PDA

View Full Version : why are spursfans scared of OKC???

hater
02-06-2016, 11:37 PM
Between Kancer Durant and Ernes Kancer why are OKC a team to fear????

This team will barely get out of the first round. I hole we can face them in the 2nd as it'll be a win. Sure it'll be a 6 game series. Thanks to the refs. But it'll be a win for us.

Why is anyone worrid about this team??

UNT Eagles 2016
02-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Spurs lost in Oracle by 30.

OKC lost in Oracle by 8, but that score didn't do the Thunder justice as they hung in there until the final minute.

That's why.

Nathan89
02-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Not sure why you are so confident after watching that OKC game tbh. They didn't get stomped like us. Unlike the Spurs multiple players on OKC didn't appear to have no use vs GSW. None of their main players became invisible like the Spurs.

OKC has a very good chance at eliminating the Spurs.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Not sure why you are so confident after watching that OKC game tbh. They didn't get stomped like us. Unlike the Spurs multiple players on OKC didn't appear to have no use vs GSW. None of their main players became invisible like the Spurs.

Yep. My pick for the WCSF remains 4-2 OKC in 6 games (assuming Thunder hold on to #3 seed)

cutewizard
02-06-2016, 11:45 PM
why are americans SCARED of their parents, the illuminati????????????

cutewizard
02-06-2016, 11:45 PM
aha

aha

aha

Pauleta14
02-06-2016, 11:47 PM
Yep. My pick for the WCSF remains 4-2 OKC in 6 games (assuming Thunder hold on to #3 seed)

I think we win in 7 and get swept in the Finals with no energy to match GS's...

UNT Eagles 2016
02-06-2016, 11:49 PM
I think we win in 7 and get swept in the Finals with no energy to match GS's...
You mean swept in the West finals?

If we beat the Dubs... no chance in hell we lose to whatever shitty team the Least Conference trots out... :lol

Spurtacular
02-06-2016, 11:51 PM
For me it's not about being scared of the Thunder. Whoever between the Warriors and Spurs has to play them in the second round is probably at a disadvantage though.

Pauleta14
02-06-2016, 11:57 PM
You mean swept in the West finals?

If we beat the Dubs... no chance in hell we lose to whatever shitty team the Least Conference trots out... :lol

Yes, I meant we beat OKC in 7 and loose to the Dubs in 4 because we're burnt...

Only way we go to the finals is if Curry or Green gets injured

Horse
02-06-2016, 11:59 PM
Yeah each played GS at home okc lost by less so that means everything. Cancel the season!

NASpurs
02-07-2016, 12:00 AM
Spurs should avoid the Grizzlies :lmao

hater
02-07-2016, 12:01 AM
Spurs should avoid the Grizzlies :lmao

They should tbqh. Barnes be creeping

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 01:29 AM

OKC lost in Oracle by 8, but that score didn't do the Thunder justice as they hung in there until the final minute.

That's why.

Klay/Curry combined for a TWO 3 pointers in the entire game meanwhile Curry had SIX 3s in three quarter against the Spurs.
BTW the Clippers lost by only 4 & were actually leading for the majority of the 4th quarter.:sleep

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Not sure why you are so confident after watching that OKC game tbh. They didn't get stomped like us. Unlike the Spurs multiple players on OKC didn't appear to have no use vs GSW.

None of their players not named Westbrook/Durant/Kanter were effective & Kanter would have been torched if Curry wasn't cold for the majority of the game. OKC has the worst wing rotation amongst all of the elite teams: Roberson, Waiters, Morrow, Singler:lmao

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 01:39 AM

ATTN: OKC hasn't beaten the Spurs at San Antonio with Kawhi in the lineup since Jan 2014 & Ibaka doesn't have Splitters to punk along w/ Porker no longer being the focal point of the offense. LMA had a bad game in his debut along w/ Porker refusing to attack Kanter on switches & the Spurs almost beat them in OKC only to be denied by a random Waiters game.

