PDA

View Full Version : How much will OU beat texas by?

Marcus Bryant
09-23-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm feeling 10.

Duff McCartney
09-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I think even if Texas what is that really gonna accomplish? Nothing. Yeah sure Mack Brown can beat OU when they are without their Heisman QB, and got gutted in the draft, and they have a sorry ass QB.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-23-2005, 06:47 PM
If OU does beat Texas, then I will cease all sooner and aggie scoffing in this board, at least until UT beats the fuck outta their agriculturer counterparts at the end of the season. Maybe even longer than that.

Quote me on it. I'll really refrain from all scoffage.

Mr Dio
09-23-2005, 07:40 PM
I don't KNOW who WILL win or by how much because then I'd have the #s of the winning lottery tkt.

I do feel however that ou will lose the game by dbl digits.
No matter the excuse/reason, I feel ou will LOSE.

IF UT loses, they lose.
No whining excuse about not having Ricky Williams..They lose if they lose PERIOD.

Horry For 3!
09-23-2005, 08:25 PM
You shall eat the crow.

hussker
09-23-2005, 08:28 PM
t.u. shall whip OU. By 17 at least...and that still might not cover the Vegas spread which will likely be 20 on the books.

spurs=bling
09-23-2005, 08:55 PM
You shall eat the crow.
:tu you got it right horry. remember what happend to the pistons & the lakers they LOST.

Willinsa
09-23-2005, 09:35 PM
As many as aggy beat a div II-A school. :lol :lol :lol

Jimcs50
09-23-2005, 09:54 PM
Texas will win by 40 pts or I will buy wine for everyone.

ShoogarBear
09-23-2005, 10:12 PM
In the world, Jim?

Mr Dio
09-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Texas will win by 40 pts or I will buy wine for everyone

How about just beer? Crown or Appleton's rum will also suffice.

samikeyp
09-24-2005, 12:10 AM
I think even if Texas what is that really gonna accomplish? Nothing. Yeah sure Mack Brown can beat OU when they are without their Heisman QB, and got gutted in the draft, and they have a sorry ass QB.

It will be a major psychological victory.

bigzak25
09-24-2005, 02:31 AM
i am actually hoping to a UT vs USC Championship game...

so i say UT pulls this one out...Go Horns!

Kdfelicity
09-24-2005, 11:54 AM
It will be a major psychological victory.

That's what it's always about...UT always psyches thereselves out before they even step foot on the field when they play the freakin sooners...It pisses the shit out of me. If OU does happen to win, I'm gonna pissed off like every other year, only this time it's just gonna be sad in the pathetic sort of way.

Kdfelicity
09-24-2005, 11:57 AM

Jim you said that for the Ohio State and Texas game and I haven't seen anything. You gotta stop making promises...it's very off-putting...

Oscar DeLa
09-24-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't know what it is but I think Texas will beat the shit out of OU

Jimcs50
09-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Jim you said that for the Ohio State and Texas game and I haven't seen anything. You gotta stop making promises...it's very off-putting...

I did, I bought a nice bottle of Pinot last night for our friends at Cafe Eccell.

Sice they were the only ones that showed up for dinner, they were "everyone".

:)

Mr Dio
09-24-2005, 06:29 PM
That's what it's always about...UT always psyches thereselves out before they even step foot on the field when they play the freakin sooners...It pisses the shit out of me. If OU does happen to win, I'm gonna pissed off like every other year, only this time it's just gonna be sad in the pathetic sort of way.

You should've seen UT on the sidelines during the OSU game in Columbus. They were not intimidated at all. Towards the end of the game the UT players on the field started doing their sideline routine to the OSU crowd, egging the crwod on to give'em more noise. Different team this yr KDF.

hussker
09-24-2005, 06:46 PM
i am actually hoping to a UT vs USC Championship game...

so i say UT pulls this one out...Go Horns!

t.u. plays LSU for the Nat Championship. t.u. wins it, but what a fight for the Bayou Bengals!

samikeyp
09-24-2005, 09:33 PM
You should've seen UT on the sidelines during the OSU game in Columbus. They were not intimidated at all. Towards the end of the game the UT players on the field started doing their sideline routine to the OSU crowd, egging the crwod on to give'em more noise. Different team this yr KDF

I sure as hell hope so. That "Mack Brown in the fetal position for big games" was getting old.

