Mel_13
02-05-2016, 11:54 PM
:lol

Hemotivo
02-05-2016, 11:55 PM
hyperextended knee

daslicer
02-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Granted he hasn't played all year I was hoping he could get into some groove. He's always been a good regular season player for the Spurs.

MultiTroll
02-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Emergency meeting ASAP at

Crumpets
3920 Harry Wurzbach Rd,
San Antonio, TX 78209

http://www.crumpetsa.com/

ElNono tell ChumpDumper of course he has the night off from baking.
I will be there 1st with tranquilizers embedded in the crumpets with chamomile tea.

We can work thru this devastation together.
Lets hold Greggors hand.

r0drig0lac
02-06-2016, 12:03 AM
TankForSimmons

hater
02-06-2016, 12:04 AM
Season = Over

:lol ElNoNo

Chinook
02-06-2016, 12:05 AM
We can laugh about this all we want, but I think there's an outside chance that he gets released if this is serious enough. The Spurs don't have the room to carry him if he's injured, especially since Manu and Tim are also out. I think they're one injury away from having to look for bodies, and injured Bonner is by far the most expendable.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-06-2016, 12:08 AM
We can laugh about this all we want, but I think there's an outside chance that he gets released if this is serious enough. The Spurs don't have the room to carry him if he's injured, especially since Manu and Tim are also out. I think they're one injury away from having to look for bodies, and injured Bonner is by far the most expendable.
Agree

I think Pop feels we have enough firepower to overcome the Thunder without Bonner pulling Dirkbaka out to the 3 point line

MultiTroll
:wow You think Greggor would let him go over this injury?! :wow

UNT Eagles 2016
Probably just a light to moderate ankle sprain tbh by the way he was moving. He did leave on his own power, though.

Robz4000
02-06-2016, 12:10 AM

I fully agree tbh. I hope it isn't anything serious, but on the plus side it would make them active on the buyout market or even the trade market. I would like to see the Spurs pick up a solid wing that can hit the three.

GSH
02-06-2016, 12:10 AM
His calf was already strained from Zoomba class.

RD2191
02-06-2016, 12:11 AM

Crumpets
3920 Harry Wurzbach Rd,
San Antonio, TX 78209

I will be there 1st with tranquilizers embedded in the crumpets with chamomile tea.

Lets hold Greggors hand.
:lol

GSH
02-06-2016, 12:20 AM
:wow You think Greggor would let him go over this injury?! :wow

He'll hand him a clipboard and call up ****** Williams or John Lucas III

TheDoctor
02-06-2016, 12:27 AM
You dreaming Chinook. Bonner's Pop illegitimate son. Not gonna happen. I wish tho'.

Chinook
02-06-2016, 12:31 AM
The only good thing about these injuries is that they are happening to the older players. So the remaining guys are guys you'd be fine playing major minutes anyway. With Butler and Anderson playing the four well, maybe Pop holds off on any moves right now. But I do think that if one more Spur gets injured, it'll be cutting time -- especially if it's a PG.

SAGirl
02-06-2016, 12:36 AM
The only good thing about these injuries is that they are happening to the older players. So the remaining guys are guys you'd be fine playing major minutes anyway. With Butler and Anderson playing the four well, maybe Pop holds off on any moves right now. But I do think that if one more Spur gets injured, it'll be cutting time -- especially if it's a PG.
I agree with you.
Bonner doesn't impact us bc he really wasn't playing. As you said in the depth lineup at the 4 it was Anderson, then Butler, and Butler wasn't even getting many minutes over Anderson bc Anderson is young and can play a healthy dose of minutes, + he had been decent at the 4.

But an injury to one guy in the rotation will do it. (I don't think even an Anderson or Simmons injury will make RC pull the trigger bc even they are getting inconsistent minutes and you could use Ray instead of Simmons or Butler instead of Anderson). But anyone else, anyone with a more significant role and we will need a body.

Mel_13
02-06-2016, 12:37 AM
You dreaming Chinook. Bonner's Pop illegitimate son. Not gonna happen. I wish tho'.

His money is guaranteed for the rest of year. If the injury will result in an extended absence, waiving him is quite likely. They can sign him again in July.

Hoops Czar
02-06-2016, 12:44 AM
His money is guaranteed for the rest of year. If the injury will result in an extended absence, waiving him is quite likely. They can sign him again in July.