Their aura has been shattered by Diaw's fat ass & the only way the Spurs lose is if Pop decided to deploy the turd towers when Kanter/Westbrook are in the game.:lol

Patty will no longer be getting destroyed by Reggie Jackson & Simmons can actually outplay their wing bums (Singler/Roberson:lol). Just need to trade Fathead for MCW so there is another athletic body to throw at Westbrook along with his ability to guard Waiters in the post while still running the point on the other end.

T Park
02-07-2016, 01:41 AM

That's why.

Genius reasoning.

T Park
02-07-2016, 01:42 AM

Better make sure that limb isn't too shaky there.

T Park
02-07-2016, 01:47 AM

lol. Yeah that Enes Kanter defense on Aldridge will be legendary.

T Park
02-07-2016, 01:53 AM
They should tbqh. Barnes be creeping

Yeah, the Grizzlies will start making threes any day now.

Been hearing it for..... what 5 years now?

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 02:01 AM
lol. Yeah that Enes Kanter defense on Aldridge will be legendary.

You don't attack Kanter in the post, you attack him on switched against guards (Porker)

TD 21
02-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Because the Spurs themselves are. If/when I see that they no longer are, then I won't be.

It's the same reason Warriors fans are scared of the Spurs or at least were until people decided that one regular season game meant the Spurs had no chance.

T Park
02-08-2016, 12:46 AM
You don't attack Kanter in the post, you attack him on switched against guards (Porker)

porker. get fucked.

T Park
02-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Because the Spurs themselves are. If/when I see that they no longer are, then I won't be.

It's the same reason Warriors fans are scared of the Spurs or at least were until people decided that one regular season game meant the Spurs had no chance.

lmao. yeah the Spurs are scared of the warriors. GMAFB

TD 21
02-08-2016, 04:49 PM
lmao. yeah the Spurs are scared of the warriors. GMAFB

That's not at all what I said.

Stand
02-08-2016, 08:03 PM

That's why.

Philly only lost by three. I hear the rest of the league is just going to forfeit games against the 76ers now that they proved they can almost win.

exstatic
02-08-2016, 08:14 PM
Eagles is not a Spurs fan, he's a pretty obvious hate troll.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-08-2016, 08:28 PM
refs

skulls138
02-08-2016, 08:59 PM

OKC has a very good chance at eliminating the Spurs.And if you subtract the margin of victory of our game vs Warriors and OKC's game vs the Warriors that should be the exact score OKC should beat us in your mathmatical world right? Im being sarcastic of course but what Im saying is sports is much more than that rigid type mathmatical thinking. It also has to do with momentum, peaks and valleys, good days, bad days, confidence, lack of confidence, over confidence etc. The game we played against Warriors was as hyped a regular season game has ever been, and frankly we werent ready for it. We were still trying to figure out our identity, that game made that plain. And also people keep on forgetting we didnt have, oh I dont know, Tim Fucking Duncan!! Ever hear of him? More sarcasm.

Dingle Barry
02-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Eagles is not a Spurs fan, he's a pretty obvious hate troll.

Either way, he's a dumbass.

G-Dawgg
02-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Because the Thunder may possibly have arguably the best duo tandem in the history of the NBA..

pgardn
02-08-2016, 11:33 PM

That's why.

My God...

The old 6 degrees of separation argument.
Alamo Heights MS girls team beats the 60s Boston Celtics because...

BOHOLANO#21
02-08-2016, 11:42 PM
As what Kawhi said in an interview, he is not worried about losing games in regular season as long as the team keeps improving towards the playoffs. He cited the 2014 title run, the Spurs got swept in regular season by OKC but won the playoffs series in their way to the 5th title. I'm not scared!😃

Cry Havoc
02-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Because the Thunder may possibly have arguably the best duo tandem in the history of the NBA..

:lmao :lmao :lmao

This shit.

Jordan and Pippen would fucking DUMPSTER Durant and Westbrook. Wouldn't even be a series.