Kdfelicity
09-24-2005, 11:20 PM
I sure as hell hope so. That "Mack Brown in the fetal position for big games" was getting old.

:lol Me too. I have such high hopes for them, so they better not let me down!!

word
09-24-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm feeling 10.

negative 56

Ginofan
09-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I sure as hell hope the t.u. beats OU this year...wouldn't have see a repeat of this:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/149/vinceyoungcrying375x2668vi.jpg

All in good fun ;)

j-6
09-25-2005, 12:27 AM
I sure as hell hope the t.u. beats OU this year...wouldn't have see a repeat of this:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/149/vinceyoungcrying375x2668vi.jpg

All in good fun ;)

That's such a sad picture. Let me find something more uplifting.

http://www.dominick.ws/photos/Fran%2077-0.jpg

OK, I at least feel better.

Ginofan
09-25-2005, 12:41 AM

:lol nice one.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/1633/youngcry31vh.jpg

Kdfelicity
09-25-2005, 12:42 AM

In all actuality, I'd rather see it the other way around...I'd take A&M over the sooners any day...

j-6
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
:lol nice one.

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/1633/youngcry31vh.jpg

I try, y'know?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/jalbre6/BAYAMscoreboard.jpg

PS- I have Aggies in the family so I keep pictures like this available on short notice. :lol

Ginofan
09-25-2005, 12:53 AM
I try, y'know?

PS- I have Aggies in the family so I keep pictures like this available on short notice. :lol

It's all good :)

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/tuStuff/YoungCry2.jpg

:lol I have obsessive Aggies in the family so they keep me in good supply of smack pics too.

2centsworth
09-25-2005, 10:30 AM
So funny how aggie justifies themselves by another teams success or failure.

LOSER!

NZHayden
09-25-2005, 08:43 PM
Go Ou!

Kdfelicity
09-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Go Ou!

:vomit I seem to always get that queasy feeling when someone says those words...

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-25-2005, 10:31 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Tell me about it. I guess it shouldn't surprise me living in such a "trendy" city like Dallas, but one of the first things I noticed when I got here was the number of OU fans. Even worse, talking to some of them here and there, especially around Red River Shootout time, the majority didn't even go there, just started being fans "in the last couple of years."

I bet they used to be Bulls fans, Pistons fans, Rockets fans, etc. too...

Kdfelicity
09-25-2005, 10:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Tell me about it. I guess it shouldn't surprise me living in such a "trendy" city like Dallas, but one of the first things I noticed when I got here was the number of OU fans. Even worse, talking to some of them here and there, especially around Red River Shootout time, the majority didn't even go there, just started being fans "in the last couple of years."

I bet they used to be Bulls fans, Pistons fans, Rockets fans, etc. too...

They're all Mavericks fans in Tyler and you shoulda seen how much shit I got about liking the Spurs. I always watched Spurs games in my apartment by myself, no one else would watch them with me...And even worse, one of my good friends in Tyler was a Laker fan. She despised my "Lakers Suck" shirt.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-25-2005, 10:58 PM
:lol That's awesome, I have one of those Lakers Suck shirts too. Sounds like great minds think alike :D

You think that's bad, I am one of only 4 Spurs fans in the entire building at work (250 people), and all of management has season tickets to the Mavs.

The playoffs were a very rough time there for a while, but the four of us had the last laugh. The smack has already started though with the Finley signing, I guess they'll never learn...

Kdfelicity
09-25-2005, 11:07 PM
:lol That's awesome, I have one of those Lakers Suck shirts too. Sounds like great minds think alike :D

You think that's bad, I am one of only 4 Spurs fans in the entire building at work (250 people), and all of management has season tickets to the Mavs.

