PDA

View Full Version : Studying it closer... Ray Allen was Danny's responsibility there.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-07-2016, 03:34 AM
If you're not going to box anyone out, you can't just stand there and watch your man drift to the corner for an open 3. It's a cardinal rule which applies to the entire game, not just the end of games by any means. Green was literally guarding nobody on that entire possession, didn't box anyone out, and didn't recover in time..... which led to ultimate disaster.

Shot goes up, you either have to a) put a body on somebody, or b) recover to your man. Green just stood there in the paint and jumped up like a yuppie at a party. At least Manu tried to contest the rebound and Parker tried to recover to Allen. Green was doing absolutely nothing, and physically and positionally was likely Allen's man. You've got to be determined there... priority #1 is that Ray Allen of all guys doesn't get a three. You can live with the Lebron hoists, a contested shot from a different player, two free throws... but no matter what, no Allen threes and no and-ones.

Green has talent and plays well on defense positionally when he tries, but his brain farts make him less than ideal to have in the starting lineup going against superstars on contending teams in the playoffs.

Emperor
02-07-2016, 08:21 AM
My ass was halfway outside the door ready to head downtown to celebrate. I don't want to remember too much of that time please.

MultiTroll
02-07-2016, 09:30 AM
When Bosh puts up the shot Punk Parker has absolutely NO reason to leave Ray Allen.
It's on Porker.

exstatic
02-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Everyone on that play did the wrong thing. Green was inexplicably trying to leak out on a break, Parker lost Allen, and Manu, instead of swiping at Bosh, and maybe knocking the ball loose, or at worst drawing a 2 shot foul, tries to flop.

Budkin
02-07-2016, 01:59 PM
5 made it all go away

spursistan
02-07-2016, 02:00 PM
:cry It still hurts :cry

spurs10
02-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Are y'all talking about 2014 when the San Antonio Spurs beat the defending champion Miami Heat by the largest point differential in the history of the NBA Finals? Because if you are not, you have your thoughts in the wrong place in my humble opinion.
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

DarrinS
02-07-2016, 04:16 PM
5 made it all go away

BatManu20
02-07-2016, 04:36 PM
https://45.media.tumblr.com/09f2c1c01fb22305e736546a40899d6b/tumblr_n3ugklAozl1t4wj80o1_500.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
02-08-2016, 01:40 AM
5 made it all go away
Nah. The defining moment of the TD/Pop era will always and forever be 6. Even after the following year's jihad tour, even if we win one this year or next year and ride off TD/Manu into the sunset, and/or Kawhi keeps the Spurs in championship contention for the next ten years, the most memorable moment of the franchise will have occurred on the fateful evening of Tuesday, June the eighteenth of the year twenty-thirteen. The sting will never, ever, ever go away, even in thirty-seven years when medical research will have found the cure for all cancers and the prevention of all pains. Fans like me will always and forever be tormented by 6.

T Park
02-08-2016, 01:49 AM
jesus christ let it go.

They won the next year, they weren't the better team in 2013, thats how it is.

Move the F on.

cjw
02-08-2016, 02:11 AM
I'm sure Denver fans forgot about the beat down the suffered a couple of years ago after tonight's game. They had to wait two years and there was a lot of turnover on the roster.

Spurs returned the same guys and won it the following year. I don't even care about it anymore. 2014 will be remembered as their greatest triumph because of the retribution.

spurs10
02-08-2016, 02:39 AM
Nah. The defining moment of the TD/Pop era will always and forever be 6. Even after the following year's jihad tour, even if we win one this year or next year and ride off TD/Manu into the sunset, and/or Kawhi keeps the Spurs in championship contention for the next ten years, the most memorable moment of the franchise will have occurred on the fateful evening of Tuesday, June the eighteenth of the year twenty-thirteen. The sting will never, ever, ever go away, even in thirty-seven years when medical research will have found the cure for all cancers and the prevention of all pains. Fans like me will always and forever be tormented by 6. When the clock ran out on June 5, 2014 I thought to myself, "they did it...they f*cking did it!" That will be the "defining moment" for me without a doubt. That comeback will go down in history as one of the greatest sports "redemption stories" of all time. The loss is what makes it such a powerful and lasting story!
:flag:

UNT Eagles 2016
02-08-2016, 03:08 AM
I'm sure Denver fans forgot about the beat down the suffered a couple of years ago after tonight's game. They had to wait two years and there was a lot of turnover on the roster.