We go through this at least once a year. It's Chinook's wet dream that Bonner be released or traded but that's not happening. The Spurs had 4 years to amnesty the son of a bitch and chose to keep the rotting corpse on the roster. Whether or not the Spurs can waive him is moot. He's not going anywhere.

Chinook
02-06-2016, 12:45 AM

Or just later in the year after running through some 10-days. I'm not sure how that counts against the cap. In the NFL, the cap hit from guaranteed salary is recovered after re-signing a player. If that's the case here, then the Spurs could waive and re-sign Matt multiple times without adding to their salary. But if they are just different, fully guaranteed deals, then it would add to their tax, which would make the shuttling a bit less desirable.

Chinook
02-06-2016, 12:46 AM
We go through this at least once a year. It's Chinook's wet dream that Bonner be released or traded but that's not happening. The Spurs had 4 years to amnesty the son of a bitch and chose to keep the rotting corpse on the roster. Whether or not the Spurs can waive him is moot. He's not going anywhere.

Where did this reputation come from?

Mel_13
02-06-2016, 12:50 AM

He's always been easily confused.

SAGirl
02-06-2016, 12:51 AM
Actually from my vague recollection Chinook has been in Bonner's camp a whole lot.

I was on his case when he was playing a lot of rotation minutes last season while shooting 36.5% from 3, and I didn't want the Spurs to resign him, but considering his role and how good he is for everyone's morale, specially guys who don't play much and need to stay sharp, and get an example, I was fine with him. He's actually hitting shots this season, so my roast of him subsided... but I remember Chinook getting on my case about the roast of Bonner way back in the summer.

dbreiden83080
02-06-2016, 01:03 AM
What happened? Did he fall off the toilet?

Chinook
02-06-2016, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I'm actually a huge supporter of Bonner's legacy. I'm not confused into believing that he's still a good player, but I haven't been trying to get him off the team. Hell, I haven't been trying to get anyone off the team. I only propose trades to get what I think is a need for the Spurs. If there's anyone on the team that I kinda want PATFO to move, it's Boban, since his value is dropping a lot, and I don't see him as a long-term piece.

Hoops Czar
02-06-2016, 01:23 AM

At least once a year, you come up with a trade scenario that includes trading Bonner and of course, all of these trades heavily favor the Spurs no doubt. Who could forget the infamous Bonner for Ariza trade proposal 5 years ago :lol? He'll probably go down as one of the most overrated trade assets in Spurstalk history. Also, If the Spurs wouldn't amnesty his ass when he was actually making money, why would they dump him when he's making practically nothing? Besides, coach loves him. The dude is to Pop what sunlight is to plants.

GSH
02-06-2016, 01:27 AM
If there's anyone on the team that I kinda want PATFO to move, it's Boban, since his value is dropping a lot, and I don't see him as a long-term piece.

They need to send Boban to Austin, and teach him the PnR. He knows he's supposed to come out and stand there, and then run toward the basket. But that's exactly all he does. I swear, I've never seen another player at this level who seems that clueless about what's supposed to happen in the PnR.

They need to teach him, and they need to run it with him to give him some hands-on. Tell him to quit worrying about the post up game, and just focus on running pick and roll, and learning how to root for position on rebounds. Having him sit on the bench, and then come in and do the same thing over and over, isn't helping anybody.

ElNono
02-06-2016, 01:32 AM

Crumpets
3920 Harry Wurzbach Rd,
San Antonio, TX 78209

Lets hold Greggors hand.

I'm at the hospital, where you at?

cjw
02-06-2016, 01:33 AM

Right, only way to go to 16 players is if a forth guy gets hurt and is out three games before Duncan comes back.

If Bonner is out for an extended period and Duncan isn't back soon, it doesn't afford any real opportunities to rest other guys in the rotation. Duncan coming back changes that dynamic somewhat, but still not ideal to have a roster spot wasted on Bonner.

This could be an opportunity to try out a few guys on 10 day contracts. Being over the tax, these deals would be extra costly. By waiving Bonner, could they bring him back later in the year if those 10 days don't pan out?

SAGirl
02-06-2016, 01:35 AM
Yeah, I'm actually a huge supporter of Bonner's legacy. I'm not confused into believing that he's still a good player, but I haven't been trying to get him off the team. Hell, I haven't been trying to get anyone off the team. I only propose trades to get what I think is a need for the Spurs. If there's anyone on the team that I kinda want PATFO to move, it's Boban, since his value is dropping a lot, and I don't see him as a long-term piece.
Sadly, I am with you on Boban... he's looked worse with more opportunities so its a big disappointment. I know rookies and youngsters are going to be inconsistent, but I like to see the occasional "flash" of adequacy. I can actually expect the inconsistency offensively (bc shooting well is fickle, specially for guys with limited chances), but I'd like him to hold his own defensively for a few minutes.

