PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Predictions

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
02-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Alright boys, Super Bowl 50 is finally here. I bet most of your preseason picks for this game was Denver and Carolina. Nonetheless, I'm going to get into a bit of analysis.

Think was my original Super Bowl pick at the beginning of the playoffs.

Looking into this game, I feel like as a Panthers fan I should feel way more comfortable. After all, we are the better all-around team. However, you all know just as well as I that the better team doesn't always win in the Super Bowl. Denver has an all-time great D, and their best (and really only) chance is to force Newton into choking this game away - and it's possible. Despite Newton being on the big stage multiple times in his career and succeeding, this is by far the biggest stage he's ever been on. He's shown a couple worrisome tendencies against good defenses lately, but it's been covered by his ability to make plays. Denver has the defense to rush Carolina and give them issues, as Carolina's offensive line is a bit overrated.

But that's not the major key, which their are two: Can Denver withstand this fast, explosive, turnover-happy defense and can Denver stop the run?

I have a feeling Peyton is going to have one more big game, and I think it's going to be a one possession game. But don't be surprised to see Peyton get overwhelmed and/or injured. Older QB's have really struggled with the speed of this defense, both on the blitz and on the edges. Manning absolutely cannot turn the ball over, or this game is over. Just an incredibly difficult match for Peyton at this stage in his career.

I can see Denver winning this and Peyton riding off in the sunset, but this is Carolina's year, and I think Newton will take that step in this game and do just enough to get them a W.

Denver is going to surprise people early, but Carolina rallies to win their first ever Super Bowl, 26-21

Key matches:
Peyton Manning vs. Luke Kuechly
Panthers O-Line vs. Denver's D Line
Demaryius Thomas vs. Josh Norman

Avante
02-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Peyton Manning will simply be overwelmed. Just think Carson Palmer in the Championship game. He's on the road now vs a team that led the NFL in take aways.

The Panthers will run the ball, they won't be in those obvious passing situations like NE was because they had no running game, so there goes that pass rush.

The Panthers have gone 22-2 for a reason, and will take advantage of the situation. I don't look for it to be close, I don't see the outcome ever being in doubt.

Cam Newton won it all at the JC at Blinn, won it all at the NCAA level while at Auburn and will win it all at the NFL a level.

Then there's this little gem....

Denver vs black QB's in the SB, have scored 18 and given up 85.

SuperCam
02-04-2016, 12:16 PM
24-0 tbh

Avante
02-04-2016, 12:31 PM
24-0 tbh

I have no problems seeing a 14-17 point Carolina win, but 24...hmmm?

Mal
02-04-2016, 01:02 PM
I do like bet on Largest lead by any team Under 14,5 points. Don`t see any blowout. It`s all about Broncos, but hell. Denver simply can`t do it, and their defense is too good to give such big lead. If Carolina is up 17 points it`s game over. Won`t happen.

Thebesteva
02-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Alright boys, Super Bowl 50 is finally here. I bet most of your preseason picks for this game was Denver and Carolina. Nonetheless, I'm going to get into a bit of analysis.

Think was my original Super Bowl pick at the beginning of the playoffs.

Looking into this game, I feel like as a Panthers fan I should feel way more comfortable. After all, we are the better all-around team. However, you all know just as well as I that the better team doesn't always win in the Super Bowl. Denver has an all-time great D, and their best (and really only) chance is to force Newton into choking this game away - and it's possible. Despite Newton being on the big stage multiple times in his career and succeeding, this is by far the biggest stage he's ever been on. He's shown a couple worrisome tendencies against good defenses lately, but it's been covered by his ability to make plays. Denver has the defense to rush Carolina and give them issues, as Carolina's offensive line is a bit overrated.

But that's not the major key, which their are two: Can Denver withstand this fast, explosive, turnover-happy defense and can Denver stop the run?

I have a feeling Peyton is going to have one more big game, and I think it's going to be a one possession game. But don't be surprised to see Peyton get overwhelmed and/or injured. Older QB's have really struggled with the speed of this defense, both on the blitz and on the edges. Manning absolutely cannot turn the ball over, or this game is over. Just an incredibly difficult match for Peyton at this stage in his career.

I can see Denver winning this and Peyton riding off in the sunset, but this is Carolina's year, and I think Newton will take that step in this game and do just enough to get them a W.

Denver is going to surprise people early, but Carolina rallies to win their first ever Super Bowl, 26-21

Key matches:
Peyton Manning vs. Luke Kuechly
Panthers O-Line vs. Denver's D Line
Demaryius Thomas vs. Josh Norman

I think its a close game too for some reason...Carolina wins it 27-24 but I hope I'm wrong

Avante
02-05-2016, 04:40 AM
I expect to hear.....

He has world class speed....Ted Ginn (nope!)

He has a canon/rocket/bazooka for an arn....Cam Newton

Will this be his last game....Peyton Manning

He's been a non factor.....Vernon Davis

Does he have fun or what....Cam Newton

OMAHA...Peyton Manning

The best set of backers in the game....Davis & Kuechly

He just has a knack for getting open....Greg Olsen

6-6 260...Cam Newton

benefactor
02-05-2016, 07:24 AM
:lol predicting a close win with your main and a blowout with your alt