PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Lol Lakersground, 12th Night Edition

midnightpulp
02-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Nobody should be surprised by Kobe's ranking. ESPN has written more articles on Kobe than ANY other athlete since the inception of their site and the vast majority have been negatively slanted.

Except ESPN clearly did it to generate clicks and controversy, which is why it would be best to not feed the machine and let it die. If it's based on merit, accomplishments and impact on the game, I don't know anyone reputable who has him outside the top 10.

And what exactly would Kobe's ranking be if he went 2-6 in the finals? ESPN clearly has an obsession with another player who now isn't able to hold the torch as much as they'd like him to. They have to transition to someone else and they most likely hate every second of it.

ESPN has gone from being the premier sports media outlet to the National Enquirer of sports journalism. Besides 30 for 30 their entire organization is a joke!

Silver&Black
02-05-2016, 08:29 PM
12th

Robz4000
02-05-2016, 08:36 PM
The Ranking

benefactor
02-05-2016, 08:37 PM
That asshurt will not subside quickly

SupremeGuy
02-05-2016, 08:58 PM
:lol

Relevancy
02-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Spurs fans using whatever they can that suits them, even if they have to support a shitty a network like espn:lol

Brazil
02-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Spurs fans using whatever they can that suits them, even if they have to support a shitty a network like espn:lol

Of course :lol anybody putting Kobe out of top 10 is my best friend

Mitch
02-05-2016, 09:57 PM

Truth bombs, tbh. Pulpy and the like salivate over ESPN whenever they say something nice about Duncan, but every other day? Just another shitty network they say.

Reck
02-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Truth bombs, tbh. Pulpy and the like salivate over ESPN whenever they say something nice about Duncan, but every other day? Just another shitty network they say.

Bullshit.

Kobe hasn't been a top 10, even top 15 player for over 5 years now. :lol

The Kobe vs Duncan arguement is close but Duncan edges ahead overall imo. He did more with less.

That much is clear.

Mitch
02-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Bullshit.

Kobe hasn't been a top 10, even top 15 player for over 5 years now. :lol

The Kobe vs Duncan arguement is close but Duncan edges ahead overall imo. He did more with less.

That much is clear.

I don't give a fuck what anybody says about Kobe, Reck. It's a matter of consistency; if you make fun of ESPN, then continue to do so even if they praise your team.

hater
02-05-2016, 10:16 PM
12th is a big high IMO. 15ish is spot on

baseline bum
02-05-2016, 10:21 PM
12th is a big high IMO. 15ish is spot on

I think Kobe could make a decent 12th man tbh

Reck
02-05-2016, 10:28 PM
I don't give a fuck what anybody says about Kobe, Reck. It's a matter of consistency; if you make fun of ESPN, then continue to do so even if they praise your team.

I dont see anybody slurping on ESPN here?

I find it ironic that lakerfans (the ones mid is quoting from lakersground at least) were shitting on ESPN while saying that they were once great.

Let me guess...they thought they were awesome when the Lakers were on top? You dont have to tell me because I remember damn well ESPN sucking Kobe's dick on the daily.

If anything, Mitch, this only shows what a pack of wolves lakerfans are. They will turn on you quick.

Mitch
02-05-2016, 10:32 PM

I find it ironic that lakerfans (the ones mid is quoting from lakersground at least) were shitting on ESPN while saying that they were once great.

Let me guess...they thought they were awesome when the Lakers were on top? You dont have to tell me because I remember damn well ESPN sucking Kobe's dick on the daily.

If anything, Mitch, this only shows what a pack of wolves lakerfans are. They will turn on you quick.

Lakerfans, Spurfans, same shit different jersey. You go upstairs and you will be knee deep in turds just like you would be in Lakersground. I've seen cucks around here flock to ESPN when they say shit like the Spurs are the greatest team in the NBA and crap like that. ESPN is crap, I don't care where they rank Kobe even if it was #1 for some stupid reason. It just goes to show you who actually cares about what ESPN says.

Thebesteva
02-05-2016, 11:14 PM
:lolTypical BSPN trying to create controversy using Kobe's name. First they're trying to make Manziel off himself with all this coverage and now this. You've got to be full of shit not to rank Kobe top 10. If Jerry West and Bird are on your top 10 and not Kobe you're just a huge salty faggot tbh

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2016, 11:19 PM
lol pouring salt into vinegar chips....

Reck
02-05-2016, 11:22 PM
lol pouring salt into vinegar chips....

That's the shit.

http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20110812-salt-vinegar-utz.jpg

Eat that till my tongue is all fucked up.

Mnky
02-05-2016, 11:43 PM
I don't give a feck what anybody says about Kobe, Reck. It's a matter of consistency; if you make fun of ESPN, then continue to do so even if they praise your team.

Word.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2016, 12:22 AM
Truth

DMC
02-06-2016, 02:00 AM
None of you Lakers fans had any issues when ESPN called Kobe the player of the decade. Crickets then... but now? Oh now.. now all of you file in here and call for justice, for unity in denouncing the evil ESPN empire.

