PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry is the Most unselfish 30ppg player ever. The best offensive Player ever.

apalisoc_9
02-09-2016, 11:49 PM
Unreal...just unreal. Best offensive player EVER!

HBK
02-09-2016, 11:52 PM
meh he's alright

Benoit
02-09-2016, 11:52 PM
Thanks brother

We've been blessed

james evans
02-10-2016, 12:01 AM
the best offensive player ever that needs 2 or 3 illegal screens to get going :lol

spursfaninla
02-10-2016, 12:01 AM
downstairs.

TheDoctor
02-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Magic Johnson hacked Apa's account.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Best guard since Dad Killer and it's not even close, tbh..

SupremeGuy
02-10-2016, 12:08 AM
the best offensive player ever that needs 2 or 3 illegal screens to get going :lolThere is some truth to this but it sounds kind of salty too. :lol

Horse
02-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Who cares go suck him off

SPURt
02-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Magic Johnson hacked Apa's account.
I am not sure Magic would say such nice things about Steph. He just said his Lakers would "blowout" these Warriors:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/magic-showtime-lakers-would-blow-out-currys-warriors

Which is hard to argue considering Kareem would feast on small ball.

james evans
02-10-2016, 12:12 AM
There is some truth to this but it sounds kind of salty too. :lol
Hey, I'm just saying, if the league continues to allow them to do it, than i'd keep doing it too.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2016, 12:13 AM
I am not sure Magic would say such nice things about Steph. He just said his Lakers would "blowout" these Warriors:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/magic-showtime-lakers-would-blow-out-currys-warriors

Which is hard to argue considering Kareem would feast on small ball.

Magic also said Kobe and Derrick Rose were MVP candidates, last season:lol

He also contributed the semen to create this:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/c8/4f/c84f26dc42d13a7c6b2a6ad2eaf97596.jpg?itok=KSpnH08S

Arcadian
02-10-2016, 12:18 AM
He's the only player in history to truly dominate from the 3-point line. Others did it on occasion, but nobody did it consistently like Curry.

r0drig0lac
02-10-2016, 12:20 AM
who cares?

spurraider21
02-10-2016, 12:45 AM
who cares?
basketball fans

ducks
02-10-2016, 12:49 AM

Leonard should take notes

Benoit
02-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Kobe and MJ are the only guys that played at a higher level than Steph

TrainOfThought5
02-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Im starting to worry we're officially in the Steph Era the way the league was when Jordan dominated. Are the next 5 out of 7 rings Curry's to lose?

FuzzyLumpkins
02-10-2016, 01:00 AM
He's the best shooter I've ever seen and is a very good true PG on offense. I think his defense and durability prevent him from the GOAT conversation. I'd take Robertson, Bryant, and Jordan over him at this point. He still has plenty years left to change my mind though.

spursparker9
02-10-2016, 01:01 AM
The GOAT PG tbh

BatManu20
02-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Greatest shooter ever, think that goes without saying at this point. Incredible ball-handler, great playmaker, and fantastic passer as well. Only thing he's lacking is great D but he doesn't need to be great there cause his team is full of great defenders.

That said, no doubt Curry playing on such a talented team makes him look even better. He goes through lots of scoring droughts but it doesn't matter cause his team is so good they just pick up the slack. They're lethal in the open court and almost everyone on that roster can shoot. And they're the best passing team in the league. Just a great all-around team.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2016, 01:09 AM
Curry is currently in a stratosphere that only ~5ish NBA players have ever reached, and it may be as small as 3 (MJ, Wilt, Curry).

We haven't ever seen a player like this. He dominates in a way that I would not have believed possible. Just calling him the greatest shooter ever is beginning to sell him short at this point.

tmtcsc
02-10-2016, 01:11 AM
Magic also said Kobe and Derrick Rose were MVP candidates, last season:lol

He also contributed the semen to create this:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/c8/4f/c84f26dc42d13a7c6b2a6ad2eaf97596.jpg?itok=KSpnH08S

http://i607.photobucket.com/albums/tt156/tbattle3/208gzrl.gif

TrainOfThought5
02-10-2016, 01:14 AM
Curry is currently in a stratosphere that only ~5ish NBA players have ever reached, and it may be as small as 3 (MJ, Wilt, Curry).