The playoffs were a very rough time there for a while, but the four of us had the last laugh. The smack has already started though with the Finley signing, I guess they'll never learn...

Oooo. That's rough. At least you found some Spurs fans. I could never even talk about the Spurs. I had to contain my excitement and that was when they won the championship(2003)!!! And see I'm not the type to talk trash really, so I never rubbed us winning in their faces.

Mr Dio
09-25-2005, 11:27 PM
They're all Mavericks fans in Tyler and you shoulda seen how much shit I got about liking the Spurs. I always watched Spurs games in my apartment by myself, no one else would watch them with me...And even worse, one of my good friends in Tyler was a Laker fan. She despised my "Lakers Suck" shirt.

You should've seen the response it got from the people in Cabo last yr.
Locals loved it as well as a few of the Buckeyes I met in OH.
It is time to retire 1 of the shirts but the other 2 I'm keeping.

samikeyp
09-25-2005, 11:44 PM
That's awesome, I have one of those Lakers Suck shirts too. Sounds like great minds think alike

Yes, yes they do! :)

http://www.mailbling.com/goo032.jpg

Willinsa
09-26-2005, 01:30 PM
So funny how aggie justifies themselves by another teams success or failure.

LOSER!

Good point Aggy should stop living thru OU and talk head to head with Texas. Mack is 6-1 aganist aggy and if not for some questionable calls in 99 he can be 7-0.

OU beating UT is an aggy moral victory.

Ginofan
09-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Good point Aggy should stop living thru OU and talk head to head with Texas. Mack is 6-1 aganist aggy and if not for some questionable calls in 99 he can be 7-0.

OU beating UT is an aggy moral victory.

Why don't you ever spell A-G-G-I-E right? If you're trying to be a smartass, you're only making yourself look more retarded.

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Why don't you ever spell A-G-G-I-E right?

You mean..like this:

I sure as hell hope the t.u. beats OU this year

:lol

j-6
09-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Fuck, you beat me to it!

Ballcox
09-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I just hope to God we beat ou this season. My neighbor at the end of my block is an ou grad and flies his big ass ou flag all season long in front of his house. After ou lost their season opener to TCU, I went down to his house late at night and stuck a TCU poster in front of his house, hope he got a laugh out of that!

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if he was an objective ou fan, but he's got blinders on all day. If someone asks me about UT, I think I can give a pretty honest response about our pros and cons, but this ou guy I have to live near is driving me up the wall. Up to this point in living near him, I haven't had any amunition to get back at him in terms of football. Hopefully, my team gives me some much needed amunition this year. Have to beat Missouri first. Also, he doesn't include other 'lesser' sports such as basketball, baseball, etc. when discussing the UT/ou rilvary, figures huh?

Ginofan
09-26-2005, 04:54 PM
You mean..like this:

:lol

Hey "t.u" is pretty easy to understand, but what's the point of "Aggy"? At least when people say "t.u." they know it's some type of smack, but saying "Aggy" could be misinterpreted as coming from a retarded person who doesn't know how to spell it the right way. :lol

samikeyp
09-26-2005, 05:00 PM
I think the point of "Aggy" is the same point as "t.u."....designed to poke fun of that school. Someone who is unfamiliar with the rivalry could question the whole "t.u." thing. Its all smack.

spurs=bling
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
:vomit I seem to always get that queasy feeling when someone says those words...
me too

spurs=bling
09-26-2005, 08:06 PM
Go Ou!
:pctoss

spurs=bling
09-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes, yes they do! :)

http://www.mailbling.com/goo032.jpg

i have a lakers still suck 04' shirt.

Willinsa
09-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Hey "t.u" is pretty easy to understand, but what's the point of "Aggy"? At least when people say "t.u." they know it's some type of smack, but saying "Aggy" could be misinterpreted as coming from a retarded person who doesn't know how to spell it the right way. :lol

It is safe to say that anyone outside of Texas would look at what aggy does and shake their head thinking that they are idiots.

