PDA

View Full Version : It was a good season, tbh...

ElNono
02-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Manu unfortunately is going to be out for too long, IMO, and it's doubtful he'll be 100% when he comes back... that pretty much put us out of contention this season...

It's not all bad though, Simmons and Kyle will now forcefully have to earn their stripes, and maybe in 2-3 seasons we'll be contending for a lobt again, tbh...

Just an amazing run from Tim and Manu... always grateful to them... this will likely be remembered as the greatest time in San Antonio basketball, before the franchise moves to Seattle/San Diego...

Spurs 4 The Win
02-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Manu unfortunately is going to be out for too long, IMO, and it's doubtful he'll be 100% when he comes back... that pretty much put us out of contention this season...

It's not all bad though, Simmons and Kyle will now forcefully have to earn their stripes, and maybe in 2-3 seasons we'll be contending for a lobt again, tbh...

Just an amazing run from Tim and Manu... always grateful to them... this will likely be remembered as the greatest time in San Antonio basketball, before the franchise moves to Seattle/San Diego...

Manu is hardly the player that makes us go. If he is good enough to give us a solid 10 minutes in the playoffs every game or so we wont skip a beat. Even without him that would hardly end our chances at a title.

Edit: I missed your obvious trolling because I didnt read the last bit about us moving to Seattle :lol

From Downtown
02-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Is it too late to tank for Ben Simmons?

Spurs9
02-04-2016, 02:13 PM
I didn't watch most of the game, what did Manu go down with?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Just going on past history, it usually take Manu a month to get back to 100% or close to it. The fact he is coming back mid-March he will have a full month to get himself ready for the playoffs. I am highly optimistic that Manu will be ready for the playoffs and actually will be better than he would have been if he didn't get injured and went in wornout by the long season.

Just my take.

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the fold, Nono. Definitely one of the biggest acquisitions to Currstianity.

Spurs9
02-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Nevermind didn't realize it was the groin injury, I saw that but didn't think it was that bad :lol

ElNono
02-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Welcome to the fold, Nono. Definitely one of the biggest acquisitions to Currstianity.

thank you.. where's the champagne at?

raybies
02-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Gudby bihg ttree :cry

raybies
02-04-2016, 02:20 PM

Still in the cavs locker room tbh

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 02:24 PM

It will flow aplenty.

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Still in the cavs locker room tbh

Very witty. I enjoyed that joke very much.

$pursDynasty
02-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Just a knee to the crotch, I just heard 4 to 6 weeks how is that??? I am thinking that this is just an overestimation factoring in Pop and Manu's age.

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Well, the guy who really needs to step up is Mills. Mills has really struggled and the bench needs his energy and shot making. Yes, Manu was more about play making and Mills can't really replace that, but Mill has been showing signs of breaking out of his shooting slump.

Mills and KA need to step up.

RD2191
02-04-2016, 02:33 PM
OP is not a faggot.

The Reckoning
02-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Just like Duncan...pop is using this as an excuse to rest manu and give the new guys more PT.

Brazil
02-04-2016, 02:39 PM
OP hedging like crazy tbh...

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Well since this is a troll thread.
Lets get the black humor rolling

Jonathon Simmons for rookie of the year!!!!! :toast

raybies
02-04-2016, 02:53 PM
Well since this is a troll thread.
Lets get the black humor rolling

Jonathon Simmons for rookie of the year!!!!! :toast

Or Kyle, hug me like you hugged Becky

SASdynasty!
02-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the memories Manu. You helped us win 4 titles and only single-handedly cost us 3 more.

GSH
02-04-2016, 02:59 PM
The rumor mill is already buzzing that Manu will be packaged in a trade for Markieff Morris.

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Or Kyle, hug me like you hugged Becky
:lmao
lol

It is very much black humor in this thread :rollin

In another note though.. I think what we will miss the most from Manu is how disruptive he is on defense. I think our bench has enough passing and scoring, if you reassign roles and such, but Manu's steals and how disruptive he was... i don't think J.Simms can replace that.

And I am a bit afraid that they both are being pushed into roles sooner than they are ready so up and down moments for them.

Also I wonder if Pop will instead just put J.Simms with the starters and get Danny in the bench bc of his defense. We shall see. Maybe its not so much Anderson/Simmons as it Anderson/Green...

I suppose more experiments from Pop.

Also, Ray Mc has been playing really well too. You can play him with Patty and he does like to take the 3.

Mikeanaro
02-04-2016, 03:07 PM

TheGreatYacht
02-04-2016, 03:09 PM
EN bringing out the excuses for another Manure postseason tbh

Joseph Kony
02-04-2016, 03:10 PM
lulz

Gino will be back in a month. He got kneed right in his groin area pretty hard, he didn't tear his ACL. Gonna be bruised and sore/tender as fuck for awhile but he's a competitor, he'll be fine imo

Joseph Kony
02-04-2016, 03:11 PM
iirc, don't remember what season it was off the top of my head, but didn't he have a groin injury (maybe some other kind) midseason a couple seasons ago and ended up getting some much needed rest and was good in the postseason? or am I imagining that :lol

in2deep
win win for Manufan

We fail to win it all and it will be "because Manu was hurt"

we win it all and it will be "Manu's heart won it for us"

win win

TheGreatYacht
You're a Currstian? Explains your obsession with cock.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 03:13 PM
win win for Manufan

We fail to win it all and it will be "because Manu was hurt"

we win it all and it will be "Manu's heart won it for us"

win win

There's no "win" here if you're a Spursfan, tbh... if Manu isn't around to bail out certain players in the playoffs with above average play, we won't ring... and that sucks, especially with Tim also in his last legs.

in2deep
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM
why won't we ring?

we still have a chance. Are you saying we are not contenders anymore due to Manu injury??

ElNono
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
why won't we ring?

we still have a chance. Are you saying we are not contenders anymore due to Manu injury??

That's exactly what I'm saying... we're done.

EVAY
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
There is no win here. This team needs Manu - his playmaking, his bball i.q., his guts in taking shots when so many others are too afraid to take them, his other-worldly passing.

Anyone who imagines that the Spurs are better off without Manu is drinking something I wish I had in my wine cellar.

And no, Nono - it isn't because he "bails out' certain players. It is because he is the best and brightest sg in Spurs history. That is why we need him. It really IS possible to praise Manu without taking a dig at anybody else. Try it sometime.

in2deep
02-04-2016, 03:21 PM

role player out. that does not cease us from being contenders. Get real :rolleyes

hater
02-04-2016, 03:22 PM
:lmao manutard nation cliffhumping :lol

"we are not contenders anymore ". :lol

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 03:23 PM
You're a Currstian? Explains your obsession with cock.

I don't get the connection or why your thoughts went to that direction immediately. Since it was not mentioned at any time, could it be that the obsession is all yours?

Jealousy and envy are understandable given the circumstances but it is something that you should turn from.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 03:24 PM
role player out. that does not cease us from being contenders. Get real :rolleyes

Look, we don't have ball handlers worth shit, and Tony will always defecate himself in a series or two.

