PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Which Generation Would Win?

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 07:19 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMUVD02WEAEiEsH.jpg

Give me the 90's Generation. Who y'all got?

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 07:32 PM
00's, but switch out A.I. with Jason Kidd. The 90's don't win a single matchup aside from the SG. Center is a wash. Lebron would drive at will against fatass Barkley, Duncan owns Karl Malone http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duncati01&p2=malonka01#stats::none. And Kidd, an elite PG defender would trouble Stockton.

Arcadian
02-09-2016, 07:33 PM
00s for sure, but replace Lebron with McGrady and Iverson with Nash. (Lebron reached his peak in the current decade, and we don't need two backcourt chuckers playing together.)

djohn2oo8
02-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Handchecking allowed? Then 90s.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM
00's, but switch out A.I. with Jason Kidd. The 90's don't win a single matchup aside from the SG. Center is a wash. Lebron would drive at will against fatass Barkley, Duncan owns Karl Malone http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duncati01&p2=malonka01#stats::none. And Kidd, an elite PG defender would trouble Stockton.

LeHype couldn't guard Barkley either. Dream swept Shaq (not mention what he did Robinson :lol)
Stockton would rough up AI 135lbs ass too. Advantage: 90s

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Handchecking allowed? Then 90s.

This. Plus Barkley would fuck up no post defense playing ass LeHype.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Drexler would come off the bench. Who checks him, D-Whistle? :lol

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 07:43 PM
LeHype couldn't guard Barkley either. Dream swept Shaq (not mention what he did Robinson :lol)
Stockton would rough up AI 135lbs ass too. Advantage: 90s

Shaq was like a 2 year player then while Hakeem was at his absolute peak. Peak 00's Shaq is a wash with Hakeem. And fuck having A.I. on that team. One inefficient chucker is enough in the backcourt. Kidd is a much better fit, and a more well deserved pick over A.I.

Only fear is that Kirby might sink the 00's team trying to outduel Jordan.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Shaq was like a 2 year player then while Hakeem was at his absolute peak. Peak 00's Shaq is a wash with Hakeem. And fuck having A.I. on that team. One inefficient chucker is enough in the backcourt. Kidd is a much better fit, and a more well deserved pick over A.I.

Only fear is that Kirby might sink the 00's team trying to outduel Jordan.

Excuses. Peak Shaq couldn't stop Dream, nor could 2nd year Shaq. Wash my ass.

Kobe and MJ would be must see TV.

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Excuses. Peak Shaq couldn't stop Dream, nor could 2nd year Shaq. Wash my ass.

Kobe and MJ would be must see TV.

Like a sheep being fed to a lion is must see TV?

And :lol thinking Dream could stop peak Shaq.

Do your research, Son.

Here's how they matchup all time in the playoffs:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=olajuha01&p2=onealsh01#stats_playoffs::none

And here's how a 2nd year Shaq did against peak Hakeem:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1995-nba-finals-rockets-vs-magic.html

-Higher shooting percentage and true shooting percentage
-Averaged more rebounds
-Averaged more assists
-Averaged more blocks
-Only averaged 4.8 less points while taking 46 less shots than Dream

What's your counter arguments besides posting highlight clips of the Dream Shake?

I love Dream, but you're kidding yourself if you think Peak Shaq isn't equal to 90's Hakeem.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 08:33 PM

Do your research, Son.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=olajuha01&p2=onealsh01#stats_playoffs::none

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1995-nba-finals-rockets-vs-magic.html

-Averaged more rebounds
-Averaged more assists
-Averaged more blocks

What's your counter arguments besides posting highlight clips of the Dream Shake?

I love Dream, but you're kidding yourself if you think Peak Shaq isn't equal to 90's Hakeem.

Put Kobe next to Dream and your argument ceases. Shaq had Kobe. Dream had...The Jet and a past his prime Drexler (still repeated unlike you know wh:lol).

Kobe made Shaq look better than he was, hence 5>4. Kobe/Dream? It wouldn't be fair tbh.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 08:38 PM
And mid act like Shaq was Mutombo defensively. He may have made a handful of 2nd team all defense teams (maybe one 1st team - I'm too lazy to look it up). Dream would take a wet steaming African shit on Shaq. :lol

Mitch
02-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Shaq, being the best player of that generation, would lead the charge in running a train over the other teams. Iverson might mess it up for them, though.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 08:39 PM
And before you bring up MVPaussy,

Before Kobe: 0
With Kobe: 2
Without Kobe: 0 (and counting)

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 08:44 PM
And mid act like Shaq was Mutombo defensively. He may have made a handful of 2nd team all defense teams (maybe one 1st team - I'm too lazy to look it up). Dream would take a wet steaming African shit on Shaq. :lol

Yeah, except that didn't happen when they both matched up in 1995, when both players were at their peak (Dream) and young (Shaq).

And no, Kobe did not make Shaq look better than he was. What happened when Shaq left town? Miami won a title the next year and Kobe was missing the playoffs. It wasn't, in fact, until MVPau rode into Los Angeles that Kobe and the Lakers became relevant again.

I get your agenda, though. Downplaying the greatest Laker since Magic so you can prop up Kirbs. You can't pitch that curve ball past me, my friend.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Yeah, except that didn't happen when they both matched up in 1995, when both players were at their peak (Dream) and young (Shaq).

And no, Kobe did not make Shaq look better than he was. What happened when Shaq left town? Miami won a title the next year and Kobe was missing the playoffs. It wasn't, in fact, until MVPau rode into Los Angeles that Kobe and the Lakers became relevant again.