Spurs returned the same guys and won it the following year. I don't even care about it anymore. 2014 will be remembered as their greatest triumph because of the retribution.
Don't think that's a good comparison. A beat down, like SEA-DEN in 2013 or MIA-OKC in 2012 is livable for the losing team.

To be up by 5 points with 28 seconds, needing only one stop and one rebound in the closeout game six for all the marbles,

To be up by 5 runs with two out and one on, with the count 1–2, bottom of the ninth inning with your normally reliable young closer at the mound, in the closeout game six of the biggest stage of them all,

To be at the one-yard line, needing a touchdown to win the game with three downs to get there, with the best running back and running QB in the league on your side, with 30 seconds left in the biggest game of them all,

..... those are all just impossible to take as a fan. Impossible to not be permanently scarred after having lived through such a travesty.

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-08-2016, 03:12 AM
^ That schtick's been done. You're late.

Spurs 4 The Win
02-08-2016, 04:45 AM
Nah. The defining moment of the TD/Pop era will always and forever be 6. Even after the following year's jihad tour, even if we win one this year or next year and ride off TD/Manu into the sunset, and/or Kawhi keeps the Spurs in championship contention for the next ten years, the most memorable moment of the franchise will have occurred on the fateful evening of Tuesday, June the eighteenth of the year twenty-thirteen. The sting will never, ever, ever go away, even in thirty-seven years when medical research will have found the cure for all cancers and the prevention of all pains. Fans like me will always and forever be tormented by 6.

I am literally convinced that you are Thread at this point, your shtick is starting to wear thin and sooner or later the less astute members of this site will catch on

UNT Eagles 2016
02-08-2016, 11:49 AM
^ That schtick's been done. You're late.
Better late than never, I suppose?

Kawhitstorm
02-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Manu would have retired if it wasn't for 2013 & folks would still have been yapping about the Spurs not having gone through OKC to win a chip. Not to mention Manu dunking on Bosh & the Spurs being responsible for running LeBron out of town. 2014 was aesthetically the best postseason run in franchise history so no regrets b/c revenge is sweeeeeeeet.:toast

Oh, Porker would have been eternally absolved from ANY criticism (ala Kirby) if the Spurs had closed out Gm 6 w/ Porker heroballin'.:lol

Sean Cagney
02-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Everyone on that play did the wrong thing. Green was inexplicably trying to leak out on a break, Parker lost Allen, and Manu, instead of swiping at Bosh, and maybe knocking the ball loose, or at worst drawing a 2 shot foul, tries to flop.

Perfect storm it was for that to happen and it happened. That is a 1 out of 100 type of thing tbh. I am glad they won the next year to relieve that sting.
Manu would have retired if it wasn't for 2013 & folks would still have been yapping about the Spurs not having gone through OKC to win a chip. Not to mention Manu dunking on Bosh & the Spurs being responsible for running LeBron out of town. 2014 was aesthetically the best postseason run in franchise history so no regrets b/c revenge is sweeeeeeeet.:toast

Oh, Porker would have been eternally absolved from ANY criticism (ala Kirby) if the Spurs had closed out Gm 6 w/ Porker heroballin'.:lolINDEED.

kobyz
02-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Well, Ray Allen was Pop responsibility, if you want to prevent a three, just foul and send them to the line, biggest naiveness in history of sport!!

kobyz
02-08-2016, 03:15 PM
People also need to stop acting like winning year after take away the biggest disappointment, embarrassment, heartbreak and pain that ever be in sport... If you a true fan all of that is hanging in you forever and still hunt you... Spurs would have been right now with at least 6 titles, Duncan with another fmvp and would be rank second all time by espn in their list that they made right now...

UNT Eagles 2016
02-08-2016, 07:18 PM
People also need to stop acting like winning year after take away the biggest disappointment, embarrassment, heartbreak and pain that ever be in sport... If you a true fan all of that is hanging in you forever and still hunt you... Spurs would have been right now with at least 6 titles, Duncan with another fmvp and would be rank second all time by espn in their list that they made right now...
Yes. And we would have kept our 100% finals record like Jordan.