PDA

View Full Version : Grizzlies: Marc Gasol Has Broken Foot; Out Indefinitely

BatManu20
02-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Bummer. Expect the Griz to slide in the rankings.

spursistan
02-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Some awful news on the injury front lately..hopefully the Manu testicle is as bad as it gets for us..

BatManu20
02-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Yea huge loss for MEM. And foot-injuries with big men can often linger.

spursistan
02-09-2016, 06:09 PM
He has been dealing with it for quite some time now..This why you appreciate Pop, tbh..lol regular season wins..

Robz4000
02-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Grizz gonna pull the trigger on breaking up that team now. Wonder where ZBo and Green land? Or maybe even Conley?

Kawhitstorm
02-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Time for the Grizzles to mortgage off Conley/Z-Bo & tank

DMC
02-09-2016, 06:17 PM
You cannot blame Joerger. Hollins was fired after reaching the WCF for the 1st time in team history. Joerger knows the bar is high.

spursistan
02-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Time for the Grizzles to mortgage off Conley/Z-Bo & tank
time to blow up that shit for crying out loud ...their beat writer talk of potential season-ender surgery..also.."7-footer +foot injury = worst injury combination"

Kawhitstorm
02-09-2016, 06:27 PM
time to blow up that shit for crying out loud ...their beat writer talk of potential season-ender surgery..also.."7-footer +foot injury = worst injury combination"
Brook Lopez seems to have gotten over it like Curry's ankle.:wakeup

Kawhitstorm
02-09-2016, 06:47 PM
Grizz gonna pull the trigger on breaking up that team now. Wonder where ZBo and Green land? Or maybe even Conley?

-Z-Bo/Vince(Jordan's guy) to Charlotte for Big Al's expiring contract
-Conley to Utah for Dante Exum & Trever Booker's expiring contract
-Tony Allen/Jeff Green to Chicago for Snell/Noah's expiring contract
-Courtney Lee to the Wizards for Otto Porter (Oubre is better)

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 06:57 PM
That is a major blow to an already up and down team. They need Brandon Wright back in a major way now, but if Marc is out for an extended period, likely means MEM is out of the playoffs. As of today, they only have a 4 game lead on the 8th seed.

Just brutal. Tim ailing. Manu. Gasol. Butler.

Robz4000
02-09-2016, 06:58 PM
-Z-Bo/Vince(Jordan's guy) to Charlotte for Big Al's expiring contract
-Conley to Utah for Dante Exum & Trever Booker's expiring contract
-Tony Allen/Jeff Green to Chicago for Snell/Noah's expiring contract
-Courtney Lee to the Wizards for Otto Porter (Oubre is better)

Grizz won't trade Conley for Exum, that's a massive downgrade. Don't think they trade ZBo and VC for nothing either; add a first round pick and I could see it.

Thread
02-09-2016, 06:59 PM
He always drifted toward the arc in the playoffs anyway. Whoop dee do.

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Really terrible timing for MEM. They are the 5th seed and there's not a lot of time before trade deadline. Do you push for the playoffs (will likely still be in by time deadline roles around) or do you make a swift move now? Just really, really difficult.

Also, other teams aren't the Spurs/Warriors. We take for granted our team can rest guys and still win. The vast majority of the NBA doesn't work that way. Unless you knew he had a fracture or the doctors said it was highly likely one thing would lead to another, hard to fault them.

Thread
02-09-2016, 07:03 PM
Really terrible timing for MEM. They are the 5th seed and there's not a lot of time before trade deadline. Do you push for the playoffs (will likely still be in by time deadline roles around) or do you make a swift move now? Just really, really difficult.

Also, other teams aren't the Spurs/Warriors. We take for granted our team can rest guys and still win. The vast majority of the NBA doesn't work that way. Unless you knew he had a fracture or the doctors said it was highly likely one thing would lead to another, hard to fault them.

Of course,,,nobody is going to question their actions, or, motives. No way.

spursistan
02-09-2016, 07:04 PM
That is a major blow to an already up and down team. They need Brandon Wright back in a major way now, but if Marc is out for an extended period, likely means MEM is out of the playoffs. As of today, they only have a 4 game lead on the 8th seed.

Just brutal. Tim ailing. Manu. Gasol. Butler.

