PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: The 12 and its consequences

Brazil
02-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Kobe is still playing on rock star retirement tour with standing ovations, Kobe is MJ of this generation, the tribute vids... and yet ESPN mass media per excellence dropped the 12 ... At this pace Kobe is gonna be out of top 20 pretty quickly... we know that kobe legend with advanced metrics is not gonna age well but that fast 12 ?

Is the 12 the turning point and the symbol of Kobe marginalization ?

baseline bum
02-08-2016, 10:25 AM
We can thank Dirk for The Skunker that effectively ended his competitive career, though he was still somehow able to make Fredo light 48.5.

ambchang
02-08-2016, 11:04 AM
12 is actually on the high side. I can see arguments for him in the 12 to 15 range, but I would put him in the lower end of that range.

He is the best of all time in terms of manipulating the media and creating his own image and brand. He really is a genius in that arena, and pretty much other than Jordan, there isn't another person even comparable.

He had a career similar to John Havlicek. Extremely long and productive career. A second banana for the first number of rings (first 6 for Havlicek, first 3 for Kobe), the final 2 as the perceived main guy even though there is another guy who is really the better player/more integral player on the team (Dave Cowens and MVPau) in some of the weakest era in NBA history, most missed shots in NBA history, volume shooter, image of a hard-nose warrior, high volume shooter who also passes and rebounds, not that great on advanced stats, etc ...

But no one in their right minds will ever put Havlicek in the top 10, or even top 20. You can put him in the top 35 if you are being generous, and yet Kobe is ranked 12th.

spurraider21
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Splits
02-08-2016, 12:58 PM
If he would have hung it up early, at the ripe young age of 33 (his last playoff game), the myth he built around himself could have survived. He severely damaged his legacy when he was exposed for what he is. And I for one am quite grateful he didn't.

Thread
02-08-2016, 01:01 PM
If he would have hung it up early, at the ripe young age of 33 (his last playoff game), the myth he built around himself could have survived. He severely damaged his legacy when he was exposed for what he is. And I for one am quite grateful he didn't.

Like you'd ever give anything but a jaundiced eye over him.

Blind hatred, that's all you know, sweetheart. One time. One fucking time in your entire NBA Forum existence have you given instead of taken. And I still got the fuckin' thing in my virtual WGT bag.

Love always,

- Dale

Splits
02-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Like you'd ever give anything but a jaundiced eye over him.

Blind hatred, that's all you know, sweetheart. One time. One fucking time in your entire NBA Forum existence have you given instead of taken. And I still got the fuckin' thing in my virtual WGT bag.

Love always,

- Dale

Bend over, I'll show you fuckin' jaundiced.

Thread
02-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Bend over, I'll show you fuckin' jaundiced.

You're incapable, therefore ineligible of judging Kobe, Splits. I, on the other hand, I am able to be impartial and can judge Duncan for that near neanderthal he is really is.

Splits
02-08-2016, 01:15 PM
You're incapable, therefore ineligible of judging Kobe, Splits. I, on the other hand, I am able to be impartial and can judge Duncan for that near neanderthal he is really is.

Wrong again. You're an admitted racist and therefore incapable of fairly judging either.

Thread
02-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Wrong again. You're an admitted racist and therefore incapable of fairly judging either.

And I am sick, and more than a little tired of you implying that I am racist. I don't care for the implication one iota.

Splits
02-08-2016, 01:41 PM
And I am sick, and more than a little tired of you implying that I am racist. I don't care for the implication one iota.

Implying?

Dale is an old school Barry Goldwater racist: http://www.thenation.com/article/exclusive-lee-atwaters-infamous-1981-interview-southern-strategy/

Yep, until he got close to the grave and married some lib woman. Then he turned.

Me? I'll never turn.

You flat out admitted it.

And I cited it. Me.

DMC
02-08-2016, 01:42 PM
12 is better than the 25 he got a couple years back while he was still doing 25/6/6.

ESPN isn't the prayer book of settlements, but it's been cited enough here to hold water.

Again, it's not the 12 that matters, but the 21 that is going to come before it.

http://t01.deviantart.net/tEXa0YPs8WgW8Pe9zA9NlHGSb7A=/300x200/filters:fixed_height(100,100):origin()/pre08/f8a6/th/pre/i/2006/020/d/1/2112_clock_by_ekofu.jpg

Thread
02-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Implying?

You flat out admitted it.

And I cited it.

That was egregious of Barry, Splits. That fucker sittin' up in that 4 room hospital suite on his death bed,,,taking visits from every fuckin' enemy of mine.

And that gd "Stonewall" Atwater did the same gd thing when he was felled with cancer. Called every black man in the phone book to apologize.

I'd put a gun in my mouth if I ever get cancer. Well, at least I'll try. I ain't goin' out like that, begging, pissin', moanin, about the NBA Forum and you fellows.

Splits
02-08-2016, 01:50 PM
That was egregious of Barry, Splits. That fucker sittin' up in that 4 room hospital suite on his death bed,,,taking visits from every fuckin' enemy of mine.

And that gd "Stonewall" Atwater did the same gd thing when he was felled with cancer. Called every black man in the phone book to apologize.

I'd put a gun in my mouth if I ever get cancer. Well, at least I'll try. I ain't goin' out like that, begging, pissin', moanin, about the NBA Forum and you fellows.

My case. Rested.

And take a visit from me. I'll pull the trigger.

Thread
02-08-2016, 01:53 PM
My case. Rested.

And take a visit from me. I'll pull the trigger.

Get in line,,,it'll be long, distinguished and integrated.

Brazil
02-08-2016, 03:33 PM
12 is better than the 25 he got a couple years back while he was still doing 25/6/6.

ESPN isn't the prayer book of settlements, but it's been cited enough here to hold water.

Again, it's not the 12 that matters, but the 21 that is going to come before it.

http://t01.deviantart.net/tEXa0YPs8WgW8Pe9zA9NlHGSb7A=/300x200/filters:fixed_height(100,100):origin()/pre08/f8a6/th/pre/i/2006/020/d/1/2112_clock_by_ekofu.jpg

with all the tributes during his retirement tour he was due to climb a bit but to end short of top 10 ... Some years ago dude was on the top 5 conversation or near that... For the non mexican mass, this 12 seals it he is tattooed out of top 10 and that during what should be his glorious tour... pretty sad if you ask me

Medvedenko
02-08-2016, 03:42 PM
Imbecile spur fans debating Kobe's place in history is pure beta and more inferiority that's synonymous with their franchise. The fact that Kobe being ranked by an irrelevant poll is telling.