Can't believe people didn't learn shit from 2013 and 2014. Bad/Missing Manu = no shot at a ring. Good/Stellar Manu = ring.

TheGreatYacht
02-04-2016, 03:30 PM
I don't get the connection or why your thoughts went to that direction immediately. Since it was not mentioned at any time, could it be that the obsession is all yours?

Jealousy and envy are understandable given the circumstances but it is something that you should turn from.
Are you a Patriots/Barcelona/Royals/Blackhawks fan as well, faggot?

hater
02-04-2016, 03:30 PM
:lol manufan so mad he's bagging on Tony now :lol

TheGreatYacht
02-04-2016, 03:32 PM
:lol manufan so mad he's bagging on Tony now :lol

Budkin
02-04-2016, 03:34 PM

ElNono :tu

Rain Man
02-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Are you a Patriots/Barcelona/Royals/Blackhawks fan as well, faggot?

Nofootball/Liverpool/Rangers/no hockey

I will not respond in kind to your derogatory remarks. I would like to think that I am above that. I will save the foul language for when I am ravaging your mother.

daslicer
Its a groin injury not an acl tear. 4-6 weeks means month and half. That would mean Manu is back for early March or mid to late March.

in2deep
Look, we don't have ball handlers worth shit, and Tony will always defecate himself in a series or two.

Can't believe people didn't learn shit from 2013 and 2014. Bad/Missing Manu = no shot at a ring. Good/Stellar Manu = ring.

you must have missed the 2015 Round 1 playoffs Spurs vs. Clippers

Manu was never to be found. There was no reason whatsoever to believe he would show up in 2016 playoffs. (aka 1 year later)

give it up dude. your "we are done without Manu" game is tired and lame

hater
02-04-2016, 03:38 PM
:lol he mentioned 2013 :lol

The year Mamu singlehandely lost us the final :lol

No shame

Robz4000
02-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Manu will be back for the stretch run, enough time to get back in game shape. Spurs are gonna drop in the standings though, unfortunately. OKC in the second round without homecourt is frightening.

From Downtown
02-04-2016, 03:40 PM
We ring and Manu wins FMVP tbh

Joseph Kony
02-04-2016, 03:40 PM

Spurs would probably have won the 2013 Finals had Manu not played at all tbh

timtonymanu
02-04-2016, 03:42 PM

Manu was never to be found. There was no reason whatsoever to believe he would show up in 2016 playoffs. (aka 1 year later)

And we didn't win last year with Manu "nowhere to be found." So bad Manu = no ring.

02-04-2016, 03:44 PM
OKC and Spurs both have hard 2nd half schedules. Spurs just need to win one or two OKC games.

What is the official injury? Just a knee to the groin and some bruising? Does that really take 6 weeks to recover? Will probably take one month max and in the meantime at least Ginobili can still do no contact stuff. That will give March and April for Ginobili to reintegrate and the first round will be a warm up anyways.

Only thing I am concerned about is the extra minutes Leonard, Aldridge, and Parker might pick up. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and the NBA universe balances itself by hitting Curry with some injuries.

SsKSpurs21
02-04-2016, 03:44 PM

he got kneed in the nuts.

GSH
02-04-2016, 03:50 PM

Wouldn't have gotten there without him. TBH.

look_at_g_shred
02-04-2016, 03:54 PM
We are surely going to miss Manu's BALLsy play.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 03:55 PM

That's exactly my point. Manu wasn't stellar and he couldn't bail out our 6 PER PG = no ring.

EVAY
02-04-2016, 03:57 PM
That's exactly my point. Manu wasn't stellar and he couldn't bail out our 6 PER PG = no ring.

:rolleyes

look_at_g_shred
02-04-2016, 03:58 PM
In all seriousness though, I think this makes the team better in the long run. Not only will we get a rested Manu for the stretch run but Simmons/Anderson are going to get more acclimated into the group. Like the SL without Timmy, the bench needs to not be so reliant on Manu.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 04:00 PM

2nd round fodder, tbh...

RD2191
02-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Manu had surgery today per Spurs facebook.

Leetonidas
02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
cant believe he had surgery. Anderson shattered his testicle. that's pretty bad

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 04:06 PM
There is no real silver lining here. It's not cliff jumping to be seriously alarmed. Could the Spurs sustain their current pace? Sure, but it's not at all reasonable to assume so

Immediate concerns: Stress on TP/Tim and other players having to make up for minutes. Starting line up has been good, but bench has won a lot of games - will the losses pile up because the bench lacks punch? Rotations and coming together - Manu did a lot of things in many lineups - team still finding what works and doesn't and losing Manu sets that process back.

Long-term concerns: Can Manu fully recover and contribute? Will he be able to fit in and adjust when back? What record will the Spurs have and what is their path to the finals?

Spurs are still a damn good team, but from a on-court perspective (his impact this year and the bench being phenomenal) and emotional perspective (Tim already hurting and teammates loving Manu) there are a lot of concerns.

Hope the Spurs can get some contributions from Mills/Kyle/Simmons and that Kawhi/Danny/LMA can handle bigger minutes and produce without getting worn down towards the end of the season.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 04:08 PM
There is no real silver lining here. It's not cliff jumping to be seriously alarmed. Could the Spurs sustain their current pace? Sure, but it's not at all reasonable to assume so

Immediate concerns: Stress on TP/Tim and other players having to make up for minutes. Starting line up has been good, but bench has won a lot of games - will the losses pile up because the bench lacks punch? Rotations and coming together - Manu did a lot of things in many lineups - team still finding what works and doesn't and losing Manu sets that process back.

Long-term concerns: Can Manu fully recover and contribute? Will he be able to fit in and adjust when back? What record doe the Spurs have and what is their path to the finals?

Spurs are still a damn good team, but from a on-court perspective (his impact this year and the bench being phenomenal) and emotional perspective (Tim already hurting and teammates loving Manu) there are a lot of concerns.

Hope the Spurs can get some contributions from Mills/Kyle/Simmons and that Kawhi/Danny/LMA can handle bigger minutes and produce without getting worn down towards the end of the season.

There's hopefully some solidarity and rebellion to adversity, but those are normally short lived, unfortunately. The lack of unique talent eventually creeps in.

hater
02-04-2016, 04:09 PM
That's 8 turnovers we got back tbh.

daslicer
02-04-2016, 04:10 PM
I think the Spurs will still win 60 games. All they have to go is 20-14 the rest of the way which is still very doable.

BatManu20
02-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Poor Manu, tbh..