I mean come on you have milkmen on the sidelines doing some nazi signs, your fans and students are idiots (Ex- Dave South, General Mckinney- the aggy leader who was trying his best in Lubbock in 2001 to make sure no goalpost would leave the stadium. Oh yeah he did hit a fellow aggy with his binoculars during the seige. :lol) , and of course you have no cheerleaders.

So I think these are a few things that make aggy look stupid.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-26-2005, 08:52 PM
It is safe to say that anyone outside of Texas would look at what aggy does and shake their head thinking that they are idiots.

I mean come on you have milkmen on the sidelines doing some nazi signs

1. I have never met a fan of a school (outside of Tech and tu) who think the yell leaders look like idiots, most think it is a pretty cool tradition.

2. The nazi thing is very ignorant, considering A&M has put more grads into the officer corps of the various military branches than any other school outside the military academies.

, your fans and students are idiots (Ex- Dave South

Don't judge us by our worst example. Most of us want the guy gone from radio broadcasts. I guess every school has its albatross. Ours is Dave South, tu's is DeLoss.

Willinsa
09-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Smart aggies, got this in an email today.

http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=492538&forum_id=12

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Haha, yeah I already got that one in email. There's a couple of tridelts that work at that store, I'd lay even money that they were working the day the boards were put up.

Willinsa
09-26-2005, 09:49 PM
I have to admit that pic is too funny.

Mr Dio
09-26-2005, 09:57 PM
1. I have never met a fan of a school (outside of Tech and tu) who think the yell leaders look like idiots, most think it is a pretty cool tradition.

People in OH & CA have asked about it & thought it...odd.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Hmm, if anyone from Cali is calling it weird, that's probably a sign that it's in the norm :lol

At first glance outsiders typically find it weird, but if it gets explained in the course of the traditions of our school most football folks find it to be a great tradition.

batman2883
09-27-2005, 08:22 AM

How about a nice bottle of Patron and you got a deal???? I believe Texas will spank the shit out of OU, but now im hoping not by 40 so that Jim can get us some alcohol...

word
09-29-2005, 01:52 AM
I'm feeling 10.

What year ? 2008 ? Maybe. Hard to tell.

spurs=bling
10-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Texas Wins Big And Ugly At Mizzou, 51-20

Bill Frisbie - Scout.com
October 1, 2005 at 4:38pm ET
There was little worry during Texas' 51-20 win at Missouri that Mack Brown's bunch might drop its conference opener the week before facing You-Know-Who. The only question, for about 30 minutes in Columbia, was when the second-ranked Longhorns would stop beating themselves.

By the time Texas gave Mizzou its undivided attention, the Horns were guilty of a season-high 14 penalties for 135 yards. Texas fumbled four times (losing one), including a pair of fumbles inside the Tiger five-yard line. The hosts were just as generous, as Texas tallied three Tiger turnovers into consecutive, one-play scoring drives to open the first half. By the time the dust had settled and the yellow flags had been picked up, the Horns generated 585 yards of offense to raise their record to 4-0 and to notch a W on the road for the 23rd time in the past 24 outings.

"We've got a chance to be really good because we haven't played near our best game yet," Brown said. "There were too many penalties, we turned it over, and we still scored 51 points. We told our guys we can play better than this and we'll have to continue to grow as a team. But the fun thing is we're 4-0 and we don't think we scratched the surface."

There's something about Missouri that brings out the worst, and best, in QB Vince Young . His low-water mark against MU in 2004 (a 3-of-9 showing for 19 yards) is well documented, as is his career-defining turnaround to raise his record to 21-2 as a starter (one 'W' shy of tying Major Applewhite at No. 6 on Texas' all-time list). On Saturday, Young's ball handling was excruciating to behold during the Horns' second and third series, especially given the field position the Horns squandered when it was a tie ball game.

With the game tied at 7, Ramonce Taylor 's KO return of 43 yards set up shop near mid-field, but the Keystone Cops of an offensive series saw Young bobble two snaps out of the 'gun while the Horns were also flagged for a false start penalty. Texas found itself at midfield on its next possession, but the series quickly ended when VY tossed his fifth INT on first down. Young would also fumble later in the half on fourth-and-goal from the three.