And no, it's not arguable. :lol Thunder haven't even won a ship yet and you're saying this shit.

Come on.

G-Dawgg
02-09-2016, 02:57 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

This shit.

Jordan and Pippen would fucking DUMPSTER Durant and Westbrook. Wouldn't even be a series.

And no, it's not arguable. :lol Thunder haven't even won a ship yet and you're saying this shit.

Come on.

Don't laugh just yet. Just think about it for a moment....

I don't remember Pippen EVER being considered a top 5 player in the league and the Thunder arguably have 2 of them... Sure Jordan is the GOAT, but I can see an argument for people saying that OKC may have a better duo.. As far as my own personal opinion, I agree with you that Pippen and Jordan are the better duo because of their elite level defense and they do have more cred because of their championships and accomplishments. However people can argue that OKC does have 2 legit MVP candidate level players in Durant and Westbrook that's undeniable.... while as good as Pip was, he was never really considered in MVP voting.

Also remember I'm not talking about that Chicago team vs OKC in a 7 game series. Just comparing the duos here...

The rest of OKC's team isn't exceptional and their coaching is marginal....

daslicer
02-09-2016, 03:40 AM
Don't laugh just yet. Think about it for a moment.... I don't remember Pippen EVER being considered a top 5 player in the league and the Thunder arguably have 2 of them... Sure Jordan is the GOAT, but I can see an argument for people saying that OKC may have a better duo.. As far as my own personal opinion, I agree with you that Pippen and Jordan are the better duo because of their elite level defense and they do have more cred because of their championships and accomplishments. However people can argue that OKC does have 2 legit MVP candidate level players in Durant and Westbrook that's undeniable.... while as good as Pip was, he was never considered in MVP voting.

Also remember I'm not talking about that Chicago team vs OKC in a 7 game series. Just comparing the duos here...

I have to disagree with that. During the '93-'94 season Pippen was definitely a top 5 player. He was third in the mvp voting that year. Only Hakeem and David had a better season that year. Scottie took his game to another level during those 2 years when MJ was gone. Scottie's evolution as a player during the 2 year absence of Jordan is a huge reason why the bulls were able to win 72 games. Scottie had essentially gone from being an all-star player during the first 3 peat to becoming a superstar during the second 3 peat.

G-Dawgg
02-09-2016, 03:57 AM
I have to disagree with that. During the '93-'94 season Pippen was definitely a top 5 player. He had the third in the mvp voting that year. Only Hakeem and David had a better season that year. Scottie took his game to another level during those 2 years when MJ was gone. Scottie's evolution as a player during the 2 year absence of Jordan is a huge reason why the bulls were able to win 72 games. Scottie had essentially gone from being an all-star player during the first 3 peat to becoming a superstar during the second 3 peat.

I was still in highschool at that time. It was so long ago. I didn't remember that Pippen was 3rd in MVP voting that year. :tu

daslicer
02-09-2016, 04:06 AM
I was still in highschool at that time. It was so long ago. I didn't remember that Pippen was 3rd in MVP voting that year. :tu

David Robinson was my favorite player around that time but Scottie was my second favorite player. Pippen was super fun to watch during MJ's 2 year absence. He was a force for those 2 years. In '93-94 as I have said before third in MVP voting but in '94-'95 he was 7th still not a huge drop off. If you look at the '94-'95 MVP voting you can easily make an argument Scottie could have gone top 5 that year also.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_1995.html

Cry Havoc
02-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Don't laugh just yet. Just think about it for a moment....

I don't remember Pippen EVER being considered a top 5 player in the league and the Thunder arguably have 2 of them... Sure Jordan is the GOAT, but I can see an argument for people saying that OKC may have a better duo.. As far as my own personal opinion, I agree with you that Pippen and Jordan are the better duo because of their elite level defense and they do have more cred because of their championships and accomplishments. However people can argue that OKC does have 2 legit MVP candidate level players in Durant and Westbrook that's undeniable.... while as good as Pip was, he was never really considered in MVP voting.