We haven't ever seen a player like this. He dominates in a way that I would not have believed possible. Just calling him the greatest shooter ever is beginning to sell him short at this point.

His passing is beginning to reach otherworldy status too.

tmtcsc
02-10-2016, 01:14 AM
That's all wonderful and everything but I'm looking forward to the Spurs kicking his ass in the playoffs.

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2016, 01:20 AM
Is Curry the least physically imposing dominant athlete in pro sports(North America) history? It's the primary reason there are still detractors, despite his historic run(sample size is large enough, at this point)..it's something we have never seen before, not just stylistically, but also physically..

Wayne Gretzky is the only guy I can think of that rivals him, in that regard..IIRC, Gretzky weighed around 180:lol

apalisoc_9
02-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Is Curry the least physically imposing dominant athlete in pro sports(North America) history? It's the primary reason there are still detractors, despite his historic run(sample size is large enough, at this point)..it's something we have never seen before, not just stylistically, but also physically..

Wayne Gretzky is the only guy I can think of that rivals him, in that regard..IIRC, Gretzky weighed around 180:lol

No way Gretzky play as good as he did in todays nhl though, IMO.

james evans
02-10-2016, 01:31 AM
yo, how old are u?

james evans
02-10-2016, 01:34 AM
Greatest shooter ever, think that goes without saying at this point. Incredible ball-handler, great playmaker, and fantastic passer as well. Only thing he's lacking is great D but he doesn't need to be great there cause his team is full of great defenders.

That said, no doubt Curry playing on such a talented team makes him look even better. He goes through lots of scoring droughts but it doesn't matter cause his team is so good they just pick up the slack. They're lethal in the open court and almost everyone on that roster can shoot. And they're the best passing team in the league. Just a great all-around team.
So he's a top 5 player ever, but can't play defense? haha. if yall want to give him credit for being a top all time shooter, then I'm cool with that, but I remember when players like nique and King were criticized because all they did was score. Now it's celebrated. boy the league has changed the past 30 years

midnightpulp
02-10-2016, 01:36 AM

He wouldn't rack up the points like he did, since today's NHL is more defensive, but he'd still be the league's best offensive player. Jaromir Jagr is 700 years old and is still a top 30 scorer and was a top 5 player less than a decade ago.

Benoit
02-10-2016, 01:39 AM
yo, how old are u?

32 brother

You?

Thread
02-10-2016, 01:41 AM
He wouldn't rack up the points like he did, since today's NHL is more defensive, but he'd still be the league's best offensive player. Jaromir Jagr is 700 years old and is still a top 30 scorer and was a top 5 player less than a decade ago.

I've been watching the last 3 years to root against the Coyotes. What I do not understand is the goalie leaving the pipes to mess around with the puck. I cannot believe a coach would permit it.

The Coyotes were trailing 1-0 with about minute and a half to play about two weeks ago. I'll be a SOB if the goalie didn't leave the net to go around back for the puck and couldn't get back around and the Coyotes scored. That was 1 point already. Goes to OT and the Coyotes won and got the 2 points. I was fucking livid here. I wanted to kill and cry at the same time.

What, Midst, it's like they don't want to make him stay there all night so they hope for the best and let him wander? The announcers never condemn the practice. I see absolutely no point in ever leaving the pipes unless you pull him.

Benoit
02-10-2016, 01:43 AM

Lmao no offense but that's ridiculously stupid

midnightpulp
02-10-2016, 01:44 AM
I've been watching the last 3 years to root against the Coyotes. What I do not understand is the goalie leaving the pipes to mess around with the puck. I cannot believe a coach would permit it.

The Coyotes were trailing 1-0 with about minute and a half to play about two weeks ago. I'll be a SOB if the goalie didn't leave the net to go around back for the puck and couldn't get back around and the Coyotes scored. That was 1 point already. Goes to OT and the Coyotes won and got the 2 points. I was fucking livid here. I wanted to kill and cry at the same time.

What, Midst, it's like they don't want to make him stay there all night so they hope for the best and let him wander? The announcers never condemn the practice. I see absolutely no point in ever leaving the pipes unless you pull him.