And yet he ultimately had his hand in 344 yards of offense. Time and again, the junior signalcaller displays a remarkable proclivity for not only overcoming his self-inflicted adversity but actually thriving as a direst result of it. He posted three dazzling runs of 30+ yards, including a 33-yard TD on the zone read fake to RB Selvin Young , to give Texas a 14-7 lead it would never relinquish. He led all rushers with 108 yards on 13 carries, while adding 236 yards through the air on 15-of-22 passing.

Then there was his play on Texas' next-to-last series of the first half. Like too many of Texas' possessions Saturday, this one initially went into reverse when a holding penalty, a chop block and a QB sack produced a third-and-30 situation from the Longhorn 34. It set the table for vintage Vince. Reminiscent (though not as critical) as his 4th-and-18 scramble at Kansas last season, VY dropped back and, as the pocket collapsed, eluded the grasp who two crashing linemen who would have a wrapped up a normal quarterback. Instead, the Freak of Nature cut left and darted down the left hashmark and didn't stop until he was dragged down 34 yards later. Young followed his dash with a 9-yard keeper, before three straight Selvin Young runs set up first-and-goal from the 10. An open Carter couldn't quite come down with the tall pass in the left corner of the end zone, setting up a 26-yard David Pino field goal to give Texas a 24-13 halftime lead.

"He's a great player, and he makes a lot of plays," MU coach Gary Pinkel said of Young. "He turns an average play into a great play, and he did that several times today. He also plays with a lot more confidence, that's a big difference too, that he's won a lot of games. He's had some comeback games and done a good job."

Likewise, there's something about Missouri that brings out the beast in MLB Aaron Harris . Last season, the senior posted a career-best 18 tackles against the Tigers. On an unseasonably warm Midwest afternoon, Harris tied FS Erick Jackson with a game-high nine stops. Harris set up Texas' first score with his 27-yard INT return of a Brad Smith pass to the MU 3-yard line (credit NT Frank Okam with the hurry). Then, on Texas' first possession, RB Jamaal Charles broke two tackles, stiff-arming a Tiger DB, before high-stepping it into the end zone. The Horns led 7-0 with just 73 seconds ticked from the game clock following Smith's third pick of the season. Harris was in on three straight tackles on MU's first possession of the second quarter when the game was still too-close-for-comfort, throwing Smith for a five-yard loss on 3rd-and-5 from the 28. (You can hear it in the stands when Harris levels the hit.)

Charles probably erased any doubt about who should be Texas' starting RB. He darts like Tony Dorsett, catches like a wideout and blocks like a seasoned TE. He finished with 97 yards on 15 carries (6.5 ypc) and notched the first TD grab of his collegiate career with his 32-yard reception as Texas began to get separation at 21-13. Yet, the starting RB will not necessarily be the featured RB in Texas' tailback-by-committee approach that rolled to 349 net yards on 50 attempts. Teammates rave at how the freshman can "get small," finding the open hole and squeezing through just before it closes. You also gotta love how he doesn't leave his feet when maneuvering through traffic and when trying to pick up tough yardage, preferring to lower his shoulder pads and power for first downs and those precious yards-after-contact.

Sidelined most of September with an ankle injury, Selvin celebrated his 22nd birthday by contributing 65 bruising yards on 11 totes. Young's got heart and power, but not the burst that Charles gives to this offense. Freshman RB Henry Melton also rumbled for 57 yards on nine carries, including a pair of TD plunges.

Taylor finally got in on the offensive act with 55 yards on three catches, both career highs, including a highlight reel 27-yard scoring reception on Texas' first possession of the second half. It was deja vu all over again for the Horns, as the series marched backwards 15 yards (holding penalty, false start) before moving forward. On 2nd-and-10 from the 20, VY stepped out of a collapsing pocket and cut it up field for 36 yards, picking up an extra five following a wicked stiff arm. Then, facing second down from the MU 28, VY spotted RT flaring out into the right flat. The pass was tall but RT went up for it like it was an ally-oop assist, turned on the jets down the right sideline before going airborne and extending the ball over the pylon just as he was being shoved out of bounds. Hard to believe that it was the first TD reception of Taylor's Longhorn career. It was this five-play scoring drive that spotted Texas a 31-13 lead and, for all intents and purposes, signaled a point-of-no-return for the Tiger offense.