I am unsure on him ultimately. I still like him, but we actually need a defensive big and he's not looking like he will be it.
There were "rumors" of interest on Adreian Payne for the summer. I think the Spurs will be looking for someone.

Chinook
02-06-2016, 01:37 AM
At least once a year, you come up with a trade scenario that includes trading Bonner and of course, all of these trades heavily favor the Spurs no doubt. He'll probably go down as one of the most overrated trade assets in Spurstalk history. Also, If the Spurs wouldn't amnesty his ass when he was actually making money, why would they dump him when he's making practically nothing? Besides, coach loves him. The dude is to Pop what sunlight is to plants.

Bonner was a mid-sized non-guaranteed contract in 2013-2014. That made him perfect trade ballast. That the team kept him didn't make his value overrated. He hardly had any value on his own. Rather, his contract would allow the Spurs to make up the value with picks and stashed players rather than rotation guys. He was sort of like a dust chip. And that same year, I proposed more trades involving Jack, as his expiring would have allowed the team to bring in a big contract. Or it could have been shipped out for a smaller contract with more years on it. The following year, I was into a lot of trades that used Beli, Daye and Ayres as the ballast. I did NOT suggest many if any Bonner trades. And obviously this season, I haven't suggested any, I don't think. If I have, he's been purely filler. But Butler was a better candidate for that anyway.

Who could forget the infamous Bonner for Ariza trade proposal 5 years ago :lol?

You, apparently. I joined in October of 2012. My Ariza proposal was in the summer of 2013 (so less than three years ago). And the Spurs were giving Washington more than they ended up getting when traded Trevor the next season. Bonner was again the ballast (though by this time his contract was guaranteed). Blair, whom the Wizards wanted and actually ended up trading for, was the asset.

Chinook
02-06-2016, 01:39 AM
Right, only way to go to 16 players is if a forth guy gets hurt and is out three games before Duncan comes back.

If Bonner is out for an extended period and Duncan isn't back soon, it doesn't afford any real opportunities to rest other guys in the rotation. Duncan coming back changes that dynamic somewhat, but still not ideal to have a roster spot wasted on Bonner.

This could be an opportunity to try out a few guys on 10 day contracts. Being over the tax, these deals would be extra costly. By waiving Bonner, could they bring him back later in the year if those 10 days don't pan out?

They definitely could unless someone claims him. If they do that, Bonner's complete contract comes off the books for cap/tax reasons. So that might be the best-case scenario. But if no one claims him, he's re-signable for the stretch run.

Hoops Czar
02-06-2016, 01:40 AM
Sadly, I am with you on Boban... he's looked worse with more opportunities so its a big disappointment. I know rookies and youngsters are going to be inconsistent, but I like to see the occasional "flash" of adequacy. I can actually expect the inconsistency offensively (bc shooting well is fickle, specially for guys with limited chances), but I'd like him to hold his own defensively for a few minutes.

I am unsure on him ultimately. I still like him, but we actually need a defensive big and he's not looking like he will be it.
There were "rumors" of interest on Adreian Payne for the summer. I think the Spurs will be looking for someone.

Boban is playing more and more against 1st & 2nd stringers who, in turn, are making Boban look every bit like the 3rd stringer that he is.

SAGirl
02-06-2016, 01:41 AM
They need to send Boban to Austin, and teach him the PnR. He knows he's supposed to come out and stand there, and then run toward the basket. But that's exactly all he does. I swear, I've never seen another player at this level who seems that clueless about what's supposed to happen in the PnR.

They need to teach him, and they need to run it with him to give him some hands-on. Tell him to quit worrying about the post up game, and just focus on running pick and roll, and learning how to root for position on rebounds. Having him sit on the bench, and then come in and do the same thing over and over, isn't helping anybody.
Yes, his screens don't really free the ballhandler. I think he's scared of the moving screen call or an O-foul.

SpurPadre
02-06-2016, 01:46 AM

Actually, that would be me, tbh.

