As Tony would say "definitely."
:rollin

BadOne
02-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Lol, dude averages 10 "you know" statements per minute tbh. :lol

ceperez
02-10-2016, 03:46 PM
You can't expect him to be as sharp as any of these players:

West, Diaw, Anderson, Manu, Mills, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, Green, Simmons, Marjanovic, Bonner or Butler.

he's probably as intelligent as McCallum, but that's a pretty low bar.

In terms of IQ, here the smartest to the dumbest:

Manu
Diaw
Mills
Bonner
Duncan
West
Anderson
Marjanovic
Leonard
Butler
Parker
Green
Simmons
Aldridge
McCallum

The top 5 are off the charts in IQ

Now being a bottom isn't that bad... it could be worse... Javale McGee worst.

sasaint
02-10-2016, 03:52 PM

West, Diaw, Anderson, Manu, Mills, Duncan, Parker, Leonard, Green, Simmons, Marjanovic, Bonner or Butler.

Ouch! Collateral casualty! Why pick on poor Ray? I swear the guy needs to learn how to wave a white towel; then maybe he would get a little love. :lol

Wow! Patty!? :wow

Simmons above Danny, tbh.

ElNono
02-10-2016, 03:54 PM
defitely, defitely

ceperez
02-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Ouch! Collateral casualty! Why pick on poor Ray? I swear the guy needs to learn how to wave a white towel; then maybe he would get a little love. :lol

Wow! Patty!? :wow

Simmons above Danny, tbh.

Patty gives pretty good interviews almost like a coach. Furthermore, Patty has so many creative towel waving moves that its bordering on genius.

I rank Green higher than Simmons just based on his interviews. Simmons however has a much higher basketball IQ. Simmons is a natural when it comes to basketball.

Why pick on Ray? Because he's been a PG all his life and still doesn't know how to run an offense. He hasn't inherited his Dad's coach smarts.

I haven't heard Ray speak though, so I'm a bit biased here.

Twisted_Dawg
02-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Was it Gervin that patented "most definitely" and Kenon who coined "without a doubt"?

lefty
02-10-2016, 04:45 PM
As Tony would say "definitely."
"unbelievable"

Twisted_Dawg
02-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Cadillac Anderson was by far the dumbest fucking Spur we've ever had.

cjw
02-10-2016, 05:01 PM
I hope that's a list of basketball IQ and not actual IQ.

Green is great in interviews and is probably headed to a color analyst / TV role when his playing days are over. I don't think his BBIQ is poor either, he just has some serious limitations to his game. Makes the most of what he has though.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2016, 05:04 PM

Manu
Diaw
Mills
Bonner
Duncan
West
Anderson
Marjanovic
Leonard
Butler
Parker
Green
Simmons
Aldridge
McCallum

Duncan is no lower than 2nd on any list of BBIQ. I would probably put him above Manu. Duncan's grasp of the game is extraordinary.

:lmao at Mills having a higher IQ than Duncan. Fucking really?

Bartleby
02-10-2016, 05:06 PM

I heard Lloyd Daniels wasn't too sharp either.

Bartleby
02-10-2016, 05:08 PM

That's what happens when the ST brain trust tries to assess intelligence.

Mel_13
02-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Now being a bottom isn't that bad

:wow

Spur|n|Austin
02-10-2016, 05:20 PM
"oh ya defitley, defitley"

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2013/0527/dm_130527_nba_tony_parker_interview/dm_130527_nba_tony_parker_interview.jpg

spurs10
02-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Just you know because you know I say you know a lot you know it doesn't mean you know I'm stupid you know!

tmtcsc
02-10-2016, 05:31 PM
defitely, defitely

Especially in "duh Fourf corter". Just had to be aggressive and look for my teammates.

tmtcsc
02-10-2016, 05:32 PM

Don't sleep on Sidney Green and his UNLV edumacation.

BillMc
02-10-2016, 05:32 PM
"oh ya defitley, defitley"

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/2013/0527/dm_130527_nba_tony_parker_interview/dm_130527_nba_tony_parker_interview.jpg

:lol:toast

That said, Tony's English is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than my French, so, really who am I to laugh.

BillMc
02-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Who knows? LaSharkus knows.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Manu
Diaw
Mills
Bonner
Duncan
West
Anderson
Marjanovic
Leonard
Butler
Parker
Green
Simmons
Aldridge
McCallum

Good post. Id put parker over butler though

DMC
02-10-2016, 05:36 PM
"know I mean... we was, know I mean... playin good, know I mean, and know I mean we started turnin' it over know I mean"

It's another way to say "uh" and much better than the ,,,,,,, people here use.

Nathan89
02-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Ceperez giving IQ estimations:wtf

From Downtown
02-10-2016, 05:45 PM
It's difficult to judge somebody's IQ from the outside,even though it's easy to tell Manu,Tim and Bobo are pretty smart guys
LaMarcus maybe isn't as eloquent and witty as some of our other players,but he might also be just not so comfortable talking to the media as he seems (and probably is) a very introverted guy

That said,all those "you know"s are annoying :lol

ceperez
02-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Duncan is no lower than 2nd on any list of BBIQ. I would probably put him above Manu. Duncan's grasp of the game is extraordinary.