Their closing schedule is brutal..if he comesback for the stretch run, i could see them cling to 8th/7th seed, otherwise they could seriously be out of it with the way the Blazers have been hanging around.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Caz1_94UUAA0dNm.png

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 07:06 PM
The rough part is the trade deadline approaching. If it were 4 weeks out, they would have time. Now? They have to decide on a team that will be in the playoff race at the trade deadline.

Thread
02-09-2016, 07:09 PM
The rough part is the trade deadline approaching. If it were 4 weeks out, they would have time. Now? They have to decide on a team that will be in the playoff race at the trade deadline.

How many time were they going to go there (playoffs) short? They didn't have enough when they started this shit and years later they still didn't with Gasol. Stubborn bastards wouldn't change it. No. Absolutely not.

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 07:18 PM
How many time were they going to go there (playoffs) short? They didn't have enough when they started this shit and years later they still didn't with Gasol. Stubborn bastards wouldn't change it. No. Absolutely not.

Thread, not everyone thinks like you (even though Laker fans have changed their tune now that the losing has set in infinitely).

Not everyone can be a San Antonio or MIA/CLE and have legit title hopes every year. Sometimes, being really good (playoffs good) is still fun for a lot of fans. I'm not knocking LA (I am, but I'm not), but after all this embarrassment and losing by Kobe/LA, I think most fans would welcome just a mildly competitive team vs this clown show, no?

Wouldn't a playoff team, even if not a true contender be better to watch than lottery selections over and over and over?

Thread
02-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Thread, not everyone thinks like you (even though Laker fans have changed their tune now that the losing has set in infinitely).

Not everyone can be a San Antonio or MIA/CLE and have legit title hopes every year. Sometimes, being really good (playoffs good) is still fun for a lot of fans. I'm not knocking LA (I am, but I'm not), but after all this embarrassment and losing by Kobe/LA, I think most fans would welcome just a mildly competitive team vs this clown show, no?

Wouldn't a playoff team, even if not a true contender be better to watch than lottery selections over and over and over?

I'd be frustrated. Now? I'm resigned.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2016, 07:22 PM
They don't really have any notable assets, tbh..

Z-Bo, Barnes and Chalmers could be great bench players in situational roles, but I wouldn't be interested in anything else..Conley has become overrated and doesn't fit the assumed role he would take(2nd or 3rd option), Jeff Green is a perennial choker/soft player, and Tony Allen is finished..

Harry Callahan
02-09-2016, 07:23 PM

FWIW, the Spurs were true contenders only two or three years prior in the BD (Before Duncan) years. At least one of those teams had to get by the Magic, Kareem, Worthy lakers in '83 (not likely). I still enjoyed the good SAS teams pre 1997.

Harry Callahan
02-09-2016, 07:24 PM
The Grizzlies are at a crossroads.....Obviously.

Kawhitstorm
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Grizz won't trade Conley for Exum, that's a massive downgrade. Don't think they trade ZBo and VC for nothing either; add a first round pick and I could see it.

They would have to max out Conley to keep him (Mavs maxed out Wes Matthews after he raptured his achilles) & that isn't worth it. They will most likely have to move Gasol (swap for Kevin Love who's 4 years younger) & rebuild from scratch.

Besides, they are better suited dumping Z-Bo/Vince & going after Whiteside to pair with someone like Kevin Love. It's not like there is much of a drop off b/w Z-Bo & a HEALTHY Big Al (who's actually 3 years younger) so team's might as well go after Big Al in the Summer when he become a free agent rather than giving up a 1st rd pick in the teens (which is where Charlotte is projected to pick). Nobody is touching Vince's contract either unless he tags along with someone like Z-Bo.:lol

Robz4000
02-09-2016, 07:51 PM
They would have to max out Conley to keep him (Mavs maxed out Wes Matthews after he raptured his achilles) & that isn't worth it. They will most likely have to move Gasol (swap for Kevin Love who's 4 years younger) & rebuild from scratch.

Besides, they are better suited dumping Z-Bo/Vince & going after Whiteside to pair with someone like Kevin Love. It's not like there is much of a drop off b/w Z-Bo & a HEALTHY Big Al (who's actually 3 years younger) so team's might as well go after Big Al in the Summer when he become a free agent rather than giving up a 1st rd pick in the teens (which is where Charlotte is projected to pick). Nobody is touching Vince's contract either unless he tags along with someone like Z-Bo.:lol

Even if Conley is due a max contract (don't think he gets one personally with how bad he looks this year), the Grizz could get a much better player or pick for him than Exum. Big Al also won't stay in Memphis and the Grizz aren't looking to dump Zbo/VC. Also, they aren't going to trade Fat Gasol a year after maxing him out, nor will they go after Whiteside with a max offer.