Hoops Czar
02-06-2016, 02:24 AM
Bonner was a mid-sized non-guaranteed contract in 2013-2014. That made him perfect trade ballast. That the team kept him didn't make his value overrated. He hardly had any value on his own. Rather, his contract would allow the Spurs to make up the value with picks and stashed players rather than rotation guys. He was sort of like a dust chip. And that same year, I proposed more trades involving Jack, as his expiring would have allowed the team to bring in a big contract. Or it could have been shipped out for a smaller contract with more years on it. The following year, I was into a lot of trades that used Beli, Daye and Ayres as the ballast. I did NOT suggest many if any Bonner trades. And obviously this season, I haven't suggested any, I don't think. If I have, he's been purely filler. But Butler was a better candidate for that anyway.

Remind me again why an opposing team would want a Spurs 2nd round draft pick (58th and 60th in 2014) or the rights to a stashed player who'd most likely never see the light of day in the association? It would have been lunacy to give up a 1st rounder. What would be the incentive for an opposing team to pull a trigger on that trade?

playbonner15
02-06-2016, 02:40 AM
LOL Bonner's staying

Sean Cagney
02-06-2016, 03:13 AM
Actually, that would be me, tbh.

Im with u and have been for years tbqh...

SpurPadre
02-06-2016, 03:18 AM
Im with u and have been for years tbqh...

I know but I've come to terms that he'll not only never go away but that he will eventually be Pop's successor, tbh.

Fireball
02-06-2016, 04:08 AM
pulling a calf while shooting a three ... he is done tbh

Sean Cagney
02-06-2016, 04:35 AM
I know but I've come to terms that he'll not only never go away but that he will eventually be Pop's successor, tbh.

Hey man atleast he hardly plays at all so that is a huge plus.

EmantheSpursFan
02-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Any word yet?

Robz4000
02-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Any word yet?

he's dead jim

ChumpDumper
02-06-2016, 04:04 PM
Questionable for tonight.

SAGirl
02-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Bonner left calf strain. those take time to recover from.

https://twitter.com/spurs/status/696030953274220544

tmtcsc
02-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Boban is a terrible rebounder and defender. He's a good passer, makes his free throws and can dunk but he doesn't do much else very well. He is Boban.

UZER
02-06-2016, 06:50 PM
If Bonner is released, pop will immediately release chip Engelland and rehire Bonner as the new shooting coach.

EVAY
02-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Calf strains truly are notoriously slow to heal completely.

maverick1948
02-06-2016, 08:06 PM
Actually, Bonner is already a coach. He works with the young big men on shooting. Matt may be at the end of the bench but his contract is perfect for what he does. A few minutes here and there and helping coach.

palangi
02-06-2016, 08:14 PM
If Bonner is done why not just bring up Cady Lallane?

sasaint
02-06-2016, 08:29 PM
Actually, Bonner is already a coach. He works with the young big men on shooting. Matt may be at the end of the bench but his contract is perfect for what he does. A few minutes here and there and helping coach.

I am totally lacking in any real intel. I am curious; how do you know what role Bonner has in developing the younger guys? I kind of presume that is the case, but I've never been to a Spurs practice to witness it; nor have I ever read anything online or heard any interviews that mad that point.

At any rate, whatever his unofficial role is, I find it very difficult to imagine that Pop would release Bonner unless both Tim and Manu were both out for an extended period.

SAGirl
02-06-2016, 08:32 PM
I am totally lacking in any real intel. I am curious; how do you know what role Bonner has in developing the younger guys? I kind of presume that is the case, but I've never been to a Spurs practice to witness it; nor have I ever read anything online or heard any interviews that mad that point.

At any rate, whatever his unofficial role is, I find it very difficult to imagine that Pop would release Bonner unless both Tim and Manu were both out for an extended period.
Tim is apparently already doing 3 on 3 and getting ready to get back, which is good news.
Manu you already know.
I don't think he's released, but the concern and discussion was that calf strains are notoriously slow to recover from specially for older men.. so he might really be out for most of the remaining season. He played so little that it doesn't matter for us, unless we got more ppl injured. Hopefully that is not the case, and with TD set to come back, we can let Bonner do his thing.

skulls138
02-06-2016, 08:34 PM
If Bonner is released, pop will immediately release chip Engelland and rehire Bonner as the new shooting coach.Huh?

Chinook
02-06-2016, 11:33 PM
If Bonner is done why not just bring up Cady Lallane?

Because that's a horrible idea. Now bringing up Ndoye wouldn't be all that bad.

palangi
02-07-2016, 12:46 AM
Why is that?

Lallane is a 6'10" guy with a 7' 3" wing span. Has an NBA skill in his shooting for a stretch 4. Also is a good rebounder and good athlete.

ndoye is a 7'er, that's it.