The rest of OKC's team isn't exceptional and their coaching is marginal....

Of course Pippen wasn't considered a likely choice for MVP. He was playing alongside the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME. How the fuck would he exceed Jordan in value? Durant and Westbrook are both MVP candidates because neither of them are bright enough to outshine the other. Even when Durant won the 14 MVP, he's never been considered an unarguable choice for the best player in the world, first because of LeBron and now with Steph taking over the league.

Pippen's numbers when Jordan left were insane: 22 points with 9 rebounds and 5.6 assists per, along with THREE steals per game. He also avged a block per game in the two seasons Jordan sat. He was unquestionably a two-way player, far more than either Durant or Westbrook are.

Bottom line is OKC is a flashy team that doesn't care about defense. That's why they'll never win a title. Westbrook is one of the most undisciplined players I've ever seen, very easy to draw parallels to Kobe in that regard, except he doesn't have Shaq and the gargantuan weight of the Lakers to buy him teammates to make up for his lapses to win titles with.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2016, 01:15 PM
David Robinson was my favorite player around that time but Scottie was my second favorite player. Pippen was super fun to watch during MJ's 2 year absence. He was a force for those 2 years. In '93-94 as I have said before third in MVP voting but in '94-'95 he was 7th still not a huge drop off. If you look at the '94-'95 MVP voting you can easily make an argument Scottie could have gone top 5 that year also.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_1995.html

You could also make the argument that Scottie would have finished a lot higher in MVP voting if the Bulls had a better team that year. They lost the best player of all-time and were still a playoff team. Insanity.

G-Dawgg
02-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Of course Pippen wasn't considered a likely choice for MVP. He was playing alongside the GREATEST PLAYER OF ALL TIME. How the fuck would he exceed Jordan in value? Durant and Westbrook are both MVP candidates because neither of them are bright enough to outshine the other. Even when Durant won the 14 MVP, he's never been considered an unarguable choice for the best player in the world, first because of LeBron and now with Steph taking over the league.

Pippen's numbers when Jordan left were insane: 22 points with 9 rebounds and 5.6 assists per, along with THREE steals per game. He also avged a block per game in the two seasons Jordan sat. He was unquestionably a two-way player, far more than either Durant or Westbrook are.

Bottom line is OKC is a flashy team that doesn't care about defense. That's why they'll never win a title. Westbrook is one of the most undisciplined players I've ever seen, very easy to draw parallels to Kobe in that regard, except he doesn't have Shaq and the gargantuan weight of the Lakers to buy him teammates to make up for his lapses to win titles with.

Regardless of all that, OKC is a pretty scary team. People would be be naive to take the Thunder lightly. They have Durant and Westbrook, 2 legit MVP candidates on their roster, they have size and interior scoring and Ibaka as an interior defender. In my opinion, they could potentially do to the Spurs what the Clippers did last year...maybe they don't win a title, however they could easily play the spoiler.....

Kawhitstorm
02-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Regardless of all that, OKC is a pretty scary team. People would be be naive to take the Thunder lightly. They have Durant and Westbrook, 2 legit MVP candidates on their roster, they have size and interior scoring and Ibaka as an interior defender. In my opinion, they could potentially do to the Spurs what the Clippers did last year...maybe they don't win a title, however they could easily play the spoiler.....

Why worry more about OKC doing what the Clippers did to the Spurs when the Clippers are still contenders & Shitter has been replaced by an all-star along w/ Kawhi now being a top 5 player?:lol

Nobody said they are a walkover but there isn't much to indicated they are a tougher matchup than a healthy Clippers team.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2016, 01:55 PM

They're still undisciplined. They almost lost to the Suns last night, a team that's trying to fall to the bottom of the conference. And they still play absolutely no defense. Ibaka is nowhere near the force that he has been in previous years, and their bench is one of the worst defensive units I've ever seen. Kanter would get lit up by guys like Bonner and Errors, and that's saying something. When the pace of the game slows down, OKC will be exposed as teams that know how to execute single out their lack of cohesion. Watch their opponents in the playoffs shoot lights out. Barring injuries, the 2nd round is their absolute ceiling this season.

