PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Tony Parker: Kobe was the Jordan of our generation

Benoit
02-07-2016, 02:04 AM
Well there you have it folks LMAO

Ball Buster
02-07-2016, 02:15 AM
Watching tonights game.. the Spurs players, coaches and fans were a class act giving Kobe a nice ovation and props after the game. I don't know why, but sometimes I get a little choked up at the end of these KFT games... Christ, it's starting to hit me. This is it. This shit's about to be over, same with Timmy, and ole left ball Ginobili

DMC
02-07-2016, 02:16 AM

DMC
02-07-2016, 02:17 AM
Watching tonights game.. the Spurs players, coaches and fans were a class act giving Kobe a nice ovation and props after the game. I don't know why, but sometimes I get a little choked up at the end of these KFT games... Christ, it's starting to hit me. This is it. This shit's about to be over, same with Timmy, and ole left ball Ginobili

GiNOBALLi

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2016, 02:57 AM
lol pos calling out another pos jordan of his generation...

daslicer
02-07-2016, 03:00 AM

:lol Another reason for Spur fans to hate Tony but this time around I can't argue it.

Benoit
02-07-2016, 03:02 AM

The 4th best Spur of all time is a pos?

ChumpDumper
02-07-2016, 03:50 AM
lol OP needs to go back to his original screen name.

Thread
02-07-2016, 03:53 AM
lol OP needs to go back to his original screen name.

That won't change what Parker said.

He said it.

daslicer
02-07-2016, 03:54 AM

He said it.

Your right and it won't change the Lakers losing the lottery in '15.

Thread
02-07-2016, 03:56 AM
Your right and it won't change the Lakers losing the lottery in '15.

Stings, don't it? That Parker would say that aloud, for the world to see, to hear. I didn't see anybody put a gun to his head.

He said it.

Benoit
02-07-2016, 04:57 AM
Derrick Rose? OK cross that one out

Dwyane Wade? He is a NBA Finals rival of Duncan but OK we won't count him

Dirk? One of the Spurs biggest rivals and a guy that played the same position as Duncan and guarded him? OK we can even ignore that one

Tony Parker? His long time teammate and fellow Spurs legend? You cant dissmiss that. That tells us all we need to know about this so called debate

Thread
02-07-2016, 07:16 AM
Tony Parker? His long time teammate and fellow Spurs legend? You cant dissmiss that. That tells us all we need to know about this so called debate

You coulda knocked me over with a feather.

Splits
02-07-2016, 07:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/qcg4F7u.png

Thread
02-07-2016, 07:37 AM
& Pop, bless his heart was a mirror image of his PG:::“It was like watching Michael [Jordan],” Popovich said.

ambchang
02-07-2016, 07:45 AM
Because calling a guy that copied his entire life after Jordan is such a shock.

Because everyone is expecting anyone to call a PF the next Jordan.

What a bunch of morons.

Texas_Ranger
02-07-2016, 09:18 AM
well he won't say Tim was the Jordan, cause those two don't play similar at all. But if you're a SG and copy everything from MJ then yes I can see why someone would say it.

TDMVPDPOY
02-07-2016, 10:06 AM
a pos who tried mimicking a pos who copied another pos...

lol enrique the pos who thought he was franchise player, mvp candidate, the same pos who went out married a latine, same pos who thought he can fight by taking a bottle to the head, t he same pos who got jealous of a team mate outplaying him for fmvp that he decided to chuck the series just like that cripple pos in 04

Koolaid_Man
02-07-2016, 10:15 AM
well he won't say Tim was the Jordan, cause those two don't play similar at all. But if you're a SG and copy everything from MJ then yes I can see why someone would say it.

Calling someone the MJ of your generation simply means you thought he was the best player of your generation.....I know it stings coming from Parker but honesty is the best policy :lol

Tony loves Tim they rang together so nothing will take that away...its just like Dwade saying Kobe was better than Lebron while he was still playing with Lebron....you just can't ask these players to lie or think like the typical dumbass fan :lol

Koolaid_Man
02-07-2016, 10:30 AM

He said it.

He's always favored Kobe....and this is the kind of stuff that reminds us that we picked the right guy to cheer for....its huge coming from Parker to be honest...here is his previous quote...

“I’m a big fan of his game, for me (he) is the best player in the NBA,” Parker said. “He has done so many things against us in the playoffs … because he has the ‘killer instinct’, he’ll bring the hot shots, and that’s what makes the difference between him and LeBron. LeBron is very strong but Kobe is the best …”

Koolaid_Man
02-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Cully you were right about Duncan he's salty and jealous of Kobe..:lol

This is all he had to say...:lol I guess if people ignored me and i won 5 titles too and was worth $500 million less..I'd be salty as fuck too....what's so funny about this quote is the fact that it sounds like something he should have recognized about Gil you know the guy that stole his wife::lmao

Duncan: “He was someone you had to keep an eye on, you had to worry about, you had to fear, because he was going to bring it.”

