PDA

View Full Version : Parker to play with France despite wife's pregnancy

phxspurfan
02-08-2016, 08:21 PM
Gettin' my Duncan228 on :hat

http://www.nba.com/2016/news/02/08/tony-parker-to-play-france-olympics.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Parker had raised the possibility of missing the tournament from July 4-10 and the Olympics - if France qualified - because of the expected birth of his second son in July.
But Parker told L'Equipe newspaper Monday that he will be available for both events, saying: "I will be at the Olympics if we qualify."

Kawhitstorm
02-08-2016, 08:29 PM
So he's going to risk a miscarriage playing while carrying a baby?:downspin:

Pauleta14
02-08-2016, 08:58 PM
So he is definitely going to be burnt out at best next season. The best might actually be an injury (not too bad ^^) to force the Spurs to hire a strong back-up...

spurs10
02-08-2016, 09:07 PM
So he's going to risk a miscarriage playing while carrying a baby?:downspin: I guess so! :wow

apalisoc_9
02-08-2016, 09:14 PM
With Manu and TD retiring most likely..this is terrible news. Weven seen how deadly a kawhi/TP two man game...aldridge is not.going to cut it.

EVAY
02-09-2016, 09:57 AM
So he's going to risk a miscarriage playing while carrying a baby?:downspin:

The baby is due in July - you may not be aware of this, but the WOMAN is actually the one carries the baby and delivers it. There may be a question about whether or not the father is PRESENT for the delivery, but his presence at a basketball game is unlikely to effect the ability of Axelle to carry the baby. There has been no hint that she would try to go with him. Isn't that what they were negotiating between the two of them? Whether or not he would risk going if she hadn't delivered yet?

Kawhitstorm
02-09-2016, 10:00 AM
The baby is due in July - you may not be aware of this, but the WOMAN is actually the one carries the baby and delivers it. There may be a question about whether or not the father is PRESENT for the delivery, but his presence at a basketball game is unlikely to effect the ability of Axelle to carry the baby. There has been no hint that she would try to go with him. Isn't that what they were negotiating between the two of them? Whether or not he would risk going if she hadn't delivered yet?

There is an app for that...:wakeup

EVAY
02-09-2016, 10:01 AM
I wish he wouldn't play in any more summer seasons at all because he is obviously so fragile, but just like Manu, he wants to play for his national team as long as he can.

The Spurs FO could always block him if they felt strongly enough about it, as they did for Manu - but the timing of Axelle's delivery is one of his being present for it, not whether or not SHE or the baby would be endangered. She is due in the same month as the Olympics, so fairly certain she is not going to be attending.

Chinook
02-09-2016, 12:30 PM
I wish he wouldn't play in any more summer seasons at all because he is obviously so fragile, but just like Manu, he wants to play for his national team as long as he can.

The Spurs FO could always block him if they felt strongly enough about it, as they did for Manu - but the timing of Axelle's delivery is one of his being present for it, not whether or not SHE or the baby would be endangered. She is due in the same month as the Olympics, so fairly certain she is not going to be attending.

This is Parker's last ride, he said. So I think he'll be focused completely on the Spurs (basketball-wise at least) after this summer. It may not be all that important if Tim and Manu retire anyway. It would make sense to use next season to figure out how Parker can age, next to LMA and Kawhi (his Indian summer has pushed that all back this season) while training a rookie to take over for Patty.

Fireball
02-09-2016, 12:42 PM
I guess Becky told him it is ok to play ...