Sounds like a bad play. I'm not as up on hockey strategy as IrisHock and lefty, so maybe there was a reason he left the crease. Typically, they should never leave it.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Todays NHL is defensive as fuck..ots not like gretzky can score on 30 footers like curry. Just a different game imo. I'm not an expert in Hockey, but i just dont see it.

Thread
02-10-2016, 01:46 AM
Sounds like a bad play. I'm not as up on hockey strategy as IrisHock and lefty, so maybe there was a reason he left the crease. Typically, they should never leave it.

I've seen it repeatedly on many clubs. Drives me insane.

midnightpulp
02-10-2016, 01:52 AM
Todays NHL is defensive as fuck..ots not like gretzky can score on 30 footers like curry. Just a different game imo. I'm not an expert in Hockey, but i just dont see it.

Yes, but Wayne would probably still be the dominant offensive player in this era. Like I said, a 43 year old Jagr is still a top 20 offensive player. Even though hockey is a fast paced and physical game, handeye coordination and smarts are more important than size and athleticism, which is why it isn't unusual to see hockey players play into their 40s.

Wayne was woefully undersized even in his own era, but his greatest gift was his mind, as many players have said. He just simply saw the game a step ahead of everyone else.

Thread
02-10-2016, 01:54 AM
Yes, but Wayne would probably still be the dominant offensive player in this era. Like I said, a 43 year old Jagr is still a top 20 offensive player. Even though hockey is a fast paced and physical game, handeye coordination and smarts are more important than size and athleticism, which is why it isn't unusual to see hockey players play into their 40s.

Wayne was woefully undersized even in his own era, but his greatest gift was his mind, as many players have said. He just simply saw the game a step ahead of everyone else.

I once saw Kori like that, she'd got out of the shower a step before she got in it.

apalisoc_9
02-10-2016, 01:56 AM
I once saw Kori like that, she'd got out of the shower a step before she got in it.

:lmao

midnightpulp
02-10-2016, 01:57 AM

Caught a glimpse of the ol' beaver, eh?

Kawhitstorm
02-10-2016, 02:18 AM

Ichiro Suzuki 5'11" / 170

Willie Mays 5'10" / 170

Hank Aaron 6'0" / 180

Greg Maddux 6'0" / 170

spurraider21
02-10-2016, 02:34 AM
:lmao gretzky would destroy today's NHL... 2 line pass bruh. huuuuge game changer.

also overtime is 3 on 3 now :lol

apalisoc_9
02-10-2016, 02:49 AM
The offense is so bad in today NHL that they had to play 3 on 3..lol. to be fair, the defense is at a high right now.

3 vs 3 is ine of the best sporting inovations in my lifetime.

Cry Havoc
02-10-2016, 03:44 AM
Ichiro Suzuki 5'11" / 170

Willie Mays 5'10" / 170

Hank Aaron 6'0" / 180

Greg Maddux 6'0" / 170

If only baseball was a sport where height really matters. It's an advantage to a pitcher, but not a be-all end-all. If you're a 7' male in the USA you have a 19% chance of playing in the L in your lifetime. That's what height does in the NBA.

spurraider21
02-10-2016, 04:11 AM
The offense is so bad in today NHL that they had to play 3 on 3..lol. to be fair, the defense is at a high right now.

3 vs 3 is ine of the best sporting inovations in my lifetime.
lol... offense is so bad they had to remove the 2 line pass rule just to help them out

gretzky would annihilate the NHL with that rule change

spurraider21
02-10-2016, 04:12 AM
so they move this thread to the NBA forum but for some reason can't move the jimmer thread to the college sports forum/think tank

Kawhitstorm
02-10-2016, 04:18 AM
If only baseball was a sport where height really matters. It's an advantage to a pitcher, but not a be-all end-all. If you're a 7' male in the USA you have a 19% chance of playing in the L in your lifetime. That's what height does in the NBA.

The All-Time HR/RBI leaders are much bigger than Willie Mays & Maddux dominated in the steroid era without having a rocket arm (still had 3K strikeouts).

lefty
02-10-2016, 09:30 AM
If Stockton played in today's NBA he would have averaged 40 ppg and 20 apg tbh

lefty
02-10-2016, 09:31 AM
:lol
If only baseball was a sport .

TheDoctor
02-10-2016, 11:19 AM
I am not sure Magic would say such nice things about Steph.

Smoke 'n mirrors.