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Does any modern player say "player X was the Kareem/Wilt/Moses of our generation"? #bigmenbias:wakeup

Buddy Mignon
02-07-2016, 10:57 AM

What a bunch of morons.

You're missing the point, amb. The media tried to convince the world that Kobe could have been replaced by TMac, or Vince, or Grant... but your own brass says he was the Jordan of his era. That simply means... he had no rival... he's by far the best of his time. They could have compared him to Dr. J, or Drexler, but they chose Jordan.

Case closed.

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 10:59 AM
You're missing the point, amb. The media tried to convince the world that Kobe could have been replaced by TMac, or Vince, or Grant... but your own brass says he was the Jordan of his era. That simply means... he had no rival... he's by far the best of his time. They could have compared him to Dr. J, or Drexler, but they chose Jordan.

Case closed.

Kareem: Timmay > Kirby #caseclosed:wakeup

Buddy Mignon
02-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Does any modern player say "player X was the Kareem/Wilt/Moses of our generation"? #bigmenbias:wakeup

They said Shaq was the Wilt. Kareem has escaped comparison due to his classic shot. Dirk is compared to Bird. Lebron to Magic, Duncan to Daugherty. You get it?

Aztecfan03
02-07-2016, 11:02 AM

What a bunch of morons.

Trolls gonna troll

Or you could be right that they are just morons.

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 11:03 AM

Last I checked Jordan & Kirby played the same position but Timmay played PF/C. I never heard Shaq being compared to Jorn when he was steam rolling the league but yet Kirby/Wince/T-Bag were being compared to Jorn during that period.....I wonder why?

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 11:05 AM
They said Shaq was the Wilt. Kareem has escaped comparison due to his classic shot. Dirk is compared to Bird. Lebron to Magic, Duncan to Daugherty. You get it?

Nope, Timmay is his own thing & not a knockoff version of a legend like Kirby b/c he's the standard all PFs are/will be measured against. BYE!

Kawhitstorm
02-07-2016, 11:09 AM

I get it, Timmay is incomparable.:wakeup

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:12 AM
a pos who tried mimicking a pos who copied another pos...

lol enrique the pos who thought he was franchise player, mvp candidate, the same pos who went out married a latine, same pos who thought he can fight by taking a bottle to the head, t he same pos who got jealous of a team mate outplaying him for fmvp that he decided to chuck the series just like that cripple pos in 04

Though you'd be light just about the entire way without that pos.

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Nope, Timmay is his own thing & not a knockoff version of a legend like Kirby b/c he's the standard all PFs are/will be measured against. BYE!

They were selling your shit because of that tired old shit bag.

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Trolls gonna troll

Or you could be right that they are just morons.

Christ-a-mighty, ya won the game. Take joy in that. A 3 minute Super 8 home movie doesn't change that, does it?

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:15 AM

Case closed.

Yep...

“It was like watching Michael [Jordan],” Popovich said.

UZER
02-07-2016, 11:23 AM
They were selling your shit because of that tired old shit bag.

They never sold anything.

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:26 AM
They never sold anything.

My ass, Ooze.

UZER
02-07-2016, 11:28 AM
My ass, Ooze.

They never sold our shit. Plain and simple. Anything else is an outright fabrication.

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:32 AM
They never sold our shit. Plain and simple. Anything else is an outright fabrication.

They were selling your shit on the TV, Ooze.

UZER
02-07-2016, 11:33 AM
They were selling your shit on the TV, Ooze.

Never sold it.

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Never sold it.

My ass, Ooze.

MultiTroll
02-07-2016, 11:35 AM
:lol Duncan has inspired so many posts by Insecure Laker Troll.

Thread
02-07-2016, 11:39 AM
:lol Duncan has inspired so many posts by Insecure Laker Troll.

Pop & Parker are the chief catalysts now.

ambchang
02-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Case closed.

That's not what next Jordan means. Next Jordan is a playing style, not dominance. Kobe didn't model his game after dr j or drexler, he copied mj. He came in close, closer than anyone else in fact, but sometimes a facsimile is a facsimile. It's just not the original. Duncan will never be the next Jordan because one is a PF and the other is a SG.

DMC
02-07-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't know about all those platitudes, however I do know the Spurs won. I checked the score. I tried watching the game but every time I switched over someone was at the FT line. I can't stomach it, I won't.

Benoit
02-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Do Spur fans still like Parker after he spoke the truth?

Splits
02-12-2016, 01:00 AM

Nobody likes you, that's apparent. If anyone on this board ever saw your face, they'd be like :lol det nigga I'm gonna go Childs on his ass

http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvmunNzox1qjkukyo1_500.gif

Childs

Thread
02-12-2016, 01:34 AM
Nobody likes you, that's apparent. If anyone on this board ever saw your face, they'd be like :lol det nigga I'm gonna go Childs on his ass

http://45.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwvmunNzox1qjkukyo1_500.gif

Childs

Gee, after 4 days I'd a thought this was going to be a post citing Parker changing his mind.

DMC
02-12-2016, 08:57 AM

Makes sense mathematically.

Jordan is 1
Kobe is 12
The next Jordan will be 123.