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 04:13 PM
This is some of the most unlucky bull sh*t I have ever seen. Manu has the worst luck. Broken arm right before playoffs, knee to groin on random play turns out to need surgery. I mean, it's just unreal.

steeledl
02-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Sad for Manu but excited to see Simmons and Anderson more...... 4-6 weeks won't break us but it will give an opportunity for those two to prove or disprove they are playoff ready.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 04:15 PM
This is some of the most unlucky bull sh*t I have ever seen. Manu has the worst luck. Broken arm right before playoffs, knee to groin on random play turns out to need surgery. I mean, it's just unreal.

yeah, I was just saying that in the other thread, another freak injury... and he's been pretty healthy the last 3 seasons...

daslicer
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM

I accepted a few years ago during the lockout season that Manu was injury prone. I forgot what injury he got back during that season but he was out for a month or two. It was because of that injury Danny Green was able to be a significant contributor. I felt from that point on you can't count on Manu for playing a full season without some serious injury.

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM
I don't know how to lookup "wins-produced" by the bench, but it would be interesting to see some loose projections. We know the schedule will get much more difficult this 2nd half, but my gut tells me SA would be around 5-8 losses worse this first half if not for the bench.

Luckily, Danny being Danny again helps that and LMA starting to find his groove does too. Need Kawhi/LMA to really be ready to lead here bc the bench may no longer have that punch so consistently. As Nono said, the playmaking is the MAJOR concern and we can't play TP major minutes.

There is no real other creator. Even with Mills shooting better (if he does and can sustain) and Danny shooting, it doesn't solve that ball handling/creator issue. Kyle is the only one (with Simmons a little bit so far) to take on that role, but that seems like a MASSIVE drop off from a Manu.

Maybe Spurs can swing a trade?

BatManu20
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Could be out as long as 6 weeks. Hopefully it's just a month. Tough break.

hater
02-04-2016, 04:18 PM
Miss u Beli :cry

As I said Manunshould have retired and we shoulda signed Ferrari :cry

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 04:24 PM
Sad for Manu TBH, painful injury and really in the real life scheme of things, glad for him that he will recover.

Silver lining for the team. Just as we discovered Danny who ended up a contributor, my hope is we discover more and develop both Anderson and Simmons, who honestly have already given signs. They just haven't had consistent playing time.

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 04:26 PM
If he's out 4 weeks - that's about 18 games. If he's out 6, that's about 24 games *gun*

BatManu20
02-04-2016, 04:30 PM

ElNono
02-04-2016, 04:37 PM

wow, and that was "sucking" this year, according to some peeps...

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't know how to lookup "wins-produced" by the bench, but it would be interesting to see some loose projections. We know the schedule will get much more difficult this 2nd half, but my gut tells me SA would be around 5-8 losses worse this first half if not for the bench.

Luckily, Danny being Danny again helps that and LMA starting to find his groove does too. Need Kawhi/LMA to really be ready to lead here bc the bench may no longer have that punch so consistently. As Nono said, the playmaking is the MAJOR concern and we can't play TP major minutes.

There is no real other creator. Even with Mills shooting better (if he does and can sustain) and Danny shooting, it doesn't solve that ball handling/creator issue. Kyle is the only one (with Simmons a little bit so far) to take on that role, but that seems like a MASSIVE drop off from a Manu.

Maybe Spurs can swing a trade?

We are maybe not going to be destroying other benches, but now our bench's role is to hold down the fort (like most teams in the league)... and I truly believe the tandem of Anderson/Simmons together added to the others we have in the bench is going to get it done for us. Spurs have been getting Anderson ready for this moment right here. He will have to be aggressive but he is uncanny finding cutters and making passes in transition, and guess what is Simmons' strength? Among others, transition scoring and cutting off the ball. Those two guys wrecked SL, and this is not the same league, but they also have better players around them.

And lets not forget Kyle already has mounted come backs against the CAVS and Magic without Manu. I would actually just leave Diaw with LMA and have Kyle at the 4 with West (Diaw and Kyle not a good combo IMO, they really are too similar and Diaw is not better than West playing "center") with Simmons.

cjw
02-04-2016, 04:41 PM
Well, that was the one type of injury Tiago couldn't get...

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 04:44 PM

The good news is that all those guys you mention right there are young and can handle minutes TBH. These are not guys that need to be restricted in minutes.

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 04:47 PM
We are maybe not going to be destroying other benches, but now our bench's role is to hold down the fort (like most teams in the league)... and I truly believe the tandem of Anderson/Simmons together added to the others we have in the bench is going to get it done for us. Spurs have been getting Anderson ready for this moment right here. He will have to be aggressive but he is uncanny finding cutters and making passes in transition, and guess what is Simmons' strength? Among others, transition scoring and cutting off the ball. Those two guys wrecked SL, and this is not the same league, but they also have better players around them.

And lets not forget Kyle already has mounted come backs against the CAVS and Magic without Manu. I would actually just leave Diaw with LMA and have Kyle at the 4 with West (Diaw and Kyle not a good combo IMO, they really are too similar and Diaw is not better than West playing "center") with Simmons.

While they (KA/Simmons) have shown flashes, it's pretty clear the impact Manu had on everyone consistently. It's a really large void to fill and I'm not sure KA/Simmons can do it consistently.

Many times, there was not much of a fort to hold down- bench had to not only get leads, but extend them. Unless we see more of the starter heavy box score we just saw vs NO, it could be tough. Not to mention, NO isn't even a great team and it was a nip and tuck game all the way through.

wildcardX
02-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Manu needs to rest until playoffs. Oh yeah and lots of ice.

http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Roddick-phillippoussis-groin-e1392358026115.jpg

BillMc
02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
One wonders if Manu will go on the Rodeo Road Trip to effectively be a coach or if they'll keep him home.

Ditty
02-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Losing Manu will hurt but we will be fine tbh :lol

Our Schedule doesn't start picking up until March 10 when we host Chicago, around the 5 week mark on Manu's injury and our rodeo road trip doesn't look very tough.

Think we will probably drop a game or two, but won't be because we are down Manu.

Think Tim will be back the game against the Clippers after the all star break and have our biggest road win of the season against a Blake-less Clippers team.

We aren't catching the Warriors unless Steph goes down. The Thunder have as tough schedule as us, so they will drop a few games themselves that it will even out.

Manu will be back during the stretch run, that he will be feeling good once the playoffs come around.

Dre_7
02-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Well, that was the one type of injury Tiago couldn't get...

Ouch!

But funny!

BillMc
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
I think we still keep the second seed.

Let the Joe Johnson watch begin, tbh.

TheGreatYacht
02-04-2016, 05:14 PM
That's 8 turnovers we got back tbh.
Manu fans saying we wouldn't of made the Finals in 13' without him :lol The second best player of the Big 3, and 3rd best Spur of all time carried that team. MVParker.

Parker led the G1 comeback against the Worriers, and Manu almost spoiled that too with a stupid shot with 16secs on the clock

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 05:50 PM
:cry no nuts, no glory :cry

szkorhetz
02-04-2016, 05:54 PM
I think we still keep the second seed.

Let the Joe Johnson watch begin, tbh.
I would love that too, but why would he choose us over Cleveland or GSW, TBH?