I didn't say this was basketball IQ, this is general IQ. It's an estimate and likely just a toss up among the top 5.

If it were basketball IQ, then Simmons would top Green and Parker would be much higher in the list.

Old School 44
02-10-2016, 05:52 PM
Was it Gervin that patented "most definitely" and Kenon who coined "without a doubt"?

Two of my old school favorites.

Ice: "Two in a row make the rooster crow."
Moses: "Fo Fo Fo"

ceperez
02-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Good post. Id put parker over butler though

Yeah possibly. But it takes some IQ to realize that the team's success is more important to one's own personal success. That's what Butler has shown. Heck, he's been supportive to players like Simmons who had the likelihood of booting him out of a spot on the team. That takes courage and intelligence.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2016, 05:56 PM
I didn't say this was basketball IQ, this is general IQ. It's an estimate and likely just a toss up among the top 5.

If it were basketball IQ, then Simmons would top Green and Parker would be much higher in the list.

... and?

Duncan is one of the smartest NBA players to ever walk onto the court. BBIQ, or otherwise.

ceperez
02-10-2016, 06:00 PM
It's difficult to judge somebody's IQ from the outside,even though it's easy to tell Manu,Tim and Bobo are pretty smart guys
LaMarcus maybe isn't as eloquent and witty as some of our other players,but he might also be just not so comfortable talking to the media as he seems (and probably is) a very introverted guy

That said,all those "you know"s are annoying :lol

Maybe, but it takes IQ to be able to express oneself even if you aren't even fluent in a language. Look at Boban, the man can barely speak English but the kind of insight that he's expressing is impressive.

Have you ever listened to the interviews with Mills during the practice. It's like the guy is some kind of coach or something. It's ridiculous!

West is one of the really cerebral guys who has this big picture out look. He's never been in an environment like the Spurs but its impressive how quickly he picks it up.

Leonard is one of those guys with few words, but the kind of improvements he makes season after season is ridiculous. That doesn't happen if you are brain dead.

Finally, I'll tell you why Boris, Mills and Manu hang out too often together... they are at par in terms of smarts.

ceperez
02-10-2016, 06:02 PM
... and?

Duncan is one of the smartest NBA players to ever walk onto the court. BBIQ, or otherwise.

But you are comparing him with other guys who are also equally smart. Manu, Mills, Diaw, Bonner.

Speaking about Bonner... IQ of 134.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2016, 06:04 PM
Finally, I'll tell you why Boris, Mills and Manu hang out too often together... they are at par in terms of smarts.

Surely the fact that they're all foreign born players have nothing to do with it. :lol

ceperez
02-10-2016, 06:05 PM
Surely the fact that they're all foreign born players have nothing to do with it. :lol

do you see Tony Parker hanging around with them? Did you see Belinelli or Baynes hanging around with them?

Still, Manu and Boris are known to have a high basketball IQ. Mills maybe not on the court, but in his interviews he's pretty spot on.

tonight...you
02-10-2016, 06:07 PM

Jesus... What?

ajh18
02-10-2016, 06:07 PM

If we're talking just pure IQ, I think Bonner is likely the top. Dude was named the 19th-smartest man in pro sports back in 2013 (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10921545/san-antonio-spurs-matt-bonner-first-nba-player-land-sneaker-deal-via-twitter-espn-magazine), reportedly got a 1350 on his SAT (http://www.ecanadanow.com/sat-scores-of-the-famous-matt-bonner-sat-score-1350/66581/), and there's a reason Pop keeps the guy around.

I'd say Tim, Boris, and Manu are the next three, in no particular order. Take a look at the article Tim co-authored in college (http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/nba-star-tim-duncan-is-a-published-author-in-a-psychology-book) or his own self-psycho-analysis (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73832) to see how smart Tim is. And we've all seen how deep and thoughtful Manu is in his writings, and how cultured Boris is.

ceperez
02-10-2016, 06:09 PM
Jesus... What?

Yup. Just listen to the interviews. Green speaks with a lot more intelligence. However, on the court, it is obvious that Simmons has a lot better instinct on the game.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2016, 06:44 PM
do you see Tony Parker hanging around with them? Did you see Belinelli or Baynes hanging around with them?

Still, Manu and Boris are known to have a high basketball IQ. Mills maybe not on the court, but in his interviews he's pretty spot on.

Surely the only reason people would hang out together is that they all have a relatively equal level of intelligence. Couldn't be any other reason. :lol

tonight...you
02-10-2016, 07:23 PM
Yup. Just listen to the interviews. Green speaks with a lot more intelligence. However, on the court, it is obvious that Simmons has a lot better instinct on the game.
Hmm...

BillMc
02-10-2016, 08:21 PM

You are able to assess the IQs of people you don't even know, haven't met, haven't tested, to the degree you believe you can rank them? This is what you are claiming?