PDA

View Full Version : Post injury thoughts

raybies
02-04-2016, 03:11 PM
- it will be interesting to see who closes games. We lost two closers and with Green and Diaw being inconsistent, we might see Simmons or Anderson close a game or two. And not blowouts either, I'm talking crunch time.

-There has been alot more Green sightings these days so with Ginobili out he has a real shot to earn alot of minutes and if he's playing that means one thing, he's hitting. More than helping Simmons I hope this will mean more for green. We are a very explosive team when he's not just limited.

-some may not like it but only if manu and Tim are back and rolling will this be a blessing in disguise. As long as it's not too serious this does have potential to be a good thing. Because we had to let so many veterans go with the Aldridge signing, we werev going to need time to develop more rotation players or risk being too shallow. Not a good thing with an old team. We are lucky to have such potential for the price we are paying and Kyle and Simmons have the potential to be the difference in another round or championship imo. We seen this in 2003. Having them learn now rather than later is definitely a good thing. Hopefully they grow. Pop also has less of a luxury to pull them immediately after every mistake because we're down a man.

-hopefully this is the extent of our injuries any more and we might have to make a move or let someone go. I like this team. Deepest team from top to bottom imo.

in2deep
02-04-2016, 03:12 PM
am I the only one who thinks this is a non factor for our team?

Manu was not being a difference maker out there.

raybies
02-04-2016, 03:14 PM

Yes he has been. Intangibles. Playmaking. Defense. We are less experience with this loss

From Downtown
02-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Manu still is a key part of what we do,so I just hope he gets better soon and is close to 100% when the playoffs start
Said that,it's a chance for the young guys to develop and experience what life without Manu and Tim is like
Green and Patty will also play more minutes and hopefully they completely get off their shooting slumps (they're showing signs of it already)

Hoops Czar
02-04-2016, 03:15 PM

Wait until you get a whiff of Ray McCallum trying to run the offense.

raybies
02-04-2016, 03:16 PM

:lol

From Downtown
02-04-2016, 03:16 PM

Manu's the one keeping the bench together really,and his defense,playmaking,leadership and occasional scoring are still really important

in2deep
02-04-2016, 03:17 PM

Ray? we got plenty of guys that can handle the ball:
parker
diaw
anderson
simmons

and when Duncan comes back... duncan

we really had no need for Manu

in2deep
Yes he has been. Intangibles. Playmaking. Defense. We are less experience with this loss

years ago. Not recently

gambit1990

wtf, do you even watch the games?

ElNono
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM

Or Patty/Danny trying to run a pick and roll, tbh...

Joseph Kony
02-04-2016, 03:18 PM

He will be important if the Spurs are going to try and compete with GS/CLE/OKC. If spurs avoid OKC in the second round then they really don't need Manu playing well til the WCF if they even get there. Spurfans being kinda emo over this, Spurs have enough depth to win games and this can turn out to be a good thing if it's not serious (Simmons/Anderson get more time, Manu rests). Not worried about the Spurs dropping in the standings. As always with the Spurs, they need to be healthy to compete. idc if they're on the road (not gonna have hca against the warriors anyway) on the playoffs, they'll be fine if everyone is good to go. Last season if Parker wasn't banged up and shitting the bed and Tiago didn't tear his vagina 2 weeks before the playoffs, Spurs would have made it to the WCF

in2deep
02-04-2016, 03:19 PM
wtf, do you even watch the games?

yes. most games. Manu has been terrible this season. and last playoffs.

From Downtown
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
yes. most games. Manu has been terrible this season. and last playoffs.
Oh really?

in2deep
02-04-2016, 03:20 PM
yes.

Manufans saying we cease to be contenders because a role player is out is beyond retarded. my 2 cents

hater
02-04-2016, 03:23 PM
yes.

Manufans saying we cease to be contenders because a role player is out is beyond retarded. my 2 cents

Truth nukem

SAGirl
02-04-2016, 03:34 PM
-only if manu and Tim are back and rolling will this be a blessing in disguise. .

I think all the Danny headaches we saw for a good 2 1/2 months of the season were Pop getting Danny ready for a scenario similar to this one (obviously not an injury for Manu, but a future in which Manu is retired... Really we can't take him for granted and only Pop knows how much Manu really struggled with his decision over the summer and how he was this close >-< to calling it a career). But Danny didn't live up to the challenge with a lot of opportunities. His issue is that to close out games he's limited if they play him close, and they will play him close. He turns the ball over at a high rate if they get into his body. How he ends up with the ball in those situations if they are playing him close is beyond me... but of 5 guys on the floor, Danny ends up with the ball with the shot clock winding down too much and him creating a shot out of thin air is a weakness.