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 05:59 PM
Video of ElNono drowning his sorrows with Valentine from backpage last night :cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjnhGwxQkFk

02-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Had it coming after teasing Patty about being flagrantly violated

http://i0.wp.com/www.towleroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/CZDAQKXUkAAvsHN.jpg?zoom=2&resize=301%2C330
Diaw is next

in2deep
02-04-2016, 06:04 PM
I would love that too, but why would he choose us over Cleveland or GSW, TBH?

Heard Joe Johnson is a quiet dude a la duncan. Spurs might be his kinda team.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Manu got a testicle removed?

Spurs9
02-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Manu got a testicle removed?
Monobili

vander
02-04-2016, 06:39 PM
all is well OP, Manu will surely be healthy in time for the olympics

skulls138
02-04-2016, 06:50 PM
Losing Manu will hurt but we will be fine tbh :lol

Our Schedule doesn't start picking up until March 10 when we host Chicago, around the 5 week mark on Manu's injury and our rodeo road trip doesn't look very tough.

Think we will probably drop a game or two, but won't be because we are down Manu.

Think Tim will be back the game against the Clippers after the all star break and have our biggest road win of the season against a Blake-less Clippers team.

We aren't catching the Warriors unless Steph goes down. The Thunder have as tough schedule as us, so they will drop a few games themselves that it will even out.

Manu will be back during the stretch run, that he will be feeling good once the playoffs come around.The way GS is playing, things like TD's injury and Manu's injury could be exactly what we need to make it all come together. Without a doubt, we need a healthy and somewhat rested big 3 to be successful, these injuries help that. Also this gives more concentration to the newbies in learning the system and gaining confidence. Its already helped LMA's game. I think itll definitely help KA's game who I think could be a real difference maker.

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 06:53 PM
While they (KA/Simmons) have shown flashes, it's pretty clear the impact Manu had on everyone consistently. It's a really large void to fill and I'm not sure KA/Simmons can do it consistently.

Many times, there was not much of a fort to hold down- bench had to not only get leads, but extend them. Unless we see more of the starter heavy box score we just saw vs NO, it could be tough. Not to mention, NO isn't even a great team and it was a nip and tuck game all the way through.
He will be missed but there are veterans in the bench too. If it was just them two it would be trouble. Really the stars have to do more at this point. I agree Manu did a lot, its like Tim. We lost some games bc we were not adjusted to playing without him and really without Tim we are not an elite championship contender team. But can we hold down the fort for some games without him? Yes. LMA stepped up and other guys (the trickle down went to Kyle at the 4) also stepped up their games.

Without Manu, more than likely other guys will have to step it up, asking the vets first (the trickle down effect will go to Simmons at the bench SG spot) So all things considered, it is not the two of them who are replacing Timmy and Manu, but others in the team, and then they will have to fill up roles here and there, which they should be fine, so long as the stars and vets we do have also increase their burden. It's not like all of a sudden the two of them are supposed to give you everything Timmy/Manu gave you... its a team effort. In that kind of sense we should be sufficiently fine to weather the storm while Timmy and Manu get ready to join the team again.

I had to give myself a reality check to not be set up for disappointment, but if you see it as responsibilities going from top to bottom we should be fine because we have a lot of veterans.

Harry Callahan
02-04-2016, 07:05 PM
You guys will learn about why R. Butler made this team. He works very hard and will help out in the next month.

Manu has unique skills and he will be missed, but the team will have to compensate. At least guys like Simmons and Anderson have been getting good stretches of playing time.

Tim and Manu simply cannot play a full 82 game season and playoffs and have not for a number of years. At least Manu will have an opportunity to come back and get back in the grove before the playoffs start. From what I read about his procedure he just needs to take it easy for a few weeks and he should be OK - world class athletes can recover more quickly than regular people.

Ryan Anderson needs to get roughed up the next time we see him. That was an unnecessary, low class, b**** move he made. The game was over. Gutless worm.

beirmeistr
02-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Had it coming after teasing Patty about being flagrantly violated

http://i0.wp.com/www.towleroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/CZDAQKXUkAAvsHN.jpg?zoom=2&resize=301%2C330
Diaw is next

hilarious

maverick1948
02-04-2016, 08:16 PM
Butler will be the prime player who gets minutes from this. Manu "one ball" Ginobili may finally take better care of the one ball he has on the court.

hater
02-04-2016, 08:21 PM
A huevo Manu a huevo....

spurs10
02-04-2016, 08:23 PM
One wonders if Manu will go on the Rodeo Road Trip to effectively be a coach or if they'll keep him home.Bill I'm thinking he will stay home and recuperate. For all the people who don't realize how badly we will miss Manu I just gotta say 'you are living in a dream land.' He is probably our best playmaker, the head of the snake for our bench, one of the best SG's in the game, and one of the most passionate, competitive players ever to play the game. Now if the team can step up for 16 to 24 games we can go into the home stretch with a rested Manu and a healthy Tim.
:flag:

SPURt
02-04-2016, 08:37 PM
Monobili

Stand
02-04-2016, 09:00 PM
Thank Christ some of you surrender monkeys weren't defending the Alamo.

These injuries are a blessing in disguise in that they are going to force the role players to step it up to another level. And also afford the opportunity for our two max guys to officially take the steering wheel on this run for a championship. A little adversity should help temper our guys well.

Silver&Black
02-04-2016, 09:06 PM

:wow

Kikoluna
02-04-2016, 09:10 PM
I guess this means more Kyle anderson. Lol. Yay.

Brazil
02-04-2016, 10:05 PM
There's no "win" here if you're a Spursfan, tbh... if Manu isn't around to bail out certain players in the playoffs with above average play, we won't ring... and that sucks, especially with Tim also in his last legs.

ElNono
02-04-2016, 10:08 PM

Brah, don't rolleyes at me, and tell me how was Cordoba... hope you had some solid red meat over there...

baseline bum
02-04-2016, 10:09 PM

:cry Tha Mexicans tryin ta take away mah slaves :cry

weeks
02-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Man is the emotional leader of this team. we need him, his passion, his commitment, his BBIQ, all the intangibles that go above and beyond what he brings to the court...which is still a great deal. the dude has guts, period.

we need him. he's a closer.

SAGirl
02-05-2016, 12:01 AM

Maybe we were not meant to be this season anyways, if we were relying on Manu this much TBH. I never thought the team should have been so reliant on him (since b4 he got injured and much, much ealier than Simmons and Anderson started showing signs of quality play.)

It really should be on LMA and Kawhi more. If they can't take us far, then we won't get far. This is their team. I take it as Manu was here to help them. Now they don't have Manu and need to step it up and lead other guys.

I do think Manu comes back, but how well will he be playing then is the question. And also, how well will others be playing in his absence.

SAGirl
02-05-2016, 12:06 AM
Also I have to put things in perspective, at least with Manu we have a timeline.
Timmy has a bone bruise of nebulous indefinite duration.
If Timmy wasn't coming back or wasn't going to be playing well anyways, maybe it was a pipedream anyways b4 the Manu injury.