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 07:55 PM
100% Conley gets a max offer.

HarlemHeat37
02-09-2016, 08:03 PM
Conley will get the max, and whoever gives it to him will regret it immediately:lol..

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 08:12 PM
And yet Wardell and Co. suffer no calamities.

Lebron was correct. Unreal run of health.

spankadelphia
02-09-2016, 08:13 PM
You cannot blame Joerger. Hollins was fired after reaching the WCF for the 1st time in team history. Joerger knows the bar is high.

I can and I do. He ran Conley into the dirt last year and now he's done the same to Marc. He doesn't give a shit about resting players or developing young talent; all he gives a shit about is his W/L record for his coaching resume. Joerger is done in Memphis and actively angling for the Minny job behind the scenes. Fuck him.

The whole organization is a dumpster fire from top to bottom. No leadership. No asset management. No forward thinking.

spursistan
02-09-2016, 08:15 PM

Ezeli out 4-6 weeks with knee surgery..sneaky bad if it lingers beyond..

spankadelphia
02-09-2016, 08:16 PM

The Warriors have supreme depth. Marc has played major, major minutes the past 3 seasons. And we lost his backup in Free Agency and didn't bother to replace him (Brandan Wright LOL). See our FO signing Ryan Hollins to 3 separate 10 day contracts.

The Grizzlies FO ride pulled up and the clowns are piling in.

Robz4000
02-09-2016, 08:53 PM
100% Conley gets a max offer.

Even with how awful he looks this year?

DPG21920
02-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Even with how awful he looks this year?

No doubt. People will always find a way to talk themselves into it and with the market being so competitive and with a lot of money, he will get it.

Robz4000
02-09-2016, 09:07 PM
No doubt. People will always find a way to talk themselves into it and with the market being so competitive and with a lot of money, he will get it.

Welp, that just enhances my point I guess. Conley is worth much more than Dante Exum.

spursistan
02-10-2016, 01:51 PM

Splits
02-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Of course,,,nobody is going to question their actions, or, motives. No way.

Just like you didn't fault _'Antoni or the rapist for playing 48 a night prior to ruining his career 5 years early.

Thread
02-10-2016, 02:25 PM
Just like you didn't fault _'Antoni or the rapist for playing 48 a night prior to ruining his career 5 years early.

You've nary room. Your Neal raped as well.

spursistan
02-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Spanish sport daily Marca said he will be out 4-6 months and could miss the Olympics..

Marc Gasol is set to be sidelined for almost six months after suffering a fracture in his right foot, meaning that he may not make the Spain team for the Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games to be held in August.
The Spanish centre will miss the rest of the NBA season. Although the Memphis Grizzlies have not provided an estimated recovery time, the injury typically requires around six months of rehabilitation, especially given that Gasol stands 2.16 metres tall. He suffered the fracture during the first period of the Grizzlies' loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday.

http://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2016/02/10/56bb5900268e3efe548b45bf.html

Thread
02-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Spanish sport daily Marca said he will be out 4-6 months and could miss the Olympics..

http://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2016/02/10/56bb5900268e3efe548b45bf.html

The fear of career ending is obviously real.

baseline bum
02-11-2016, 07:10 PM
The fear of career ending is obviously real.

What do you have to fear? Your career ended May 8, 2011.

TheCultOfPersonality
02-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Anyone that gives Mike Conley a max contract despite putting up underwhelming offensive numbers while being one of the worst defensive point guards in the NBA should be fired. No excuse for such stupidity.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-14-2016, 10:20 PM
lol, Worst Gasol... nobody cares

lefty
02-23-2016, 01:14 PM
Officially ruled out for the rest of the season

spursistan
02-23-2016, 04:53 PM

Appears more damaged than they let on...He clearly won't be the same..How the hell do you let him play on it for weeks??

sometimes it is good to have Pop in charge :lol..

spankadelphia
02-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Fire everyone.

spursistan
02-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Fire everyone.
Utterly irresponsible from joerger and co. to let him play on it for like 2 months since the early diagnosis..

spursistan
02-23-2016, 08:22 PM
http://instreetclothes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Capture.png

Awful injury for bigs and old guys..GWS Marc..