creator like Iggy, I'd try for a value trade of Klay. In the new order, his touches would drop to almost nothing, anyway, and you might pull a good pick for him.
Yep. This works out much better if they trade Klay's playoff choking ass away. He's got enough name value to pull a few nice pieces in return and probably a first round pick to go with it.

Russo21
02-03-2016, 07:56 AM
The key quote here is 'if he leaves' which he won't so it makes everything redundant. OKC are too good for him to leave, championship material but they have been on the brink for quite a few years now with only 1 finals appearance to show for it. I'm sure they will go all out to try get the missing piece to that team, whatever that piece may be as i Haven't watched a lot of Thunder games this year.

Ibaka would be great trade bait, but for whatever reason he's on the down turn, he may want to go elsewhere. There'd be lots of interest in him, depends on what they can get for him. It wouldn't be hard to find a trade partner for a player like him on 12 million

2014: 15.1ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.7bpg, 53%
2016: 12.9ppg, 6.8rpg, 2.1bpg, 49%

Kanter is coming around very nicely, Adams is ok, they could look to replace Ibaka to provide a new big 3 and keep Durant in town.

r0drig0lac
02-03-2016, 08:06 AM
They could score 150 pts any given night, playing no defense and still blowout most teams by 25+

UZER
02-03-2016, 08:14 AM
I thought the same but I could not put it that succintly. ;)
Why live in Curry's shadow...and Raymond's to boot???
If he goes there it will be as disastrous in a way as it went for Kevin Love until recently. His numbers will go down. He will be made to stand in a corner, not be featured. There will already be less shots for everyone so he won't even stand out much.
He will never seem legit, never, ever. Will seem like he rode Curry's coattails in the prime of his career (provided he never has recurring feet issues).

But we're talking about Durant here.

Chillen
02-03-2016, 09:00 AM
If they keep Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy and land Durant, this very well could be the next NBA dynasty folks.

Robz4000
02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
If they keep Curry, Thompson, Green, Iggy and land Durant, this very well could be the next NBA dynasty folks.

It already is regardless of if they land Durant.

bic50
02-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Curry and durant as teammates is a scary thought.

bic50
02-03-2016, 09:24 AM
It already is regardless of if they land Durant.

100%duncan
02-03-2016, 09:25 AM

"Bbbbut chemistry :cry"

YGWHI
02-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Some media also said that LMA will sign with Lakers to start a new dynasty. Well, we have him now, so the Spurs could have KD too.

LkrFan
02-03-2016, 02:23 PM
"This is gonna be fun."

-Laker fan, Summer 2012

:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
Actually think they could keep 2 out of 3 of Iggy/Barnes/Ezeli if they dump Bogut (who doesn't see very many minutes anyways and is oft-injured). The key will be to find some bubble team desperate for a big man. Probably best off keeping Ezeli in the middle and relinquishing either Iggy or Barnes because one of them will lose a lot of minutes to Durant. The key is, do they want to give up the younger guy who is a better shooter and scorer or do they want to give up the veteran who has less years left but is a leader, an elite defender, and a Finals MVP?

Seventyniner
02-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Actually think they could keep 2 out of 3 of Iggy/Barnes/Ezeli if they dump Bogut (who doesn't see very many minutes anyways and is oft-injured). The key will be to find some bubble team desperate for a big man. Probably best off keeping Ezeli in the middle and relinquishing either Iggy or Barnes because one of them will lose a lot of minutes to Durant. The key is, do they want to give up the younger guy who is a better shooter and scorer or do they want to give up the veteran who has less years left but is a leader, an elite defender, and a Finals MVP?

So if the Spurs can trade for Iggy and sign Paul Pierce's corpse, they could have 5 Finals MVPs on the floor at the same time.

I. Hustle
02-03-2016, 03:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9KacNAU.gif

I. Hustle
02-03-2016, 03:21 PM
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2014/037/7/4/kevin_durant___a_rocket__by_hesslerstudios-d75dstq.jpg
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/286/370/KDGSW_crop_north.jpg?w=620&h=400&q=75
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e15/10554132_776790289075543_406389114_n.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReZMc5LNgIu2Ipj-y18HwWmO-ZVr0ixLN_TcxhOviVwy-YRQN9
https://blog-blogmediainc.netdna-ssl.com/upload/SportsBlogcom/1776476/0735541001435147563_filepicker.jpg

SouthernFried
02-03-2016, 05:57 PM
It would be stupid...so, I don't see Kerr doing something stupid.

tmtcsc
02-03-2016, 06:41 PM
This is useless, baseless speculation for an NBA season that has just barely passed the midway point. Next.

tmtcsc
02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Plus, KD is a loser and a wuss. Not as much as Harden, but still.

tmtcsc
02-03-2016, 06:44 PM

http://rs800.pbsrc.com/albums/yy284/Iggy_V8/random/Vomit.gif~c200

Clipper Nation
02-03-2016, 07:20 PM
"LOL NBA - Lakers are back in the hunt"

- Illegal immigrants, Summer 2012

UNT Eagles 2016
02-03-2016, 07:56 PM
So if the Spurs can trade for Iggy and sign Paul Pierce's corpse, they could have 5 Finals MVPs on the floor at the same time.

3 small forwards on the court at the same time? :lmao

UNT Eagles 2016
02-03-2016, 07:58 PM

Should be "3.5" -- named after how many FTA's he would average if he played for the Spurs.

coachmac87
02-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Durant has better chance to be a Spur then a Warrior TBH...

cjw
02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
Durant has better chance to be a Spur then a Warrior TBH...

If he moves, very unlikely the Spurs sign him this offseason based on the numbers alone - and less likely based on all other factors. Warriors are much more likely (as outlined in another post). Spurs will be right at the cap assuming everyone opts in / Diaw isn't cut / QO's given to Boban and McCallum / rookie slot.