I get your agenda, though. Downplaying the greatest Laker since Magic so you can prop up Kirbs. You can't pitch that curve ball past me, my friend.

5>4 refutes your logic. Kobe is the common denominator between Shaq and Pau. For the reading impaired, let's go over this shit one mo ginn:

Shaq before Kobe: 0
Shaq with Kobe: 3
Shaq after Kobe: 1

Pau before Kobe: 0
Pau with Kobe: 2
Pau after Kobe: 0

Aftermath: 5>4>2 capiche? :)

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Not buying Shaq's lazy, fatass dominating Dream in the least:

All-time leader in swats: Dream with 3,830. Dream bests him in rebounding too (in less years played). Defense and rebounding are true measures of a big man. Offensively? All Shaq did was dunk. Dream? Got more post moves than Lurch McHale. Give this Laker Fan Dream over 495lb Shaq.

Pelicans78
02-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Pippen would be at SF for the 90s, not Barkley.

Pelicans78
02-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Pistol Pete wasn't a top 5 player in the 70s.

djohn2oo8
02-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Not buying Shaq's lazy, fatass dominating Dream in the least:

All-time leader in swats: Dream with 3,830. Dream bests him in rebounding too (in less years played). Defense and rebounding are true measures of a big man. Offensively? All Shaq did was dunk. Dream? Got more post moves than Lurch McHale. Give this Laker Fan Dream over 495lb Shaq.
Shaq couldnt guard Dream when Shaq was skinny.

Pelicans78
02-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Earl Monroe would take a big dump on Pistol Pete.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 09:02 PM
Pippen would be at SF for the 90s, not Barkley.

Truth. And he would shut down the likes of LeHype. I've seen Pip guard Malone in the post, Ewing too, as well as Kevin Johnson and other great offensive perimeter players. Phenomenal versatile defender. Best one I've ever seen tbh.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 09:03 PM
Shaq couldnt guard Dream when Shaq was skinny.

That's what I'm trying to tell that young pimple faced farmer :lol Even Magic called him a monster.

Pelicans78
02-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Truth. And he would shut down the likes of LeHype. I've seen Pip guard Malone in the post, Ewing too, as well as Kevin Johnson and other great offensive perimeter players. Phenomenal versatile defender. Best one I've ever seen tbh.

Agreed. Pippen was one of the All-time great defenders. Lebron's game offensive game is purely physical so I'm not sure if he could score efficiently against Pippen.

Arcadian
02-09-2016, 09:10 PM

Do your research, Son.

-Averaged more rebounds
-Averaged more assists
-Averaged more blocks

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

djohn2oo8
02-09-2016, 09:17 PM

Do your research, Son.

-Averaged more rebounds
-Averaged more assists
-Averaged more blocks

Hakeem did that to Shaq while Dream was 32. Dream was a monster in thee 80s too. His playoff numbers always went up.

Silver&Black
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Drexler would come off the bench. Who checks him, D-Whistle? :lol

Pump your brakes, Pedro.

Don't worry about the benches. FFS you can't remember who is on the Lakers current roster. Stick with just the starting lineups...

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 09:26 PM
Pump your brakes, Pedro.

Don't worry about the benches. FFS you can't remember who is on the Lakers current roster. Stick with just the starting lineups...

:lol

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 09:28 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/589434/robin-lopez-o.gif

Cute gif. Didn't they shine shoes det year? Amirite? :yawn:

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 09:36 PM
That's what I'm trying to tell that young pimple faced farmer :lol Even Magic called him a monster.

What part of wash don't you understand?

A 22 year old Shaq averaged only 4.8 less points on much better efficiency against a PEAK Hakeem. He averaged more boards, blocks, and even assists. If you don't think 00's Shaq is making 5 points up, you're insane and simply denigrating Shaq's greatness to prop up 12.

And as far as that "common denominator" bullshit goes:

Kobe sans Phil: 0

Shaq sans Phil: 1

Kobe sans Fisher: Never past the 2nd round.

Fisher sans Kobe: Finals.

:toast

Easy game to play.

midnightpulp
02-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Hakeem did that to Shaq while Dream was 32. Dream was a monster in thee 80s too. His playoff numbers always went up.

30-32 was Hakeem's peak. It just came later than the usual 27-28 for most players.

00's Shaq and 90's Hakeem ain't stopping each other. I don't know why Hernando thinks otherwise, when we actually have proof that Hakeem never stopped Shaq.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 10:04 PM
What part of wash don't you understand?

A 22 year old Shaq averaged only 4.8 less points on much better efficiency against a PEAK Hakeem. He averaged more boards, blocks, and even assists. If you don't think 00's Shaq is making 5 points up, you're insane and simply denigrating Shaq's greatness to prop up 12.

And as far as that "common denominator" bullshit goes:

Kobe sans Phil: 0

Shaq sans Phil: 1

Kobe sans Fisher: Never past the 2nd round.

Fisher sans Kobe: Finals.

:toast

Easy game to play.

Another factor to consider: spacing. Everyone in the 90's lineup can shoot. Layoff Olajuwan - he's got a jumper up to 15 feet. Malone's range is just inside the 3pt line. And we know Chuck, MJ and Stockton can all shoot the 3. Inside game, outside game. Pair Pip with Dream? Easily the two greatest defenders in league history? They would dominate tbh.

LkrFan
02-09-2016, 10:06 PM
30-32 was Hakeem's peak. It just came later than the usual 27-28 for most players.

00's Shaq and 90's Hakeem ain't stopping each other. I don't know why Hernando thinks otherwise, when we actually have proof that Hakeem never stopped Shaq.
:lol

Shaq never stopped Dream either. Especially in the Finals ;)