So b4 the cliffjumping, I am just hoping for the best for the both of them... and then development for everyone else in the team.

TheDoctor
02-05-2016, 12:09 AM
:yield

gilmor
02-05-2016, 12:33 AM

But.. but .. but we have NBA All Star Player Kawhi.. he is definitely better than Manu

spursistan
02-05-2016, 12:42 AM
We need MVParker to step up this month, tbh...we are going to be on the road and i can't trust Ray/Kyle/Simms/Patty to provide a steady hand on offense throughout..Tony hasn't had energy/explosion the past few games to score, but has done terrific job distributing and engaging LMA in particular..let's hope he finds his legs for this tricky stretch.

wingster
02-05-2016, 12:45 AM
I think we'll be in good shape by the time he returns. Only tests are Miami and New Orleans I think.
Oh and LAC

SAGirl
02-05-2016, 01:43 AM
Also it will be interesting how Pop handles units bc b4 he didn't want to mess with chemistry but the bench play is now in flux with Diaw possibly starting, now you only have Patty there of the old crew, so it will still be interesting to see how the team copes and how the identity of the team's bench changes.

Spurtacular
02-05-2016, 02:11 AM
Blessing in disguise.

1. Manu is rested for playoffs
2. Other bench guys learn to do more within in the offense.
3. LeMarcus and Kawhi step up more.

spurs10
02-05-2016, 02:25 AM
Manu got a testicle removed? There is no information about any such thing. It was a bad injury and he needed surgery. I'm thinking if he is possibly going to be good to play in 4-6 weeks it's a good thing.

Brazil
02-05-2016, 07:50 AM
Brah, don't rolleyes at me, and tell me how was Cordoba... hope you had some solid red meat over there...

Bra.. Cordoba was extremely hot and humid tbh... I fucked up my stomach with some solid parillas y dulce de leche pots, also bought Malbec and Chardonnay of Rutini... my favorite

The city was quite happy and optimist... I had not seen that in a while, people have lots of hope with new president

kaji157
02-05-2016, 08:07 AM
Bra.. Cordoba was extremely hot and humid tbh... I fucked up my stomach with some solid parillas y dulce de leche pots, also bought Malbec and Chardonnay of Rutini... my favorite

The city was quite happy and optimist... I had not seen that in a while, people have lots of hope with new president

He is going to fuck us all over our ass

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-05-2016, 08:14 AM
And we didn't win last year with Manu "nowhere to be found." So bad Manu = no ring.

Just telling like it is, but Manu was probably the worse player in both the GS and Cavs game. You could tell Manu was wearing down. Now he will rest for a month and he will come back fully heal and fully rested and with fire.

He will have over a month to get his game back up to par before the playoff starts.

I am just glad it was more than likely a partial rupture as oppose to a full one -- it would have been his season if it was. Manu is very fortunate in that regards.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-05-2016, 08:18 AM
You guys will learn about why R. Butler made this team. He works very hard and will help out in the next month.

Spurs kept as an insurance policy in case of Manu getting injured and Kyle/Simmons not panning out this year. Up to now, Manu hasn't been injured and KA and Simmons have been progressing nicely.

Butler might not have the offensive prowess of Manu but he definitely a better defender and still a decent 3pt shooter.

Brazil
02-05-2016, 08:30 AM
He is going to fuck us all over our ass

cannot be worst than before tbh

kobyz
02-05-2016, 08:34 AM
This is big moral blow, with that creepy injury, players have to think that the team somewhat cursed... op has a point, season indeed might be over...

NameLess Scrub
02-05-2016, 08:52 AM
This is big moral blow, with that creepy injury, players have to think that the team somewhat cursed... op has a point, season indeed might be over...

Will they add Manu's injury to the list under 6 ?? :lol

mexicanjunior
02-05-2016, 09:20 AM
Without Manu and Tim, we probably go .500 the rest of the season...

kaji157
02-05-2016, 10:02 AM
cannot be worst than before tbh

Yes it can. I already have less money than before.

If you are not from argentina you better shut up.

Spurs9
02-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Without Manu and Tim, we probably go .500 the rest of the season...

We got Simmons and Boban tbh

Brazil
02-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Yes it can. I already have less money than before.

If you are not from argentina you better shut up.

First of, you can go fuck yourself with your :cry if you are not from argentina you better shut up. I will shut up when I decide to
Second you have less money it's because you are probably a loser and you prefer blaming a new government than yourself
Finally I am taking care of two plants in Argentina employing 300 people so yeah I'll repeat myself cannot be worst than before... Kirchner should receive a nobel to have successfully manage to combine high inflation, high interest rates AND last but not least a deep recession :lol Even Dilma and Lula even though trying hard did not reach those levels.

hater
02-05-2016, 10:47 AM
:lol cliffjumpers :lol

TheDoctor
02-05-2016, 11:06 AM
First of, you can go fuck yourself with your :cry if you are not from argentina you better shut up. I will shut up when I decide to
Second you have less money it's because you are probably a loser and you prefer blaming a new government than yourself
Finally I am taking care of two plants in Argentina employing 300 people so yeah I'll repeat myself cannot be worst than before... Kirchner should receive a nobel to have successfully manage to combine high inflation, high interest rates AND last but not least a deep recession :lol Even Dilma and Lula even though trying hard did not reach those levels.

SHOTS FIRED!
http://i39.tinypic.com/29qchtx.jpg

daledondale
02-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Please shut up man. You don't have a fucking idea of what are you talking about.

Brazil
02-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Please shut up man. You don't have a fucking idea of what are you talking about.

I guess I should have used the blue font or something or are you a kirchner lover ?

MB20
02-05-2016, 11:23 AM
I guess I should have used the blue font or something or are you a kirchner lover ?

Wrong forum people.
Go downstairs for politics.

Brazil
02-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Wrong forum people.
Go downstairs for politics.

chill it's not like we gonna spend 20 pages on this

ElNono
02-05-2016, 11:38 AM

Brah, I'm glad you had a good time and that you don't live there... they're going to be tearing a new asshole to that new president in about 6 months more or less, tbh... there's no middle ground there...

At least you ran away with the good vino :tu

Brazil
02-05-2016, 11:44 AM
Brah, I'm glad you had a good time and that you don't live there... they're going to be tearing a new asshole to that new president in about 6 months more or less, tbh... there's no middle ground there...