G-Dawgg
02-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Nobody should take them lightly. They are very dangerous when they are zeroed in and focused. They did very well against Golden State a few games ago and they were in the game right down to the end. Don't look too far past this team. I do think Spurs are absolutely a better team than OKC is. However if we had to face them in the playoffs, I don't think we'd walk on them like you seem to imply we would. This team could quite possibly break some hearts.

You may have your opinion, this is mine.

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 09:05 PM
OKC is a damn good team and would be trouble for SA. Especially because Ibaka goes from average to full potential when he see's SA.

SpursFan86
02-09-2016, 09:13 PM

Exactly. I think the Spurs have a nice advantage on paper, and theoretically should be able to beat OKC fairly safely in a series with HCA...but it seems like they shit themselves and play like a different team when they go up against OKC, so I'm not too confident.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Nobody should take them lightly. They are very dangerous when they are zeroed in and focused. They did very well against Golden State a few games ago and they were in the game right down to the end. Don't look too far past this team. I do think Spurs are absolutely a better team than OKC is. However if we had to face them in the playoffs, I don't think we'd walk on them like you seem to imply we would. This team could quite possibly break some hearts.

You may have your opinion, this is mine.

Nowhere did I say they are terrible or that we would sweep them out of the playoffs. Far from it.

I do think this would be the weakest OKC team we've faced in the playoffs, even if Ibaka is healthy. And I think we would, just like we did in 2014, win 2-3 games in a blowout fashion with another 2-3 games in the series being close.

I see us in a fairly convincing 6 games. Maybe 5 if our shooters are hot.

Trying to gauge how well they will do in the playoffs using the regular season isn't the best predictor. I see them as similar to the Suns, not necessarily in execution, but in the limiting factor of how high their ceiling is.

Cry Havoc
02-09-2016, 09:46 PM
Exactly. I think the Spurs have a nice advantage on paper, and theoretically should be able to beat OKC fairly safely in a series with HCA...but it seems like they shit themselves and play like a different team when they go up against OKC, so I'm not too confident.

You mean aside from the fact that we decimated them in 2014 and knocked them out of the playoffs on their own floor?

SpursFan86
02-09-2016, 09:52 PM
You mean aside from the fact that we decimated them in 2014 and knocked them out of the playoffs on their own floor?

I'm not sure winning 4-2 (with 2 of those wins coming while they were without Ibaka) counts as "decimating" them :lol

I'm not saying I don't think we'd beat them in a playoff series. I'm just not overly confident in it given how the Spurs seem to play scared against them.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2016, 04:22 AM

:lol Millennial Messiah strikes yet again
:lol UNTstrodamus
:lol guitarotdude27
:lol better than every "analyst" combined except possibly Barkley

manu2timdynasty
05-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Between Kancer Durant and Ernes Kancer why are OKC a team to fear????

This team will barely get out of the first round. I hole we can face them in the 2nd as it'll be a win. Sure it'll be a 6 game series. Thanks to the refs. But it'll be a win for us.

Why is anyone worrid about this team??

Look the "poster of the year" in the span of a few month's not only did you completely contradict yourself but you are now taking credit for calling the Thunders success. Hater = the broken clock whose right 2 times a day and brags about it. Dream big...

http://s32.postimg.org/x7cnjxa5x/IMG_20160521_233722.jpg

DAF86
05-25-2016, 01:59 PM
:lol hater

spursistan
05-25-2016, 02:12 PM
:lol hater (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7609)
Hater was coasting in regular season tbqh :lol

manu2timdynasty
05-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Hater was coasting in regular season tbqh :lol

Tbqh-tbh the gimp speaks...

marinoman
05-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Why indeed

gambit1990
05-25-2016, 08:43 PM
:lmao