He may get a crack at it again bc of his experience, 3pt shot (spacing) and his defense. He has many positives for him, but I would expect Pop to have him in a short leash and other guys available depending on the matchup.

I suspect Pop will want Patty if you can get away with it defensively, bc of his spacing, 3 pt shot, and he can put the ball on the floor if they play him close, + really experience and Pop's trust. The issue is that you give up a lot defensively playing Patty + Tony.

After that it is really either Anderson or Simmons and again, defensive match up is probably going to be determining as well as who is playing better and hitting shots. They will have to earn it with their play.

hater
02-04-2016, 03:40 PM
I fully expect Danny to find his game now that no pressure of him being pulled early as well.

Blessing in disguise

From Downtown
02-04-2016, 03:41 PM
I fully expect Danny to find his game now that no pressure of him being pulled early as well.

Blessing in disguise
I hope so,we're gonna need his shooting in the playoffs

cd98
02-04-2016, 03:44 PM

Non factor? Are you just tuning in to the NBA now that the NFL season is almost over?

cd98
02-04-2016, 03:45 PM
yes.

Spurs need a dominant bench to win...Manu is a big part of that.

hater
02-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Spurs need a dominant bench to win...Manu is a big part of that.

That was years ago...

timtonymanu
02-04-2016, 03:53 PM
Morons on here are gonna be wishing for the days of Duncan and Manu when Kawhi is in his prime with LaMarcus "hold mah hand, Timmy" Aldridge and a declining, aging Tony Parker as his 2/3 options.

tmtcsc
02-04-2016, 03:55 PM
yes.

Yes, and worth each penny.

raybies
02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
I know what you mean. KL and LMA are ball dominant enough to be a one two punch if they are efficient but they need a third banana. We'll have to draft well or have some internal growth cause we got Tony locked up to to 2018.
:bang

Solid D
02-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Manu will be sorely missed. He has really helped to get the offense unstuck following slow first-quarter starts. He's one-of-a-kind.

raybies
02-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Manu will be sorely missed. He has really helped to get the offense unstuck following slow first-quarter starts. He's one-of-a-kind.

His playmaking ability is underrated for sure to some here and I don't mean just on offense.

Spur|n|Austin
02-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Fuck this sucks, I knew when he went down it was more serious than just getting racked. Hearing Tony after the game say it was not to be joked of also raised alarm. Fakkk

Jabronie in2deep saying he won't be missed :lol

SouthernFried
02-04-2016, 04:32 PM
"Manu was a non-factor this year..."

Idiot or Troll? Is there a difference? geesh...lol

cd98
02-04-2016, 04:34 PM
That was years ago...

Actually, they've had the top bench this year. Losing Manu will put a dent.

hater
02-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Actually, they've had the top bench this year. Losing Manu will put a dent.

Diaw, Boban, Mills, Anderson, Simmons,West

gambit1990
02-04-2016, 04:42 PM
let's start patty and simmons.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2016, 04:52 PM
Well he was the 3rd best Spur this season, so I expect OKC to catch up and get #2... The bench without Manu is shit and no one will be able to run plays for those guys.

BillMc
02-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Well he was the 3rd best Spur this season, so I expect OKC to catch up and get #2... The bench without Manu is shit and no one will be able to run plays for those guys.

They'll run it through Boris as a point forward. Kyle and Patty will also do some serious work.

FromWayDowntown
02-04-2016, 04:56 PM

Amen to that. He's like a life preserver at times for this team (and a security blanket for Pop), even when he's not making plays for himself.

Texas_Ranger
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
They'll run it through Boris as a point forward. Kyle and Patty will also do some serious work.

I am sure the Spurs will beat teams that are bad, but I don't trust someone like Anderson to do anything against a better team... Thank god the next game is against Dallas so we can see how they'll play right away.