Lallane has shown great progress in Austin.

MultiTroll
02-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Why is that?

Lallane is a 6'10" guy with a 7' 3" wing span. Has an NBA skill in his shooting for a stretch 4. Also is a good rebounder and good athlete.

ndoye is a 7'er, that's it.

Lallane has shown great progress in Austin.

Is he related to Jack Lalanne?

MultiTroll
02-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Questionable for tonight.
Bonner is not suiting up for the Spurs tonight. Or were you talking about you and Bonner seeing each other tonight?
ElNono and I have discussed it and if you would like to take the night off from crumpet baking we support you 100%.

ElNono
02-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Bonner is not suiting up for the Spurs tonight. Or were you talking about you and Bonner seeing each other tonight?
ElNono and I have discussed it and if you would like to take the night off from crumpet baking we support you 100%.

Chump and I are going to be taking turns watching reruns of A Christmas Story with Matty in his hospital room while he recovers.
You're welcome to bring some tea in the evening if you can/want. :lol

littlecoyotecoin
02-07-2016, 11:20 PM

Been interested in Ndoye for a little while. Glad to see you think he's got some possible potential.

TrainOfThought5
02-08-2016, 12:25 AM

Dont feel bad it was my wet dream to.

sasaint
02-08-2016, 12:53 AM

Do you honestly believe that of the two Ndoye is more NBA-ready than Lalanne?

SAGirl
02-08-2016, 02:03 AM
I haven't watched them since SL (just one game I watched of Lalanne with Ray, and I focused on watching them and didn't see Ndoye).. but they are different players. Ndoye is a true center, Lalanne is a PF, similar in size to D.West although less strong. Lalanne would make both Bonner and Butler redundancies.

Ndoye on the other hand, would take Boban's spot. He was an offensively raw guy, but he's a true center. Seemed like 7' and with length. He showed more defensive potential than Boban in preseason actually, bc he was much more athletic and agile. He also had good instincts getting his hands in the passing lanes and getting a steal here or there, or blocking a shot, without the concern with Boban that he will foul someone bc he's so big that he's unable to control his momentum. Nodye was very raw yes, but had potential and is younger than Boban and will be cheaper.

Since we already have so many PF and not a real defensive centers (outside of Timmy), Ndoye is more of a need. Although you can probably add both guys bc Bonner and Butler would become redundancies (they almost already are anyways).

Lalanne would be Bonner-lite in this current roster. Ndoye however could have even displaced Boban if he showed up with better defense, and was able to act as a roll man in the PnR which Boban is just terrible at (because he doesn't set proper picks to free up the ballhandler and is too slow rolling).

Just my opinion, but I don't know how he's been doing in the dleague though. He could be more of a need.

sasaint
02-08-2016, 08:25 AM
I haven't watched them since SL (just one game I watched of Lalanne with Ray, and I focused on watching them and didn't see Ndoye).. but they are different players. Ndoye is a true center, Lalanne is a PF, similar in size to D.West although less strong. Lalanne would make both Bonner and Butler redundancies.

Ndoye on the other hand, would take Boban's spot. He was an offensively raw guy, but he's a true center. Seemed like 7' and with length. He showed more defensive potential than Boban in preseason actually, bc he was much more athletic and agile. He also had good instincts getting his hands in the passing lanes and getting a steal here or there, or blocking a shot, without the concern with Boban that he will foul someone bc he's so big that he's unable to control his momentum. Nodye was very raw yes, but had potential and is younger than Boban and will be cheaper.

Since we already have so many PF and not a real defensive centers (outside of Timmy), Ndoye is more of a need. Although you can probably add both guys bc Bonner and Butler would become redundancies (they almost already are anyways).

Lalanne would be Bonner-lite in this current roster. Ndoye however could have even displaced Boban if he showed up with better defense, and was able to act as a roll man in the PnR which Boban is just terrible at (because he doesn't set proper picks to free up the ballhandler and is too slow rolling).

Just my opinion, but I don't know how he's been doing in the dleague though. He could be more of a need.

Like you I saw them both in SL, and I have seen them in a couple of D-league broadcasts. I understand their differences. I wasn't really questioning skill-sets but skill-level. I just don't see Ndoye's being able to contribute many minutes in the NBA without fouling out in short order. On the Raw Scale, Ndoye seems like an 8 while Cady seems more like a 5.