Smith can't be counted out even against above-average defenses, but this may be a Longhorn D for the ages. He entered the game rated No. 3 nationally in total offense (362.3 ypg) but finished with just 57 yards rushing on 25 carries. He completed 19-of-37 passes for 181 yards after averaging just under 250 ypg through the air. The Texas D forced the turnovers that led directly to Texas' first three TDs, posted four sacks and forced seven punts.

Missouri's revamped spread offense lived up to billing during the early going as Brown admitted the Tigers' no-huddle offense caught Texas by surprise. The Tigers responded to Texas' one-play scoring drive with an 11-play, 87-yard march that featured option tosses, counter treys, and draw plays before Jimmy Jackson took a deep hand off before crossing the goal line from 12 yards out. Mizzou took advantage of Texas' inability to provide weakside containment, running counters and play action against the grain, resulting in a 13-play, 80-yard drive that would have knotted the affair at 14 had not the Tiger PAT attempt ricocheted off the right upright.

Missouri averaged six ypc during the first quarter but finished the game with just 139 rushing yards on 47 attempt (just under three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust in what had been a high octane, Urban Meyer-esque spread attack).

"We were making them block us one-on-one up front by bringing the safety, or bringing Aaron Harris a lot, and then still able to cover them," Brown said. "You can not play them in zone. If you sit back and let (Smith) sit back there, they've got really good receivers, and he's so talented. He is able to look around and find the open guy. They were just killing us to slow death for a while until we started bringing pressure."

PR/CB Aaron Ross displayed some of the speed missing last season when he nursed a nagging hamstring injury. His 29-yard punt return set up Melton's two-yard TD run with 8:46 remaining in the third quarter. Pino's 30-yard PAT attempt (following Jonathan Scott's holding penalty) was wide right as Texas upped its lead, 37-13. But Ross would cap the scoring for Texas midway through the fourth quarter, taking a MU punt 88 yards to the house for Texas' first punt return for TD in two seasons and the first of his career. At 51-13, the Horns had reeled off 37 unanswered points.

Smith led an 11-play, 72-yard scoring drive against a collection of second- and third-teamers as their first score since the first quarter came with just 3:54 remaining and the outcome long since decided.

DE Brian Robison left the game in fourth quarter with an apparent rib injury and did not return. RS-freshman Brian Orakpo filled in for Robison while true freshmen Aaron Lewis and Chris Brown took snaps at DE during Missouri's final drive.

"Texas is a great football team, they have a lot of great players and a lot of great plays," Pinkel concluded. "We have to give them credit for that. We're certainly disappointed in how we played, especially in the second half. I think we got a down a little bit and there were a lot of mistakes."

And Texas certainly had its fair share while still managing to roll to a 31-point win. But there is no mistaking the fact that Texas can now turn its attention to Oklahoma . Kickoff is set for high noon, October 8, in the Cotton Bowl.

:elephant :elephant :elephant

Mr Dio
10-01-2005, 10:10 PM
I haven't seen a line but I think the odds are great for a UT win by double digits.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-16-2006, 08:18 PM

ROFL

Agggies are funny because they are such content losers. They are actually good at losing, accepting their failures with grace. You could even say, that by their losing, in a sense, they become winners. :drunk

LaMarcus Bryant
07-16-2006, 08:19 PM
I try, y'know?

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

AGGGIES sure are entertaining. Not as entertaining as my brother Marcus' posts, but then again, he is a pimp.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Why don't you ever spell A-G-G-I-E right? If you're trying to be a smartass, you're only making yourself look more retarded.

:lmao x 5000

Agggies are too much.