DPG21920
02-04-2016, 04:59 PM

What? Why? Why would Pop take an injury to Manu as a means to disrupt both the starting lineup and bench more than he has ever done before?

gambit1990
02-04-2016, 06:01 PM
What? Why? Why would Pop take an injury to Manu as a means to disrupt both the starting lineup and bench more than he has ever done before?
the regular season is for tinkering.

patty is faster, can shoot better, and has better court vision than parker. he also doesn't need the ball in his hands to still operate and be effective: patty makes better cuts and can set up behind the three like parker never could.

with patty starting, that would offset missing the only thing danny provides on offense: the three. i appreciate him as a player and him giving up money to stay but i feel like what he provides he could replicate off the bench.

i would starts simmons over green because he can do exactly what green can't: cut and handle the ball. he's our most athletic and explosive player. dunks aren't everything, but they sure are efficient. i'd rather someone dunk than someone attempt an awkward lay up. simmons is a better passer too. so not only can he cut and dunk, he can cut and make a smart play.

tp off the bench would have an easier time scoring against a teams' second unit. he also has chemistry with boris. patty has chemistry with la.

in2deep
02-04-2016, 06:03 PM

:lol both Patty and Simmons are barely decent backup guards.

gambit1990
02-04-2016, 06:08 PM
:lol both Patty and Simmons are barely decent backup guards.
this is what you had this to say about manu missing 4-6 weeks:

so your opinion is not only wrong, it's also irrelevant. gtfo.

SpursBig3s
02-04-2016, 06:08 PM
yes.

your 2 cents, just like your brain are retarded

T Park
02-04-2016, 06:58 PM
yes.

your 2 cents is worth less than the Peso.

Keep your money.

T Park
02-04-2016, 06:59 PM

patty is faster, can shoot better, and has better court vision than parker. he also doesn't need the ball in his hands to still operate and be effective: patty makes better cuts and can set up behind the three like parker never could.

with patty starting, that would offset missing the only thing danny provides on offense: the three. i appreciate him as a player and him giving up money to stay but i feel like what he provides he could replicate off the bench.

i would starts simmons over green because he can do exactly what green can't: cut and handle the ball. he's our most athletic and explosive player. dunks aren't everything, but they sure are efficient. i'd rather someone dunk than someone attempt an awkward lay up. simmons is a better passer too. so not only can he cut and dunk, he can cut and make a smart play.

tp off the bench would have an easier time scoring against a teams' second unit. he also has chemistry with boris. patty has chemistry with la.

you don't bench a borderline All Star point guard.

Delete your account.

gambit1990
02-04-2016, 07:17 PM
you don't bench a borderline All Star point guard.

Delete your account.
manu was an all star in 2005, won sixth man of the year in 2008, was an all star in 2011.

delete your account dipshit.

gambit1990
02-06-2016, 12:27 AM

tp & green combined: 17 points on 7 of 16 shooting (43.75%), 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 TOs in 52 minutes.
patty & simmons combined: 24 points on 8 of 12 shooting (66.67%), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 TO in 38 minutes.

simmons also drew two fouls and had a block.

Boomersgold
02-06-2016, 02:53 AM
Patty has more freedom on the offensive end. W/ Manu on the floor, at times, he was relegated to a spot-up shooter role since Manu was the primary play maker. W/o Manu, Patty is able to create for himself more, which means he's going to be scoring more.

gambit1990
03-05-2016, 10:33 PM

is in2deep a troll or just stupid?

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 05:25 PM

i wish the spurs tried putting those two in the starting line up.

one thing i'm uncomfortable with at the moment is that our rotation is ??? and how good can the chemistry be if the rotation is ??? the warriors know who they're playing... they also don't have as many unknowns in regards to who should be doing what...

K...
04-11-2016, 05:36 PM
i wish the spurs tried putting those two in the starting line up.

one thing i'm uncomfortable with at the moment is that our rotation is ??? and how good can the chemistry be if the rotation is ??? the warriors know who they're playing... they also don't have as many unknowns in regards to who should be doing what...

are you like 12 yr old or something? you diagnosed the problem but then repeatedly in face of all evidence, assumed patty trash mills can play major playoff minutes post injury. NEWS: he was always manu dependent and that manu aint showing up anymore.

gambit1990
04-11-2016, 05:46 PM
are you like 12 yr old or something? you diagnosed the problem but then repeatedly in face of all evidence, assumed patty trash mills can play major playoff minutes post injury. NEWS: he was always manu dependent and that manu aint showing up anymore.
you act like mills and simmons were put in the starting lineup with kawhi, lma, and duncan for a few games... and it didn't work out. you're criticizing something that never even happened.