At least you ran away with the good vino :tu

o boy dat Rutini house is absolutely divine... one of best malbec I've ever tasted

I go in cordoba 2 / 3 times a year and really this time atmospher was quite of happiness, people were nice and smiling... I hope there won't any asshole tearing and things will get better... country is amazing and deserves a bit of peace

MB20
02-05-2016, 12:19 PM
o boy dat Rutini house is absolutely divine... one of best malbec I've ever tasted

I go in cordoba 2 / 3 times a year and really this time atmospher was quite of happiness, people were nice and smiling... I hope there won't any asshole tearing and things will get better... country is amazing and deserves a bit of peace

Try the Zuccardi Q malbec next time. Great alternative at a similar price :whine

TrainOfThought5
02-05-2016, 12:30 PM
We got Simmons and Boban tbh

Rasual Butler and west, but yeah. We wont miss much of a beat.

in2deep
02-05-2016, 12:30 PM
still on this shit????

dramaqueens :rolleyes

-21-
02-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Just got the news... :depressed

Even if he does comeback, I'm not sure if he'll be 100% by the time the playoffs arrive. On the bright side, Simmons/Anderson will get more time. The idea of relying on them to carry the bench in the playoffs scares me though.

Brazil
02-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Try the Zuccardi Q malbec next time. Great alternative at a similar price :whine

Thanks Bra I will :tu

I got the Felipe Rutini 2009 for a bit more of 300 pesos... the chardonnay was cheaper around 230 iirc. I do like also Trumpeter but I think that belongs to Rutini too.

lefty
02-05-2016, 12:55 PM
If Enrique is really good, he will lead us to the title without Tim and Manu tbh

I believe in Enrique

daledondale
02-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Of course, i don't saw the blue font there haha. Thank god it was ironic, fuck Kirchner. :toast

daledondale
02-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Rutini is an excellent choice btw. Try a Luigi Bosca if you can, another solid malbec. I live near Cordoba, that province was the key to a political change in our country, like 70% of people voted the actual president and they make the difference because the election was really close.

kaji157
02-05-2016, 03:49 PM

Yeah, you are not argentine, and you are better.
Clearly Macri is better for you, that are not from Argentina.
Argentina still has high inflation numbers, so nothing has changed on that regard. Secondly the pople here is making less money, not me, everyone, other than those guys employing 300 people such as yourself, because those 300 people are now making 40% less money than before, call it as it is, or shut up.
If you are here in Argentina, just tell me in which neiberhood you are residing..

Brazil
02-05-2016, 04:00 PM
Rutini is an excellent choice btw. Try a Luigi Bosca if you can, another solid malbec. I live near Cordoba, that province was the key to a political change in our country, like 70% of people voted the actual president and they make the difference because the election was really close.

I know quite well Luigi Bosca solid but I clearly prefer rutini... Ya you can feel that in Córdoba people were behind macri a lot. :tu

Brazil
02-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Yeah, you are not argentine, and you are better.
Clearly Macri is better for you, that are not from Argentina.
Argentina still has high inflation numbers, so nothing has changed on that regard. Secondly the pople here is making less money, not me, everyone, other than those guys employing 300 people such as yourself, because those 300 people are now making 40% less money than before, call it as it is, or shut up.
If you are here in Argentina, just tell me in which neiberhood you are residing..

:lol macri just arrived you think you can change 40% inflation in a couple of months ?... Oh boy

people are not making 40% less than before you idiot salaries are reviewed twice a year and inflation is fully compensated.... You must be a lefty dude who never actually worked anywhere

Kirsh was a plague for Argentina, macri finally ended with the blue dollar bs and you don't risk anymore to go in jail because you have usd under your bed

for the rest and again gtfoh

hater
02-05-2016, 07:07 PM

:ban:

spurs10
02-05-2016, 07:16 PM
:ban:Definitelly need to ban ElNono!!!

spurs10
02-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Definitelly need to ban ElNono!!! or not.....

100%duncan
02-05-2016, 08:22 PM
I like how almost everyone ignored hater :lmao

kaji157
02-05-2016, 09:58 PM
:lol macri just arrived you think you can change 40% inflation in a couple of months ?... Oh boy

people are not making 40% less than before you idiot salaries are reviewed twice a year and inflation is fully compensated.... You must be a lefty dude who never actually worked anywhere

Kirsh was a plague for Argentina, macri finally ended with the blue dollar bs and you don't risk anymore to go in jail because you have usd under your bed

You have no idea what you are saying.

We do not have salary reviews twice a year.

Or salary has been affected as 40% total you can check any macro economic variable you want.

You are simply ignorant to our reality and just relying in random thoughts.

Wanna check? Argentina inflation last year was 25% this year is projected over 30.

Aargentina medium salary last year was over 500 dolars a month, now is below 400.

Argentina international debt was 260 billion last year, in these 3 months is over 280 (grew 20 billion in 2 months).

Just because you dont know about another country reality doesnt mean that the people living there dont either.

I do not think that the prior goverment was great either, but for sure, we could be worse than then, because we are today.

I dont know if this new goverment proposals will be good for us, but what i do know is that such politics are better for bigger scale economies rather than our country who has a medium to small market.

You, instead, are just assuming.

I don´t think by any means we are in a bad position now, or were before, we are light years ahead of brasil or any other south american country in terms of quality of life, posibility to study, or just dont getting killed on the streets, thats why i repeat, we COULD do a lot worse.

Brazil
02-05-2016, 10:02 PM
Just read your last sentence and basically it's enough... You are a clown light years ahead :lmao

hater
02-05-2016, 10:23 PM
OP :lmao

ElNono
02-05-2016, 10:28 PM
wtf? :lol what does the OP has to do with beating cupcake teams?

SAGirl
02-05-2016, 10:32 PM
This got way off track TBH

hater
02-05-2016, 10:42 PM
wtf? :lol what does the OP has to do with beating cupcake teams?

:cry season over without Manu :cry

:lol

ElNono
02-05-2016, 10:45 PM
2nd round fodder without 100% Manu, tbh... hope I'm wrong...

hater
02-05-2016, 11:12 PM
You're wrong

daledondale
02-06-2016, 02:54 AM
I know quite well Luigi Bosca solid but I clearly prefer rutini... Ya you can feel that in Córdoba people were behind macri a lot. :tu
:tu

DAF86
02-06-2016, 04:43 AM

Dude, shut up. Seriously :lol

Brazil
02-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Dude, shut up. Seriously :lol

Canyonero
02-06-2016, 11:00 AM
Argentines everywhere

Pocho La Pantera
02-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Kirchnerismo fucked us all, there's no way Macri can fuck us harder.

hater
02-11-2016, 09:38 AM
:cry season over without Manu :cry

NameLess Scrub
02-11-2016, 12:41 PM
What the freak happened to this thread?

ElNono
02-11-2016, 04:13 PM
What the freak happened to this thread?

still here, until Manu returns... then we'll see what our chances to a ring look like...

spursistan
02-11-2016, 04:27 PM
ElNono might have been secretly wishing for an L last night..peeps are getting too carried away with Softridge and KawhISO beating up on scrub teams.. Benchn minus Mills, was egg-laying the whole night..would have been good bump fodder :lol..

ElNono
02-11-2016, 05:02 PM
ElNono might have been secretly wishing for an L last night..peeps are getting too carried away with Softridge and KawhISO beating up on scrub teams.. Benchn minus Mills, was egg-laying the whole night..would have been good bump fodder :lol..