Chinook
02-08-2016, 08:45 AM

Has nothing to do with that. The Spurs don't have Ndoye's rights, so they should sign him to protect him for next year's camp. No one can sign Lalanne this season besides the Spurs, and them doing so forfeits a year of his rookie contract. And it's not like either will play a role this season, so it makes no sense to lose flexibility on both.

But I actually do like Ndoye quite a bit. I think he can be a Splitter-like player in time, though he doesn't have quite the upside. He's just a big, strong dude who can roll, post up and shoot from midrange. None of those things is a real strength for him yet, but he's not just a boulder out there. Defensively, he looks like he can move his feet well, and he's not hesitant to mix things up inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAh8l-Xj2FY

Dude should be getting more love, honestly.

Chinook
02-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Here are some more highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHXGkEXy3U

DeShaun Thomas had a beautiful assist in that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTGwmRMDHkU

benefactor
02-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Those are nice looking highlights from Ndoye. Moves his feet well and has nice timing on those blocked shots. Good looking prospect indeed.:tu

sasaint
02-08-2016, 10:23 AM
Has nothing to do with that. The Spurs don't have Ndoye's rights, so they should sign him to protect him for next year's camp. No one can sign Lalanne this season besides the Spurs, and them doing so forfeits a year of his rookie contract. And it's not like either will play a role this season, so it makes no sense to lose flexibility on both.

But I actually do like Ndoye quite a bit. I think he can be a Splitter-like player in time, though he doesn't have quite the upside. He's just a big, strong dude who can roll, post up and shoot from midrange. None of those things is a real strength for him yet, but he's not just a boulder out there. Defensively, he looks like he can move his feet well, and he's not hesitant to mix things up inside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAh8l-Xj2FY

Dude should be getting more love, honestly.

Thanks for the explanation and the highlights. It wasn't clear that your original comment was more contractual/strategic than basketball oriented. You make terrific strategic points. :toast Having watched the SL squad and a couple of D-league games, I absolutely agree with you about Ndoye's strengths. In SL I thought he was very athletic, but not much in the way of basketball skill. He definitely is not a boulder; he has pretty quick feet that could, with fundamental training and some experience, translate well to the NBA. He is coming along in Austin. Perhaps we should ensure ourselves of his services next season.

I believe that Cady is also a good prospect. He is making very good strides in Austin, IMHO. In SL, he showed no evidence of shooting the 3-ball well enough to become an effective stretch 4. But he has become a reliable threat in Austin.

SAGirl
02-08-2016, 02:12 PM
I'll be honest Boban didn't impress in preseason ( I remember the block by the Birdman) and how much trouble he had with guards swiping the ball and taking it from him. He also looked slower than he does now. I actually liked Ndoye more bc his motor and his activity was higher than Boban. He actually scored out of steals (I remember him going coast to coast once) Boban needed set plays. Obviously Boban was signed so Ndoye had no chance, but considering how poor all if them looked preseason (even Simmons) I was more impressed by Ndoyes activity level and motor. He was obviously raw so dleague 1 season will do wonders for him.

Boban himself needed a couple of dleague games to gain his confidence and he's a European veteran with a more polished game.

palangi
02-08-2016, 09:48 PM

I was thinking Lallane as a replacement for Bonner if he is out with injury. So it wouldn't be redundancy if Bonner is not here.

palangi
02-08-2016, 09:53 PM
I'll be honest Boban didn't impress in preseason ( I remember the block by the Birdman) and how much trouble he had with guards swiping the ball and taking it from him. He also looked slower than he does now. I actually liked Ndoye more bc his motor and his activity was higher than Boban. He actually scored out of steals (I remember him going coast to coast once) Boban needed set plays. Obviously Boban was signed so Ndoye had no chance, but considering how poor all if them looked preseason (even Simmons) I was more impressed by Ndoyes activity level and motor. He was obviously raw so dleague 1 season will do wonders for him.

Boban himself needed a couple of dleague games to gain his confidence and he's a European veteran with a more polished game.
Ndoye does have more agility to play the PnR.

ChumpDumper
02-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Ndoye rebounds at an NBA level. Lalanne doesn't quite do anything at an NBA level yet.

palangi
02-08-2016, 10:51 PM
Ndoye rebounds at an NBA level, and Lalanne doesn't have an NBA skill? Do you just make shit up?

Ndoye averages 7.3 rebounds a game and 1.1 blocks a game

Lalanne averages 7.8 rebounds a game and 1.2 blocks a game and is shooting 36% from 3.