Could bring down the Diaw cap hit to $3 million if he were cut (which would need to happen prior to FA, so fat chance - no pun intended) ... down from $7 million. Duncan and Manu opting out would mean $8.6 million of savings, but still not enough. Green's $10 million salary can be traded too.

Most likely outcome this offseason if everyone decides to give it another run is for the Spurs to have the MLE. But wouldn't that be needed to sign Boban?

If Durant opts IN, 2017-2018 looks a lot more doable with the rising cap.

Benoit
02-03-2016, 09:05 PM
:rollin by far the most dominant team in the NBA signs the 2nd best player in the NBA and it's "no big deal"

If it happens there's no point of playing the games anymore

DenialTwist
02-03-2016, 09:07 PM
If Durant joins the Warriors, I hope the other NBA owners boycott. That is just unfair, three of the best three point shooters on one team?! And you just know Mark Cuban and Dan Gilbert are going to complain.

But you know what, when things are too good to be true, they are. If Durant joins the Warriors, Curry will get bad luck with injuries or something.

LkrFan
02-03-2016, 09:10 PM

daslicer
02-03-2016, 09:26 PM
If Durant joins the Warriors, I hope the other NBA owners boycott. That is just unfair, three of the best three point shooters on one team?! And you just know Mark Cuban and Dan Gilbert are going to complain.

But you know what, when things are too good to be true, they are. If Durant joins the Warriors, Curry will get bad luck with injuries or something.

Even if it happens I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt the Warriors are going to challenge the Russell Celtics championship streak which I think was 8 in a row. If the Warriors win this year they 3 peat but I don't see them going beyond the 3 peat max.

SPURt
02-03-2016, 09:32 PM
It's still weird to see LMA in a Spurs jersey sometimes. Shaping up to be another big game from him and against Davis no less.

HI-FI
02-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Once Wojtek confirms, then I'll start worrying.

Spurs9
02-03-2016, 10:33 PM

Ill take it tbh

Seventyniner
02-03-2016, 10:38 PM
3 small forwards on the court at the same time? :lmao

Iggy was a 2 in Denver (85%) and spends ~50% of his time as a 2 in Golden State this year and last. One of the other two plays smallball PF.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-04-2016, 06:48 AM

Why would owners boycott? The Warriors could pull this off by means of great financial management, not something remotely shady. Owners would have no more reason to boycott than about the Spurs holding off paying Kawhi after a Finals MVP in order to take advantage of his lower cap hold and bring a max FA.

Of course it's unlikely to happen, Durant will probably sign a 1+1 deal with OKC, but it would make the Warriors really scary. Don't think it'd affect the Spurs too much though, as the window likely shuts after this season.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Durant is not going to the Warriors. They don't have the cap space. They have at 74.4 mil salaries BEFORE guaranteeing Livingston salary and extending QO to Barnes and Ezeli. If they do that, Warriors will be 86 mil in salaries which is what I think the salary cap will be next year.

They would have to give up Bogut, Ezeli, Barnes and Livingston to get Durant. BY ALL MEANS do just that. Warriors will have no C of PF on the roster outside of Green. That means all they will only have the MLE to sign a C and sign a bench full of scrubs.

Durant is a great player but he is NOT a good defender. Teams will GS alive with him and a generic C starting on D. Both Bogus and Barnes are both very good defenders along with Ezeli and Livingston. Gut their bench and defensive Big and wing and GS is the Suns of the '00. Great offensive team and an average Defensive team.

Benoit
02-04-2016, 11:09 PM
Durant is not going to the Warriors. They don't have the cap space. They have at 74.4 mil salaries BEFORE guaranteeing Livingston salary and extending QO to Barnes and Ezeli. If they do that, Warriors will be 86 mil in salaries which is what I think the salary cap will be next year.

They would have to give up Bogut, Ezeli, Barnes and Livingston to get Durant. BY ALL MEANS do just that. Warriors will have no C of PF on the roster outside of Green. That means all they will only have the MLE to sign a C and sign a bench full of scrubs.

Durant is a great player but he is NOT a good defender. Teams will GS alive with him and a generic C starting on D. Both Bogus and Barnes are both very good defenders along with Ezeli and Livingston. Gut their bench and defensive Big and wing and GS is the Suns of the '00. Great offensive team and an average Defensive team.

:rollin:rollin

FireMicoHalili
02-04-2016, 11:55 PM
no solid sources. All speculation. Even the Westbrook to LA rumors are pure speculation. Woj has mouths to feed too I guess.

Dancelot
02-05-2016, 12:04 AM
It's still weird to see LMA in a Spurs jersey sometimes. Shaping up to be another big game from him and against Davis no less.
Totally, it's still so weird. When I used to watch him play in Portland, I would say, "it would be awesome if the Spurs could get this dude".

GSH
02-05-2016, 12:10 AM
no solid sources. All speculation. Even the Westbrook to LA rumors are pure speculation. Woj has mouths to feed too I guess.

I'm not going to worry about it until I see what Apolisoc's sources say.

Then I'll believe the opposite.

cjw
02-05-2016, 12:46 AM

Durant is a very good defender. You see what he did to Harden the other night? Also an elite defensive rebounder for a SF.

And go read my other post - very doable for them to get him. It does take them moving Livingston, Jason Thompson (both partially guaranteed) and Bogut (or Iggy), plus deciding between Ezeli and Barnes ... letting Barnes walk would give them near the full max for Durant, while keeping Barnes limits them by a few million.

That said, the 1 + 1 year deal for Durant with OKC is most likely with him and Westbrook being FAs at the same time.