No, just no. I want to be wrong on this, I want the Spurs to win it all.

These meaningless regular season games against scrub teams don't mean a thing, tbh, I just don't think we have enough to go all the way without a 100% Manu, as mentioned in the OP...

spursistan
02-11-2016, 05:22 PM

These meaningless regular season games against scrub teams don't mean a thing, tbh, I just don't think we have enough to go all the way without a 100% Manu, as mentioned in the OP...

Sure..Pretty clear that Anderson/Simmons aren't ready for the big boys..Unfortunately Manu doesn't have good record of hitting his stride after surgery or longish break..I hope we get soft first round (Dallas/Houston) so he could use the extra time to work his way back into A difference-making shape while we lean on others..From there, though, Tony/Patty will get disrobed against the likes of Curry/Westbrook/CP3 and we need someone to play-make while holding his own on defense..

ElNono
02-11-2016, 05:27 PM
Sure..Pretty clear that Anderson/Simmons aren't ready for the big boys..Unfortunately Manu doesn't have good record of hitting his stride after surgery or longish break..I hope we get soft first round (Dallas/Houston) so he could use the extra time to work his way back into A difference-making shape while we lean on others..From there, though, Tony/Patty will get disrobed against the likes of Curry/Westbrook/CP3 and we need someone to play-make while holding his own on defense..

That's exactly the concern in the OP, Manu is a rhytm guy, he needs the reps and also hopefully he's fully recovered...

NameLess Scrub
02-11-2016, 07:09 PM
That's exactly the concern in the OP, Manu is a rhytm guy, he needs the reps and also hopefully he's fully recovered...

I think the same. Manu's ability to make a lot in 10-20 minutes of game will be needed.

Have to like any win though, they mean something vs teams like OKC or Cavs if the Spurs manage to get to the Finals.

TheGreatYacht
02-16-2016, 09:58 PM

Nigga really lost his balls. Trade him

spurraider21
02-16-2016, 10:12 PM
ElNono talk to ur boy

TheGreatYacht
02-16-2016, 10:34 PM
This is worse than Tony's quote a couple of years ago...

I'd seriously trade him to GS for Barbosa tbh, they'd probably want a pick tho

kjhip1
02-16-2016, 11:02 PM
How about you read the entire article the quote was taken from? EN posted this translation a couple of days ago. Manu's right, no need getting all worked up about it now. Figure it out, give your best May/July timeframe. That said, this team without Manu is not going anywhere in the POs. I imagine we'll see a better effort when the Dubs come to town in March.

spurs10
02-16-2016, 11:08 PM
How about you read the entire article the quote was taken from? EN posted this translation a couple of days ago. Manu's right, no need getting all worked up about it now. Figure it out, give your best May/July timeframe. That said, this team without Manu is not going anywhere in the POs. I imagine we'll see a better effort when the Dubs come to town in March. Yeah the entire sentence was '...and I don't care.' A win now is just a regular season win. He talks about winning in May and June when it matters.

TheGreatYacht
02-16-2016, 11:10 PM
How about you read the entire article the quote was taken from? EN posted this translation a couple of days ago. Manu's right, no need getting all worked up about it now. Figure it out, give your best May/July timeframe. That said, this team without Manu is not going anywhere in the POs. I imagine we'll see a better effort when the Dubs come to town in March.
I'm sure Worriers players will read the whole article. Not. Great way to make them comfortable, Manu.

Spurs haven't missed a beat without Manu tbh.

skulls138
02-16-2016, 11:12 PM
Dude, we heard you the first twenty times. I know, trade him. That and your obsessed with his balls, we get it

TheGreatYacht
02-16-2016, 11:14 PM
:lmao manutard nation cliffhumping :lol

"we are not contenders anymore ". :lol

daslicer
02-16-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm sure Worriers players will read the whole article. Not. Great way to make them comfortable, Manu.

Spurs haven't missed a beat without Manu tbh.

Media twists everything these days you can't really subconsciously prepare yourself as player to prevent your words from being twisted.

Strategic
02-16-2016, 11:32 PM
Spurs were the 2nd or 3rd best team with a healthy Manu this year. Maybe there's room for some improvement?

ElNono
02-17-2016, 11:28 AM
ElNono talk to ur boy

He's right, tbh, it doesn't matter right now... it matters in May or June... then again, if he doesn't come back healthy, it probably doesn't matter...

hater
02-17-2016, 12:53 PM
Spurs are top 2 team without Manu. Top 2 with him healthy. Hes irrelevant

SAGirl
02-17-2016, 10:52 PM

Even with a 100%Manu we may not have it this season. Too much still depends on Tony and Patty playing defense. Really once I saw them get eaten alive and the rest of the team unable to help and rotate adequately I started worrying. It will be uphill even at full strength bc the head of the snake is the head of our defensive struggles.

My hope aside from Manu getting back playing well is that we have actually seen Boris and Tony coasting and loafing. If they go into th post-season the way they are looking lately, we are also not winning squat.

It will require the hyperbolic everyone reaching "summer time" to beat GSW and there are always the refs. I hope LMA and Kawhi get respect.

ElNono
02-17-2016, 10:58 PM
Even with a 100%Manu we may not have it this season. Too much still depends on Tony and Patty playing defense. Really once I saw them get eaten alive and the rest of the team unable to help and rotate adequately I started worrying. It will be uphill even at full strength bc the head of the snake is the head of our defensive struggles.

My hope aside from Manu getting back playing well is that we have actually seen Boris and Tony coasting and loafing. If they go into th post-season the way they are looking lately, we are also not winning squat.

It will require the hyperbolic everyone reaching "summer time" to beat GSW and there are always the refs. I hope LMA and Kawhi get respect.

You always need to get a little lucky too, no doubt. It's hard to win it all.

SAGirl
02-18-2016, 12:11 AM
You always need to get a little lucky too, no doubt. It's hard to win it all.
I am enjoying the season though, for me the regular season games are not so irrelevant. We get to see the last days of our vets together and also the nescent new spurs torchbearers in Kawhi and LMA take over games, with maybe some occasional contributions from young roleplayers I enjoy watching. :toast

I have not been blabbering over Kawhi, but he's been amazing. Much better than I thought he would be before witnessing him this season. He's quiet but I have detected some nascent leadership too and clutchness. He gets so much attention that nothing much needs to be said.

So all in all, it's been much more enjoyable than last season.

spursistan
02-19-2016, 12:19 AM
gws..Manu..

I'm already seeing Porker nightmares..He's literally unplayable when he's in stink mode..At least, there is hope with a giveth-taketh Ginobili..

hater
02-19-2016, 12:20 AM
:lmao manutard bumping this the night Kawhi is out :lol

Pocho La Pantera
02-19-2016, 08:17 AM
No Mami no ring. As Usual.

hater
02-26-2016, 09:09 AM

8-1 since this post :lmao

hater
02-26-2016, 09:11 AM
on a more serious note. Is it true Manu hasn't even tried to jog yet????

damn. he seriously could be not coming back

pgardn
02-26-2016, 09:13 AM

We Finally played a complete game last night.