Relevancy
02-10-2016, 11:23 AM
MJ, Kobe or any offensive player you can think of has never been as efficient as curry when it comes to scoring points

this guys efficiency is on par with shaqs or every single dominant big man that has played the game, what's more amazing is that he doesn't posess their body, he can't bully others with his body to get lay-ups, he has to rely on pure skill.. If he keeps this up for a few more seasons and wins more rings in the process I see no reason why he can't be in contention for the best ever

ambchang
02-10-2016, 12:53 PM
From an efficiency standpoint, Shaq, Kareem and Bird in their primes were up there, so was Hakeem to a degree. But yes, the league never really saw a perimeter player who is this efficient with this type of volume.

james evans
02-10-2016, 12:53 PM
32 brother

You?
NOt that much older than u, I'll be 38 at the end of the year. I'm young too. So u don't remember Hakeem in the early 90s? Or David Robinson? Or Shaq???? Or.... ahh forget it. Curry is a good player. No one is saying he's trash, but let's chill on the all time shit for right now haha.

z0sa
02-10-2016, 12:59 PM
From an efficiency standpoint, Shaq, Kareem and Bird in their primes were up there, so was Hakeem to a degree. But yes, the league never really saw a perimeter player who is this efficient with this type of volume.

It's the rule changes, especially flagrants. No one can put Curry on his ass and so he's just today's face of a vast future of players like him.

james evans
02-10-2016, 01:00 PM
If Stockton played in today's NBA he would have averaged 40 ppg and 20 apg tbh
Stockton has an interesting autobiography. He tells a story of playing in his rookie year getting clotheslined going in the paint. He said he went to the refs for help and the ref told him, "you shouldn't go down there.."

Thread
02-10-2016, 01:03 PM
It's the rule changes, especially flagrants. No one can put Curry on his ass and so he's just today's face of a vast future of players like him.

No one wants to put Curry on his ass. And even if they "wanted" to they'd resist that want with every fiber of their being. He's the NBAPA cash cow. Every man benefits by what Curry is doing, could do & will do.

The money tipped many years ago. School was out at that point.

z0sa
02-10-2016, 01:06 PM
No one wants to put Curry on his ass. And even if they "wanted" to they'd resist that want with every fiber of their being. He's the NBAPA cash cow. Every man benefits by what Curry is doing, could do & will do.

The money tipped many years ago. School was out at that point.

Explain. Dude does not even make anywhere close to a max contract by years ago standards.

Thread
02-10-2016, 01:12 PM
Explain. Dude does not even make anywhere close to a max contract by years ago standards.

The massive wave he creates benefits all players not just himself & teammates. Everybody gets to ride. The wonderment aspect of his game transcends the static. Everything now is dynamic. It's a build. He starts it, runs the first 100 yards, hands the baton to Media, they run the next 100 yards, hand it off to the fans, we run without exhaustion. And we don't stop until he stops.

Benoit
02-10-2016, 01:16 PM

:rollin Jesus Christ

ambchang
02-10-2016, 01:26 PM

Hand checks, defensive 3, shooting bigs, all of those things just opened up the court for perimeter players. It's no coincidence that the league used to be dominated by bigs, and you can't even find a decent one in today's game.

DMC
02-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Steph's game is predicated on having better shot mechanics than anyone else, by far. If those ever break, like Tiger's did, Steph will be Monta Ellis.

Thread
02-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Steph's game is predicated on having better shot mechanics than anyone else, by far. If those ever break, like Tiger's did, Steph will be Monta Ellis.

I'd settle to just get the -back come June.

You could brazen it out to Pop's content after that.

LkrFan
02-10-2016, 08:16 PM

H:lolckey Fans

BD24
02-10-2016, 08:21 PM
:lmao Seriously who's shitty fucking troll is this? Naruto? Kool? Which one of you laker fags is running this shitty account?

Thread
02-10-2016, 08:28 PM
:lmao Seriously who's shitty fucking troll is this? Naruto? Kool? Which one of you laker fags is running this shitty account?

He's a pisser.

Silver&Black
02-10-2016, 08:31 PM
He's a pisser.

You ain't fucking Champ, Bail. You've got no right...

Thread
02-10-2016, 08:35 PM
You ain't fucking Champ, Bail. You've got no right...

:rolleyes