Splits
02-06-2016, 02:03 AM
:lolTypical BSPN trying to create controversy using Kobe's name. First they're trying to make Manziel off himself with all this coverage and now this. You've got to be full of shit not to rank Kobe top 10. If Jerry West and Bird are on your top 10 and not Kobe you're just a huge salty faggot tbh

West is ranked 13th.

midnightpulp
02-06-2016, 03:13 AM
Lakerfans, Spurfans, same shit different jersey. You go upstairs and you will be knee deep in turds just like you would be in Lakersground. I've seen cucks around here flock to ESPN when they say shit like the Spurs are the greatest team in the NBA and crap like that. ESPN is crap, I don't care where they rank Kobe even if it was #1 for some stupid reason. It just goes to show you who actually cares about what ESPN says.

No one here actually cares about ESPN. When that network was slobbering over Kirbs, with Mark Jackson and the like calling him the greatest player of all-time, it was us, here, calling bullshit. Before Henry Abbott's "Kobe Is Not Clutch" article was a glimmer in his eye, we were taking that myth apart with the relevant stats and analysis. We took apart Kobe's All NBA defense" myth before ESPN caught on. When Kobe fans, as well as ESPN, were citing "eye tests" with regard to his "will to win" and "killer instinct," we were here citing our own eye tests of how his ball dominant play and terrible shot selection can ruin the team dynamic.

ESPN coming around on this issue is worth mentioning because the last bastion Kobe fans had (re: Duncan vs. Kobe) is now gone. The mainstream has finally realized it, and you're all salty about it :lol

Thebesteva
02-06-2016, 03:26 AM
West is ranked 13th.

This comment on the ESPN article pretty much sums it up

ESPN you are a complete and utter joke. Kobe Bryant is arguably the Greatest player of all time. You have hated him since the beggining. Magic Johnson himself said "kobe is the greatest laker ever". Shaq said "kobe is the greatest laker ever". Michael Jordan said, "hes the only one who deserves compasrison to me". And you disrespect him like that? You should be ashamed of yourself. But guess what? The majority of NBA fans dont give a rats you know what about your stupid opinion. In the masses, Kobe will go down as the Greatest Player after Michael Jordan. No wonder Kobe called ESPN "a bunch of idiots". That is exactly what you are. Happy Friday.

Raven
02-06-2016, 03:37 AM
As i said many times before, he will be legit around #30 in five years time

ambchang
02-06-2016, 06:37 AM

Reck, you should know this when they threw wilt under the bus for Kareem, then threw Kareem under the bus for magic. Then magic under the bus for shaq, then everyone under the bus for Kobe.

Killakobe81
02-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Tell em, tbe ...i really dont give a shit but agree he should be lower 10 but who cares?!

BD24
02-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Tell em, tbe ...i really dont give a shit but agree he should be lower 10 but who cares?!
Question for you then Killa. Who do you put him above that they have ranked ahead of him. Oscar obviously? But who else? I am curious.

Mitch
02-06-2016, 11:22 AM
How many times do you need to mention Kobe? You made what, 2-3 threads regarding his ranking on ESPN?

Just reinforces two things I've been saying: Kobe lives in your mind rent-free and you'll slobber ESPN's feet if they say something to fit your agenda. Get outta here, pulpy, you're no different than the retards upstairs.

No one here actually cares about ESPN. When that network was slobbering over Kirbs, with Mark Jackson and the like calling him the greatest player of all-time, it was us, here, calling bullshit. Before Henry Abbott's "Kobe Is Not Clutch" article was a glimmer in his eye, we were taking that myth apart with the relevant stats and analysis. We took apart Kobe's All NBA defense" myth before ESPN caught on. When Kobe fans, as well as ESPN, were citing "eye tests" with regard to his "will to win" and "killer instinct," we were here citing our own eye tests of how his ball dominant play and terrible shot selection can ruin the team dynamic.

ESPN coming around on this issue is worth mentioning because the last bastion Kobe fans had (re: Duncan vs. Kobe) is now gone. The mainstream has finally realized it, and you're all salty about it :lol

Splits
02-06-2016, 12:07 PM

Mid with the ether.

Mid

midnightpulp
02-06-2016, 12:57 PM
Mid with the ether.

Mid

How many points are you willing to give me for today's Lakers vs. Spurs?

Spread is 15, but I think the Spurs easily cover that.

Splits
02-06-2016, 05:20 PM
How many points are you willing to give me for today's Lakers vs. Spurs?

Spread is 15, but I think the Spurs easily cover that.

16. Lakers are hot! 2 game roll baby!

marinoman
02-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Kobe is ranked 11 by Bleacher report http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2232060-br-nba-legends-100-ranking-the-greatest-players-of-all-time/page/93
12 by espn as we all know
and 13 by realgm http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1328924

And those may be too high
Here is where Kobe ranks in most of the metrics which exist:
Career win shares: 18th
Career ws/48: 53rd
Career per: 21st
Career box plus/minus: 32nd
Career vorp(which only goes back to 1974): 15th

The championships were because of him getting to play with some of the most dominating front lines. Every single time they won a title with Kobe they were also top 5 in the league in rebounding percentage. Two times they lead the league.
Also he is one of the worst teammates in the history of the league who his own coach tried to get traded multiple times and got multiple coaches fired. Plus when he didnt have Phil he has been basically t-mac

midnightpulp
02-06-2016, 07:21 PM
16. Lakers are hot! 2 game roll baby!

:tu

Splits
02-06-2016, 07:34 PM
:tu

$10 8-1 side bet: Kirby lodges a skunker. I'll give you either side of it