F the record in any span, there are a bunch of dysfunctional teams.
Watch the games.

Fireball
02-26-2016, 09:16 AM
We Finally played a complete game last night.

F the record in any span, there are a bunch of dysfunctional teams.
Watch the games.

Agreed. This is the worst regular season ever. Spurs beat 90% of the teams by 20 (if all starters play) or lose to the remaining 10% of teams by 20.

hater
02-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Agreed. This is the worst regular season ever. Spurs beat 90% of the teams by 20 (if all starters play) or lose to the remaining 10% of teams by 20.

agree. and that goes to my point regarding our team full of long 2 chuckers.

but Manu was not going to change that whatsoever. :lol

Fireball
02-26-2016, 09:25 AM

but Manu was not going to change that whatsoever. :lol we have the best FG% in the league ... that is astonishing regarding our new love for the long 2 pointer

Canyonero
02-26-2016, 09:35 AM

9-0 with a healthy Manu tbh

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2016, 09:55 AM
we have the best FG% in the league ... that is astonishing regarding our new love for the long 2 pointer

They're also 2nd in eFG% (FG% adjusted for made 3s) and TS% (FG% adjusted for 3s and FTs).

The problem is that GST is better in both categories, and by significant margins:

eFG% -- GST 56.3; SA 53.5
TS% -- GST 59.3, SA 57.1

pgardn
02-26-2016, 10:17 AM

but Manu was not going to change that whatsoever. :lol

Yes he will.
He will take minutes.
Manu is one of our two PGs.

Its ridiculous to say he does not matter.

ElNono
02-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Pattycakes and MVKawhi holding the fort until team leader comes back :tu

Still doubtful he'll be back 100%, tbh, which probably means we've a 2nd round ceiling...

mookie2001
02-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Lol Nono would rather be 100% mestizo than have the Spurs win without Manu

ceperez
02-26-2016, 02:01 PM
They're also 2nd in eFG% (FG% adjusted for made 3s) and TS% (FG% adjusted for 3s and FTs).

The problem is that GST is better in both categories, and by significant margins:

eFG% -- GST 56.3; SA 53.5
TS% -- GST 59.3, SA 57.1

My suspicion here is the Spurs are deliberately not shooting the 3 much but are working more on their post game.

That's going to change come playoff time. It's just math, Spurs cannot hope to beat GS if they throw up 10 more 3 point attempts per game.

There is also evidence that both Aldrige and West have taken less 3 point attempts than their previous season (on another team).

Spurs9
02-26-2016, 02:59 PM

ElNono
02-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Lol Nono would rather be 100% mestizo than have the Spurs win without Manu

Nah, would rather be wrong, tbh...

SAGirl
02-26-2016, 10:04 PM
My suspicion here is the Spurs are deliberately not shooting the 3 much but are working more on their post game.

That's going to change come playoff time. It's just math, Spurs cannot hope to beat GS if they throw up 10 more 3 point attempts per game.

There is also evidence that both Aldrige and West have taken less 3 point attempts than their previous season (on another team).

I don't think it's on purpose. Manu being injured hurts us in the 3 pt shot. Simmons can shoot the 3, but he passes up many shots and ends up dribbling into a bad TO. He should really shoot more than he does. It will actually open wide lanes fir him eventually.

Anderson is not a 3 pt shooter. I think that's just clear. He's working on that corner 3 to start but he loves the midrange and apparently since they have needed minutes from him Pop has let him look for his shots. In the postseason none of this will matter bc hopefully Manu is healthy.

Other than that, I don't see any if our PF shooting the 3 except if you have Butler slotted at the 4, which could very well happen.

EVAY
02-26-2016, 10:19 PM
I don't think it's on purpose. Manu being injured hurts us in the 3 pt shot. Simmons can shoot the 3, but he passes up many shots and ends up dribbling into a bad TO. He should really shoot more than he does. It will actually open wide lanes fir him eventually.

Anderson is not a 3 pt shooter. I think that's just clear. He's working on that corner 3 to start but he loves the midrange and apparently since they have needed minutes from him Pop has let him look for his shots. In the postseason none of this will matter bc hopefully Manu is healthy.

Other than that, I don't see any if our PF shooting the 3 except if you have Butler slotted at the 4, which could very well happen.

I agree that we need Manu for our 3 point shooting - not because he makes so many of them, but because he, like Mills, has no conscience about taking them at any time while needing no time to set up. That ability helps so many of other guys get their shots open, because the defense has to respect the likelihood of a shot coming from anywhere and going in.

Mostly though, I think he is needed for his passing and bball i.q. if we are really going to make a deep run. We CAN do it without Manu, but it is a lot iffier than with him, and it won't be nearly as much fun to watch if he is not there fully.

hater
03-03-2016, 11:23 PM

Love the OP btw but he's wrong a lot :lol

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:24 PM

Frankly, Manu's magical recovery will likely mean I was wrong, and that's just fine by me. Just an incredible warrior, tbh...

But let's see how he looks like when he comes back...

timtonymanu
03-03-2016, 11:25 PM
We beat shitty/average teams in this stretch and got blown out by the only contender. We're still gonna need 100% Manu.

dabom
03-03-2016, 11:27 PM
We beat shitty/average teams in this stretch and got blown out by the only contender. We're still gonna need 100% Manu.

We lost that game last year...

spurs10
03-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Frankly, Manu's magical recovery will likely mean I was wrong, and that's just fine by me. Just an incredible warrior, tbh...

But let's see how he looks like when he comes back... :tu

SASdynasty!
03-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Spurs go like 12-1 without Ginobili and yet we still can't win without him. Spurs scrape out a win against a bottom feeder where Parker only goes for 3/5/3 and suddenly we don't need him any more. I guess it makes sense in some weird illogical way.

dabom
03-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Spurs go like 12-1 without Ginobili and yet we still can't win without him. Spurs scrape out a win against a bottom feeder where Parker only goes for 3/5/3 and suddenly we don't need him any more. I guess it makes sense in some weird illogical way.

Have you not seen the bench net rating go from +10 to +2?

Kawhi and LMA have been carrying.

VS the elite of the elite we need Manu faggot. :lmao

SAGirl
03-03-2016, 11:39 PM
What it means is that Kawhi and LMA have finally taken leadership of the team. Adversity and injuries have made them gel better. It has only made this team more dangerous bc when everyone is healthy and playing well we will be more dangerous than b4.

I always said the team could not be that dependent on Manu and hope to win, but against the elite teams you need all your horses.

ElNono
03-03-2016, 11:43 PM

We can't win a championship without him. And who said we don't need Tony? We need a healthy Tony, big difference.

spursistan
03-03-2016, 11:52 PM
Hopefully he comes back to hold Diaw's hand..His play has been a genuine concern in 2016..

TheGreatYacht
03-03-2016, 11:58 PM